The I Wanted Mousse But Got A Moose Instead Complaint Thread.

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Tjohn said:

Mousses. Meeses. Whatever.

Press to play.

tee hee mommy had twins, they so cute

MistyMist said:
    ds4.8 woes.  installed the postogre cms first. i wanted it on my edrive partition.

i'm only gonna back up the e drive, so everything i need to backup is going on e
    when i installed 4.8 it didn;t ask me for a path to the cms, it installed a second copy deep in my c drive.
    i uninstalled/deleted both cms copies and reinstalled it on e.

if you use DIM to install, you need to set the software install location first.

MistyMist said:

i dont see it running in services, dunno how to confirm it's actually running and ds sees it.

It's not a service, only runs when DS, Carrar, or DIM are running.  It'ss say in the log if it's running, there will be half a dozen instances of postgres.exe in Task Manager, the the default categories will show up in Content Library > Categories

MistyMist said:

copied over my g3content lib to new pc.  dont see how to tell ogre how to scan the folders to get the info it needs.

Re-import metadata

MistyMist said:

anyhows, copied over the roaming folder, went to open my saved workspace preset, preview thumbnail shows the gui just as i remember it, but it doesnt take.

Try running the Update and Merge Menus script.

MistyMist said:

the render settings tab looks alot different. 
    seeing a button for nvidia iray, dont see an iray button for non-nvidia

NVIDIA Iray is the name of the render engine, whether you're using an NVIDIA card or not.

thanks.  i looked in taskmanager dont see any instances running.  guess ds doesnt see it, can i set the path somewhere in ds?

if i uninstall 4.8 and reinstall can i somehow tell it where to put the cms data? 

no dim

the multipane thing on the right, somehow, got the tabs to be on top instead of down the side,  
    cant remember how.

I went to check to see if getting just the Girl 7 would qualify for the discount but have to get the Girl 7 pro bundle.  I did not budget into my plan to get the girl 7 Pro bundle today.

for half a second thought i saw mike7pro bundle for 18.88$  but was just the base figure

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    MistyMist said:

I went to check to see if getting just the Girl 7 would qualify for the discount but have to get the Girl 7 pro bundle.  I did not budget into my plan to get the girl 7 Pro bundle today.

for half a second thought i saw mike7pro bundle for 18.88$  but was just the base figure

I wish the girl 7 pro bundle was $18.88  but maybe in the future when she is no longer a new item.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Chohole said:
    frank0314 said:

So . . . guess who locked himself out of the house today!

Twonk!

Had to wait out in the cold for my neighbour with the spare key to get home from work. sad

Need to get yourself one of those faux rocks that you can hide a key inside.

Dear little darlings with asbos are totally up on things like that in some parts of the UK . 

Yeah, might as well have a neon sign saying "rob me"

Yeah.  I remember, back in the day, when I was first getting itno owning my own car instead of driving my ex-husband's car. I had an old Cortina, and when I tell you it was a Mk 1 Cortina you will appreciate it was old.  Every Friday night it was "stolen" while we were down the Pub, so not needing it.  It always came back though. Got to the stage that on Fridays I didn't bother locking it when I parked, figured I may as well make it easy for him.  I got repaid for that, as once I had left it with almost no petrol, and when I got in it on the Saturday I found I had almost a quarter of a tank.  Some little toe rags are quite nice really. 

Twonk!

Had to wait out in the cold for my neighbour with the spare key to get home from work. sad

hope it wasnt a long wait >.<

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited February 2016

Morning. A flock of turtledoves squabbling over spills from a grain truck, winners dodging rubber and steel and losers wheeling up and over freeway traffic and concrete and glass towers into a dazzling bright blue sky that seems to stretch out from city gridlock to forever :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    Serpent said:

Wn it bies on your ass
    As you swim in eel grass...

THAT'S A MORAY!!!! surprisesurprisecrying

It's a bloody MORAY! Swim for it!!

cant find it my heart to say this critter is cute. lol

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188

If you have rocks around your front porch then it will blend in. Obviously if you don't have any around its gonna stick out like a sore thumb.

frank0314 said:

If you have rocks around your front porch then it will blend in. Obviously if you don't have any around its gonna stick out like a sore thumb.

what about the fake rock collection that grows exponentially with each color change?

ps1borg said:
    MistyMist said:

woes - switching between the 2 hdmi inputs has stressed my big monitor, keeps dimming on me. cant blame the compy, is dimminh with the older pc too

did my first carrara render on new compy.  added another 185 frames to the awacs render and rendered ouy to 1920, flight is choppy now, like dropping frames or something http://orig13.deviantart.net/56aa/f/2016/059/c/1/flight_test_awacs2_h264_60_by_realmgal-d9tifkd.mp4.

ds4.8 woes.  installed the postogre cms first. i wanted it on my edrive partition.
    i'm only gonna back up the e drive, so everything i need to backup is going on e
    when i installed 4.8 it didn;t ask me for a path to the cms, it installed a second copy deep in my c drive.
    i dont see it running in services, dunno how to confirm it's actually running and ds sees it.
    copied over my g3content lib to new pc.  dont see how to tell ogre how to scan the folders to get the info it needs.
    what is the difference tween workspace and style?
    anyhows, copied over the roaming folder, went to open my saved workspace preset, preview thumbnail shows the gui just as i remember it, but it doesnt take.
    havent tried any autofitting clones yet, learning curve gonna be steeper than imagined. not bothering to post first iray render, it looks awful.

Might be wrong but I think the Style is look and feel and Workspace is how panels are arranged/visible at leat that's how it looks on a mac :)

Yeah look about that video is like the last one I think is something to do with field order - odd first/last ? - write out images from carrara and convert to video with some package else instead otherwise stuff like that can make crazy, :)

still fighting the inevitable, no wanna render individual frames  

music daw - free Best Service ENGINE  http://www.bestservice.de/en/downloads.html

installed it but cant make heads ot tails of it, starting to get used to sony acid interface, but it not 64-bit

Ten more minutes until 6:30pm and that is when they said my package will be delivered by.

My package still has not come yet.  ugghhh

gettin tired of the awacs render, but wanna try another batchq render test to test out if it's the frame rate, or the frame size, or the number of frames.

My package came while I was in the shower.  I got a new case for my new tablet and a new bluetooth keyboard that I can use.  I am liking my new bluetooth keyboard as I can type on it easier than the onscreen one.   

My package came while I was in the shower.  I got a new case for my new tablet and a new bluetooth keyboard that I can use.  I am liking my new bluetooth keyboard as I can type on it easier than the onscreen one.   

blue tooth keyboard sounds fantastic!

Serpent said:

I've been doin a lot of thinking as I've lain in bed in pain for the last 3 days, and seeing as I'm not gonna last foreer I'd bette get my a$ in ger and finish the last 5 things on my bucket list...

4 more albums of music, then a full-length novel.  Then I can kick this wold in the scrotes and see what's next! laugh

I figure this will take 5-6 years so I ned to ind a wy to get - and STAY - healhy enough to hold down a full-time job and work on my projects.   Given that the doc at th hospial gave me about 12 yeas I should be ale to pull this one in without too much trouble!

If I an get a perm job here in Ausin I'm going to find a groud-floor apartment and install a futon, a computer table, a big TV, and the astest Internet I can afford.. and 2 75-gallon fish takns! laugh

Tank 1 will hold loaches.. small ones this time. Botia histrionica, zipper loaches, chain loaches, botia striaa, and of course the reuired gang of sunk (punk) loaches (small fish the the atitude of a bloody Great White).

Tank 2 will contain either angels or discus.  I loved my angels, but my discus were family.  They recognized me and would come to the front of the tank o be fed, strangers sent them behind plants until they got to know them (and if they didn't like that person after 2 weeks.. I dropped them.  The discus seemed to be a beter judge of peope than I was).  But discus are had to keep, the water quality has to be pefect, yiu need to feed them a real variety of food for optimum health, and if two of them paied it was for like - if one partner died, the other stops eating until it dies.  I's hapened to me and you will cry your heart out for weeks. sad

Anyway, back to coughing up a lung aloing with my intestines!  What a show! indecision

Sorry to hear you were ill, oh man I hate coughing up all that inner space stuff that looks like it came from outer space :)

Chohole said:
    frank0314 said:

Twonk!

Dear little darlings with asbos are totally up on things like that in some parts of the UK . 

what if you had 13 green ones, 169 purple ones and 2197 gray ones?  Would that still be a neon sign that says rob me?  or would that be a waste of money?

edit at this rate having any orange ones would be way too many (like 28561 orange ones)

Three would be enough to play a shell-game :)

Serpent said:

Twonk!

cryingcryingcrying

rantworthy yes

ps1borg said:
    Chohole said:
    frank0314 said:

Twonk!

what if you had 13 green ones, 169 purple ones and 2197 gray ones?  Would that still be a neon sign that says rob me?  or would that be a waste of money?

edit at this rate having any orange ones would be way too many (like 28561 orange ones)

Three would be enough to play a shell-game :)

I thInk I should have used a starting point of three?

MistyMist said:
    ps1borg said:
    MistyMist said:

woes - switching between the 2 hdmi inputs has stressed my big monitor, keeps dimming on me. cant blame the compy, is dimminh with the older pc too

did my first carrara render on new compy.  added another 185 frames to the awacs render and rendered ouy to 1920, flight is choppy now, like dropping frames or something http://orig13.deviantart.net/56aa/f/2016/059/c/1/flight_test_awacs2_h264_60_by_realmgal-d9tifkd.mp4.

what is the difference tween workspace and style?
    havent tried any autofitting clones yet, learning curve gonna be steeper than imagined. not bothering to post first iray render, it looks awful.

Might be wrong but I think the Style is look and feel and Workspace is how panels are arranged/visible at leat that's how it looks on a mac :)

Yeah look about that video is like the last one I think is something to do with field order - odd first/last ? - write out images from carrara and convert to video with some package else instead otherwise stuff like that can make crazy, :)

still fighting the inevitable, no wanna render individual frames  

my mac converts the video to mac world stuff and it plays back smooth but you really ought to surrender else stuff like that will drive you crazy :)

dreaminf of finalcutpro and CAKE.  

tee hee heee made a da group with the funniest name i could think of for a manbabe theme 

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,138
    MistyMist said:

blue tooth keyboard sounds fantastic!

And rare too.  Not many critters have blue teeth.  surprise

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    Serpent said:

I've been doin a lot of thinking as I've lain in bed in pain for the last 3 days, and seeing as I'm not gonna last foreer I'd bette get my a$ in ger and finish the last 5 things on my bucket list...

4 more albums of music, then a full-length novel.  Then I can kick this wold in the scrotes and see what's next! laugh

I figure this will take 5-6 years so I ned to ind a wy to get - and STAY - healhy enough to hold down a full-time job and work on my projects.   Given that the doc at th hospial gave me about 12 yeas I should be ale to pull this one in without too much trouble!

If I an get a perm job here in Ausin I'm going to find a groud-floor apartment and install a futon, a computer table, a big TV, and the astest Internet I can afford.. and 2 75-gallon fish takns! laugh

Tank 1 will hold loaches.. small ones this time. Botia histrionica, zipper loaches, chain loaches, botia striaa, and of course the reuired gang of sunk (punk) loaches (small fish the the atitude of a bloody Great White).

Tank 2 will contain either angels or discus.  I loved my angels, but my discus were family.  They recognized me and would come to the front of the tank o be fed, strangers sent them behind plants until they got to know them (and if they didn't like that person after 2 weeks.. I dropped them.  The discus seemed to be a beter judge of peope than I was).  But discus are had to keep, the water quality has to be pefect, yiu need to feed them a real variety of food for optimum health, and if two of them paied it was for like - if one partner died, the other stops eating until it dies.  I's hapened to me and you will cry your heart out for weeks. sad

Anyway, back to coughing up a lung aloing with my intestines!  What a show! indecision

..hang in there guy, still would like to see you visit here so I can take you on a tour of "Brewvana"

I have so much left on my bucket list it isn't funny, hard to do things you like when the finances are just not there.

Discus are really cool. Also like Angelfish (we have a couple of the latter which seem to like me as they come up to the front every time I am near it). Fish are so relaxing and therapeutic to watch, much better than television.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514

...speaking of ailments, woke up this morning with a scratchy throat.  As the day progressed began to mutate into a cough and stuffy nose. Made it through the winter pretty much unscathed, but seems some kind of bug finally found me.

Weather isn't helping much either.  Had to go somewhere yesterday morning and it was cold, windy, rainy with even a bit of hail.  By mid afternoon the sun finally came out. Today, raw, cold, windy, and wet in advance of a much bigger storm.

Seems like teh March Lion arrived a day early (didn't it know it was a leap year?).  Picked up some green tea, going to make a cup with some honey in it before turning in.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    Serpent said:

My friend had the same experience with the discus fish.  Male died and the female just wouldn't eat anymore.

Dana

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    frank0314 said:

Twonk!

Yeah, none of the crooks will figure that out.  indecision

Dana

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    Chohole said:
    frank0314 said:

Twonk!

I'd need a bigger garden!

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991

Where am I?

This discussion has been closed.