ARTCollab Store Sale and The Control Room and Mini Contest [COMMERCIAL]

Comments

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,814
    edited September 2012

Totte said:
    Keep it up, now we need the clothing department to make a Genesis versions of Privateer M3 & Hardcore m3/M4 (I use them on Genesis a lot in my FireFly inspired renders, for my adventures for the now dead but still moving Roleplaying game Serenity.

I used Hardcore in my first render for my promos...prolley the only outfit that really fits the general feel though I couldnt get the coat to work out in the chair :( Maybe just me having a bad day LOL

OK so now everybody sing the firefly theme song!

"The Ballad of Serenity", written by Joss Whedon and performed by Sonny Rhodes for the TV Show Firefly

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Ok, all set with DS4.5beta, got the control deck installed, all materials tweaked and set in Reality ... demo LuxRender image going ...

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited September 2012

Another couple renders I did a little bit ago (These renders as well as 2 of the renders above also Feature Eden's Flame by Barb - IgnisSerpentus..you can find her thread here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8146/)

Hope you like The Control Room and can't wait to see what you come up with!

Awesome! Any plans on making more of this kind of stuff like Hallways, Rec room, Captains Cabin, crew quarters, Engineering Room, etc.?

Post edited by Knight22179 on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,497
    edited December 1969

Gaah! Goosebumps again Ann!

I even made a different lyrics for my adventure (which the Captain there used to sing at the campfire). He named his ship Promised Land after the war, only one short verse though (they one people remembered him by).

I don't know when, I don't know where,
    all I need is a bed to share.
    But I promise I will take her hand,
    as soon as I find my Promised Land.

And the render came out good enough this time (a little dark edges though)

Colonel Schwachkopf of the IAV Hanover is making a flying inspection
    Cows? What cows sir? I have no idea what you are talking about.

whatcow.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 215K
    edited December 1969

Another couple renders I did a little bit ago (These renders as well as 2 of the renders above also Feature Eden's Flame by Barb - IgnisSerpentus..you can find her thread here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8146/)

Hope you like The Control Room and can't wait to see what you come up with!

Awesome! Any plans on making more of this kind of stuff like Hallways, Rec room, Captains Cabin, crew quarters, etc.?

Yep...gave a small list of what we were thinking of on the previous page if you wanna take a peek as well as what could possibly hold us up from releasing more and why etc :) We love the theme though so I am really hopeful we will do more. Thinking it's more a matter of how time permits it and finances but this has been a wonderful theme to work on :)

Oh OT I should mention in my renders on the first page, along with Ignis' Eden's Flame, I also rendered Alisha, Abby, and Troy by us :)

Also show in them:

LOTS of hair by 3Dream and Mairy
    Luthbel's Asesina for V4/A4
    Bobbie25's Steam Cowboy (whoops Totte it was this not Hardcore I ended up using LOL I was confused LOL)
    AntFarm's Zorn (Which I totally LOVED BTW! He was a total dream to render :))

edited September 2012

Totte said:

HAHAHA Love the caption and the song addition :) (and of course the wonderful image!!!)

PS PM me for a little prezzie ;) You win the "First Render" award :)

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Now if you just come up with a living quarters with the same feel I'd feel more or less complete!

On the list of ones we would like to do to go with this (as long as it seems people still want the stuff) are:

The Living Quarters
    Engine Room
    Medical Lab
    And possibly a couple others as well

But that is all dependent on whether or not people seem to be buying the stuff. These sets take the two of us (me and my husband) a good couple months or some pretty long days so as long as sales dictate that we can take that sort of time on them we will probably keep going with it :) We enjoy the theme a ton but don't want to get to a point where we are kinda rushing them to offset losses due to how much time they take (if that makes sense) :) It's kinda do the best we can on something or don't do it at all.

I, for one, would buy all of them if you made all of what's on the list. ;)

edited December 1969

Totte said:

HAHAHA Love the caption and the song addition :) (and of course the wonderful image!!!)

PS PM me for a little prezzie ;) You win the "First Render" award :)

;-) did you spot the calf?

edited December 1969

Totte said:

OMG no I didnt till you just pointed out there was one LOL HAHAHA

PS check your PMs again :) (you "should" have one from me LOL)

edited December 1969

Totte said:

Actually there are two but one hides in the dark ;-)

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 359
    edited December 1969

artistb3 said:
    Perhaps if it had a "new and shiny" as well as an "old and rusty"...

We decided on starting with the rusty look as it was something that hadn't been done (or not often anyway) that we had seen..or at least not to this extent. Most of the sci fi stuff was more shiney new ships so we decided to go for a more worn down, old ship look instead so we didn't kinda run into what had been done all ready :)

That being said, that may be coming in the future as an add on for all the sets (a newer shinier version) though I cant promise it but we have discussed it. Before doing that though we wanted to finish all the rooms we wanted to have so if we did a newer texture version for it they would all match etc as these sets do :) We have some more rooms in mind...a couple that should be quite challenging...though it will just depend on how the ones we have done do and whether people want anymore. We don't wanna tire everyone out on it. On the other hand we have been really enjoying doing these :) We didn't realize how much we would enjoy Sci Fi (or that we could even do it at all) till DAZ asked us to do The Loading Dock..since then it's been all downhill as they say. :)

Aha! I thought sci-fi seemed slightly out of genre for you (though you do it so well!). I for one am loving the set; I'm working on a render featuring all my new goodies today, including this. :)

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

[(actually I am a huge fan of pretty much anything Joss Whedon touches)

that's because Joss Whedon is like king Midas, only with awesome instead of gold ;)

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

On the list of ones we would like to do to go with this (as long as it seems people still want the stuff) are:

The Living Quarters
    Engine Room
    Medical Lab
    And possibly a couple others as well

But that is all dependent on whether or not people seem to be buying the stuff. These sets take the two of us (me and my husband) a good couple months or some pretty long days so as long as sales dictate that we can take that sort of time on them we will probably keep going with it :) We enjoy the theme a ton but don't want to get to a point where we are kinda rushing them to offset losses due to how much time they take (if that makes sense) :) It's kinda do the best we can on something or don't do it at all.

Ohhhhh, Living Quarters. I'm game. :) I'm sure the Engine Room and Medical Lab would be cool too, but Living Quarters . . . if you're going to do another one, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease do that one first. ~bats eyelashes coquetishly~
  • tiggerspringstiggersprings Posts: 304
    edited December 1969

Here's my render of lovely ART-Collab Alisha (times two) in the control room. I added a couple lights to the scene in Poser Pro 2012 and did a tiny bit of postwork too adjust contrast, brightness, yadda yadda... I didn't want it too bright because I like the gritty sort of look this control room set has.

Alisha-Seeing-Double4E-PW--TS.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 85K
  • JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,872
    edited December 1969

Wow!! This looks AWESOME! :) Perfect to complete the set! Can't wait to see all the cool renders now!!! :)

• KalypsoKalypso Posts: 208
    edited December 1969

Awesome renders! I love all the details and depth of this set. Amazing work you guys, thank you!

control_room.jpg
    655 x 784 - 346K
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Totte said:

I saw both...one way back in the right corner kinda hiding behind the one station and then one off to the left :) I spotted both just didnt plural it LOL :) Too too funny though :) Always with the cows hehe :) I love that episode though. Funny enough when we started to work on this we re-watched the series just to kinda get the vibe of it back again to do this and when that episode came on we were talking about your render of the Dock LOL I said see hubby this was the scene and he missed it and I had to rewind to point it out LOL :)

edited September 2012

Totte said:
    Totte said:

I saw both...one way back in the right corner kinda hiding behind the one station and then one off to the left :) I spotted both just didnt plural it LOL :) Too too funny though :) Always with the cows hehe :) I love that episode though. Funny enough when we started to work on this we re-watched the series just to kinda get the vibe of it back again to do this and when that episode came on we were talking about your render of the Dock LOL I said see hubby this was the scene and he missed it and I had to rewind to point it out LOL :)

LOL, I will forever be Mr Cow ;-)

Edit:

Btw, I used that cow picture in my adventure when they took the Ming Cattle run to make some gold, and then a little rat that came with the hay decided to chew on an electric cable, but they didn't have to toss that many cows over board before the fire was taken care off.

Post edited by Totte on
    edited December 1969

Zaarin said:

Aha! I thought sci-fi seemed slightly out of genre for you (though you do it so well!). I for one am loving the set; I'm working on a render featuring all my new goodies today, including this. :)

Very much so...DAZ kinda pushed and encouraged us to go this direction and try to do the Loading Dock (I owe them a big debt of gratitude for the nudge LOL) and we said um ok we'll um try? (We do like fairies and real world stuff etc LOL so was a stretch) but they said something worn and instantly I thought of Firefly and I said ooooooooo hehe and well it just kinda went fairly naturally from there though all along the way DAZ gave us really great advice and helped us kinda get into a different train of thought which really made doing something this different really comfortable :).

Hubby gets a good portion of the credit though for the final outcomes. Most of all 3 sets is his actual work on creating that vision of the general feeling and me over his shoulder going...ooo I want this...ooo I want that LOOOL. I did the monitors in the Dock and this set and the chair and rigging and morphs (the little extra touches basically) etc but the majority is all him or me saying WAAAAH gimme this! HEHE :) But yeah if DAZ hadn't said well hey give it a shot, we may not have tried it and Im glad we did cuz we really have enjoyed working on this and it kinda showed us we could do more then I think either of us kinda thought we could do :)

edited December 1969

Kalypso said:
    Awesome renders! I love all the details and depth of this set. Amazing work you guys, thank you!

Really amazing render Kalypso :) I always love your coloring in your renders...you always get such a clean vibrant look to them :) I was just admiring the one you did of Barbs outfit...really captivating :)

edited December 1969

Thank you Ann :) It's not hard when you have such great textures with which to work. All that detail really shows. I've got another in the works with a more Firefly feel to it and more figures so it's taking longer to set up. I also want to try IDL with the screens and see if I can light it like that.

It's good to try new things. I mean Twinkle is my favourite fairy but your scifi sets are top notch - who says you can't do it all? :)

edited December 1969

Kalypso said:
    Thank you Ann :) It's not hard when you have such great textures with which to work. All that detail really shows. I've got another in the works with a more Firefly feel to it and more figures so it's taking longer to set up. I also want to try IDL with the screens and see if I can light it like that.

It's good to try new things. I mean Twinkle is my favourite fairy but your scifi sets are top notch - who says you can't do it all? :)

The included lights will further light the screens as will the translucency on them...that said IDL doesnt tend to do much in the way of brightening them. All my renders were done with the lights in the set though :)

edited December 1969

Well actually I meant using the screens as light emitting objects and maybe a few point lights to give that glow to the areas around them like in this image: http://forum.runtimedna.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=60893&d=1316786047
    I can still use any one of your light sets but just set up the screens to give off light too - at least that's my plan :)

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 359
    edited September 2012

"Partners in Crime" (as seen in Iggy's thread :P)

EDIT: Only without the image, apparently. ^_^

Partners_in_Crime_postwork.jpg
    1200 x 1500 - 392K
    Post edited by Zaarin on
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

@Kalypso - That is a great render. I love everything about it. :-)

@Zaarin - Love yours too. ;-)

edited December 1969

Ha ha! Mine is an evil laugh!

wash-playing.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 108K
    edited December 1969

HAHAHA know that reference too,,,you know someone asked me if we were gonna do like a little prop addon with that stuff LOL

Zaarin: Love the image! Commented on it over at deviant art :) Beautiful job on it :)

edited December 1969

PS don't forget the rest of our store is on sale as well :) so you can pick up some of those packs you haven't had the chance to at 50% Off :)

Below is our Twinkle for A4 pack :)

WinterFaerie.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 1M
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Was just about to post this but realised some 'naughty bits' were on show ... http://fav.me/d5fk6us

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,872
    edited September 2012

PS don't forget the rest of our store is on sale as well :) so you can pick up some of those packs you haven't had the chance to at 50% Off :)

Below is our Twinkle for A4 pack :)

I just have to pop in and mention how much I LOVE Twinkle!! :) She is definitely one of my most favorite characters for V4. Seriously... I LOVE HER!!! I love her so much I even made a freebie for her!! :

http://www.art-collabstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=175

DP01.jpg
    400 x 400 - 209K
    Post edited by JasmineSkunk on