Contest ~~Because I Said So! ~~ March to April 15

Comments

• GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103

Lyam #1 "The eyes can be decieved, paint what your heart sees!"

Lyam #1 "When the only color you have left is red, everything starts looking red!"

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Gopherus #2

"That Leprechaun took one look at her and hit the bottle."

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,131

Gopherus #2: "I may be unlucky at cards, but looks like I'm lucky in love! She even likes my red hair."

Lyam #1: "Sigh ... he's such a handsome devil!"

Are the rest of you laughing out loud when you read some of these? Even going back through, I hear myself chuckling.

Lyam, I love the background on that painting. Really cool!  I am wondering if the dude posing is a self portrait? (Wicked grin. The bottle of bleach would apply to me...) Rich- always love your environments, that snow is crisp with details, and you really gave us a lot to work with. A teeny turtle at the giant's feet- very clever!

Gopherus and Isidorn, I know that anytime you render a scene, it will be packed full of neat combinations. Isidorn- I really like the camera angle in yours, the expanse between the archer and the...intended target adds to the suspense. Gopherus- I never take forgranted the posing you do, such as holding cards in their hands. Tweaking fingers is a pain. 

Keep 'em coming. I've worked on another one off and on. I've got to see if I get the humor in it that I want. We'll see. Anyone else working on one?

• LyamLyam Posts: 137
    Novica said:

Are the rest of you laughing out loud when you read some of these? Even going back through, I hear myself chuckling.

Lyam, I love the background on that painting. Really cool!  I am wondering if the dude posing is a self portrait?

Novica.

You can make the texture of the background in the portrait using the Oil Paint Filter in Photoshop quite easily.  And I tried to make the posing dude look very cheesy and goofy, so I sure hope there is no resemblance to a self portrait. LOL

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Both renders and captions are definitely laugh-worthy, so not a dull moment when checking these threads.laugh I find it hard to come up with witty captions though but I should be able to get at least one more render in before deadline.

Lyam said:
    Novica said:

And I tried to make the posing dude look very cheesy and goofy, 

You did quite well!

Isidorn, the contest continues till mid-April so everyone can have time to leisurely work on renders. I never had time in the monthly contests, too many other things going, and I wanted the contests to be relaxing with a dabble-here-and-there timeframe. 

Gopherus #3: (Dolphin) " Yeah, I'm pretty sure I can fit through that ring - maybe if I breathe in a bit?"

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,315
    edited March 2016

Lyam #1 (red devil)

"Be carfeul what you wish for,  you might just get it"

Post edited by FirstBastion on

Gopherus #03

"ohhh,  think I caught a big one this time for sure"

• LyamLyam Posts: 137

Gopherus #03

"Stop trying to eat them!  These are not goldfish crackers!"

edited March 2016

(red devil) "Be carfeul what you wish for,  you might just get it" - FirstBastion

Lyam, spotted a tpyo (LOL) that FirstBastion probably did not intend. RIght FB?

Post edited by Novica on

Gopherus 2

"And the owner wonders why the bar down the street is getting more business." 

edited March 2016
    Novica said:

"Be carfeul what you wish for,  you might just get it" - FirstBastion

yes please,  "careful" is what I was going for,  

Post edited by FirstBastion on
    Novica said:

Aw, I was hoping you'd turn hillbilly on us. "Be carfeul with that ax when choppin' 'at wood."

Novica said:
    Novica said:

Aw, I was hoping you'd turn hillbilly on us. "Be carfeul with that ax when choppin' 'at wood."

"I'll reckon it's a possibility ma'am"    I better go stack a cord.

Saphirewild #1: "How much longer do I have to stay on the naughty seat?"

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Gopherus #1: "The Tea Is Great Here, I promise ya"

Novica #1: "How We Going To Get Outta Here Now?"

RGcincy #1: "I did it I made the perfect potion for greed!"

Isidorn #1: "Let's see which dummy I can hit today"

RGcincy #2: "I just need to hit him here cause the bigger they are the harder they fall!"

Gopherus #2: "We got a great game going here, the luck of the Irish is shining on us tonight"

Lyam #1: "This is what I think of you Mr. Supermodel!"

Gopherus #3: "Yesss! I made the catch of the day!"

Saphirewild #1  "The animatronic cat was still great as a chick magnet, but the poor old magic bus has definitely lost it s mojo"

Saphirewild #1  "Let's have a circus!  We can sell tickets to raise money to repaint the clubhouse!!"

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,806

Lyam #1: "What was I thinking? It must have been that deviled ham I ate for lunch."

Gopherus #3: "Fish just ain't biting today I guess."

Gopherus #3: "Thank you Flipper. A few more if you please."

Saphirewild #1: "We have the stage. We have the costumers. But what happened to the audience?"

Saphirewild #1: "How much did you say the rent was again?"

I'm guessing a few may not recognize what Flipper and deviled ham refer to.

edited March 2016

Gopherus #3

(Bird to Dog) "You did NOT catch that, you liar! My friend saw you take it out of the bucket!"

Post edited by Novica on
    edited March 2016

Gopherus #3

"Whelp, we've found EDIT: three of the tires...now find the rest of the car and we'll have a sweeeeet ride." 

(Didn't see the second tire in the boat, so there are THREE tires)

Post edited by Novica on
    edited March 2016

Saphirewild #1   "Sooner or later the school's gonna miss their mascot. The bus, not so much." 

Post edited by Novica on

Hi risk3d  4d7df48ebe!   Welcome to the contest, and what a fun render!  Need you to do me a favor- the format for the entry thread is strict so the renders have the same "look" to them. Would you please put the three products (linked, and if you don't know how to do that just PM me or ask here and we'll be really happy to help you)  and remove all other comments. Only the three links should be above the render.  Appreciate it very much! 

And definitely hugs for joining us- can't wait to see what you do next! 

So what you do next is watch the caption summary post near the front of the thread, and when people suggest captions, go back to the entry thread and put the captions under your render. These should be good!

edited March 2016

risk3d  4d7df48ebe #1

"...Marcus couldn't take his eyes off me, and Gisela...Miss Crayola (giggle)...SO green with envy...and then there's..."

Post edited by Novica on

risk3d  4d7df48ebe #1  "No dangers for me in the dark forbidden forest because I'm exceptional.  My mommy said so!  You, on the other hand..."

risk3d  4d7df48ebe #1  "Tell me when you run out of cake crumbs and we'll follow their trail back home."

• ablazeablaze Posts: 61
    edited March 2016

risk3d  4d7df48ebe #1 "Okay, now, you count to ten, and I'll hide. "

risk3d  4d7df48ebe #1 "Okay, so you're still following right? cause its important to know you're place and its behind me cause I'm a leader and you're not and I'm the princess and you're not,  and ... and,  ... what was that sound?  ... You're not making faces again are you? You know how much I don't like that,  and you know what else... yadda, yadda, yadda."

Post edited by ablaze on

risk3d_4d7df48ebe #1: "Yes, that's right, just take another step Princess - yes, and another, yes, just step onto that concealed... erm, that nice solid bit of earth there"

• XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 871

ahh, an easy one for me to think of

risk_4d7df48ebe #1 "SBD" (Silent But Deadly)

XaatXuun, I laughed out loud! 

I'll put these in the summary later tonight. Been trying to get out the door to the barn all day- it's gorgeous outside!