- - Little thief !! That kid pick pocketed my Complaint Thread! - -

17810121350

Comments

  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

    So sad... I must have done something bad in the advanced rendering tab. 8hrs of rendering while I aslessp. I wake up to find it has accomplished a mere 3% ! DX DX DX

    I am really not supposed to do this jungle scene! :(

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 30,433
    edited December 1969

    flashback said:
    Thanks TJohn, the Doctor says it should clear up in 4-5 days.
    I have to change some habits though.
    I've been sleeping with my lenses in for quite a while now with no apparent ill effects, but the Doc says that there are blood vessels growing into the corneas. This is a reaction to oxygen deprivation to that part of the eye. So I'm going to have to go back to removing the lenses before bed. I'm also going to need glasses for the time I'm not wearing the contacts as I'm 90% blind without them.
    Lasik is not an option as I am so near-sighted and have such extreme astigmatism that it would be impossible to fully correct them, leaving me still wearing glasses but unable to wear contacts.
    I loathe wearing glasses.

    ...I can't wear contacts because of how sensitive my eyes are. Even the lightest of breezes starts them watering.
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 30,433
    edited December 1969

    ...and suddenly...it was Fall.

    Grey, cool, cloudy, and misty on Friday.

    We're just going into what PS1Borg s coming out of on his side of the world.

    I need to move to Guam where it is always summer.

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...and suddenly...it was Fall.

    Grey, cool, cloudy, and misty on Friday.

    We're just going into what PS1Borg s coming out of on his side of the world.

    I need to move to Guam where it is always summer.

    Yes quite a springy kind of day here - warm, lots of sneezing heh not so bad for me but some folk really suffer with allergies and there are thick clouds of white and yellow pollen drifting around the garden city :)

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

    Spyro said:
    So sad... I must have done something bad in the advanced rendering tab. 8hrs of rendering while I aslessp. I wake up to find it has accomplished a mere 3% ! DX DX DX

    I am really not supposed to do this jungle scene! :(

    worth a look to see perhaps if you are out of useable RAM, each time you double width and height of an image you quadruple the resources needed to build it :)

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

    my roommate asked if I can get free food at Wendy's. I will not start bringing food back for others. I do not think it is a good idea to do so. I am upset that she tried to get free food from me. If she wants food, she should get it herself or eat the food that is provided by the home.

    You enjoying the new job or is it too early to tell ?

  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,942
    edited December 1969

    Ooooog. Complaint! I am full of karee raisu and tonkatsu! And I still have lots of it on my plate! (Good thing that I am at home.)

  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

    ps1borg said:
    Spyro said:
    So sad... I must have done something bad in the advanced rendering tab. 8hrs of rendering while I aslessp. I wake up to find it has accomplished a mere 3% ! DX DX DX

    I am really not supposed to do this jungle scene! :(

    worth a look to see perhaps if you are out of useable RAM, each time you double width and height of an image you quadruple the resources needed to build it :)

    Yep that's exactly what it is! 90% of ram is used by Daz 6gb is just not cutting it :( I may not be able to render my 2weeks worth of work for the September home coming challenge at all :(

  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,942
    edited December 1969

    What's the size of the render you're trying to do?

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited September 2012

    You can render layers eg foreground, middleground and background and composite the images together in GIMP or similar. If you save an image as a PNG file you will get a transparent background for nothing, so long as you left a blank background in everything except your render of the background. Do a couple of small test frames first so there are no surprises.

    Post edited by ps1borg on
  • Miss Bad WolfMiss Bad Wolf Posts: 20,856
    edited December 1969

    ps1borg said:
    my roommate asked if I can get free food at Wendy's. I will not start bringing food back for others. I do not think it is a good idea to do so. I am upset that she tried to get free food from me. If she wants food, she should get it herself or eat the food that is provided by the home.

    You enjoying the new job or is it too early to tell ?

    So far enjoying it. I still have pessimistic thoughts though. I am still keep thinking that I am terrible at everything or something equally negative. those thoughts are not very helpful. I am trying to think positive but sometimes it is hard.

  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 30,253
    edited December 1969

    So far enjoying it. I still have pessimistic thoughts though. I am still keep thinking that I am terrible at everything or something equally negative. those thoughts are not very helpful. I am trying to think positive but sometimes it is hard.

    Try that famous Mantra. Say it to yourself 3 times every morning "Every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better"

  • Miss Bad WolfMiss Bad Wolf Posts: 20,856
    edited December 1969

    chohole said:

    So far enjoying it. I still have pessimistic thoughts though. I am still keep thinking that I am terrible at everything or something equally negative. those thoughts are not very helpful. I am trying to think positive but sometimes it is hard.

    Try that famous Mantra. Say it to yourself 3 times every morning "Every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better"


    I will try that. I just did that.


    Great is it close to seven thirty am and I have not eaten breakfast yet. I need to be at work in half an hour. I still need to eat my breakfast and take my medicine. After that I need to finish getting ready for work and leave.


    It is breakfast time.

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

    ps1borg said:
    my roommate asked if I can get free food at Wendy's. I will not start bringing food back for others. I do not think it is a good idea to do so. I am upset that she tried to get free food from me. If she wants food, she should get it herself or eat the food that is provided by the home.

    You enjoying the new job or is it too early to tell ?

    So far enjoying it. I still have pessimistic thoughts though. I am still keep thinking that I am terrible at everything or something equally negative. those thoughts are not very helpful. I am trying to think positive but sometimes it is hard.

    I feel like that sometimes, I think it is just what happens when you do stuff. Doing stuff always causes problems, but what's the alternative? If you can talk about those feelings you are halfway to loosening their grip :)

  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

    Skiriki said:
    What's the size of the render you're trying to do?

    Well after several painfull attempts to render it has changed an I pretty much give up on that render now just loading the scene takes 15 min at 90% of all the ram I got. Originally it was 4000 px at ratio of 16:9 with reasonable quality but far from great it failed after 8-9 hours of rendering which only accomplished 3% DX

    The next attempt was 3000 px at 16:9. Failed.

    2000px at 4:3 lowered quality settings which rendered for 1 hr + I pulled the plug on it as it accomplished 0% in that time frame!

    All of this tells me my pc just can't handle Daz under these conditions. DX DX.

    I've had a real bad fortnight with technology. Everything I got is malfunctioning or requires upgrading :(

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited September 2012

    Spyro said:
    Skiriki said:
    What's the size of the render you're trying to do?

    Well after several painfull attempts to render it has changed an I pretty much give up on that render now just loading the scene takes 15 min at 90% of all the ram I got. Originally it was 4000 px at ratio of 16:9 with reasonable quality but far from great it failed after 8-9 hours of rendering which only accomplished 3% DX

    The next attempt was 3000 px at 16:9. Failed.

    2000px at 4:3 lowered quality settings which rendered for 1 hr + I pulled the plug on it as it accomplished 0% in that time frame!

    All of this tells me my pc just can't handle Daz under these conditions. DX DX.

    I've had a real bad fortnight with technology. Everything I got is malfunctioning or requires upgrading :(


    Did you try another version? Like for example DS3? Ah crap you won't be able to load the scene. Um, you could save out everything in place as presets though, and try a different approach/software version. Sometimes just rolling back to a previous version makes a difference, don't know if it will for sure for you though *empathises*

    Post edited by ps1borg on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

    Sadly even getting more ram for my existing pc will set me back on the submission date for the September challenge so I won't be attempting to get it submitted now. Just sux cos I see so many great full scene renders and I can't make them :(

  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

    Nar ds4 not work when you got ds4.5 and ds3 no good with lights an genesis :(

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

    The perils of early adoption *haz sorry* :)

  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

    Owell. The bright side is have something to save up for and to work towards... A brand new an much better computer !! Once I get that the real fun begins :cheese:

  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,942
    edited December 1969

    Hey, can you take a screen cap of your render settings in advanced tab. We can prolly hash it out for you.

  • FyredrygyonFyredrygyon Posts: 742
    edited September 2012

    Man, I was bad these last two days and bought more then I should but I loved that outfit of Ignis and that pool house and texture add-on gave me such wonderful ideas for a house for one of my characters that I just had to buy it. I'm still trying to decide if I want the lighting...

    That'll probably be all I buy from Daz for the rest of the week until Friday.

    Post edited by Fyredrygyon on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

    Skiriki said:
    Hey, can you take a screen cap of your render settings in advanced tab. We can prolly hash it out for you.

    Thanks skiriki! I not home ATM the last render attempt I made was default quality 4 settings. It seems there is just too much happening in the scene that my puta just can't handle unfortunately. And I had already broken it up in layers but the lighting an shadows are so dependent on the other layers being combined.

    But fingers crossed I can get a new puta soon or a ram upgrade to help until such a time :)

  • MystarraMystarra Posts: 30,477
    edited December 1969

    wahhh hang over

    6 new 'squite bites, iz a lot of itch spots

  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

    Spyro said:
    Owell. The bright side is have something to save up for and to work towards... A brand new an much better computer !! Once I get that the real fun begins :cheese:
    It's all the Trans maps and textures that are killing you Spyro. Try rendering the scene in layers. Foreground, Mid range then distance. Remove as much as possible for each section and save out as different files. Close DS (to clear stack) reopen and load just one part and render it. Do that for all parts. You could even break it down to smaller parts. I hope this helps.

    EDIT: Of course you Know how to postwork all this together in PS, I think I read your Very good with PS.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

    Jaderail said:
    Spyro said:
    Owell. The bright side is have something to save up for and to work towards... A brand new an much better computer !! Once I get that the real fun begins :cheese:
    It's all the Trans maps and textures that are killing you Spyro. Try rendering the scene in layers. Foreground, Mid range then distance. Remove as much as possible for each section and save out as different files. Close DS (to clear stack) reopen and load just one part and render it. Do that for all parts. You could even break it down to smaller parts. I hope this helps.

    EDIT: Of course you Know how to postwork all this together in PS, I think I read your Very good with PS.

    First off. Awe that's a sweet compliment :) I think it does have a lot to do with maps and trans maps! Ram issue totally not helping either! I think I will give the sectioning a go. I'll have to study the small test renders with the shadows and lighting and tactically break the scene into sectors. Annoying and timely definitely much more post work! However, I could do it much sooner than getting a new pc!!!! Thanks very much jaderail.

    And thanks to ps1borg and skiriki too!!!

    :cheese:

  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Spyro said:
    First off. Awe that's a sweet compliment :) I think it does have a lot to do with maps and trans maps! Ram issue totally not helping either!
    Another tip for you. ALL items, even the items not in view, will get Light/Shadow calculations and that means Maps and Trans Maps. EVERY item not in the RENDER VIEW DELETE!!! Unless it will cast a needed shadow. I learned that way back on my 2Gb XP system. Saves render time and RAM.
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

    Oh! I didn't know that... thats a bit silly that that happens... I could do a bit of culling now that you mention it.

  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 30,253
    edited December 1969

    It's not really sill, if the object is there, then the computer is going to add that poly count to all the other poly counts for the visible objects, and of course the textures will be on the texture list as well, all extar stuff the computer is having to deal with.

    Best is , as Jade says, delete anything that is not seen in the render, save the scene like that, close your rendering app and then reopen it before starting the render, as that makes sure they are not held in memory.

  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

    Now that's a good extension of the idea... Again, I didn't think of restarting. Thanks Cho. I'm culling my scene as we speak... Surprisingly It's not 'as' laggy atm.

This discussion has been closed.