NEW! Novica & Invited Guest Contributors Tips & Product Reviews Pt 6

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited February 2016

Check out Fast Grab, cool robot that flies too! PR-4U is by Kibaretto and I wishlisted a long time ago. Looks very versatile.

Post edited by Novica on

Finally, he's here! Ragnar for Gianni 7 looked good in his thread, been looking forward to his release. 

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    Novica said:

Check out Fast Grab, cool robot that flies too! PR-4U is by Kibaretto and I wishlisted a long time ago. Looks very versatile.

I would grab it - if there was a "no guns" version ...

Yeah, you know, I was wondering if those were separate mat areas that could be opagued out, but then that area might look a bit off. 

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,184

dropping by to watch the fun. 

• O.T. Oh, Novica may like this.

http://news.discovery.com/animals/horses-read-emotion-in-peoples-faces-160209.htm

I had seen that in this mornings Sigma Xi letter, and instantly thought of you Novica.

B.O.T.  Can the PR-4U guns be turned into something else, like antennas or something?

edited February 2016

O.T. Oh, Novica may like this.

http://news.discovery.com/animals/horses-read-emotion-in-peoples-faces-160209.htm

I had seen that in this mornings Sigma Xi letter, and instantly thought of you Novica.

B.O.T.  Can the PR-4U guns be turned into something else, like antennas or something?

Cool article!

Yes, horse owners have known this already. Well, the smart ones, or ones who care and don't treat animals like things instead of creatures with feelings.  They're very smart.

Nova and I used to nicker back and forth and he'd match my loudness- I'd say "Novaaaaaa" softly and he'd barely nicker back, then I'd increase it and go "NOOOVVVAAA" and he'd nicker louder, then the third time I did it, he'd do a full nicker. And he wouldn't do it with anyone else, and the first time I would always be hidden around the corner (while he was in his stall.) The other barn folks LOVED it. It was a game- horses love to do those too! They also have a sense of humor....

My friend had a canvas tote bag that she brought with her, and put the carrots in there. Stetson saw her take carrots from there and she gave him a couple. (I thought, "Oh, here we go...") So we walked over to the HUGE arena and Stetson nuzzled her for more carrots. She told him he'd had enough and he turned and looked at me and I said, "Don't look at me. It's up to her." and his ears went back ever so slightly. Well, she was in the arena because I told her Stetson loved jogging with people, without his lead, and that he'd stay with her but first she had to show him what she wanted him to do. So she started jogging toward the other end of the arena with him on the lead, then she took it off. I was fully expecting him to hold a grudge and not cooperate, but he was good as gold, trotting right along.

Until he got her all the way to the end of the arena. Once he got there, he turned and RAN back to the carrots, with my friend yelling, "Noooooooo!!!!! Come back here!" and me laughing so hard I was crying. She was laughing too saying, "You little stinker!" as she ran back, but he'd already chowed down on about five carrots, looking, I might add, quite pleased with himself at outsmarting her.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited February 2016

Hi Shadowhawk1!

Enjoy the fun. And Rabbicus or Rabbicac, the official thread mascot (Rich, you haven't named it yet.) In a nutshell, I told Rich I didn't like the cactus on the shelf on one of his product showcases, that it looked cartoony. I joking said "Do something with that cactus!" and boy, did he. It looks similar to the Rabbid Rabbits and if you go back a few posts, you'll see what happens when they have growth hormones. So glad you popped in, we have a lot of great members (and vendors) who watch the thread and help us out when we get stuck or have questions. Feel free to hop on in!

Edit: Did the links. Maybe the mods would let us do a survey and vote to name it?

Post edited by Novica on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    Novica said:

Note: I changed the materials in the previous post- I had identified it incorrectly. it is Mayda from Renderosity. Wonderful eyebrows!

The rest of the poses, and also wanted to show you Ahoy for V6. It renders very nicely with Iray and UberBase was NOT added. 

Now for the settings for the lips. This isn't every setting, but the ones I tweaked to get rid of Monster Glare. 

The base color was white, I left it that way.

Diffuse Roughness .43      Translucency Weight .50      I don't remember if I tweaked Glossy Layered Weight but it's .077

Glossy Color (this is a cool warm beige, works great!)   .50  .34    .27

Glossy Roughness    .54          Top Coat Weight  .64       Top Coat Color (another great one)  .63   .51    .43

(both those colors are good to have when tweaking skin tones too!) 

As you can see, the shine on her lips is acceptable and looks like lip gloss, not GOO. Her lips have roughness/realistic too.

Very useful.  Thanks so much!

edited February 2016

Rating: Can not personally recommend Girls Night Outfit due to severe pokethrough and lack of adjustments-  no morphs for straps, no adjustment morphs for chest, did not work on any V6 figure tested.

Girls Night Outfit- anyone have that and can test on a V6 figure where it works?

It doesn't work well on the one Rendo characters I tried that is G2F that I've tested (and vendor is from HERE. They know what they're doing.)  Complete, total chest poke through.  

Doesn't work well on Daz Victoria 6's either. Tried on Adrianna. Tried it on Alessa. Complete, total chest poke through. And fixing it, well- the straps enlarge (NO fixes for them either, not even in Scene>neck, collar, etc)  when you try to "scale" the chest. Other than twist or bend, that's your only option when you select Chest in Scene, and look at the list of morphs / adjustments and you'll see there's not much there. Fit To did nothing. I even tried Point At! 

You might be surprised how many of your females are Victoria 6 based. Tried on Ariadne just now, and of course, she's V6 too. No-go on Beau for Stephanie 6 either, was curious and tested it.  No go on Clair. Get the drift?

The only thing this worked well on was loading directly onto G2F. There's no adjustment morphs at ALL for the chest area, nor under the Chest in Scene. Those are my go-to's, is there anything else? I'm not changing my characters' figures to fit into the clothes, the clothes should have fit adjustments. Geez, it went on Daphne for V6, but the straps were embedded in her chest, with of course, no way to get them out of there unless I scaled the entire outfit.

So is it me? Want to give a fair review but right now with Fit To not working either, it's not a warm and fuzzy. I always assume there's something I'm not seeing, but if Scene and Parameters can't fix it, then I'm not really happy with it. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I'd return it if there is that much poke-thru with no adjustment fixes. 

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805
    edited February 2016
    Novica said:

He looks really, really good. The crush blacks/burn highlights does so much when the clothing is light- did you  also change the diffuse to a light gray? Glad the tutorial gave people some ideas or a different approach to tweak. Your portrait really conveys the mood. It makes me tired! 

Thanks! No, I did not change the diffuse on the shirt but did drop the environment intensity. That, along with the other changes, toned down the white a lot. 

Novica said:

Also, to get his hips out of focus, I think that is frame width. That way you can move the "planes" over to your left and the right (hips) won't be in focus. At least I THINK so.

For DOF, I was misinterpreting the controls and so had the face out of focus and the hips in focus, the opposite of what I wanted. I've done a couple more renders with different DOF but still like the original the best so far. I did one where only the face is in focus and the body is out of focus - makes my eyes hurt trying to focus - that one went too far! 

Novica said:

Enjoy the fun. And Rabbicus or Rabbicac, the official thread mascot (Rich, you haven't named it yet.) In a nutshell, I told Rich I didn't like the cactus on the shelf on one of his product showcases, that it looked cartoony. I joking said "Do something with that cactus!" and boy, did he. It looks similar to the Rabbid Rabbits and if you go back a few posts, you'll see what happens when they have growth hormones. ... Edit: Did the links. Maybe the mods would let us do a survey and vote to name it?

A survey would be fun!

Post edited by RGcincy on
    jakiblue said:

LOL, bought it a LONG time ago. I'm just wondering if (frankly) it is as bad as what I am experiencing. You'll rarely see reviews like this, because normally it's something that I'm just not doing right, or there is a QA issue (I've found about 8 of those legitimate ones in 3 years) but this thing has so few morphs that it isn't even funny. So you'd expect it to FIT and not need them. I'm trying to find a Genesis 2 F character that isn't a V6 to try on her.

edited February 2016

Ironman13 is flash sale. I'm picking up the sets that I've wishlisted. There's some great morphing props in a lot of these! Gotta check out then I'll try the G2F thing. Ah, that's right- if you are a PC member, don't forget February is a new month- duh. I have both my coupon codes to use, so I got the 60% off flash and then another $6. Fun! I keep forgetting about those mid-month, but I always remember near the end of it. I always keep my $6 DO in case there's any new things released, I've never had to use it on older things. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    Novica said:

Girls Night Outfit- anyone have that and can test on a V6 figure where it works?

It doesn't work well on the one Rendo characters I tried that is G2F that I've tested (and vendor is from HERE. They know what they're doing.)  Complete, total chest poke through.  

Doesn't work well on Daz Victoria 6's either. Tried on Adrianna. Tried it on Alessa. Complete, total chest poke through. And fixing it, well- the straps enlarge (NO fixes for them either, not even in Scene>neck, collar, etc)  when you try to "scale" the chest. Other than twist or bend, that's your only option when you select Chest in Scene, and look at the list of morphs / adjustments and you'll see there's not much there. Fit To did nothing. I even tried Point At! 

You might be surprised how many of your females are Victoria 6 based. Tried on Ariadne just now, and of course, she's V6 too. No-go on Beau for Stephanie 6 either, was curious and tested it.  No go on Clair. Get the drift?

The only thing this worked well on was loading directly onto G2F. There's no adjustment morphs at ALL for the chest area, nor under the Chest in Scene. Those are my go-to's, is there anything else? I'm not changing my characters' figures to fit into the clothes, the clothes should have fit adjustments. Geez, it went on Daphne for V6, but the straps were embedded in her chest, with of course, no way to get them out of there unless I scaled the entire outfit.

So is it me? Want to give a fair review but right now with Fit To not working either, it's not a warm and fuzzy. I always assume there's something I'm not seeing, but if Scene and Parameters can't fix it, then I'm not really happy with it. 

I don't have this to test, but you should submit a help request.

edited February 2016

Yep, the top is whacko. I tried it on P3D Quinty which is only G2F and the straps embed in the chest. So unless someone else can load all these without total boob pokethrough or embedded straps in the chest, Girls Night Outfit gets a thumbs down. (I'm always open to admitting if I make mistakes, but seriously, nothing in Scene, Parameters, shaping, Fit To.) 

Post edited by Novica on

I so want to pick up a few of those environment/prop sets she has - the modern office etc. Damn this whole "not having any money" thing I've got going on. LOL!

Novica said:

Ironman13 is flash sale. I'm picking up the sets that I've wishlisted. There's some great morphing props in a lot of these! Gotta check out then I'll try the G2F thing. Ah, that's right- if you are a PC member, don't forget February is a new month- duh. I have both my coupon codes to use, so I got the 60% off flash and then another $6. Fun! I keep forgetting about those mid-month, but I always remember near the end of it. I always keep my $6 DO in case there's any new things released, I've never had to use it on older things. 

oh that's a bummer, being over the 30 days mark. To tell the truth, I learnt a lesson a long time ago that when I buy something now, I ALWAYS test it as soon as I get it. I learnt that lesson on another of that vendor's outfits. So now, I always load something up and check it out the day I buy it, just to make sure.  

Novica said:
    jakiblue said:

LOL, bought it a LONG time ago. I'm just wondering if (frankly) it is as bad as what I am experiencing. You'll rarely see reviews like this, because normally it's something that I'm just not doing right, or there is a QA issue (I've found about 8 of those legitimate ones in 3 years) but this thing has so few morphs that it isn't even funny. So you'd expect it to FIT and not need them. I'm trying to find a Genesis 2 F character that isn't a V6 to try on her.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991

Does it have Mesh Smoothing? Is it enabled?

Tjohn said:

Does it have Mesh Smoothing? Is it enabled?

Mesh Resolution: Base.  Mesh Smoothing- Nada. And trust me, if her bra size were 34, about 33.5 of bra would be showing! The pokethrough is massive, not something you'd want to tweak with smoothing. But thanks for the idea!

edited February 2016

LOL Jakiblue, you PM'd me about the time I PM'd you. Check your inbox.  Edit: I can tell from that outfit that I got it on sale, because I really can't use it in my book except for the top. (Sigh) 

Post edited by Novica on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805
    Novica said:

Searched on Google and found this and this. Seems like you had this problem before with this outfit but found the solution.

edited February 2016

From Products: Doesn't work on my G2F from Rendo, made from Sabby who is a great vendor. Will test P3D Quinty. Nope it's even WORSE. Bust poke through and straps up in the air and not on the shoulders. So that must have been only a straight G2F and no characters added. 

Post edited by Novica on

PM"ed you back... :) 

Novica said:

LOL Jakiblue, you PM'd me about the time I PM'd you. Check your inbox.  Edit: I can tell from that outfit that I got it on sale, because I really can't use it in my book except for the top. (Sigh) 

Back atcha!

I randomly picked another outfit of that vendor that had a shirt and all it had was widen front for the chest, the skirt had some nice movement morphs but again, the top IMO was very lacking. The jacket also only had widen chest for that area. I definitely will be watching what morphs are included more closely and buy outfits which are more adjustable.  The chest is the main thing on a top to have to adjust! 

Speaking of which,  Dogz is a vendor I highly recommend. (Several of us do, actually.) Look at this sample of female attire and the morphs.  And another one.  These are typical.

We want a Dogz Flash Sale!  (Well, won't do me much good, I scoop up Dogz.)  

Yeeeah...I mentioned something like that in my PM *grin*

And yep, I must buy more Dogz stuff. I've got his Mall Girl for Genesis, his Steel Frame Specs, his Shattered, and his PC product, the Frivolous Forties one, and I really like his stuff.  

Novica said:

Back atcha!

I randomly picked another outfit of that vendor that had a shirt and all it had was widen front for the chest, the skirt had some nice movement morphs but again, the top IMO was very lacking. The jacket also only had widen chest for that area. I definitely will be watching what morphs are included more closely and buy outfits which are more adjustable.  The chest is the main thing on a top to have to adjust! 

Speaking of which,  Dogz is a vendor I highly recommend. (Several of us do, actually.) Look at this sample of female attire and the morphs.  And another one.  These are typical.

We want a Dogz Flash Sale!  (Well, won't do me much good, I scoop up Dogz.)  

Feel like rendering any of it? We should showcase a great vendor! I'll see what I've got installed.

edited February 2016

LOL...welllllllll...there's only 4 things I DON'T have. When I said I was a fan, I guess I wasn't kiddin'!

Post edited by Novica on

hmm, actually, yes I will! The Mall Girl outfit is one of my favourites for Genesis. 

That's a good idea!!!! Let's do a Favourite Vendor Showcase, starting with Dogz!!!

I'll have a play now :D 

Novica said:

Feel like rendering any of it? We should showcase a great vendor! I'll see what I've got installed.

Okay, GO. Anyone with Dogz, feel free to render!  You take Mall Girl, I'll start with something different.  I'm looking at Vintage Aviator. 

This discussion has been closed.