New Iray SkyDome Super Pak available Now [Commercial]

1235»

Comments

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342

I rarely touch iRay. In fact I've uninstalled most stuff that is iRay only. My PC is almost 4 1/2 y/o and my nVidia, though it has a whopping laugh 144 cuda cores, won't allow its use for iRay at all as of an update or so ago (still on 4.8) so I figure I'll just wait 'til I get around to getting a new PC.

But....just had to play with this! I changed skies and water several times and don't remember which ones I ended up with. Moved the sun slightly using instructions above and boom this is what I got.

Lazy Day

LazyDay.jpg
    1100 x 846 - 151K
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

So finally flew back from Hawaii (and boy are my arms tired!) and loaded this up...

Holy 5639DF*(&$%Y(R!

Magix, you blew it out of the water, good job!

• magix101magix101 Posts: 165

So finally flew back from Hawaii (and boy are my arms tired!) and loaded this up...

Holy 5639DF*(&$%Y(R!

Magix, you blew it out of the water, good job!

Hey thanks Will.

Actually this has given me a lot of ideas, and time permitting I hope to upgrade and addon as much as possible.

edited April 2016
    Spit said:

I rarely touch iRay. In fact I've uninstalled most stuff that is iRay only. My PC is almost 4 1/2 y/o and my nVidia, though it has a whopping laugh 144 cuda cores, won't allow its use for iRay at all as of an update or so ago (still on 4.8) so I figure I'll just wait 'til I get around to getting a new PC.

But....just had to play with this! I changed skies and water several times and don't remember which ones I ended up with. Moved the sun slightly using instructions above and boom this is what I got.

Lazy Day

Very nice...
    Yep Iray is centered around Cuda cards thats for sure, and the render settings can take a while to get used to
    Tho I spent a long time tweaking this so it renders at a decent speed and is easy to use...even on a lowish Cuda Card...but 144 is definitely too low these days

Post edited by magix101 on

So, my approach to sky + Worlds is very simple.

Set 'Share Glossy Inputs' to 'off'

Set refraction IOR and weight to 1.

Put the texture map of the skydome into Refraction Color.

Make sure Environmental settings are on Dome+Scene, environmental map is empty, and fiddle with the sun until you get a look you like. I find a little bit of haze makes for a good sun disk, and you can play with glow vs. disk to get the effect you want.

Here are three examples of the exact same scene with different tweaks to the environmental settings.

Skydome day.jpg
    1404 x 1080 - 876K
    Skydome dusk.jpg
    1404 x 1080 - 861K
    Skydome night.jpg
    1404 x 1080 - 875K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    Spit said:

Lazy Day

Lovely render!

I've got a GTX 560 Ti 448 (limited edition) ... so 448 cuda cores - LOL

edited April 2016

First big render...

Altered the water a little bit to show the Leviathan.

One quirk I've noticed is that it seems that pasting new shaders onto the base screws up the UV mapping somehow. Maybe it disconnects from the default mapping it's using? Not sure. In this case it wasn't so hard to just set values where I knew they should be.

Post edited by Oso3D on
  • RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    magix101 said:

Do you mean you want to rotate or move the base without moving the sun? Thats easy all you do is unparent the Sun from the Base.
    If you mean can the Sun move on its own without affecting the base, I have already explained to you several times you can do that...see comments above.
    Cheers

no need to get unpatient if you do not read my posts well

just  trying to help

Thanks, Kerya!
     and laugh on your Cuda cores.

Will---one of your absolute best renders!

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

hey Spit whos sitting there in front of the stairs

a nursoda one ?

Ruphuss said:

hey Spit whos sitting there in front of the stairs

a nursoda one ?

Of course laugh He's Malik.

Yeah, Spit, I made it my desktop background. ;)

'Does Skydome SuperPak convert to 3DL decently?'

http://willbear.deviantart.com/art/Woolly-Rhino2-601834327

Yes, yes it does.

Ambient of skydome was set to 600 or 800 or so, also added some raytrace reflection to the base. Instead of sun, used the skydome as an arealight + AoA distant light + UE Bouncelight. The bounce might not have been strictly necessary, but I figure what the heck.

So, my approach to sky + Worlds is very simple.

Set 'Share Glossy Inputs' to 'off'

Set refraction IOR and weight to 1.

Put the texture map of the skydome into Refraction Color.

Make sure Environmental settings are on Dome+Scene, environmental map is empty, and fiddle with the sun until you get a look you like. I find a little bit of haze makes for a good sun disk, and you can play with glow vs. disk to get the effect you want.

Here are three examples of the exact same scene with different tweaks to the environmental settings.

Very nice renders Will
    Useful tips too

Ruphuss said:
    magix101 said:

Do you mean you want to rotate or move the base without moving the sun? Thats easy all you do is unparent the Sun from the Base.
    If you mean can the Sun move on its own without affecting the base, I have already explained to you several times you can do that...see comments above.
    Cheers

no need to get unpatient if you do not read my posts well

just  trying to help

No problems, my apologies if I sounded a little impatient.
    I do have some difficulty understanding what you are trying to ask tho, its probab;y because English is maybe a second language to you.
    Anyway the sun can be rotated or moved indepedantly of thw world, and the world can be moved independantly of the sun by unparenting it.
    Cheers

First big render...

Altered the water a little bit to show the Leviathan.

One quirk I've noticed is that it seems that pasting new shaders onto the base screws up the UV mapping somehow. Maybe it disconnects from the default mapping it's using? Not sure. In this case it wasn't so hard to just set values where I knew they should be.

Very nice!! I always like a bit of the fantasy in with the more realistic look, its a great mix.
    Cheers

• Hi,

I recently got the original Iray Worlds Skydome, and I can't find a a Readme or any other guide on how to use it. I checked the File List under the store page and there doesn't seemt one listed. To me, this seems to be a rather involved and complex product, and I would like to make the most of it. I Other than this thread, I can't find a discussion on it in the Forums either. Any help?

Thanks

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139

Hi,

I recently got the original Iray Worlds Skydome, and I can't find a a Readme or any other guide on how to use it. I checked the File List under the store page and there doesn't seemt one listed. To me, this seems to be a rather involved and complex product, and I would like to make the most of it. I Other than this thread, I can't find a discussion on it in the Forums either. Any help?

Thanks

Magix101 posted some help (which apparently was meant to be in the ReadMe but got left out) in another thread. Unfortunately I can't locate that thread but I did take a screen capture of the relevant post at the time (November 15th 2015) - I hope Magix won't mind that I post it again here.

PID_23387 ReadMe Supplement - Iray_worlds_skydome.jpg
    1072 x 707 - 169K

Hi Magix-101 here
    I have new PAK that I have been working on for several months now.
    Ii is standalone..in other words you do not need the original Iray Worlds Skydome or Superpak
    However if you own these products or buy them, you will be able to add to more skies, water etc.
    to this new PAK called Iray SkyDome Plus [Ground Cover]
    Dont be fooled by the title...this is not a few skies or some basic ground cover, this is a Massive
    product with Trees, Vines, Grass, Sun Positions, Hidden Lights, Skylight functions and much more
    The Grass Cycle for example has 15 different morphs to easily control density, randomisation, height,
    tilt so it can look great from any camera angle plus 9 different MATS and grass looks, and there is much
    more.but I wont go on...but here are a few images, these are created solely in the Skydome Plus pak
    without any outside products....also the images are exactly as they are rendered in Daz Studio.

Sc-1-Wide.jpg
    2800 x 1200 - 3M
    Sc4-Wide.jpg
    2800 x 1200 - 3M
    Sc5-Wide.jpg
    2800 x 1200 - 3M
    Def-Sc3 Gr+Tr.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 667K
    Sc3-Wide.jpg
    2800 x 1200 - 3M
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Late to the party I know, but I finally picked up the Super PAK and omg it is amazing!!!! Having so much fun with it, and it really does render at a decent rate, not horribly slow or lagging, so I'm super happy about that. 

You know what I'd love to see? A city road/parking lot type for the base.....so I could put heaps of city buildings on the base and have mountains in the background....like a cement/concrete option.