ARTCollab Store Sale and The Control Room and Mini Contest [COMMERCIAL]

DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,814
edited September 2012 in The Commons

We've started a mini contest:

For all those who have bought the Control Room and would like to win some other ARTCollab items and our looking for some fun/interesting ideas for a render or just wanna try something a little different:
(For those that didn't get the Control Room I will be doing some others so be sure to check back!)

We would love to see some renders of the following:

Guy killed at one of the stations (Sitting hunched over at the station kinda thing)
Battle Scene utilizing the environment
Render from an unexpected camera angle (Always love to see these)
Someone hiding in the control room
Aliens have taken over (Render of Alien beings using or taking control of the ship)

The first people to render an image and post it on the topics above will win a prize :)

HAPPY RENDERING!!!!!

So today is our sale day (as well as Barb -Ignis, Elli's, and KittysTavern's)

Our new release is another part to our ship interior we have been working on :)

The Control Room has lots and lots of added features but here is just a few:

Poser and DS Specific Mats optimized to each application to get the most out of the set no matter which app you use (Mats will work in Poser 7 and up and DS3 and up though in Poser you may get the "newer version then expected warnings on some things).
Preset Cameras and Lights to make setting up scenes easier.
Modularity for those with smaller system or graphics cards so you can only load what you want to use most.
Certain buttons on every desk are able to be pushed or flipped for animation purposes as well as the buttons on the Yoke and Chairs.
Chairs, Monitor Stand, and Yoke are all moveable so you can add them in however you like or animate them.
Created to be combined with the other two sets by simply removing one door and door frame from the set you wish to combine it with and then click on the floor and move into place ( (though to combine with the Loading Dock you will need the Cargo Hold as we didn't include presets for combining this time since you can combine them a number of ways...if anyone needs help, please let me know!)

For those interested in taking a peek at the other two sets in this series, you can find them here:
The Cargo Hold
The Loading Dock

If you have any questions about this set or any other we have on sale, please don't hesitate to ask in this thread. PM me, or float me an e-mail ann0314 @ art-collab.com (just remove the spaces before and after the @) :)

As always if you have any renders of this or any set we have created that you would like to share with us, we would LOVE to see them and you never know when sharing something could win you a little surprise ;) (we like to randomly pic images we like best from those that post to get little surprises from us :))

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on

Comments

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,814
    edited September 2012

Another couple renders I did a little bit ago (These renders as well as 2 of the renders above also Feature Eden's Flame by Barb - IgnisSerpentus..you can find her thread here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8146/)

Hope you like The Control Room and can't wait to see what you come up with!

Horror2.jpg
    1281 x 806 - 429K
    SpacePirates.jpg
    1281 x 806 - 408K
    edited December 1969

PS Yes I know it is very dangerous (and unconventional/not a good idea at all) to smoke while in space as well as asleep but I just couldn't resist it LOL

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Just nabbed the control room ... just need to get home,install and see where my mind takes me ... ;)

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    Just nabbed the control room ... just need to get home,install and see where my mind takes me ... ;)

I expect to see another cool render with a really cool camera angle I never expected was possible ;) See what you did...now I have high expectations after that Cargo Hold render you did hehe ;) :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Woah looks good, and that cool outfit in the first set of pics had me wanting that as well

edited December 1969

Yeah I love how that render of Iggy's outfit came out in that render with the lighting etc. Shows the velvety quality well I think :)

• IgnisSerpentusIgnisSerpentus Posts: 2,475
    edited September 2012

I just wanna say how awesome this set is. Ann and Frank really didn't just raise the bar on this one - they drop kicked it into high gear! It renders really nicely and the details are astounding... there is just so much to see. And I also want to mention its very easy to use (I dont even typically render sci fi or big scenes like this, and I managed very easily) Well done you guys!

Post edited by IgnisSerpentus on
  • artistb3artistb3 Posts: 188
    edited December 1969

Perhaps if it had a "new and shiny" as well as an "old and rusty"...

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

I better poke my head in here as well and stick up an image

Control_Room.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 454K
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:

I expect to see another cool render with a really cool camera angle I never expected was possible ;) See what you did...now I have high expectations after that Cargo Hold render you did hehe ;) :)

Oh gawd ... now I'm done for ...! ;) Got a Reality render (almost done) with Cyborg and Cargo hold goigg, then I need to see if I can install DS4.5 beta and new content, then install control room and then come up with an idea that you will like using a camera angle you'll find surprising and after that I'll just put the finishing touches on my cold fusion thesis ... :)

edited September 2012

artistb3 said:
    Perhaps if it had a "new and shiny" as well as an "old and rusty"...

We decided on starting with the rusty look as it was something that hadn't been done (or not often anyway) that we had seen..or at least not to this extent. Most of the sci fi stuff was more shiney new ships so we decided to go for a more worn down, old ship look instead so we didn't kinda run into what had been done all ready :)

That being said, that may be coming in the future as an add on for all the sets (a newer shinier version) though I cant promise it but we have discussed it. Before doing that though we wanted to finish all the rooms we wanted to have so if we did a newer texture version for it they would all match etc as these sets do :) We have some more rooms in mind...a couple that should be quite challenging...though it will just depend on how the ones we have done do and whether people want anymore. We don't wanna tire everyone out on it. On the other hand we have been really enjoying doing these :) We didn't realize how much we would enjoy Sci Fi (or that we could even do it at all) till DAZ asked us to do The Loading Dock..since then it's been all downhill as they say. :)

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

@Neil - Glad you posted that render, as I really like it.

OK, I have a few (5 actually) renders I did while beta testing this set, so sit back, relax, and scroll to see all of them.

First up is the Control Room/Cockpit Back Wall using the Green lights set (there are 4 sets of lights in this set guys). Be sure to click to see unsquished.

For a full-sized render, click here --> http://3dpixelzone.com/ART/controlroom.htm

CockpitBackWall-Small.jpg
    800 x 566 - 323K
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,327
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the great renders guys.

edited December 1969

Second up is the full Control Room as if standing in the doorway from the Hall. In this one I used the Vivid light set. Be sure to click for an unsquished view.

For a full-sized view, click here --> http://3dpixelzone.com/ART/controlroom2.htm

ControlRoom-Small.jpg
    800 x 439 - 200K
  • Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

While we have the attention of the artcollab guys: Do you guys have any plans on making another "anime" texture a la ART Isa a4? That is my hands down most used/edited texture.

edited December 1969

Third up is the Hallway leading into the Control Room, this time with the Amber lights. Click to see it unsquished.

For a full-sized render, click here --> http://3dpixelzone.com/ART/controlroom3.htm

CRFullScene-Small.jpg
    800 x 571 - 321K
    edited December 1969

While we have the attention of the artcollab guys: Do you guys have any plans on making another "anime" texture a la ART Isa a4? That is my hands down most used/edited texture.

That was actually created by someone I used to work with who now sells on RDNA (mutedbanshee) She may have something up over there similar, I'm not sure :)

edited December 1969

Next up is the Loading Dock, Hallway and the Control Room/Cockpit, this time using the Frost lights. Be sure to click to see unsquished.

For a full-sized render, click here --> http://3dpixelzone.com/ART/controlroom4.htm

LoadingDockAndCRoom-Small.jpg
    800 x 629 - 358K
    edited December 1969

Thanks! Really cool control room, btw.

edited December 1969

Last, but certainly not least (this one took me the better part of 3 days to get finished), this is the Control Room, Hallway, Loading Dock (what little you see of it) and waaaaaaaaaaaay in the back, the Cargo Hold, again using the Frost lights. Click to see unsquished.

For a full-sized render, click here --> http://3dpixelzone.com/ART/controlroom5.htm

~psssst~ I finished this around 1:00am this morning, just around the time Kevin posted today's PA sale list.

CRoom-LoadingDockAndCargoHold-Small.jpg
    800 x 533 - 237K
  • RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

I grabbed this. I don't know if it was your intent or not but I get a very "Firefly" vibe off of this set.

edited December 1969

I grabbed this. I don't know if it was your intent or not but I get a very "Firefly" vibe off of this set.

It was the intent :) We own the series and also Serenity and watch them often so we are fans (actually I am a huge fan of pretty much anything Joss Whedon touches) so it was the general inspiration :) Nothing in any of the rooms is anything like the ship Serenity though...it's just supposed to evoke that same feeling :) Makes my whole day that obviously we achieved that by how many have caught the reference :)

edited December 1969

(actually I am a huge fan of pretty much anything Joss Whedon touches)

You sound like my roommate. Dresses up as the captain from Firefly every Holloween. /sigh

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

It was the intent :) We own the series and also Serenity and watch them often so we are fans (actually I am a huge fan of pretty much anything Joss Whedon touches) so it was the general inspiration :) Nothing in any of the rooms is anything like the ship Serenity though...it's just supposed to evoke that same feeling :) Makes my whole day that obviously we achieved that by how many have caught the reference :)

You did. I held off on the cargo bay/loading dock previously but when I saw the cockpit I went ahead and snapped all 3 up. I'm a sucker for sci-fi and generally prefer the lived in look as opposed to sleek and shiny or retro-60s stuff.

Now if you just come up with a living quarters with the same feel I'd feel more or less complete!

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,489
    edited September 2012

That's so much Firefly you can almost smell Jayne and hear Captain Reynolds yell. The promo gave me goosebumps. Working on a follow up render to my cows, just picky, on my tenth rerender or so.....

Post edited by Totte on
    edited December 1969

Now if you just come up with a living quarters with the same feel I'd feel more or less complete!

On the list of ones we would like to do to go with this (as long as it seems people still want the stuff) are:

The Living Quarters
    Engine Room
    Medical Lab
    And possibly a couple others as well

But that is all dependent on whether or not people seem to be buying the stuff. These sets take the two of us (me and my husband) a good couple months or some pretty long days so as long as sales dictate that we can take that sort of time on them we will probably keep going with it :) We enjoy the theme a ton but don't want to get to a point where we are kinda rushing them to offset losses due to how much time they take (if that makes sense) :) It's kinda do the best we can on something or don't do it at all.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,327
    edited December 1969

Totte said:

That's so much Firefly you can almost smell Jayne and hear Captain Reynolds yell. The promo gave me goosebumps. Working on a follow up render to my cows, just picky, on my tenth rerender or so.....

I absolutely love Firefly and was the biggest inspiration to these packs. Though none of it looks in any way like it I wanted to get the same feel of it.

edited December 1969

ROFL ok quick try to say Firefly Fan 3 times fast! I just tried to say to my husband that Totte must be a big Firefly Fan and it came out Frier Fry Flan like all three times O.o LOL

edited December 1969

On the list of ones we would like to do to go with this (as long as it seems people still want the stuff) are:

The Living Quarters
    Engine Room
    Medical Lab
    And possibly a couple others as well

But that is all dependent on whether or not people seem to be buying the stuff. These sets take the two of us (me and my husband) a good couple months or some pretty long days so as long as sales dictate that we can take that sort of time on them we will probably keep going with it :) We enjoy the theme a ton but don't want to get to a point where we are kinda rushing them to offset losses due to how much time they take (if that makes sense) :) It's kinda do the best we can on something or don't do it at all.

That is perfectly understandable. Living quarters (with a round corner sofa and a huge table in the center) is a nobrainer! Engine room and medlab is also cool, but comes as you wrote, lower on the list;-)

Keep it up, now we need the clothing department to make a Genesis versions of Privateer M3 & Hardcore m3/M4 (I use them on Genesis a lot in my FireFly inspired renders, for my adventures for the now dead but still moving Roleplaying game Serenity.

edited September 2012

ROFL ok quick try to say Firefly Fan 3 times fast! I just tried to say to my husband that Totte must be a big Firefly Fan and it came out Frier Fry Flan like all three times O.o LOL

You're right!
    The series was awesome and the roleplaying game makes us continue exploring the 'Verse where no one dared before ;-)

Fried any fliers lately Ann?

Post edited by Totte on