New Iray SkyDome Super Pak available Now [Commercial]

magix101magix101 Posts: 165
edited April 2016 in The Commons

Just thought I would give a heads up about this add on pak for the Iray Worlds Skydome.

Been working on it for months, its finished and uploaded ...and it will be availabel soon in the marketplace.

Here are some of the promo images...No Postwork on these...Lighting is a single Custom Iray Sun (not the one thats default with iray, one thats designed to work in the SkyDome)

Hope you guys like it...my uploads are painfully slow today..so the images will be attached when I can upload them.

Post edited by magix101 on

Comments

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886

Looking forward to them! I use Iray Worlds on nearly every Iray render I make. ;)

• magix101magix101 Posts: 165

Hey thanks Will...I hope you like this add on, its really made it a lot more versatile.

Having trouble uploading images tho...weird they are less than 1meg, but not showing yet...

Images

1_Main-Image1A.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 622K
    Pop-1B.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 534K
    Pop-1A.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 525K

Images 2

Pop-1D.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 493K
    Pop-1E.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 518K
    Pop-1C.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 576K

Whoa. You really took it up a notch!

edited March 2016

Images 3

Pop-1G.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 575K
    Pop-1H.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 646K
    Pop-1I.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 564K
    Pop-1F.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 543K
    edited March 2016

Thanks Will...Yep...its definitely a lot more powerful now.

I also will be adding more when I can find time....it takes a lot of trial and error to get things to work smoothly.

I have one inclusion of a double city horizon in this pak, that works well so I am going to try more of that in the future as well as things to go inside like land formations and so on

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

awww crap.

Another item to go into my cart for when I have money. LOL

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Beautiful magix101!

• These look awesome! Can't wait.

Hey thanks guys...yeah I have made sure (even tho its very complex to build and lots of stuff in it), that it goes on sale for about 50% off  $12 US..... $24 normaly

I quite often want to buy things and cant really afford it, so I know what that feels like, so its imporatant to keep the prices reasonable

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Wow! I love these!  I use the Iray Worlds Skydome a LOT! This new pak will come in very handy!

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602

I'm another that uses your Iray Worlds in almost every render, so I'm so excited to be getting more!

They look super. I can't wait. :)

Yeah...Just wanted to say that time permiting, I will be upgrading and adding on to it as much as I can.

A couple more renders of straight presets from the Super Pak...with no extras

Canyons-Gold.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 1M
    Fantasy-Skies.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 1M
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Had to go and make sure I had the Skydome (which I do, I was pretty sure this was the set I use the most but had to make sure before I got too excited lol.)  Now I am officially super excited for these add ons to come out.  Hopefully, it will be very soon!

• Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,587

Can't wait this is a great idea. I already have original product, and it works great. I was kind of bummed that I have alot of night sky domes that look great in 3delight but don't work in Iray. I had to download night scenes in HDR and use infinite dome to get a decent night render. I hope this new pack will have more than one night sky. The one with the moon looks great.

Hi...Sonja Yep hoping that it will be out in March...its in QA now.

@ Silver Dolphin There are 3 night scenes..One with the large moon in it (shown in the renders) another with just stars, and another with a different moon.

I'll post some extra renders as soon as I get time.

Between this and Mec4D's thing, trying to keep my mits off my store credit...

• HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,662

Can't wait this is a great idea. I already have original product, and it works great. I was kind of bummed that I have alot of night sky domes that look great in 3delight but don't work in Iray. I had to download night scenes in HDR and use infinite dome to get a decent night render. I hope this new pack will have more than one night sky. The one with the moon looks great.

Agreed. First; nice Magix! yes I'd agree, I see some, what looks kinda like spacey shots, but will there be true nightime skies? A regular moon with simple stars for example, or even no moon and simple stars? smiley

HorusRa

Yep....There are just stars (as mentioned above) and another moon as well...I will do more in future too, it takes a bit of experimenting tho, cause the sky also has to light the scene...if its too black

then it becomes hard to get the right light, but these night skies are optimized for good light

OK I had some old renders hanging around (they were basically just test renders done when I was building it) just basic..no post and no added stuff.

Lighting is from the skies and sun turned to moon ambience (not as bright, throwing out less light and more bluish)

The last image is a halfway image ...to sunset.

I photographed most of these images in 4K plus and took custom panoramas. so they throw the right type of light.

All the Stars.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 1M
    Goth City2.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 1M
    Moon of Romance.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 1M
    Sunset City.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 1M
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,153

They look great :)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

SOLD.  The night time stary skies are superb.  YAY!  FINALLY!

• Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,587

Ooooh night skys

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

Between this and Mec4D's thing, trying to keep my mits off my store credit...

The wait for the same two items is keeping a lid on spends here as well, and I expect we're not alone. Release them yesterday, Daz, and watch those sales figures soar again! :)

• HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,662
    magix101 said:

OK I had some old renders hanging around (they were basically just test renders done when I was building it) just basic..no post and no added stuff.

Lighting is from the skies and sun turned to moon ambience (not as bright, throwing out less light and more bluish)

The last image is a halfway image ...to sunset.

I photographed most of these images in 4K plus and took custom panoramas. so they throw the right type of light.

Awesome! In the cart it goes the night it is released. Thanks btw, for all you do Magix. yes

No problems guys...and thanks for the feedback...I will try to post some more renders over the next few days...those last night ones are quite old, but thats basically how it looks...better if anything.

As soon as I know when its passed QA I will post that info here...when it goes to the market

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

It will be an instant buy for me too.  Been waiting for this ever since you indicated more paks when the skydome first came out!  I really could use all of them, but I definitely could have used the cityscape one a couple of weeks back!  So, Magix, spacedome next?  Pretty please!!!!!  We really need to be able to do more space scenes in Iray!

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

An instant buy for me as well.

Not to be (too) greedy, will we still see an Iray conversion of Worldbase XT in the future?