Contest ~~Because I Said So! ~~ March to April 15

Comments

• GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103

RGcincy #1  "Igor, I need you to catch another million fireflies before this light goes out!"

Novica #1  "I don't have to outrun him!  I only have to outrun you!!"

isidorn #1  "I gotta tell you, since your bow is pointed right at my heart, that it's my least vulnerable spot."

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805

Well Novica, I think you hit on a winning formula for this month's contest! This is quite fun to come up with captions for other people's renders and see what others write too.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited March 2016

I think it would be fun to vote on the captions, make each render's captions a separate question (like a group) and we pick 1-4th places (same weighting, with 1st as 5 pts, 2nd for 3 pts, etc) for each renders' captions. So instead of just a winning entry, we can have winning captions too. On those, I'd only list the winning caption. We'd vote on the entries as usual. And this time, I'm participating. I'm going to ask someone I have in mind (a vendor)  to co-supervise the voting since I'm participating. I know ya'll trust me but I would feel better with a second set of (non-participating) eyes. 

This way, even folks who don't render can get recognized for their contributions. Does this sound agreeable to everyone? 

Post edited by Novica on
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Ooohh, I like that idea! And, of course, we trust you!  Whatever you decide to do is good with me.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

I am still working on my entry it is taking me a bit because i want it to be a real good one!!! Also my 4.9 keeps crashing on me for some reason all of a sudden!!!

I am still working on my entry it is taking me a bit because i want it to be a real good one!!! Also my 4.9 keeps crashing on me for some reason all of a sudden!!!

Do you have other programs open? If you keep experiencing it, fixmypcmike is really good to look at the error logs and figure it out.

I just thought of another one and laughed out loud. I hope I have time to do it. 

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601
    Novica said:

I think it would be fun to vote on the captions, make each render's captions a separate question (like a group) and we pick 1-4th places (same weighting, with 1st as 5 pts, 2nd for 3 pts, etc) for each renders' captions. So instead of just a winning entry, we can have winning captions too. On those, I'd only list the winning caption. We'd vote on the entries as usual. And this time, I'm participating. I'm going to ask someone I have in mind (a vendor)  to co-supervise the voting since I'm participating. I know ya'll trust me but I would feel better with a second set of (non-participating) eyes. 

This way, even folks who don't render can get recognized for their contributions. Does this sound agreeable to everyone? 

Sounds like an excellent idea! Though, I don't want to think about how difficult it will be to pick who to vote for... Great captions all around, for all renders. Oh, and I've added the captions for my render to the entry thread now. Thanks Novica for gathering them so convenientlyyes

• XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 871

ahh got a moment to get online . .YAY . .ok what I see so far

Gopherus #01 : at a Jungle frat party " Drink drink drink "

Novica  #1 : GrWoow, guys, Thems sssome cool hats, where'ssssss can I getsssss one

RGcincy  #1 : Do the Goo

isidorn #1  Remember, in battle our own faction will be in the mist, now, any thing you see that is blue or red shoot it, and any thing white and Black , don't shoot . . and .. . wait   . not now

XaatXuun- I love Do the Goo!   

I finally got an idea for a contest entry.  I've been playing around with a few things, primitives and textures, and I think it might actually work out.  Have to use primitives because I have no props even close that I can kitbash into what I want!  Thanks goodness for shaders and Filter Forge!

@Novica  That s a good idea!  Not only voting for best picture but also best screenwriter (caption) for each picture.  the hardest part will be the math and organization on your end, especially when the entire academy shows up to vote.

I finally got an idea for a contest entry.  I've been playing around with a few things, primitives and textures, and I think it might actually work out.  Have to use primitives because I have no props even close that I can kitbash into what I want!  Thanks goodness for shaders and Filter Forge!

Everyone should have Nurnies Greebles Parts and Pieces. I'm using it in my next one.

edited March 2016
    Novica said:

Everyone should have Nurnies Greebles Parts and Pieces. I'm using it in my next one.

This is another inexensive and useful set: Everyday Morphing Primitives

Post edited by RGcincy on

Yep, you posted it before I did, I was going for the link but couldn't remember the first word of it! 

Yep. I'm realizing that now.  Both items made into my wishlist, but, now that I need it, I don't have either one!  My muddy water texture is still rendering in FF so I'm kind of stuck doing nothing right now.  However, I think I'll be okay with the primitives in DS.  What I need to make is relatively simple.  I think I'll be picking up both the next time they go on sale, though.

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438

I think I'll be picking up both the next time they go on sale, though.

Keep your eyes open in the next few days. Everyday Morphing Primitives *should* be going on sale with the rest of my store.

RGcincy #2  "A hot sauna, an invigorating roll in snow, a pumice stone rub down, and now Melvin patiently awaits the tick-dragons to remove his parasites"

edited March 2016

RGcincy #2   "Well, what did you expect when you only paid for the discounted gym membership- real weights?"

Post edited by Novica on
    maclean said:

I think I'll be picking up both the next time they go on sale, though.

Keep your eyes open in the next few days. Everyday Morphing Primitives *should* be going on sale with the rest of my store.

Good to know.  I'll keep an eye on it.

• LyamLyam Posts: 137

RGcincy #2 - You can tell your Mother of Dragons that I will not help her conquer Westeros, even if she gives me a turtle to scratch my itching feet.  I want no part in your Games of Thrones. 

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,219

RGcincy #2

You guys distract him, I'm going for the achilles heel.

RGcincy #2  It's my rock now and I'm not giving it back!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091

RGCincy #2 - "So tell me guys, where exactly do you want your wockewy?"

• XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 871

RGcincy #2 : Go away, this is my Cookie

edited March 2016

Gopherus #2

"She just couldn't wait to see who lost!" 

Post edited by Novica on
    edited March 2016

Gopherus #2    "This wasn't in the rules!"

Gopherus #2    "At least I don't have to go with the Leprechaun maid!"

Post edited by RGcincy on
    edited March 2016

Lyam #1

"(Thinking) Maybe I should add saggy six pack abs too... and a bottle of bleach in his hand." 

"Look out Picasso, here I come!" 

Post edited by Novica on