Look at my Hair: official thread [Commercial] RELEASED!

Comments

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Hi Alessandro,

I'm looking forward to this great tool and I hope (like all the others here) that you will release it soon (in the closest meaning of this word).

Maybe you remember that I've requested a British Guardian Bear fur Hat, as you'ved released "Ursus Arctos" and I was totally impresed from the realistic fur (which was a sensation at the time of the release, that was unfortunately not as appreciated as it deserved it.

Could i now just add a simple geometric cylinder on M5's hat and add your "hair" to this cylinder to create this kind of Guard Hat????

Hi Spanky, I remember about that Bear fur hat: that would be very easy to accomplish. As you suggested, I added a simple cylindric shape, made the guide hair, used the spherize effect and done. Maybe a little combing or frizz effects would produce a better shape, but you get the idea... it's possible to fur any kind of object...

About the hat again, I had your message saved in the PM box here, and by mistake I deleted all the content and could not remember your nickname, so I could not come back to you. Sorry about that.

hat3.jpg
    800 x 674 - 191K
    hat2.jpg
    800 x 674 - 128K
    hat1.jpg
    800 x 674 - 99K
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

I've been trying to look at the capabilities and I think you mentioned something about a feature that would allow you to draw the ends of the hairs together to form spiky hair or taper it like wet fur or hair is tapered together.

think it was on the old forum but is there a way you could demonstrate that?

edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    I've been trying to look at the capabilities and I think you mentioned something about a feature that would allow you to draw the ends of the hairs together to form spiky hair or taper it like wet fur or hair is tapered together.

think it was on the old forum but is there a way you could demonstrate that?

That feature you probably refer to as "clumping" has been removed as is no longer possible to manually edit full hair. I have another solution under development to achieve the same effect, but nothing to show yet. Sorry.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Any ideas on when Yet? 6 months? 4 months... less. I'm gonna be happy no matter when, I'm just really wanting this.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Any ideas on when Yet? 6 months? 4 months... less. I'm gonna be happy no matter when, I'm just really wanting this.

The plugin is basically ready, meaning that all the features in beta 1.3 (yet to be delivered to testers) are operative and working reasonably well.
    With the beta test team we need to address eventual bugs and issues, and test it well enough until it can be declared stable.
    Also, I'd like to see testers achieve enough practice with it and see some nice models and images produced with the plugin.

Can't say anything precise, but I believe at most in two months it should be finally ready. Of course even earlier if testing will run faster than expected.

edited December 1969

JUST IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS! :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

FANTASTIC!! I hope it all goes well with no hic ups.

• ColdrakeColdrake Posts: 236
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:

Yup, we can have hairy presents, hairy ornaments, hairy milk, hairy cookies, hairy stockings, hairy turkey, hairy gravy, hairy relatives, hairy reindeer, hairy brussel sprouts, hairy trees, hairy snow, hairy fruitcake, the possibilities are endless! Hairy lutefisk, hairy plum pudding......

Coldrake

edited December 1969

Coldrake said:
    RKane_1 said:

Yup, we can have hairy presents, hairy ornaments, hairy milk, hairy cookies, hairy stockings, hairy turkey, hairy gravy, hairy relatives, hairy reindeer, hairy brussel sprouts, hairy trees, hairy snow, hairy fruitcake, the possibilities are endless! Hairy lutefisk, hairy plum pudding......

Coldrake

AND A HAIRY PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR TREE!!!!! :)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

and I thought *I* was into fur. :P

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    Coldrake said:
    RKane_1 said:

Coldrake

Shouldn't that be AND A HAIRY PARTRIDGE IN A HAIR TREE!!!!!

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,742
    edited December 1969

Coldrake said:

Coldrake

Not to mention Hairy Potter Meets the Sugar Plum Hairy for a Very Hairy Christmas.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,946
    edited December 1969

Eeeerrrkkkkk ....aaccckkkc, I think I just choked on all the Hairy thoughts going on here!!

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,742
    edited December 1969

carrie58 said:
    Eeeerrrkkkkk ....aaccckkkc, I think I just choked on all the Hairy thoughts going on here!!

Probably just a hairball. :coolgrin:
  • BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,200
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    Coldrake said:
    RKane_1 said:

Coldrake

What a coincidence - I'm also a big fan of Harry Partridge: http://www.youtube.com/user/harrypartridge?feature=results_main

OK, I'm just...sorry, my brain made that connection and I couldn't stop myself from typing it >.<</p>

edited December 1969

Anything new to share, Allesandro?

We wait with breathless anticipation.

Any new renders?

edited December 1969

No renders at this time, sorry. What I can offer, if you like, it's the current revision of the manual. Maybe even more interesting than a render, since it shows how the whole plugin works.

• Jim_1831252Jim_1831252 Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

This looks fantastic. Looking forward to more developments :)

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

Oh, yes! Manual sounds goooood!!!

edited September 2012

Here comes current manual revision. It will be changed many times from here to the end, so you might want to check out this thread for newest versions as they are available.

Manual for 1.03B: http://www.alessandromastronardi.com/LAMH/LAMH_manual.zip

AAs you'll see 3D painted density maps will be there since the initial release (I initially planned it to add those in later upgrades).

Edited: wrong link, sorry.

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for access to the manual as it is now... My question is about the final export. You mention "OBJ groups" if your very happy with this model and want to export it as an OBJ to perhaps take into ZBrush to add in flow morphs or what ever is there a way to export it as one whole OBJ? I realize some folks will be making furry humans and what not but I'm thinking strictly everyday human hair styles right now.

edited September 2012

Hi Richard, it will export 1 .obj (and one companion texture) for each shave group.
    Reason for it is that each shave group can have different properties from the others (hair widths, colors, texture and density maps etc.).
    However, in most cases there won't be necessity for having multiple shave groups either.

PS: shave groups should not be confused with the model groups. Meaning that it's not that you'll get one .obj for each model group (head, neck,torso,hip,legs etc.)...

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
    edited December 1969

I THINK I understand. Thanks Alex! :-)

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    I THINK I understand. Thanks Alex! :-)

Richard, sorry I know it's my cranky english: beiieve me it's hard sometimes to explain even simple things.

I'll make an example. Say you want to style some hair and beard. You can do it using only one shave group, and voilà, export it as a unique .obj.
    But what if you'd like the beard, for example, have different hair widths than the hair, or use a different density map, shader etc.? Well, then you need to create a second shave group, and that will imply that upon exporting, you'll have 2 obj's, one for the the first shave group (hair), one for the second (the beard).
    Anyway if you like to use those ZBrush, you can easily append as many .obj's as you like in the same ZB subtool...

edited December 1969

OK.. gotcha. So a hair prop would be one and the beard would be another and then a mustache would be another and side burns another since they would all have various lengths. Yes, on the right track? No, I'm an idiot and need a spanking?? :P

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    OK.. gotcha. So a hair prop would be one and the beard would be another and then a mustache would be another and side burns another since they would all have various lengths. Yes, on the right track? No, I'm an idiot and need a spanking?? :P

Almost. You mentioned "various lengths" but it should be "various widths". However, if you don't care much about assigning different properties for each type of hair used, also one single group (and later prop) may be created.

edited December 1969

Hmmm, OK... still need to understand what's meant by "widths" in relation to the hair. Each hair strand has a length that it's "cut" too but there is a width to each strand or ??

edited December 1969

Yes, besides the length that you can cut as you will, a shave group has a certain number of properties. 3 of these are:

- hair root width
    - hair tip width
    - hair width random variance

This means that you may create a shave group with thick hair (maybe for a beard), and if you like an additional shave group with thin hair to use for the eyebrowse or else.

It's really simple to understand when you get to play with it.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,402
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

Your last comment has me thinking of the Castle Anthrax scene from Monty Python & the Holy Grail...

But seriously, I think this product may have me doing a lot of head-scratching when it comes out; but I'm sure it'll be worth it. Sure wish it would be this easy to get hair in the real world. :ohh:

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
    edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    ..t. Sure wish it would be this easy to get hair in the real world...

Hair + RL Plugin Module :)

This discussion has been closed.