Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited February 2016

Sonja- did you break that outfit down in Scene, to the respective body parts, and see if there were any adjustments from there? I have that outfit but don't recall the name. Edit: if you don't mind, tell me the outfit and remind me what generation this is on? 

Post edited by Novica on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Gen 2 and its Dark Woods Heroine and yes I tried the only thing I could see was scale which didn't really help. 

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Wow that is soe really red hair on her :D it looks great though on her brings out her fair skin laugh

Ya her fair skin just screamed red head to me lol.

• I really like these last two renders.  Amazing characters that are definitely worth keeping in your arsenal!  And so different!  Not sure which one I like better because they are both good for different reasons.  I did finally get a chance to play with the Randomizer and got some really great results.  It is such a fun program to play with.  I may have to start my own thread at some point and show off some of my results and Wips.  It would be nice to get some feedback, I have SO much going on right now, I can't even think about doing something like that until next month.  Until then, I guess I'll just pop in here and watch you play.  laugh

You should definitely start your own thread I would love to see more of your work.  I am becoming quite addicted to the randomizer and the skin builder.  I do hope the makers of the skin builder do one for the gen 3 series and really wish they had one for the genesis series.  its a really really cool tool

• Yes, I like the skin builder, too.  One of these days I'll have to get the save and share thing they have for it.  I like the randomizer, too.  Loads of fun.  Some of the results are downright hilarious, but I get a lot of results that are definitely worth saving.  Maybe, if it get all of my current projects done that are non DS related, I'll start a thread for my wips and experiments.   I'm not even sure if I'm going to get a chance to get back to my entry for the new users contest this month and it is nowhere near ready to enter yet.

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

Nice renders! :)

I was debating starting a thread of things I make, but it could be scary and short. lol

Liana, you should do it!  Its a nice way to keep track of your progress as well.  I wanted to be see how I improved over time and this is the easiest way to keep track.  and its nice to get feedback as well.

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

I will then. I have an indoor one that I am working just for fun and learning. The indoor lighting is being a pain in the buttocks! Or so I think. lol

Can't wait to see what you have!

edited February 2016

Little scene I tried in Reality.  Paolo came over and had a chat with us it was really nice of him to take the time. Think i finally have the materials part straight. Not sure why I was not grasping how it worked.  Too much Iray and I think I was just overthinking things.

Welcome To the Temple.png
    494 x 800 - 596K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
    edited February 2016

Early Morning Contemplation

Tried out the Iray Atmo Cam.  Not sure if I used it the way you are supposed to.  Note to self - read the directions first....

early-morning-contemplation.png
    730 x 451 - 420K
  • I like the Reality render.  I haven't tried it since the last update.  I'll definitely have to give it a go again.  I read through the thread from tonight's chat with Paolo.  Unfortunately, I didn't know about it until after the fact. Unfortunately, I won't be able to see that webinar tomorrow either unless it is still available for viewing afterwards.

As for the Iray render, it looks a little hazy so I'm guessing you managed to use it correctly.  I'm still playing with so I have no helpful advice.  I'm using it in my current render and so far it has been fairly easy to use, just click on some buttons.

I like the Reality render.  I haven't tried it since the last update.  I'll definitely have to give it a go again.  I read through the thread from tonight's chat with Paolo.  Unfortunately, I didn't know about it until after the fact. Unfortunately, I won't be able to see that webinar tomorrow either unless it is still available for viewing afterwards.

As for the Iray render, it looks a little hazy so I'm guessing you managed to use it correctly.  I'm still playing with so I have no helpful advice.  I'm using it in my current render and so far it has been fairly easy to use, just click on some buttons.

I thought it was just pushing buttons too but its supposed to be a kind of very pale orange sunrise haze.  I think I got the haze and none of the orange lol.  I will go read up on it when I get a chance.  I don't really know what I am doing in Reality either but I really like how it seems to do skins.  I will figure it out eventually.  Just not enought time to learn everything quick enough!

• Yeah! Don't I know that feeling!

edited February 2016

Moon Rise at Mog Ruith.  Just checking out some of my new goodies.  This is 3delight, for some reason the table does NOT like Iray even with conversion.  May try a different texture on ti at some point.  Victoria 4 with Amaraseda hair and Roses Fantasy Dove dress (freebie).  Background is FM's Night.   I will try from here on out to list what I am using but don't hold me too it.  I will do it if I remember lol. 

Moon Rise at Mog Ruith.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I just finished reading the lates DS Creative and I saw your render in there!  Looking good!

I just saw it!  I can't believe it I'm so excited lol!   It was really easy to submit it as well.  I still just can't believe it...

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

Congrats to you as well! I told you that it's a good render, hehe we are even on the same page.

I know what are the odds of us being on the same page lol.  I thought it was pretty cool.

edited March 2016

Just trying out some of the stuff I have got over the last several month.  I like the ivy but I think I am going to have to pull it over to photoshop and give it a bit more...contrast ,make it look a bit more textured and life like.

Divinity Rising Genesis Iray.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
    edited March 2016

Just a quickie wanted to try out putting a different hdri in the environment slot in iray and the new Pier I just picked up.

I Swear I Heard Something!.png
    800 x 800 - 1017K
    edited March 2016

Its amazing how a hair style will totally change the look of a character.

Issa Bikini.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
    Issa Beach.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
    Pixie Beach.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

Just a quickie wanted to try out putting a different hdri in the environment slot in iray and the new Pier I just picked up.

Ha, this is great! nice scene and story and I like the expressions.

That test about the hair is interessting, something to keep an eye out for when doing a character. A little nitpick though: the panties seem to sit really low on the backside, probably happens with posing so I'm not sure if there is something to be done about, just jumpted to my suspicious eye blush

Ya and a bit loose to boot.  Was late and I haven't settled on a final image.  I spent a huge amount of time on a different top and just couldn't get it to look right so by then, I was just done lol.  This may or may not end up as a full on scene.  Can't seem to make up my mind on the hair lol.  but if it ends up as something I will most definitely pull up her britches.

edited March 2016

At The End of the Day - Need to work on the cat and on the candle flame.  When I make the candle flame emmissive it turned into a small white rectangle so I turned the opacity down to something like .0001. No idea where the sparkle came from but both the flame and the sparkle I will fix in post work.  I may also run the cat throught look at my hair.

At The End Of the Day.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

You've been busy! I like the mermaid image.  Very nice.  It looks like you are missing the displacement maps or something on the ivy leaves.  I had that problem with some plant, I forget which one, and I had to go in and track down a normal map or a displacement map, depending on which render engine you are using.  It might be worth a look.  I couldn't really tell which set that was from the little bit there so I don't know if I have that one.  I like the lighting on the last image with the lady and the cat!

edited March 2016

The vines are from the lost world the vegetation.  I honestly may have just forgotten to add the mats.  It was late and I have a terrible sinus infection lol. Thats why I have gotten a lot done, don't feel really well enough to do much else after work at the moment   The lighting is a combo of Khory's new scintillating portrait lights and some point lights

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

Nice renders :) Apart from the candles and fuzzing up the cat (my coffee grinder of a puter hates LAMH, sadly), you may want to look at clipping on the lady's dress, too. Her foot is poking through and there are som little bits where the dress poke through the apron. Sometimes adapting smoothing and/or collission can help there. Or morphing. Or even hiding the offending parts on teh figure ;)

Keep rendering :D

This discussion has been closed.