V4 UVs for G3F?

1235»

Comments

• Heads up! Cayman Studios has just released V4 UVs for G3F over at Rendo: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-3-v4/113767/

--MW

This is intriguing!!  I have had excellent results with Cayman's G2F UVs for G3F.

• Gotta love the outside the box thinking that goes with the product. I recall a number of places I saw the idea of using V4 textures on G3F get nothing but 'it can't be done' or 'it's impossible' responses.  

It may be difficult or complicated, but in a vast community of creative artists, someone always finds a way. 

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,247

Thanks! That will do nicely. Does the preset get saved with a thumbnail by any chance?

• ModernWizardModernWizard Posts: 850
    edited February 2016
    JOdel said:

Thanks! That will do nicely. Does the preset get saved with a thumbnail by any chance?

Yes, if you save material presets, you will get an auto-generated thumbnail.

I'm thrilled to snap up this V4 for G3F product, as I loved the G2F base for G3F product that Cayman Studios put out. It works simply and effectively, and I expect that this latest addition to the suite will as well.

--MW

Post edited by ModernWizard on
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,294
    JOdel said:

Yes, the thumbnail is whatever is showing in your camera at the time you save the preset

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,294
    JOdel said:

Yes, if you save material presets, you will get an auto-generated thumbnail.

I'm thrilled to snap up this V4 for G3F product, as I loved the G2F base for G3F product that Cayman Studios put out. It works simply and effectively, and I expect that this latest addition to the suite will as well.

--MW

I have the G2F version as well, and I will likely pick this one up at some point. However I am hoping Cayman will do at least one for G3M. I have several G3F skins, but just 3 for G3M.

• This is awesome! I already have the G2F one but I have so many textures for V4 as I'm sure lots of us do. I spend a few hours converting pz2's to duf's and I really need to go buy a batch conversion LOL

But Girl 7 is happy!

GirlSecondSkins.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 227K
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

Awesome, i loved the g2f version so definitely buying this one

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited February 2016

edited found cart 

Post edited by Dkgoose on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    JOdel said:

Saw that! The textures need to be in .duf format. Wasn't there a conversion utility in the shop, or tutorial in the forums here for converting the older skins to .duf?

http://www.daz3d.com/v4-skins-batch-converter-to-genesis-2-female-s

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited February 2016
    Kerya said:
    JOdel said:

Saw that! The textures need to be in .duf format. Wasn't there a conversion utility in the shop, or tutorial in the forums here for converting the older skins to .duf?

http://www.daz3d.com/v4-skins-batch-converter-to-genesis-2-female-s

This is well worth it yes  Got it some time ago but used it for the first time at 3.00am when I should have been sleeping but wanted to test the plug-in blush  It works relatively quickly (didn't time it though) blush

Ran this test:  G2F skin on G3F on the left and V4 skin on G3F on the right.  Tweaked the Reality settings of the geografts to match the host figures' then rendered in LuxRender.  Render looked good at 3 minutes 47 seconds and let it run 30 more minutes.  All other settings are default.

Post edited by 3dLux on