Look at my Hair: official thread [Commercial] RELEASED!

Comments

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    riftwitch said:
    ..t. Sure wish it would be this easy to get hair in the real world...

Hair + RL Plugin Module :)

Ironically, many decades ago when I actually tried using a hairpiece, the type I had was called a fusion; small bits of your own hair were pulled through small metal loops on the bottom of the thing, and fused to the loops with...superglue. I've been shaving my head for so long now that I almost forget what having hair was like. I can grow a beard like nobody's business, though.

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the manual, looks very great what you are doing - I really can't wait to get my hands on it!

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

OOOOoooooo AA so how's it going????Any word?? Still waiting ........now bumping .........

Wheeeenn I'mmmm calllinnngg yoooooouuuuuuu ooooooowww, you have no clue how lucky you are not being able to hear me singing to you .....

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

carrie58 said:
    OOOOoooooo AA so how's it going????Any word?? Still waiting ........now bumping .........

Wheeeenn I'mmmm calllinnngg yoooooouuuuuuu ooooooowww, you have no clue how lucky you are not being able to hear me singing to you .....

Why, do you sing so bad that I might turn into stone? LOL Nah, just kidding of course.

Everything fine so far, still releasing beta versions and plenty of bugs to be cured. But at least the final set of features is completed, and that's an important goal so that now I can only concentrate on taking care of issues.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

We patiently await its arrival with breathless anticipation.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Everything fine so far, still releasing beta versions and plenty of bugs to be cured. But at least the final set of features is completed, and that's an important goal so that now I can only concentrate on taking care of issues.

Good to hear Alessandro, good to hear! :D

edited December 1969

Nothing special, but I wanted to share an image showing latest GUI version interface (1.037B).
    As you can see I'm furring a velociraptor %-P, and taking advantage of the 3D painted density maps which are of great help to define not only the density itself but also the areas where you actually want or don't want hair.
    Cheers...

raptorgui.jpg
    1308 x 1085 - 265K
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

Nothing special, but I wanted to share an image showing latest GUI version interface (1.037B).
    As you can see I'm furring a velociraptor %-P, and taking advantage of the 3D painted density maps which are of great help to define not only the density itself but also the areas where you actually want or don't want hair.
    Cheers...

Oh man, I am in the middle of loading new content into my runtime and all I see is fur options. This will be such an awesome tool. I just can't wait. It is like the night before Christmas and I am 12 years old. :lol:

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    Cheers...

Oh man, I am in the middle of loading new content into my runtime and all I see is fur options. This will be such an awesome tool. I just can't wait. It is like the night before Christmas and I am 12 years old. :lol:

Thank you, I'm also very excited to see so much interest and I sincerely hope folks will have a great time and enjoy using it.

edited December 1969

In the meantime I rendered the furred raptor... :)

raptor.jpg
    913 x 817 - 378K
    edited December 1969

Played with the Lycan figure tonight, here are some images I made, the standard figure, and two furred versions, with some glow effect and increased contrast. 750000 hair :gulp: , medium render settings, 1 UberEnvironment light, standard LAMH fur shader.
    Hope you like those...

werewolf1.jpg
    835 x 906 - 291K
    werewolf2.jpg
    835 x 906 - 398K
    werewolf3.jpg
    835 x 906 - 333K
    edited December 1969

And here is the Lycan styled in LAMH, with preview hair...

gui.jpg
    1308 x 1088 - 368K
    edited September 2012

carrie58 said:

Why, do you sing so bad that I might turn into stone? LOL Nah, just kidding of course.

Hehehe No I sing so bad though you would be wishing to turn to stone ....so ya couldn't hear it!!!I can't carry a note in a bucket with assisstance, it's a very sad thing .......worse unfortunately I'm not tone deaf sooo I know how bad I sound ......such is life ,did make a great torture threat when my kids were younger and not behaveing ...."Keep it up and I'm gonna sing" worked every time!
    Glad to hear work is progressing ,I'll keep waiting .

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

WOW WOW WOW Alex. Lycan looks really nice. If you have some of GhostofMacbeth's morphs for him bet pull in some of the toonish details would make a scary realistic Werewolf!

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/lycanthropos-species (1)
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/lycanthropos-species-2 (2)

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    WOW WOW WOW Alex. Lycan looks really nice. If you have some of GhostofMacbeth's morphs for him bet pull in some of the toonish details would make a scary realistic Werewolf!

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/lycanthropos-species (1)
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/lycanthropos-species-2 (2)

Thanks Richard, didn't know about those...

• michaeltoomichaeltoo Posts: 219
    edited December 1969

Nice Doggy! Can't wait for it to be ready Alessandro. I also like the hairy bird.;-)

edited December 1969

Nice Doggy! Can't wait for it to be ready Alessandro. I also like the hairy bird.;-)

Thanks Michael!

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited September 2012

Alex asked me to post these for you guys to take a look at. They are created in LAMH Plugin my fav is the last render.

Sal.

LAMH3DPaint3.jpg
    800 x 800 - 294K
    YanPaintTest.jpg
    800 x 800 - 183K
    LAMHTest5.jpg
    800 x 800 - 240K
    AFPaintTest.jpg
    800 x 800 - 146K
    Post edited by Sal UK on
    edited December 1969

Thank you Steve. In the pics above, Steve used density maps to precisely create a contour area for the hair...

edited December 1969

OMG !!! those look so good !!

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Played with the Lycan figure tonight, here are some images I made, the standard figure, and two furred versions, with some glow effect and increased contrast. 750000 hair :gulp: , medium render settings, 1 UberEnvironment light, standard LAMH fur shader.
    Hope you like those...

< howls at the moon >

Translation from the Wuffish: "Put your pants back on!" ;-P

Excellent, this is the sort of thing I've been waiting for, to see just how good a furry critter can look. I think I like it.

edited December 1969

Wow I just had a thought LAMH could be used to change the hairline of some of the hairs out there,add widows peaks,longer sideburns,lower the necklines, or the hair at the temples .........
    SalUK did you use LAMH for the mustache??

edited December 1969

carrie58 said:
    Wow I just had a thought LAMH could be used to change the hairline of some of the hairs out there,add widows peaks,longer sideburns,lower the necklines, or the hair at the temples .........
    SalUK did you use LAMH for the mustache??

Hi carrie no the mustache was part of the texture but at the moment I am experimenting with such things Alex said it was ok to post this render it is my first test creating the hair and facial hair in one density map ( Density maps will become clearer when Alex reveals more) but they are easy to either paint within LAMH or to create your own outside and import them into the plugin.

Here is my Experimenting first render.

LAMHtestHairAndface.png
    800 x 800 - 915K
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the quick response ,that looks pretty good,have you tried to put the LAMH mustache over the one on the texture??I think that would
    give dimension to the textured mustache while give the LAMH one a good base .......course I could be wrong .......

edited December 1969

carrie58 said:
    Thanks for the quick response ,that looks pretty good,have you tried to put the LAMH mustache over the one on the texture??I think that would
    give dimension to the textured mustache while give the LAMH one a good base .......course I could be wrong .......

Yes you could create a mustache using the texture I used just by painting a desity map over the area. I did mess up the rendering on the render I Posted it would have had more dimension but I reduced the Specular strengh my bad..lol I have messed with the density map more and left the default specular strengh on the next render that is rendering at the moment Ill re-post that as soon as it finishes.

Steve.

• michaeltoomichaeltoo Posts: 219
    edited December 1969

Well, I pitty the fool who don't like your renders. :-) They are absolutely wonderful, not just the renders but what your able to do with the hair great work Sal UK. I just can't wait to play with them myself!

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited September 2012

Well, I know SOMEBODY who is waiting for a nice fur coat. *smile*

Still working on the feet and texture, though.

The texture there is from the BugBear set by Valandar hijacked momentarily until he gets his own. :D

ChimpSurprise.jpg
    409 x 758 - 18K
    Post edited by RKane_1 on
    edited December 1969

Well, I pitty the fool who don't like your renders. :-) They are absolutely wonderful, not just the renders but what your able to do with the hair great work Sal UK. I just can't wait to play with them myself!

Thank you very much Michael.. :)

Here is the second Test Render I did adjust the density map I created I still think it needs a bit more tweaking but I am very happy with the results so far, I think everyone is going to love this plugin.

RoughTestRender2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 263K
    edited December 1969

Beautiful render Steve, and I don't say it just because I have too. This one is much better than your previous one as the hair have some specular tone, and they look great.

edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    Well, I know SOMEBODY who is waiting for a nice fur coat. *smile*

Still working on the feet and texture, though.

The texture there is from the BugBear set by Valandar hijacked momentarily until he gets his own. :D

How about this Gorilla I did a few weeks ago? Blonde wig LOL

gorilla_jeans.jpg
    614 x 952 - 279K
This discussion has been closed.