[Commercial] The Streets Of........

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

You want to know what is scary?

This month's free Aversis HDRi...it is perfect for this set.

http://www.aversis.be/hdri/hdri-free-monthly-hdr-map.htm

It's been wishlisted for now.

• R25SR25S Posts: 595

it's not really designed for much rooftop action,but it has the basics.

argel1200 said:

Any chance for a rooftop shot for those of us that equate Venice with Assasin's Creed II? smiley

Stefan,

Can I ask are the buildings seperate objects?  Can they be moved around like the ones in the Streets of Old London set?   I note that the water plane seems to extend under most of the scene. The possibilities for kit bashing with the three Village Courtyard sets are almost endless.

This one is now top of next week's shopping list. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Cheers,

Alex.

Yes; you can move the buildings

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310
    R25S said:

argel1200 said:

Any chance for a rooftop shot for those of us that equate Venice with Assasin's Creed II? smiley

Stefan,

Can I ask are the buildings seperate objects?  Can they be moved around like the ones in the Streets of Old London set?   I note that the water plane seems to extend under most of the scene. The possibilities for kit bashing with the three Village Courtyard sets are almost endless.

This one is now top of next week's shopping list. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Cheers,

Alex.

Thanks,

Alex.

• I've added to my Stonemason collection in a major way!  Picked up Streets of Tuscany and cleared out some of Stonemason's back catalog on my wishlist.  Saved a lot and got lots of great products so it is a good day!

• I just bought this. I haven't really tried to use something like this before. Do you have to load the entire set, if you are going to do a close up in front of one of the buildings?

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

Fantastic. Already bought it. Glad it's not encrypted, as I will continue to work with 4.8.

Did I mention it's fantastic?

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

in cart and bought as soon as I saw it.  I have really got to stop looking. Just...need to stop lol.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited February 2016

Sonja, I tried to stop looking in the store.  It was actually getting easy because some of the promos just do not do justice to some of the products, but then I come to the forums and everyone else's renders sell me on more products!

edit to add: Not saying Stonemason's products do that, though.  His promos are always top notch!

Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited February 2016

I just got this set and I love it , for Iray materials there need to be done some adjustments as couple of the building walls ( the glossy roughness is too low resulting in wet glossy effect when the light hit by the angle , and also some parts are too dark bellow the normal brightness but easy to set back to 186 -50) and definitely water shader is too heavy will slow down the rendering a lot and not really needed  , so here my spin video in Iray using this set , I played for over 2 hours ..here shorter version just click the image bellow

Cath

Post edited by MEC4D on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    R25S said:

argel1200 said:

Stefan,

Cheers,

Alex.

..OK, that is cool.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited February 2016

Love it, bought it I'm doing a render with it currently using Worlds of Iray.

Edited too add image Water is from Worlds of Iray.

streets of tuscany 1.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Post edited by Pendraia on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited February 2016

Perfect! Insta-buy because this is pretty much the setting I was looking for as part of a project I'm working on. heart

(Though now my budget for this month is almost used up.... crying Why is there still so much month left at the end of the money?!)

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • erik leemanerik leeman Posts: 262
    edited February 2016

Here's one rendered in Octane for DAZ Studio, thanks again for this wonderful scene Stefan!

Cheers!

Oh, I used that free HDR from Aversis that mjc1016 mentioned above for light and sky, thanks for the tip : )

Tuscany_Octane_01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 850K
    Post edited by erik leeman on
    BeeMKay said:

Perfect! Insta-buy because this is pretty much the setting I was looking for as part of a project I'm working on. heart

(Though now my budget for this month is almost used up.... crying Why is there still so much month left at the end of the money?!)

It's called Finagle's second law: the perversity of the universe tends towards the maximum.

Cheers,

Alex.

Here's one rendered in Octane for DAZ Studio, thanks again for this wonderful scene Stefan!

Cheers!

Oh, I used that free HDR from Aversis that mjc1016 mentioned above for light and sky, thanks for the tip : )

Fantastic render, Erik. You've set a very high standard for the rest of us to beat.

Cheers,

Alex.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

Great render Erik! 

edited February 2016

Thanks guys! But of course 99% of that praise should go to Stonemason.

Here's another Octane for DAZ Studio render, using the same settings, from a different viewpoint and a wider camera angle (28mm).

Cheers!

Tuscany_Octane_02.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 870K
  • Oh no! I have to break my rule and buy this even though I don't need it right this second. The quality is just too good.

Here are my morning and evening  finished (should render more samples ) renders with Iray with  revisited materials ..love it even more than yesterday lol

Used my own HDRI maps for the lighting .

I hope you like and happy V-Day

Cath

tuscany9.jpg
    1920 x 817 - 1M
    tuscany1.jpg
    1920 x 817 - 1M
    tuscany2.jpg
    1920 x 817 - 900K
    tuscany6.jpg
    1920 x 817 - 635K
    tuscany8.jpg
    1920 x 817 - 873K
    tuscany-night1.jpg
    1920 x 817 - 1M
    tuscany-night2.jpg
    1920 x 817 - 583K
    tuscany-night3.jpg
    1920 x 817 - 854K
    tuscany-night4.jpg
    1920 x 817 - 1M
  • Cath, those night shots are absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks , I wish I could escape to freezing cold weather today and be there lol 

Cath, those night shots are absolutely gorgeous!

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited February 2016

We actually have some buildings that seem influence by that type of architecture here.  Enjoying my second year of completely free of snow and freezing temperatures here in FL.  I see where it is being very brutal in the north we abandoned for the sunny south.  I haven't had a chance to render this since I downloaded it.  Hopefully, my current render will be done soon so I can play with all of my new Stonemason goodies.  Maybe tomorrow. 

edit: grammar

Post edited by Knittingmommy on

Lucky you ! this morning was 1F with wind chill of -30 F  weather go crazy .. much fun with the set , I can't stop playing with 

We actually have some buildings that seem influence by that type of architecture here.  Enjoying my second year of completely free of snow and freezing temperatures here in FL.  I see where it is being very brutal in the north we abandoned for the sunny south.  I haven't had a chance to render this since I downloaded it.  Hopefully, my current render will be done soon so I can play with all of my new Stonemason goodies.  Maybe tomorrow. 

edit: grammar

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886

It was a little chilly last night, I had to cut short my kids' playing in the pool outside.

:)

You teaser ! lol my bathroom this morning was 57 F I wanna shower with my PJs on  lol 

It was a little chilly last night, I had to cut short my kids' playing in the pool outside.

:)

edited February 2016

Prototype gets a romantic Valentines tour : )

Cheers!

Tuscany_Octane_03.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 819K
  • Utterly stunning, as always with Stonemason, but I can't help noticing that the "Streets of Tuscany" don't appear to include any actual streets...

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,160

yea I wouldn't take the names of my sets too literally,I'm pretty lazy at naming these things :),it could just as easily have been called 'environment#0172'

Great renders showing up here,love that series of images from Mec4d! and nice one from erik in Octane!

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,160

looks awesome, your twin Ttans seem to render a bit faster than my twin titans :\ 

MEC4D said:

I just got this set and I love it , for Iray materials there need to be done some adjustments as couple of the building walls ( the glossy roughness is too low resulting in wet glossy effect when the light hit by the angle , and also some parts are too dark bellow the normal brightness but easy to set back to 186 -50) and definitely water shader is too heavy will slow down the rendering a lot and not really needed  , so here my spin video in Iray using this set , I played for over 2 hours ..here shorter version just click the image bellow

Cath

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

looks awesome, your twin Ttans seem to render a bit faster than my twin titans :\ 

MEC4D said:

Cath

It's that green light...green means 'go faster', right?