Eden’s Flame - Out now & Contest Added [commercial]

Comments

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Very cool - you should totally post it to my other thread, when you get a chance. Id love to see it!

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8146/

(just because Im not giving proper attention to this thread, coz of my newest release lol but if u guys want to post renders of any of my stuff, you can do that in my new release thread too)

Hey Ignis,
    Are you planning any Dragon themed items in the (near) future? They're kinda Serpentine :-) Especially the Eastern Dragon. For some reason he never got any love. Ya know, I bet some "Spirited Away" kind of dragon stuff might sell well. I know that Alexa and I would buy some E Dragon stuff. For instance, I made the SubDragon Hairs mustache match the E Dragon, but some E Dragon fitted mustaches, and armor, and tack, and ...

Just some ideas.

Kendall

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,578
    edited December 1969

I could not resist this thread, or the outfit.
    They were both simply too powerful.

• IgnisSerpentusIgnisSerpentus Posts: 2,474
    edited December 1969

Good morning guys!

@ Kendall - well, I dunno how much ED stuff Ill be doing in the future. These days, more often than not, I prefer to kind of make my own figures. And yah.... I do have *something* along those lines planned. Well, not an eastern dragon, but, something. But its like everything.... depends on when I will actually get to it lol Ive got a very long list of projects that could keep me going for 5 yrs or longer. And it gets added to constantly.

Ippotamus -- Awww ty!!! I hope you have fun with them! Pop back in when u can and show us what you do with it :)

• HeraHera Posts: 1,950
    edited December 1969

Can one hope to get this one for Genesis :)

edited September 2012

Herakleia said:

Well I am thinking of doing a conversion. I am honestly not sure when I will get to it however. I started working on a new set, so my attn is pretty diverted to that atm. I really need to clone myself LOL I would get soooooo much accomplished then!

But I will say folks have had absolutely beautiful results converting this version to Genesis. Especially if when converting the boots, you use no template (as Ive been told using the boots template, will cause the icky crunching to occur) Everything else converts pretty straightforwardly (as I did a test run in the other thread) I used hair as the template for the hat, bodysuit for the choker and eyescope, and shirt for shirt, pants for pants.

Post edited by IgnisSerpentus on
  • HeraHera Posts: 1,950
    edited December 1969

Herakleia said:

Well I am thinking of doing a conversion. I am honestly not sure when I will get to it however. I started working on a new set, so my attn is pretty diverted to that atm. I really need to clone myself LOL I would get soooooo much accomplished then!

I understand well that sentiment of wanting to move on with new things, I'm just the same. And I have the conversion plugin as well, but one can always hope :)

edited December 1969

Herakleia said:
    Herakleia said:

I understand well that sentiment of wanting to move on with new things, I'm just the same. And I have the conversion plugin as well, but one can always hope :)

Well I am playing with the boots. And yah, I still get the crunchy results. So Im trying an alternate route, to see if I can get something better. If I can, I will post the results for the DS/Genesis peoples

edited December 1969

Ok I played around... and yah, using the auto-fit conversion, there is just no way its going to be perfect. I played with the weight maps and everything. The problem lies in the fact the default boot is not fitted to Genesis (but V4 instead, whose stance and foot size is quite a bit different) so the crunching occurs.

Best option here is for me to do a full conversion of it.

yuck.jpg
    500 x 650 - 75K
    edited September 2012

Oh there was one more thing I forgot....

The gun.

Eden's Flame originally had a Steampunk Blunderbuss to it (with a special FX layer on it, to make it shoot fire - hence the name Eden's Flame) It was intended to have this as well as poses for it. However, I dropped it in the end, because I had such little time to get this done for the PA sale.

I am considering releasing it as a freebie, however. Unfortunately, I don't have time to texture it atm......

So I like to do fun stuff. I propose this.... what I am thinking is a group effort from interested parties.... to create diff textures for it... some special FX, maybe some poses. Whatever floats your fancy. I can even set up a page on my site, giving full credit (as well as hosting) to those who create add-ons for it. ALL the add-ons for it will be added to this page.

What do you guys think??? Who wants to give it a go?

To sweeten the pot, I also propose a contest. The coolest textures for it, get to be saved as default for the prop itself (with credit going to myself for the gun, and who wins for their textures) to be passed out as the main freebie. The Main freebie will be hosted on my own personal store (with a link there to the addon page, displaying all the community addons) again, with full credit.

Rules:
    There is only one obvious rule - all content add-ons must be original, and 100% legal to use (by that, I mean resources must be legal, no using photos found on google that may not be ok to use, no idea thieving and whatnot) Even though its not commercial, I am a very by the book kinna person.

You can grab the blunderbuss here:

http://www.damageinc3d.net/Freebies/DIBlunderbuss.zip

Gun.png
    1954 x 564 - 359K
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Salem2007 said:
    Miss B said:
    Salem2007 said:
    I really like this set. I appreciate the hat morphs that help me fit it over hair--thanks!

She included morphs for that? Geeze, why do I always do things the hard way. ~shakes head~

Ha! The morphs may not have been intended for fitting over hair, but that's what I used them for! I can't work magnets well....
    No they were lol and it has adjustments that will help with it even more. My biggest reason to make sure they were there, is that I hate it when I cant fit hair under something like that lol
    Well now at least I know for next time. ;-)
  • WhiteMystWhiteMyst Posts: 212
    edited December 1969

Wow That is a cool Blunderbuss Iggy. I wish I could texture worth a darn, but I can't lol. I'll just sit here by the sidelines and watch all the fun stuff people create.

edited December 1969

Yeah, I really loved the gun... broke my heart having to drop it. But you know, sometimes things happen for a reason. I would love to see what ppl can do with it.... give them a chance to spread their 3D creator wings a little, and have some fun with it. It would definitely be different (to my usual contests and such)

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

I want the gun! I debated a dozen times adding a blunderbuss to the scene, but finally decided she wasn't really the Jayne type :P

So, here we have Victoria the IV wearing Eden's Flame Outfit and wandering around outside The Control Room.

Texture is Surreality's Modern Muses Epiphany.

(cross posted with The Control Room)

Yeah, I really loved the gun... broke my heart having to drop it. But you know, sometimes things happen for a reason. I would love to see what ppl can do with it.... give them a chance to spread their 3D creator wings a little, and have some fun with it. It would definitely be different (to my usual contests and such)
    Flame.jpg
    1296 x 1728 - 488K
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Ok I played around... and yah, using the auto-fit conversion, there is just no way its going to be perfect. I played with the weight maps and everything. The problem lies in the fact the default boot is not fitted to Genesis (but V4 instead, whose stance and foot size is quite a bit different) so the crunching occurs.

Best option here is for me to do a full conversion of it.

I would be happy to pay for the boots as a single item...everything else works quite well with autofit. It would be great if you could do a conversion for the boots...

Cool gun...

edited September 2012

Satira.... love the image and the POV! And yah, its pretty awesome it worked so well with Ann and Frank's set. It wasnt intended... but it was one of those happy accident type things.

And ty all for the compliments on the gun.

Re: the boots... I knew I was forgetting something lol Well, funny enuff, this was originally only the boots. I ended up modelling the clothes after them, to complete the pack (coz I thought the boots alone was too small of a pack... at the time I guess I wanted something beefier) It sort of turned Steampunk from there. I dunno if I will convert it alone, or as a full set. Still unsure with the time atm, coz I have another I just started (which I am aiming at Nov as a release... the PA sale being moved sort of messes up christmas finances a little, so figured Id have a new one then)

• Lee AlversonLee Alverson Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Heck yeah!

• ravynd_d8ea201783ravynd_d8ea201783 Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

Got all my chores done and had a chance to play :)

Waiting for the World to end

waiting-final-1d.jpg
    756 x 756 - 148K
    edited December 1969

Oh that image is just GORGEOUS! Love the color tones (all the rust with just a hint of slate) So pretty!

Lee: Do you mean heck ya regarding the gun? lol

• ravynd_d8ea201783ravynd_d8ea201783 Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

Thankies :) Really glad you like it :)

Probably worth mentioning that the feathers in the hatband aren't included in the pack :)

edited December 1969

Ravyn said:
    Thankies :) Really glad you like it :)

Probably worth mentioning that the feathers in the hatband aren't included in the pack :)

I love that addition as well. When I did the Alice in Wonderland ripoff, I almost added a little card that had the 10/6 on it. But I ended up just not doing it lol Thats the cool thing tho... you could totally add little gears to the hat.... or a clock.... feathers and whatnot, to make it even more ornate. I was originally going to release all the gears I used for the set, as part of it, to be used on whatever. I may still eventually... we'll see.

edited December 1969

Iggy I decided to go ahead and try texturing the blunderbuss, I figure I can't learn if I don't at least give it a try.

edited September 2012

WhiteMyst said:
    Iggy I decided to go ahead and try texturing the blunderbuss, I figure I can't learn if I don't at least give it a try.

Well, I like your spirit. A girl after my own heart lol When I first started.... well..... I was pretty terrible at this stuff. But I kept at it, and never gave up. Its why when ppl tell me Im talented I tell them that talent has nothing to do with it. Everything I can do now came from hard work and never giving up. Everyone has to start somewhere. So in that respect, theres no such thing as failure. Every step we take is a part of the process.

I think Ill prolly try to set up the gun at some point today as a prop. It wont have hand parents, initially (maybe if someone wants to attempt that, they could.... but I will warn you, its tricky to work with coz of the special fx layer, which makes the center point have a very wide rotational radius, which I will attempt to tweak again - but previous attempts went badly, so no promises) otherwise, Ill have to do em later... but that shouldn't impede anyone from texturing it and whatnot.

• CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

Oh there was one more thing I forgot....

The gun.

Eden's Flame originally had a Steampunk Blunderbuss to it (with a special FX layer on it, to make it shoot fire - hence the name Eden's Flame) It was intended to have this as well as poses for it. However, I dropped it in the end, because I had such little time to get this done for the PA sale.

I am considering releasing it as a freebie, however. Unfortunately, I don't have time to texture it atm......

So I like to do fun stuff. I propose this.... what I am thinking is a group effort from interested parties.... to create diff textures for it... some special FX, maybe some poses. Whatever floats your fancy. I can even set up a page on my site, giving full credit (as well as hosting) to those who create add-ons for it. ALL the add-ons for it will be added to this page.

What do you guys think??? Who wants to give it a go?

To sweeten the pot, I also propose a contest. The coolest textures for it, get to be saved as default for the prop itself (with credit going to myself for the gun, and who wins for their textures) to be passed out as the main freebie. The Main freebie will be hosted on my own personal store (with a link there to the addon page, displaying all the community addons) again, with full credit.

Rules:
    There is only one obvious rule - all content add-ons must be original, and 100% legal to use (by that, I mean resources must be legal, no using photos found on google that may not be ok to use, no idea thieving and whatnot) Even though its not commercial, I am a very by the book kinna person.

If there is interest, I will zip it up and send it out. I will also import it into poser and set it up as a rudimentary prop file (without parents, for now)

Hmm.....never tried texturing a gun prop before, but I'd love to have a go! (I create commercial character packs and have textured clothing in the past) :) Wonderful-looking blunderbuss, by the way. ^o^

edited December 1969

Hey guys! Sorry I am late to the party! Sundays are a drag lol

I haven't gotten the gun set up, but I am sure I will get to it today. I am excited to see what everyone does with it!

edited September 2012

Okies guys, I got it all setup. See... that was pretty quick, right? lol I also managed to change the center point. Im not sure if it will keep, when I do parent the props (Ive never really messed with joints on props much, to know every scenario) but it shouldn't matter, in theory.

You can grab the blunderbuss here:

http://www.damageinc3d.net/Freebies/DIBlunderbuss.zip

edited December 1969

Snagged it, will see what I can come up with! :)

• CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

Just downloaded it - hope I can come up with some good textures! Thank you! :)

edited December 1969

awesome!!! I hope you guys have fun with it,

edited December 1969

Hey guys.... just swinging by to let you know, this is your last chance to grab this at 50% (if u haven't already) Catchup sale is on!

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Kalypso said:
    Loving it! And besides the Steampunk look all the parts can be used for lots of other themes as well. I'm kitbashing my next render but just thought I'd show off these two here :)

That lighting in the 2nd one is just amazing is that a light set or did you make it yourself?