FirstBastion's 2016 Upcoming Lineup [commercial]

FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,185

Figured I'd start a new thread for this year.  Glimpse of what's coming soon.  An easy to keep track of thread to answer questions, post screens, take requests,  that sort of thing.

All products will be for both Daz Studio 3Delight and Daz Studio Iradium

previous thread is here:  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/56265/what-s-next-coming-soon-commercial/p1

Post edited by FirstBastion on

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Nice!

p.s. my bank card just screamed like a strangulated peacock, I think it's hiding under the sofa again.

• Looks like a good start to the year.  Looking forward to seeing this.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,637

Can the Secured Access Hallway have a TSA type metal detector x-ray thingy, or have you already completed it for market?

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,185
    edited January 2016

The Access Hallway released today.   http://www.daz3d.com/secured-access-hallway

I've been working on a partial airport set,  the metal detector could happen as part of that.  Or as its own little separate scene. I'll see what I can do. 

edited January 2016

Coming soon

Vehicular Traffic Tunnel

12-tunnel-daz3d-1stBastion.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 419K
    secured-access-hallway-1stBastion.jpg
    1400 x 787 - 584K
  • AntManAntMan Posts: 2,019

Very cool! I can see doing like a hundred ideas with these.

• Secured Hallway is sitting in the cart waiting for me to decide if I need anything else before checking out.  I'm debating a couple of things, but I already have a render in mind for Secured Hallway. 

Very cool tunnel.  I was just thinking the other day I wish I had a model of a tunnel like that! Curious how far along you are with that and if there might be a section for extending so that it could be made any length?  The render above looks great, but I can't tell what the entrance looks like.  Does it have an outside view so long shot leading up to the tunnel could be made?  How long before it is ready to hit the store?

edited January 2016

Thanks for the comments.   The Tunnel is finished Q/A testing and is waiting release.  The tunnel sections are modular,  theorectically it could go on for miles if you wanted to,  though you would have to load th scene a few times and move the tunnels into position.  The scene preload goes on for few hundred yards atleast, enough to put in 50-60 vehicles,   though I didn't specifically measure.   This is an interior scene, and the billboard at the far end is included,  but the focus of the set is the tunnels.  The exterior entrance itself will be part of a city scene that I'm working on. 

• Sounds great, FB!  I already have a few things in mind for that tunnel.  I actually managed to checkout and if I get my current render finished, still tweaking it.  I can play with the Secured Access Hallway tomorrow.  It is downloading as I type.  It should be a fun set to play with and see what I can do.

Please post the renders if you get the chance.  I always like seeing what develops from these sets.  smiley

• Please post the renders if you get the chance.  I always like seeing what develops from these sets.  smiley

Hey, FB.  Just curious what kind of render times you had with the Secured Hallways?  I realize you probably have a better computer setup than I do, but I am curious.  I have a render with it sitting in the works right now.  So, I'm impatiently waiting for it to finish.  I'm coming up to the 13 hour mark and it is still 57%.  Unfortunately, I'm CPU only in Iray so it does take my computer longer.  I have to say though, that it looks amazing and I didn't have to do anything for the actual Hallways at all.  I had to add some additional lighting for my characters, but the Hallway itself is downright outstanding.  You did a great job with that.  I didn't realize that you had already setup all of the lights in Iray.  Saved me a ton of work!  So, thank you for that!

• Thanks Knittingmommy, I do try to make these scene  as "ready to render" as possible,  so I always do provide lightset for the scene,  and now for both versions.  I am happy that you like them.  Its a bit of extra work but the value added makes it worthwhile.

Yeah, that does seem to be taking a long time to render.   there are so many variables that impact render times. I do remember multi hour CPU only Iray renders for Halfway up the Mountain and Public   I finally picked up a decen-t computer late last year for rendering iray,   and its got a 980 Nvidia card (2048 cuda core I think, somewhere there? ) so I did render these Hallway promos,  8-9 minutes if I remember,  but there were no characters nor clothing nor hair items to add to the calculations,  though there are plenty of meshlights.  My main 3D-modelling computer is still just an i5 8 gig rig and the 3DL renders were pretty quick on it.    

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited February 2016

Thanks Knittingmommy, I do try to make these scene  as "ready to render" as possible,  so I always do provide lightset for the scene,  and now for both versions.  I am happy that you like them.  Its a bit of extra work but the value added makes it worthwhile.

Yeah, that does seem to be taking a long time to render.   there are so many variables that impact render times. I do remember multi hour CPU only Iray renders for Halfway up the Mountain and Public  

Yes, I've encountered that in some Iray renders.  I do have some of your sets that include lightsets which is I really like when working with 3Delight because it is NOT my favorite engine to render in although I am trying to understand it better.  This is the first set of yours that I've gotten with Iray presets included so I wasn't sure what to expect.  I do have to say that it is awesome.  I'm sure my render size is also a contributing factor as I tend to do final renders in a larger size (scaling down when posting to my gallery) and the characters and clothing play a large part in the it.  I also had to add a separate lighting setup just for the characters.  I usually try to do test render straight out of the box to guage render time, but I didn't do that with this one because I wanted to get straight to a final render and have some fun.

I finally picked up a decen-t computer late last year for rendering iray,   and its got a 980 Nvidia card (2048 cuda core I think, somewhere there? ) so I did render these Hallway promos,  8-9 minutes if I remember,  but there were no characters nor clothing nor hair items to add to the calculations,  though there are plenty of meshlights.  My main 3D-modelling computer is still just an i5 8 gig rig and the 3DL renders were pretty quick on it.    

I have an AMD rig myself and it works fine for most things although I recently had to increase my memory because I maxed it out on a render and kept crashing DS.  Unfortunately, I put it together a few months before the beta version with Iray came out or I might have considered getting an Nvidia card.  Anyway, I'll post and show you what I did when it finally finishes.

edit: grammar!

Post edited by Knittingmommy on
    edited February 2016

So, it took awhile, but so worth it.  I really like this set.  I would have played with DOF, but you have such a long hallway there isn't much need as it sort of does it automatically.  I may have to do a series of renders and fill out the story I made up to go with the image.  You really do amazing work, FB!  Thanks for filling my imagination.  Let us just hope that AntMan is okay with what I did to his poor Watch Dog.

Clicking on the image should go to the gallery page to see full size image.

Edit: fixed image link

The Access Hallway released today.   http://www.daz3d.com/secured-access-hallway

I've been working on a partial airport set,  the metal detector could happen as part of that.  Or as its own little separate scene. I'll see what I can do. 

Thanks for that. The tunnel looks great! I have needed this for over a year! Excellent. I look forward to using it. It looks great! Oh, I said that already.

Thanks so much. Maybe you can farm out the metal detector to The Antfarm. He does great one-off props.

• So, it took awhile, but so worth it.  I really like this set.  I would have played with DOF, but you have such a long hallway there isn't much need as it sort of does it automatically.  I may have to do a series of renders and fill out the story I made up to go with the image.  You really do amazing work, FB!  Thanks for filling my imagination.  Let us just hope that AntMan is okay with what I did to his poor Watch Dog.

I like it!  Those are some scary looking guys,  I hope she's not in too much trouble. Her expression has just the right level of apprehension. Nice bit of storytelling.  

• The Access Hallway released today.   http://www.daz3d.com/secured-access-hallway

Thanks for that. The tunnel looks great! I have needed this for over a year! Excellent. I look forward to using it. It looks great! Oh, I said that already.

Thanks so much. Maybe you can farm out the metal detector to The Antfarm. He does great one-off props.

AntFarm does great work. I'm sure if he decided to make one it would look awesome.  I've done a few sketches and some research so I'll take a crack at it. 

• So, it took awhile, but so worth it.  I really like this set.  I would have played with DOF, but you have such a long hallway there isn't much need as it sort of does it automatically.  I may have to do a series of renders and fill out the story I made up to go with the image.  You really do amazing work, FB!  Thanks for filling my imagination.  Let us just hope that AntMan is okay with what I did to his poor Watch Dog.

I like it!  Those are some scary looking guys,  I hope she's not in too much trouble. Her expression has just the right level of apprehension. Nice bit of storytelling.  

Thanks.  I like playing with the spin dials and seeing what unique characters I can create.  I did that with the two males.  I'm a writer so the storytelling is easier for me than the art.  But, I'm getting better at using DS.  It helps when there are great assets like the Hallways and Watch Dog with which to play.

AntFarm does great work. I'm sure if he decided to make one it would look awesome.  I've done a few sketches and some research so I'll take a crack at it. 

Good to hear. I greedily look forward to your upcoming releases.

edited February 2016

Divided Highway coming soon  For Daz Studio  3DL and Iradium

Clicking on the image should go to the gallery page to see full size image.

Edit: fixed image link

Great render! One thing that helps in Iray when doing interior renders is to hide the walls, ceiling and/or floor if they are not visible in your render. Basically, the less enclosed the area, the faster Iray will render. A lot of times in closeups I've had everything except the wall right behind the figures hidden. It does cause some lighting issues at times, if you have, say an HDRI with a lot of directional lighting, but it will vastly speed up your renders.

Divided Highway coming soon  For Daz Studio  3DL and Iradium

Yes! This product is  also looooonnnnnng overdue. I was hoping someone would make a quality one. There is a poor quality set at another store. I see that the tiling for the pavement does not line up the yellow lines exactly. Is there any way you can remedy that before release? Great work! Thank you again. Take my money please.

edited February 2016

Ooh! I saw your render in your Day in the Year of a Life - Gallery thread where I lurk often and thought, "I hope this is something he plans to put up for sale!"  A set like this is definitely needed and I have plans to put it straight into my library!  Does the overpass have a road texture too for shots or is it strictly for show from below?  Either way, it looks like a great set!  I keep imagining what it would look like with a rush hour scene and I'm wondering if I have enough enough cars.

edit: fixed the actual name of FB's thread in the Art Studio

• Great render! One thing that helps in Iray when doing interior renders is to hide the walls, ceiling and/or floor if they are not visible in your render. Basically, the less enclosed the area, the faster Iray will render. A lot of times in closeups I've had everything except the wall right behind the figures hidden. It does cause some lighting issues at times, if you have, say an HDRI with a lot of directional lighting, but it will vastly speed up your renders.

Thanks for the complement.  Yes, I probably should have played with it more to see what I could turn off, off camera, to help speed things up, but I was so excited to play with it, I just got right to it.  I just let it keep rendering.  It did turn out really well.  It is an amazing set and I'll be doing some more with it in the future so I'm sure I will come to know it intimately.

• FirstBastion, that highway actually looks realistic like that; my suggestion would be for multiple texture sets for varying degrees of roadway wear and weathering. That way, the folks that want a perfect road can have it, and those that want more realism can have it too.

edited February 2016

Tunnel Traffic Available now. 

https://www.daz3d.com/tunnel-traffic

tunneltraffic-1stBastion.jpg
    800 x 1040 - 586K
  • Yep, already downloaded.

•  Does the overpass have a road texture too for shots or is it strictly for show from below? 

The overpasses do have a road texture on them and theres a small concrete side walk on either side,  so you could take a pic from above looking down.  If I remember,  theres a promo from that angle. 

• Perfect!

• Quick pic of the tunnel as a location in a movie shoot based on a video game set in a city of your choosing... time to save the world