- Urban Sprawl 3 - First Previews - (Commercial)

Comments

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

MarcCCTx said:
    Is this still being worked on? Or was it repurposed into something else (like ruins)?

One of the buildings in the promos sure does look like a building from the "Abandoned" series.

I always thought it would be cool to have a city in pristine condition and the same city available as ruins.
    It would be quite a task for the artist, but it would still be cool.

• SupercopeSupercope Posts: 128
    edited December 1969

tsarist said:

I always thought it would be cool to have a city in pristine condition and the same city available as ruins.

I quite agree. I actually have an upcoming project for which this is needed!

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,160
    edited December 1969

been a while since I worked on it..it's still 'coming soon' but no idea when that will be..it is such a big set.

and yea,some of the 'abandoned' series of buildings do feature in sprawl3,but in a cleaner state,

thanks
    Stefan

• arcadyarcady Posts: 340
    edited December 1969

Necro-posting:

Last night I noticed an older thread for looking for ideas for what to put in Urban Sprawl 3 - looks like that is too old and US3 is cloer to done now.

So for Urban Sprawl 4 I guess: hills. Like San Francisco, Sao Paolo, Seoul, etc.

In comparing Urban Sprawl 2 to a competing City Blocks product on Renderosity (both of which were on sale yesterday, but the renderosity one's sale ended last night) - I noticed that neither of them and none of the other smaller city pieces I could find were cities on hills.

So, as something to jot down for the future: a set that goes into the hills would be really nice.

• edited December 1969

I applied to the bank for a mortgage to buy this architectural marvel. Hopefully it will be approved by the time it is ready to move into.

Was going to mention a downtown campus university near a pub and a strip club but it looks like any of those buildings could be it with a sign put on.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

...need to start winning challenges so I can stock up on GCs in preparation.

I'd love to see the next urban set be more Euopean in style. A more Cybepunk themed sprawl would be cool too.

BTW, is the Suburban Sprawl" project pretty much dead? We've have a lot of nice single structures & such but no full "streets" set.

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186

WOW its been over a year since the last post here. Any update on when this will be available? 

still a work in progress

taking 'soon' to a whole new level

• still a work in progress

as long as you don't then throw it off the observation deck.

• CherokeeCherokee Posts: 292

still a work in progress

And as long as you make it still compatible with Poser and not only for DAZ Studio.

still a work in progress

Originally you stated this would be your last set that would be both Poser and Studio, since then you stated that you are doing Studio only, are you going to still do this set as a Poser/Studio or just a studio only with obj files for other programs?  

sorry guys,this one will be DAZ Studio only (with obj's)

I don't even have Poser installed anymore

• ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386

Really bad news....

• CherokeeCherokee Posts: 292
    ISIKOL said:

Really bad news....

Yep, it sure is.

sorry guys,this one will be DAZ Studio only (with obj's)

I don't even have Poser installed anymore

I guess I can stop waiting for it to come out then. Thanks for clearing that up at least. 

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886

Take your time, I still need my bank to recover enough to pick up Urban Sprawl 2. But eagerly waiting for this one, too. ;)

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167

Take your time, I still need my bank to recover enough to pick up Urban Sprawl 2. But eagerly waiting for this one, too. ;)

don't go pricing on on TSquid then. It's cheaper to hire contractors to build an actual city, and Stones attention to detail is both ludicrous and amazing so I'm eagerly waiting but also impatiently waiting because this looks nuts and I have to have it.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

As long as there are obj with mtl ... my Poser is quite happy.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

Excellent Stefan, glad to hear its still in the works.  I really like urban sets more than fantasy

don't go pricing on on TSquid then. It's cheaper to hire contractors to build an actual city, and Stones attention to detail is both ludicrous and amazing so I'm eagerly waiting but also impatiently waiting because this looks nuts and I have to have it.

Oh sure. March Madness hit my wallet bad, is all, and I already have to stretch coins for some immediate release stuff.

I'm still laughing at the $1000 polar bear on TSquid... although, to be fair, Turbosquid has a number of rather decent free items.

• McGrandpaMcGrandpa Posts: 464

I'm with Kerya, .obj+.mtl = usable in Poser.

Um, Stefan, are you going to encrypted content? I hope not.

McG.

I'm not sure he has any control over that.

not planning on going encrypted anytime soon,I'll see how it plays out with DAZ,

no...my plans are much more nefarious,

-Content will only be useable to people who's DAZ Studio serial numbers start in an odd number

-Returns on any items priced over 39-95 will incur a 49-95 'admin' fee

-Content will only be available during New Zealand business hours,

-Any attempt to export content to be used in any application other than DAZ Studio will see the users computers rendered 'busy' for 999 years'(alternatively users may use Bryce to render their scenes.)

-A 1.99$ 99$ daily fee will be added to all user accounts, this will be known as  'Stonemasons Personal Pastry Chef Fund' or SPPCF

-Encrypted content will be superseded by 'MI' content, this content will self destruct should any attempt be made to pirate it.

-Weekly freebie will be replaced with mandatory weekly customer donation,this will be known as 

'Stonemasons Personal Pastry Chef Assistant Fund' or SPPCAF

-The Korean spammers keeping our mods busy will be re-trained as Stonemasons minions,these 'minions' will be put to work creating content ..and coffee.

;)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133

Well, at least the last one sounds good.

not planning on going encrypted anytime soon,I'll see how it plays out with DAZ,

-Content will only be useable to people who's DAZ Studio serial numbers start in an odd number

-Any attempt to export content to be used in any application other than DAZ Studio will see the users computers rendered 'busy' for 999 years'(alternatively users may use Bryce to render their scenes.)

-A 1.99$ 99$ daily fee will be added to all user accounts, this will be known as  'Stonemasons Personal Pastry Chef Fund' or SPPCF

-Encrypted content will be superseded by 'MI' content, this content will self destruct should any attempt be made to pirate it.

-Weekly freebie will be replaced with mandatory weekly customer donation,this will be known as 

-The Korean spammers keeping our mods busy will be re-trained as Stonemasons minions,these 'minions' will be put to work creating content ..and coffee.

;)

Well, at least the last one sounds good!

• Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,733

Stefan, your work is fantastic. Keep up the good work.

• bad4ubad4u Posts: 684
    edited March 2016

;)

Pretty sure DAZ staff already sitting in a secret meeting, seriously discussing which of theses suggestions might be worth trying out, to make people beg for encryption instead.. ;-)

Post edited by bad4u on
  • Peter FulfordPeter Fulford Posts: 1,325
    edited March 2016

- ...will see the users computers rendered 'busy' for 999 years'(alternatively users may use Bryce to render their scenes.)

Cheeky bloody git. Not far wrong, though. ;-)

Bryce does OK even if it does take its time. This one:

would render in about 2 hours at 256rpp (on my Intel hex core at 4.2GHz). It was an attempt to match a Thea render of your Backstreets seen on their website:

https://thearender.com/site/images/igallery/resized/1-100/Old_City-95-1200-1000-100.jpg

Bryce has been capable of this global illumination standard since Bryce5 launched in 2001 - fifteen years ago, although no-one except the developer new it at the time. I was one of only two in the user base to discover the buried feature years later. It was an utter ball ache to set up for then but since Bryce7 it can all happen with a couple of clicks.

To see it take mere seconds in Iray is boggling.

Now, off to take out a contract on all pastry chefs in New Zealand...

bryce-thea-TA-repro-adj.jpg
    1000 x 464 - 143K
    Post edited by Peter Fulford on
  • SupercopeSupercope Posts: 128

;)

Comment of the Day!

• estheresther Posts: 608

Hi, I am a poser user (latest versions always).  How will I get this into poser if I buy it?

Kind regards,

esther

• VhardamisVhardamis Posts: 576
    esther said:

Hi, I am a poser user (latest versions always).  How will I get this into poser if I buy it?

Kind regards,

esther

Stonemasion stated he isn't doing a poser version. That means while yes you could import the obj into poser you'd have to make / use your own textures.