FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,184

An Abandoned Mine

Exterior environment for DAZ Studio 4.6+

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,184
    edited December 1969

Secluded Shoreline

All promos are DAZ Studio renders with the included promo lightset.

http://www.daz3d.com/secluded-shoreline

main_secluded-shore-line-daz3d.jpg
    800 x 1040 - 669K
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,551
    edited December 1969

This is amazing! I'm certainly going to pick this one up. It has good sci-fi application, and I like the additional fog camera.

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

You did a great job on this, FirstBastion. I recently bought two of your sets when I was doing promos for the Navy uniform and zombie pack. This one would have been great for that :(

• Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

Secluded Shoreline

All promos are DAZ Studio renders with the included promo lightset.

http://www.daz3d.com/secluded-shoreline

Grabbed it first thing this morning. Love your work! I even grabbed the speed boat as it's on sale for $1.99!

• devineydesigns LLC.devineydesigns LLC. Posts: 141
    edited December 1969

Beautiful work on this last piece, lov the rocks, u-rock!

edited December 1969

Does the mine have an interior? I think one thing I haven't seen you do is an interiors cave set.

edited December 1969

Thank you all for the encouraging comments! Looking forward to seeing these, get put to good use.

Serene, the mine is primarily an exterior environment with surrounding hills, and slag pit etc. Lots of rocks, lots of polygons. Since we always need to think how the environment will load once a few fully clothed genesis models are added, I made a separate load for a stretch of interior track, to help give the option of the classic "side view" of the mine tunnel. It is included. But the interior scene of the mine may be ready by the fall. The question is, do I give it a bit of, minecart - rollercoaster action?

Now the caves, funny you should mention that, I've been thinking about caves, there should be at least two completely different types of cave scenes available by the summer.

16_secluded-shore-line-walk-daz3d.jpg
    800 x 1040 - 505K
  • ogimusogimus Posts: 39
    edited December 1969

Secluded shoreline is perfect for a scene I have been working on. I'd used a mish mash to accomplish what I want but this solves the issue in one swell foop.

Thanks for another great scene Firstbastion.

edited December 1969

I love the idea of caves. I'm glad you are pursuing that. There would be tons of application from science-fiction adventure scenes. *cough* To Dungeon crawls.

I tend to enjoy rendering tunnel views for some reason, but a cavern at the end of the tunnel with perhaps a bit of water? oh man. That would be so very nice.

Whatever you do, I'm sure it will be exciting. =-)

Oh and stalagmites and stalactites? With that neat fog camera rolling in. Priceless...

Now this new set of yours... Have you ever considered a render with a dinosaur. It looks like it could use a dino floating off shore. =-)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,667
    edited December 1969

my dwarves etc need interior mines too so that would be a great add on, rollercoaster action a must!
    I would not load both at once anyway if making a video even

edited December 1969

I took the secluded shoreline and did a bit of a "mash it up" with Walk Across Water.

secludedwalkacross.jpg
    1100 x 825 - 469K
    edited December 1969

Clever!

edited December 1969

Clever!

Always liked doing these kind of mash it ups. I basically hid the sandy beach from the shore line, but left the rock outcrops to pop out on the walk across water terrain, and nudged the cliff tight to the inclined, and then used this new Shoreline water plane, (which is easily my favorite water I've made to date for DAZ Studio) Just really like how it interacts with the skydome and reflections.

I always thought usefulness is worthwhile for artists to explore possibilities. Almost all of my sets have some individual component building blocks that can be torn apart, moved, repositioned, and used separately with each other or tossed into other sets completely. Not quite a lego set, but hopefully enough versatility to trigger some creative outside the original box visuals,

In this image, I placeed the central part of the Ridgewalk with the CaveWater entrance against the Secluded Shoreline.

cavecovecinema1000.jpg
    1000 x 831 - 675K
    edited December 1969

Wow. this is a amazing. Looks so real. Love the light coming from the cave and the way the pennants from ridge walk add a piratical feel to the whole scene.

edited December 1969

A little wider image of the abandoned mine. Perfect place for the Little Explorers to discover it at some point.

3-little-explorer-twins-daz3d.jpg
    1100 x 825 - 499K
    02-abandoned-mine-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 540 - 485K
    edited June 2015

Here's a little interesting tidbit, the Little Explorers magnifying glass actually magnifies during renders.

11-Little-Explorers-Twins-magnify-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 850 - 425K
    Post edited by FirstBastion on
    edited December 1969

View from inside the mine entrance tunnel track.

04-abandoned-mine-daz3d_copy.jpg
    1000 x 540 - 365K
  • Aston BrennenAston Brennen Posts: 12
    edited December 1969

Clever!

I always thought usefulness is worthwhile for artists to explore possibilities. Almost all of my sets have some individual component building blocks that can be torn apart, moved, repositioned, and used separately with each other or tossed into other sets completely. Not quite a lego set, but hopefully enough versatility to trigger some creative outside the original box visuals,

In this image, I placeed the central part of the Ridgewalk with the CaveWater entrance against the Secluded Shoreline.

Not just worthwhile. Mandatory, for those of us doing sequential art.
    Just like doors that open so our characters can walk through them.
    You make sets that a character can walk through whether interior or exterior.
    All your work is must have for me.

edited June 2015

Thanks Aston, I definitely try to make stuff useful for story telling purposes. Do you have a link to the some of your sequential art ?

As mentioned before, the tunnel image above is included in the main exterior Abandoned mine, but I thought it would be beneficial to have a separate partial interior that load on its own for the more sideways view. A little bit a value added usefulness. It's included as a bonus. It's similar to what I did for the Dungeon Entrance, that way it could have it's own dedicated interior light set. Still dark in there though.

14-abandoned-mine-interior-daz3d.jpg
    1100 x 950 - 507K
  • Aston BrennenAston Brennen Posts: 12
    edited December 1969

Not yet. But I'm working furiously in my little cave. :-)

edited June 2015

Just a quick note, I'm going to be retiring The Old Waterhole and The Hidden Waterfalls very soon. They're both five years old. It's been mentioned a few times on the forums that people might like getting the heads up information on these removals/retirements. So now we know. And yes there is a new environment sett coming soon to replace them.

edited June 2015

There's a whole bunch of promo images to look at now.

http://www.daz3d.com/an-abandoned-mine

10-abandoned-mine-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 457K
    edited December 1969

There's a new full body morphs for Genesis 2 male and female coming soon by 3djoji called the Little Twins. There's more info here. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/56948/

I thought they looked fantastic and potentially a very versatile addition to the Genesis2 gene pool, and decided to support the release with a smartprops and poses set that works with the Twins. Little Explorers. Binoculars, unfolded map, compass, magnifying glass are also regular props too, and load separately as well as tabletop clutter. Keep an eye out. Coming soon.

10-little-explorer-twins-daz3dbrite.jpg
    1100 x 825 - 539K
    8-little-explorer-twins-daz3d.jpg
    1100 x 825 - 446K
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited December 1969

That magnifying glass looks amazing.

edited December 1969

New interior shooting range coming soon.

00-main-indoor-gun-firing-range-daz3d.jpg
    350 x 455 - 44K
  • NagraNagra Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

Just a quick note, I'm going to be retiring The Old Waterhole and The Hidden Waterfalls very soon. They're both five years old. It's been mentioned a few times on the forums that people might like getting the heads up information on these removals/retirements. So now we know. And yes there is a new environment sett coming soon to replace them.

And let me guess, it will be DS only... have a nice day.

edited June 2015

.. have a nice day.

You too, Thanks!

It has arrived.

http://www.daz3d.com/indoor-gun-firing-range

The set also includes the sound dampening ear muffs both as regular props and smartprops for the various Genesis figures.

08-indoor-gun-firing-range-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 167K
    edited December 1969

Some of the targets have bullet holes.

01-gun-Firing_Range_daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 540 - 373K
    edited December 1969

New 1st Bastion Wilderness Two Creeks

Coming soon.

11wilderness-two-creeks-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 423K
    1stBastions-WildernessTwoCreeks.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 522K
    edited June 2015

These images show the Firing Range with the fences removed and then wide open. And yes the floor does angle downward. It's a fairly long space, that is a standard G2F at the far end.

openoptions.jpg
    700 x 784 - 306K