just playing around . .  dialed a new G3F

getting too paranoid to add lights

G3F D 001.jpg
    1100 x 1097 - 133K
    Post edited by XaatXuun on
  • XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 871
    edited February 2016

My first IRAY

there were some practice attempts, but I was doing something wrong, this iis reallyy the first not doing anything wrong

G3F

Gonna title this one

I don't know whaT I'm doing    (and it's true too)frown

my first IRAY.jpg
    1008 x 878 - 233K
    edited February 2016

played with it one more time before I hit the hay

here be the second IRAY

still don't know what I am doing, just moving sliders and seeing what the result turns up

don't know  why, but the resolution values I was typing in, would not stick to what I wanted, maybe after some rest  I can see what I was not figuring out

mysecond IRAY.jpg
    880 x 878 - 238K
    edited February 2016

needed to uninstall what  I had and installing again

in the mean time,  I created an Odd Couple smiley

I thinnk I am going to like IRAY, after I figure how to work it, and have some content to try it more

trying it 001.jpg
    743 x 878 - 251K
    edited February 2016

Nevada

G3F with some morph dials

after getting a moment on the new machine, not so easy playing on the old, but  it's the only one I can use for DS Till I figure a way getting it installed on the new

meant to post this last night

Nevada 006.jpg
    1000 x 1029 - 304K
    Nevada 007.jpg
    1000 x 1029 - 272K
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

WOW is all I can say about all the great renders here Xaat!!! You sure have a knack for getting the results you want!!!

WOW is all I can say about all the great renders here Xaat!!! You sure have a knack for getting the results you want!!!

thank you,  very limited to what I can do, so that made me happy reading that

well now I have more to work with, finally got DS installed whree it's supposed to be,  now installing content

edited February 2016

this here is basically all I have installed to try a test render, no clothes yet, but I'm sure I meet the rules to post it

finally have 4.9 installed, had to go totally manual install with everything,  but, just before I started this render I tried DAZ connect, and that worked out  . . unlike DIM now days installing in the wrong drive. Since DAZ connect works out for me, I'n not going to bother installing DIM. I didn't like the idea I had to use Smart Content to install my products, nor where I have to go to use it (I still have preference  to use "My Library").  I'm sure I'll adjust, it'll be learning  on how to install 3rd party content.

but here be  the first render after a proper install,  took 50m 23s to render.

I really need to learn how to make the lighting to work in Iray.  I don't like reading, but guess I'll need to to speed up  (catch up) with lighting in Iray

also resolution size in Iray, I couldn't find how to do that in Iray

1st Scene test 001.jpg
    806 x 878 - 586K

Sexyyy render for sure I am glad you are getting your daz wored out for the better Xaat, I don't like DIM either but that is how I got most of my stuff from daz :D

Keep knocking them out Xaat you doing an amazing job!!!

edited February 2016

Thanks @Saphirewild

this one I did  some experimenting , one  of those . . lets see what this does

seems like too much light . . errr or too bright . . yeah I saw what it does, but forgot what I did

the skirt, . .   yeah that skirt obviously not Iray Material, well neither is the westside blush

it's practice 001.jpg
    1200 x 1224 - 743K
    edited February 2016

still loading content,  after I get the Content I can really have more fun

I really need to work on those lights in Iray

okay one in Iray and the other in 3DL, you can see I need to learn a lot more how to use Iray blush  and yes I did change tops between the Renders

Render practice 001.jpg
    1400 x 1428 - 781K
    Render practice 002 3DL.jpg
    1400 x 1428 - 1M
    edited February 2016

just finished getting Genesis2 Staarter essintials loaded, so Added G2F to the scene

This is sooooooOOOooo cool, that render, on the old machine, if it didn't crash . . would had taken 5-6 hours to render, on this machine 54secs

oh and this was 3DL render

I only have a couple morph dials for Genesis 2, and none are loaded yet, so that's just a plain G2F added

Render practice 003 3DL.jpg
    1400 x 1428 - 1M
    edited February 2016

was not going to post it,  but I do like sharing

I think the scene used here  would had been better in 3DL,

the one thing I see that is tougher with G3F, is dialiing in the Height. I used the morph dials I bought, but had to use one from growing up as well,  to get the height down to 5'6". may not be so tough  if I didn't dial in longer legs

just another new G3F dialed in on the new machine, untill I get all the morphs loaded, I'm holding off transfering the  saved ones from the old machine

was trying a different face shape look

G3F Player 004.jpg
    1400 x 1428 - 1M
    edited February 2016

got my First crash on my first attempt of rendering G3F C

but that was me also doing something else at the same time, but first crash all the same

So here is new  G3F 'C'

I only have the head work done, nothing on the body, which kind of explains just a head shot, and nothing for Background

the expression may not look right, when it's your first time for that kind of expression, it feels very tedious , and using a mirror didn't help much (Probably the beard cheeky)

G3F C 001.jpg
    1400 x 1428 - 817K
    edited February 2016

dialed in a Body  for G3F 'C'

everything was fine, except for a rib, well I just show her with a shirt on to cover it.

Then I had to scale down the height, to get her down to 66" (5'6"), and that kinda  messed things up, most parts no longer looked right.

Petite seems not to be a G3F thing angry . .  I'll keep working on it, will  most likely need to toss out the idea of a Fit Petite G3F, and this  one (G3F C), is not actually Petite She's just 5'6"and fit

G3F C 002.jpg
    1400 x 1428 - 989K
    edited February 2016

learning how to adjust the sun to get the right outdoor lighting. man that took me a while to get somewhat I was aiming for, if there was a compass I didn't see one, so guessing was all I could do, and there were many guesses till I reached this one

The shelter was the only  thing I have to practice such, and I've no winter clothes loaded, this  is the G3F B character I have created, using Growing up young teen preset

G3F B 002.jpg
    1400 x 1428 - 1M
    edited February 2016

did this quick, just to show off Galene Hair

with a $10 coupon for using DAZ-Connect, I couldn't pass  that up, I still had some store credit

So just used Summer for Victoria 7, and the Vigilante Outfit 

and the pose came from i13 Sexy Model Poses for Victoria 7  .  adjusment to neck and head

and yup it's Iray added camera so I can have that focus just on Summer

Galene Hair 001.jpg
    1400 x 1398 - 1M
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

XaatXuun,

I did a post a week ago to help some gals who were trying to learn some basic ins and outs with Iray lighting. The link in my signature isn't working for some reason, but if you use it, you'll go to a biplane post-scroll down from there and you'll see the basics. Let me try to highlight it for you-

In Render Settings>Tone Mapping, the sliders aren't like other sliders. When you move one, you move two. Film ISO to the right makes your scene lighter (we are avoiding technical terms on purpose) but that also moves Exposure Value, which when it goes to the right, darkens. My workflow is:

Put Film ISO to 115-125 to start. (I usually stay under 200.) Since that moved Exposure Value, go put that to about 13.85. Note it moved the Shutter Speed, but that's okay, they do the same thing so far as light/dark goes when the sliders are moved. Leave Shutter Speed alone, you can play with it later. 

Next, go to Environment (still in Render Settings) and if you want to lighten your scene go Environment Intensiy 1.05 (test) 1.10 (test) etc. Move that up by .05 at a time. I go no higher than 1.15 then I go back and increase my ISO and repeat the cycle between changing the ISO and Exposure Value, back and forth. 

While in Tone Mapping (after you did ISO>Exp. Value>Environment Intensity>ISO>Exp.Value (don't go back to Environment Intensity if you have it up to 1.10, just do ISO and Exp.Value.)  Here's a tip: 

In Tone Mapping, Burn Highlights should go down to about .15 if you have white, glaring objects. The higher the number, the more hard circled your glare gets. So you want a lower number. Crush Blacks, think of as a type of contrast. Turn it up to .25-.40 to get some good shadows going. That is good for brightly lit scenes. If you have dark scenes, put that Crush Blacks down to .15 or so.  These, in combination with Film Iso, Exposure Value, and Environment Intensity, are how you can get going FAST with Iray. This is all using the default Iray settings when you open Studio, the Dome and Scene, default HDRI map.

So let's also quickly cover how to move your light- that is Dome Orientation Y. Put it at 210 to 240 for good side lighting. There you go! Do check out the other tips on my thread in that lighting section, but basically if you have a white piece of clothing that is glaring, go into Surfaces and change the Diffuse color to a light gray and it will show white with the sun on it, but you'll have better shadows. Have fun!

Cathie

edited February 2016
    Novica said:

XaatXuun,

I did a post a week ago to help some gals who were trying to learn some basic ins and outs with Iray lighting. The link in my signature isn't working for some reason, but if you use it, you'll go to a biplane post-scroll down from there and you'll see the basics. Let me try to highlight it for you-

yes I clicked it the other day and found it, but I was already crossed eyed at that point and meant to go back after some rest

Novica said:

So let's also quickly cover how to move your light- that is Dome Orientation Y. Put it at 210 to 240 for good side lighting. There you go! Do check out the other tips on my thread in that lighting section, but basically if you have a white piece of clothing that is glaring, go into Surfaces and change the Diffuse color to a light gray and it will show white with the sun on it, but you'll have better shadows. Have fun!

Cathie

when I use that dial, it only goes to 180, or -180.  I learned this when I typed in the value at 200, it just went to 180

Correction needs to be mentioned, that 180 and -180, was  in the Sun Sky one, not in the dome, the dome worked as you said

I just don't know where 0 starts at . . wait that didn't come out right, I do know where 0 is, I just don't know which way is 0. For the  render with the Shelter, I think I had it at -170, which miight be 200

I'll play with it again, after I peek at your tutorial again

Thank you

edited February 2016

been playing with the settings since that post and need a break.

this is the point I reached, still need some playing to do, to get something I like,   and what I can do

render practice 001.jpg
    1400 x 1398 - 1M
    edited February 2016

just playing, and practicing with Iray Settings, did dial in another G3F 'F' ... hope  I get one dialed in I like before I run out of alphabet  to use cheeky

Asian head 013.jpg
    1400 x 1398 - 532K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

You're getting good midtones and shadows- looks very nice!  I like the light coming from the side too. 

Thank you

there is a lot of test renders, and experimenting

Basically I start with what you mentioned to do, then I go from there, sometimes I find me going from one extreme  to another . Now I wished I remembered what I learned in Photography class 30+ years ago, instead of forgetting everything. That sure would  had helped

On that last bit of rendering, I did change the White point color, to change the skin tone, tho that did change some other's as well, took me 3 different attempts to get the effect I was looking for, so feel lucky there

I still have a long ways to go, I like the results I'm getting  now, coming out much better after your help

edited February 2016

doing this scene in 3Delight first, so wrong mats on that shirt.

now that I have a machine that can play with DS, I get to try things I have always been wanting to try, I get to go beyond just a portrait render . . Yay

okay,  uhm . . I'm going for a dark scene, there will be more players in the scene, later

I want to get it done in 3Delight, since I'm most familiar with lighting in 3DL, then once I have what I want then will be asking for help getting the same effect in IRAY

I'm at this point for now, need to take a break,  got some games I need to get some dailies done before server resets wink 

Bounty huntresses 003.jpg
    1400 x 1398 - 458K
  • LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

Nice renders. I looked at some of your earlier posts too. I can see the difference and improvement in them, so cool. Thanks for your help too. :)

Thank you Liana

just found out why my measure metrics wasn't working . . it's a plug in that needed a serial number, which I have just didn't know I was needed to put it in

now just need to get some of those saved models from the other machine moved over to this one.

I checked one of my earlier models I dialed in . . sheesh she has a bigger chest circumference then me or of any man, and she was meant to be smaller, close to petite, but not quite petite

at least the last G3F I dialed (in that latest render I posted) is closer to the measurements I'm always trying to dial in,  it's just her height that's not right, but when I did her I wasn't considering height at the time

I still need to learn how to use it,  got excited after getting the working pane for it, and getting to see what the measurements are, and wanted to post my excitement . .

what I'm meaning to say, I still need to learn how to use it other then seeing my final guessing results are

okay back in DS I go

edited February 2016

okay  have  for the most part Fugure metrics figured out.

this was my first one G3F

only did height, bust, underbust, waist, hip, and inseam,  worked out nicely .. I'll toy with it later, but first impression of my results are well liked, I can later fine tune shape, after I get a basic size which I like the most about using  figure/measure metrics

mostly for seeing what I can do, and  seeing results, H66"  34-24-34, 34"inseam

Figuree metrics test 001.jpg
    1400 x 1397 - 836K
    edited February 2016

did a little more work on the bounty hunters,

the short one is supposed to be more Emo looking,, I need to work on that, and the pose too, starting to get tired, and wanted a render, and this is what you get to see in this WIP Scene

(The Short One) named her G3F Petite,  I did the shape dials before measure metrics to finalize the size . . I was off just by a inch, measure metrics had her at 5'3", I was shooting for 5'2", bust waist hips were pretty much dead on . .toot toot yeah I just tooted cheeky my own horn, her inseam was 2" shorter then I was wanting, so figure metrics did the height and inseam correction for me

I don't have any mini-gun holding poses, so working from scratch there, still more work to be done there

decided to render in Iray, I left the one spot light and fill light on, was too lazy to adjust or turn 'em off

Bounty hunters 001.jpg
    1400 x 1397 - 1M

Nice job so far with the bounty hunters Xaat!!!