- - Little thief !! That kid pick pocketed my Complaint Thread! - -

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Skiriki said:
    What's the size of the render you're trying to do?

Well after several painfull attempts to render it has changed an I pretty much give up on that render now just loading the scene takes 15 min at 90% of all the ram I got. Originally it was 4000 px at ratio of 16:9 with reasonable quality but far from great it failed after 8-9 hours of rendering which only accomplished 3% DX

The next attempt was 3000 px at 16:9. Failed.

2000px at 4:3 lowered quality settings which rendered for 1 hr + I pulled the plug on it as it accomplished 0% in that time frame!

All of this tells me my pc just can't handle Daz under these conditions. DX DX.

I've had a real bad fortnight with technology. Everything I got is malfunctioning or requires upgrading :(
    ...even though my new system has twice the RAM of yours, that still isn't very comforting. Sounds like 4.5/3Delight may still be plagued by memory leaks that bloat the file unnecessarily. This has been an ongoing issue with the Studio application since the early days. It began to have a major impact on rendering performance in 2.3 and reached an extreme level in 3Advanced.

It is also not unusual for Norton to pop up a high CPU use warning when I boot up the app.and load a scene, often citing TDLmake as being the culprit with 4.5.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Yeah, I agree that there may be an issue with the program... But not all my problems with RAM usage is the rendering itself. While not rendering, The Ram usage is extremely high, and it lags and on-off not responding something chronic with large scenes. But other than a more suitable PC what do you do? lol

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Oh! I didn't know that... thats a bit silly that that happens... I could do a bit of culling now that you mention it.

...yes I learned that as well. I now look at what will have an effect on the scene in the viewport and what doesn't.

The scene in the link below is the largest I ever attempted on my old system (1,600 x 1,200). In this one I only used only a handful of basic Daz lights (no IDL or AO) to achieve the desired effect so I could get away with unparenting and deleting almost everything from the City Ruins 01 set that wouldn't visible or delete other items permanently parented to it. The rendering experience was still a white knuckle affair and took quite a while to complete.

http://kyotokid.deviantart.com/art/Child-of-War-315179839?ga_submit=10:1348341903

However, just don't go unparenting and deleting everything that is out of sight though, especially if you are using an IDL light set (like UE). Also you may want/need some elements outside the scene view to create shadows or be reflected on surfaces like the scene below. Here I wanted the fireworks that Leela and her mother were watching to be reflected in the windows behind them. Unfortunately this was unfinished and lost in a HD crash.

The final scene was to include Meggan's lead butler Giles (D3) with a tray of refreshments for the two and people inside the ballroom using the M.O.M. crowd generator, but it was unfortunately lost in a HD crash.

leela_momma.jpg
    800 x 800 - 450K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

beer yayy

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Spyro said:
    Owell. The bright side is have something to save up for and to work towards... A brand new an much better computer !! Once I get that the real fun begins :cheese:
    It's all the Trans maps and textures that are killing you Spyro. Try rendering the scene in layers. Foreground, Mid range then distance. Remove as much as possible for each section and save out as different files. Close DS (to clear stack) reopen and load just one part and render it. Do that for all parts. You could even break it down to smaller parts. I hope this helps.

EDIT: Of course you Know how to postwork all this together in PS, I think I read your Very good with PS.

The more distant scenes can also be rendered using lower rennder settings.

Rendering in layers also has the advantage of giving you more control over post work DOF etc.

One thing I usually do is save out my lights and my cameras as presets.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Glowy pink and blue fluffy clouds lingering in a softlit dawn outside my window :)

edited December 1969

wahhh hang over

6 new 'squite bites, iz a lot of itch spots

The drunk pirate has a list:

http://www.thedrunkpirate.com/2009/01/15/the-20-best-user-submitted-hangover-cures-ever/#

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Spyro said:
    Owell. The bright side is have something to save up for and to work towards... A brand new an much better computer !! Once I get that the real fun begins :cheese:
    It's all the Trans maps and textures that are killing you Spyro. Try rendering the scene in layers. Foreground, Mid range then distance. Remove as much as possible for each section and save out as different files. Close DS (to clear stack) reopen and load just one part and render it. Do that for all parts. You could even break it down to smaller parts. I hope this helps.

EDIT: Of course you Know how to postwork all this together in PS, I think I read your Very good with PS.

The more distant scenes can also be rendered using lower rennder settings.

Rendering in layers also has the advantage of giving you more control over post work DOF etc.

One thing I usually do is save out my lights and my cameras as presets.

Dump bump and specular maps, use procedurals instead they will have been optimized.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Spyro said:
    Oh! I didn't know that... thats a bit silly that that happens... I could do a bit of culling now that you mention it.

...yes I learned that as well. I now look at what will have an effect on the scene in the viewport and what doesn't.

The scene in the link below is the largest I ever attempted on my old system (1,600 x 1,200). In this one I only used only a handful of basic Daz lights (no IDL or AO) to achieve the desired effect so I could get away with unparenting and deleting almost everything from the City Ruins 01 set that wouldn't visible or delete other items permanently parented to it. The rendering experience was still a white knuckle affair and took quite a while to complete.

http://kyotokid.deviantart.com/art/Child-of-War-315179839?ga_submit=10:1348341903

However, just don't go unparenting and deleting everything that is out of sight though, especially if you are using an IDL light set (like UE). Also you may want/need some elements outside the scene view to create shadows or be reflected on surfaces like the scene below. Here I wanted the fireworks that Leela and her mother were watching to be reflected in the windows behind them. Unfortunately this was unfinished and lost in a HD crash.

The final scene was to include Meggan's lead butler Giles (D3) with a tray of refreshments for the two and people inside the ballroom using the M.O.M. crowd generator, but it was unfortunately lost in a HD crash.

There has been some great work done over the years on lightweight platforms ;)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    wahhh hang over

http://www.thedrunkpirate.com/2009/01/15/the-20-best-user-submitted-hangover-cures-ever/#

I have the best way to deal with hangovers. It works really great for me. Do not drink any alcohol. If you are hanging out with friends and they go to the bar, here is what I will do. be the designated driver and make sure all your friends are over 21. Same theory, do not drink alcohol. drink soda instead. better yet drink water and get an appetizer. Well drinking soda is okay as long as you make sure you drink some water each day.

I do not see the point of getting drunk. If I want the feeling that I am totally out of it, I could just go several hours without eating and that is cheaper. well until I get tired of it and then I would have to buy something to eat.

edited December 1969

Does anyone know my Netflix password?

edited September 2012

ps1borg said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Spyro said:

There has been some great work done over the years on lightweight platforms ;)

...that's what I love about Jack's big sets. You can also load them piece by piece instead of just the whole thing at once.

Ohh and transmps, that scene above with Leela and her mum was full of them, from the hair, and the MFD both of them are wearing, to the fireworks props and Ivy on the wall. Then add in the reflectivity of the windows. I'm surprised this even rendered (especially in Studio 2.3.3).

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...that's what I love about Jack's big sets. You can also load them piece by piece instead of just the whole thing at once.

Ohh and transmps, that scene above with Leela and her mum was full of them, from the hair, and the MFD both of them are wearing, to the fireworks props and Ivy on the wall. Then add in the reflectivity of the windows. I'm surprised this even rendered (especially in Studio 2.3.3).

Jack makes me think of Captain Jack. He is so cute. And also Jack Tomalin. Does anyone know if I already bought the Guildhall? I thought I bought that and played with it once.

edited December 1969

before time began there was the cube -tee hee

t'nites a Transformers movies movie night.

i have no chips or popcorn. bummer

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    wahhh hang over

I have the best way to deal with hangovers. It works really great for me. Do not drink any alcohol. If you are hanging out with friends and they go to the bar, here is what I will do. be the designated driver and make sure all your friends are over 21. Same theory, do not drink alcohol. drink soda instead. better yet drink water and get an appetizer. Well drinking soda is okay as long as you make sure you drink some water each day.

I do not see the point of getting drunk. If I want the feeling that I am totally out of it, I could just go several hours without eating and that is cheaper. well until I get tired of it and then I would have to buy something to eat.

that would work, too :)

edited December 1969

ooo just had an idea for a thief render, if i find or make a hoopak i could do a Kender render. tee hee hee - it rhymes, kender render

edited December 1969

I have to go to the bathroom.

edited December 1969

When I can I am going to get a monitor cable so I can use my tv as a second monitor. I am going to do the RGB cable first because that is cheaper. If that does not work. I will get hdmi and a doo dad that converts hdmi into the right kind. I forgot what it was called. I had the cables but forgot to bring them to NC so they are now lost forever.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Bacon will get you through times of no chips or popcorn better than chips or popcorn will get you through times of no Bacon.

Oink.

"That's All Folks!"

oink.jpg
    600 x 800 - 253K
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

Bacon will get you through times of no chips or popcorn better than chips or popcorn will get you through times of no Bacon.

Oink.

"That's All Folks!"

How did you do that guy? Bacon is good on a JBC. Not sure if chips will be good on a burger. doubt popcorn would be good on a burger either.

Not sure if I want a bucket of bacon while watching a movie. that is too much bacon for me.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

Oink.

"That's All Folks!"

How did you do that guy? Bacon is good on a JBC. Not sure if chips will be good on a burger. doubt popcorn would be good on a burger either.

Not sure if I want a bucket of bacon while watching a movie. that is too much bacon for me.

Me too, but I love bacon. It turns a cheeseburger into something even better.
    That is Genesis with pear shape body morph and pig nose morph from Creature Creator heads, I think. The ears up top morph was freebie from RammWolf I got from here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6841/

edited December 1969

Bacon can turn a good burger into a great burger, but it cannot help a burger patty that is terrible. Trust me there are burgers that are awful. The ones served at the group home tonight were awful. Wendy's has better burgers. I like Wendy's burgers so much that I would work at a Wendy's. oh wait, I do work for Wendy's, but I do not get free burgers. Only managers get free food. I am not a manager.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

Bacon rules!

edited December 1969

Just thought of a good name for that guy.
    Pig-m-alien.
    :P

edited December 1969

Three reasons I am not a vegetarian: first Bacon, second Bacon cheeseburgers, and lastly chicken club sandwiches (chicken with cheese and bacon)

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Bacon rules!

Haven't seen the Bacon Rules manual. Hope I've been doing it right. :lol:

edited December 1969

I found it!
    Rule #1: Nobody talks about Bacon Club. :)

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    I found it!
    Rule #1: Nobody talks about Bacon Club. :)

Do you mean the Chicken bacon club? Of course no one talks about it, because they are either eating it, wanting to eat it or are vegetarians or vegans. (or do not like chicken)

edited December 1969

Another good name for that guy:
    Ball Park Frank. :P
    OK, I'll shut up now.

Oh I forgot to complain in the Complaint thread... uh...
    This thread is way too much fun.
    That's sorta a complaint, right?

edited December 1969

oh here is a complaint, I have not heard of any vegetarian alternatives to bacon. Are there any vegetarian alternatives to bacon?

This discussion has been closed.