Look at my Hair: official thread [Commercial] RELEASED!

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

Oh my good god ...

I may just have to go get a passport just so I can camp outside your residence so I can brandish a placard emblazoned with something witty and cutting about hair ... and SOON! :)

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,860
    edited December 1969

When can I give you my money and how much can i give you?

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,742
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

He's being irritating and giving us really fuzzy answers.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,946
    edited December 1969

Naaa that just a lack of hair conditioner that's why AA is fuzzy on the price.And really how could he give us a price when he's still working on it.
    Patience lots of patience

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

3D painting is obviously working on each model, regardless it being a figure, a prop, a Studio primitive, an imported .obj...

And what if we could use it not only to define density/cut maps, but also to define hair colors, length and other properties.
    Mmmmhhhhh... sexy...

You mean one map for each property? It would make things pretty easy as you could pinpoint with great accuracy what the fur, errr, I meant, the hair would look like.

• SyndarylSyndaryl Posts: 521
    edited December 1969

Hmmm. On the subject of fur, mapping, and I can't remember if I've asked these two questions before:

Some fur is multicolour right down at the hair level - one hair might start off blonde at the tip and darken up the shaft (or vice versa). Heck people's hair can do that, and without hair dye either - sun can bleach the tips. Australian aboriginal hair is particularly prone to it, it's very distinctive.
    And of course some animal hairs are banded - alternating dark light dark light dark light. Banding combined with the correct length gives very distinct fur patterns.

Can we do that in V1?

The other question: overlapping hair zones - can we have two different kinds of hair occupying the same mesh? Soft fluffy light-coloured undercoat vs long stiff dark guard-hairs for example. Most mammals have dual layer fur like this, although there are variations.

edited December 1969

I think you could apply two instances of hair with one long stiff vs a thick shorter undercoat. If it's used as Renderman splines, then it will load easily. It's a bit different if you convert to OBJ's...

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

I do remember when Alex was at 'Rosity' he mentioned that you can shade the tip and root differently iirc...

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited December 1969

Finally found this thread! =) Watching again with great interest.

• gingercakes47gingercakes47 Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

Take all my paycheck for all your projects. :D

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

3D painting is obviously working on each model, regardless it being a figure, a prop, a Studio primitive, an imported .obj...

And what if we could use it not only to define density/cut maps, but also to define hair colors, length and other properties.
    Mmmmhhhhh... sexy...

You mean one map for each property?

Exactly. Even if in V1 I'll probably code only density/cut maps.

edited December 1969

Syndaryl said:
    Hmmm. On the subject of fur, mapping, and I can't remember if I've asked these two questions before:

Some fur is multicolour right down at the hair level - one hair might start off blonde at the tip and darken up the shaft (or vice versa). Heck people's hair can do that, and without hair dye either - sun can bleach the tips. Australian aboriginal hair is particularly prone to it, it's very distinctive.
    And of course some animal hairs are banded - alternating dark light dark light dark light. Banding combined with the correct length gives very distinct fur patterns.

Can we do that in V1?

The other question: overlapping hair zones - can we have two different kinds of hair occupying the same mesh? Soft fluffy light-coloured undercoat vs long stiff dark guard-hairs for example. Most mammals have dual layer fur like this, although there are variations.

You can set a global root and tip color. So, if your hair have red roots and green tips, the hair strand color will smoothly interpolate through those. There is no shader (but could do that sometime) that allows to alternate multiple colors on a single hair. Even if I don't see this as a top priority.
    You can indeed have overlapping hair zones. You can create more shave groups on the same follicle area, and have each of those groups use different properties, shape and colors.

• foleyprofoleypro Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

Cant wait...

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

SUPER BIG QUESTION!!! What does the release of DS4.5Pro FULL do to this plugin? Are we now in limbo until it gets updated or do we roll back to DS4Pro if we want it?

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    SUPER BIG QUESTION!!! What does the release of DS4.5Pro FULL do to this plugin? Are we now in limbo until it gets updated or do we roll back to DS4Pro if we want it?

The current beta is actually being built on 4.5 final SDK.

edited December 1969

Studio 4.5 Pro just went live so the SDK should follow soonish from what I was able to read from Rob.

edited December 1969

Looks like the SDK is live already: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/daz-studio-4-5-sdk

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

The current beta is actually being built on 4.5 final SDK.Awesome.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Looks like the SDK is live already: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/daz-studio-4-5-sdk

yep

edited December 1969

Roll up yer sleeves, matey's and get to work!! Paolo, Waldemar and you, Alessandro!! :lol: Arrrr!!! ;-)

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

Irritating? How come? :-/

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,742
    edited December 1969

:

Mattymanx said:

Because those loose bits of hair make us itch. We're not criticizing your style, we just want you to make some short cuts and shave some time off the delivery of your hair, that's all. :cheese:

(sorry if those puns sounded a bit cutting.)

edited December 1969

:
    Mattymanx said:

Because those loose bits of hair make us itch. We're not criticizing your style, we just want you to make some short cuts and shave some time off the delivery of your hair, that's all. :cheese:

(sorry if those puns sounded a bit cutting.)

Ok, me and the testers are trying to cut time at fever pace. Nonetheless still some work to do :)

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,946
    edited December 1969

Well it's been awhile since I heard anything about LAMH .........I figured I'd poke the thread and see if it moves ........Hey AA you and the testers okay??? Stuck in a hairball???Tied up in hair knots??? Hello .....need scissors???

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited August 2012

... okaaaaaaaaay.

shut-up-and-take-my-money1.jpg
    500 x 313 - 113K
    Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • UVDanUVDan Posts: 112
    edited December 1969

This looks very cool. A great addition to DS!

edited December 1969

Patience guys, patience. All looking good :)

• ColdrakeColdrake Posts: 236
    edited December 1969

Glad to hear it! I'm grabbing this as soon as it hits the store!

Coldrake

edited December 1969

Coldrake said:

Glad to hear it! I'm grabbing this as soon as it hits the store!

Coldrake

Thanks! :)

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

Hi Alessandro,

I'm looking forward to this great tool and I hope (like all the others here) that you will release it soon (in the closest meaning of this word).

Maybe you remember that I've requested a British Guardian Bear fur Hat, as you'ved released "Ursus Arctos" and I was totally impresed from the realistic fur (which was a sensation at the time of the release, that was unfortunately not as appreciated as it deserved it.

Could i now just add a simple geometric cylinder on M5's hat and add your "hair" to this cylinder to create this kind of Guard Hat????

bear_hats_stells.jpg
    543 x 291 - 53K
This discussion has been closed.