The Dragon Ate My Complaint Thread

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    That's a good idea.. I'll give it a go! Thankyou :) - I'm kinda thinking that the 'sun' light is working well with the set (environment) but not too well on the people. It appears far too bright on the kid (Although) maybe I need to adjust the settings on the clothing and props. While the shadows too are good on the environment but a little tacky on the people aswell.

I've got really good at lights in character only renders (Studio style) but in a full scene, things are much more complicated.

You only need to light what is in the frame. rolloff from a point light tends to bring out the best in good textures, handy for detail which is what you need to provide alongside the single global light you will surely use when you get used to lighting for wider framing. :)

• FyredrygyonFyredrygyon Posts: 763
    edited December 1969

Morning. Can't speak long cause we're almost ready to head out the door for work but I just have to give my complaints out.

I hate plain cheerios, it tastes like cardboard to me....
    I ran out of cinnamon burst cheerios
    It rained last night and I didn't get to see it (first rain we've had in three months)

Ok, off to work

edited December 1969

I'm getting used to rain. It sure was fun watching a 30 second storm in the street today, thunder, lightning, hailstones the whole nine yards in under a minute :)

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Spyro said:
    That's a good idea.. I'll give it a go! Thankyou :) - I'm kinda thinking that the 'sun' light is working well with the set (environment) but not too well on the people. It appears far too bright on the kid (Although) maybe I need to adjust the settings on the clothing and props. While the shadows too are good on the environment but a little tacky on the people aswell.

I've got really good at lights in character only renders (Studio style) but in a full scene, things are much more complicated.

You only need to light what is in the frame. rolloff from a point light tends to bring out the best in good textures, handy for detail which is what you need to provide alongside the single global light you will surely use when you get used to lighting for wider framing. :)

Thanks so much for your advice, it's much appreciated! You never stop learning in the 3D world lol!

edited December 1969

Strip all the shaders from all the surfaces in a copy of your scene, turn all the speculars down or off and light that, save the lights as a preset and import the preset to your original scene. You'll see what the shaders and textures are and aren't contributing straightaway ;)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Thanks Skiri for the insights. :)

i need to learn how to work-up pathologies for my characters' profiles.

edited December 1969

doh. there's a dinoraul sale going. i really want this critter http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/darwiniusdr/94610 and there's a few tree sets. but, what if i spend my shark attack money and then shark attack hits the pa sale. but what if shark attack never hits the pa sale, i don't think every single vendor has a pa day. ... ... darwiniusdr is cuter than the sharks.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Thanks Skiri for the insights. :)

i need to learn how to work-up pathologies for my characters' profiles.

No prob. It can be pretty difficult to portray, but the high feels very much like high-carbonated soda bubbling on the surface of your brain (If you want to physically experience it: moisten your hand lightly, rub your skin with something fine-grained, like a bit of sugar, so it just clings there, and then pour some Coca-Cola over it). Whereas the down feels like that forgotten, burnt crud at the bottom of an iron pot which refuses to go away (Even easier to test...). And it smells bad and makes you feel bad.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited December 1969

@Jungle scene: Could use a biguana walking beside them :3
    With a saddle and all XD

edited December 1969

The world needs moar biguana's :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

Spyro said:
    Skiriki... For a sunrise in a large forest set (hyperthetically) how many lights would you use to get a realistic look?

I'm working on my jungle scene... progress renders are in the PC forum in the PC-All renders thread. Heres a more recent render... (atm I got two distant lights... 1 is the 'sun' set at like 160% The seccond is a 30% one... As you can see, It has some issues with the characters.)

My man you should have saved a few bucks and Snapped up Dimension Therories Cloud Nine set for DAZ yesterday. They are fantastic for for this use.

EDIT: Just checked, still on sale today, I would if you could. Great set.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Today sucks. :down:

I'm sleep deprived, been having an impossible time staying asleep at night. I feel horrible, chills, no appetite yet my body temp is good and my blood sugar is reasonable. My left toot hurts but it appears to be mechanical (pulled/twisted/etc.) and I've managed to pull my knee as well. AND I should see the doc to get it looked at but I'm not loaded with $$$ as there was no Payday this week due to last weeks vacation.

Next time, I save up a carpload of money! :-S

Forcing myself to eat is no fun, but my blood glucose is down to 87 and that means lunch time. I managed to get down some Brussel Sprouts and a few spoons of meat from the chili but that's not going to cut it, I suspect. :down:

I'm calling the doc anyway, just in case I have enough in the bank to cover an office visit. Ugh. Well, next Thursday is Payday...

edited December 1969

owww been on my feets all morning, sorting paper and plastics for the recyclings pick-up
    ow oww owww

edited December 1969

owww been on my feets all morning, sorting paper and plastics for the recyclings pick-up
    ow oww owww

Owwww! I hope your feets get happier - unhappy feets are bad! :down:

edited December 1969

Proof:

Grumpy_Feet.jpg
    500 x 384 - 34K
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Proof:

Yep - grumpy feet make EVERYTHING grumpy! :snake: :snake:

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Proof:

Yep - grumpy feet make EVERYTHING grumpy! :snake: :snake:

lol feets and toesies not happy.

they released more pics of the NCIS season premiere. Mcgee isn't in any of the pics. wahhh. but they showed Duckie in a hospital, so looks like he made it. but McGee - where be McGee?

edited September 2012

Value-added grouches:

- Gonna need a home blood pressure cuff if I want to get off the Lisinopril
    - Cut my caffiene WAY back to help BP and blood sugar, now have withdrawal symptoms
    - Soonest the doc can see me is next Friday, so if things get ugly it's ER time
    - Feel chilly and shaky
    - BG down to 88 again, time for some Fritos
    - Fake crabmeat is super high in sugar, no WONDER my BG hit 168 :ahhh:
    - Meh.

Non-complaints:

- Might get to DJ for a Web radio station! :coolsmile:
    - Fridge at home full of food
    - I love herbal tea!

Today's BG answer: peanut butter crackers! 3G of sugar in the mess, 23g of carb (about right) and some protein from the peanut butter. And tasty! Should tide me over until I can get home and make a burger and some black bean salad. :coolsmile: Weird how some junk foods aren't as bad as they could be. I'd have a granola bar but those are too high sugar and only for emergencies.

Post edited by Woolyloach on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    I am coughing a bunch right now.

*pat pat pat* here, have a glass of water and a cupcake :)

Problem is that I hate the tap water in the home. I am told it is filtered, but it does not taste good. If my water does not taste good then I will not drink it as often as I should. If I do not like the taste of the water I do not drink it.

during the last month of me living in Richmond, I was not drinking enough water and got myself so dehydrated that when I went to a doctor's visit and had blood taken for blood work, the nurse had difficulty getting blood. Mum was with me during that visit and that worried her. while I was living with until I could get into this home, Mum tried to make sure I had enough water.

Tomorrow I will buy a big pack of bottled water and probably get one each week to make sure I stay hydrated.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Proof:

I liked Happy Feet and Happy Feet two because I like penguins.

I do like Finding Nemo, because I like aquarium fish, but some of the things that happened to Nemo should have killed him. Also if I get this right, after Mum died, Dad will become a female as that is what happens to male clown fish. Also I think they tend to live in schools or something like that in the wild. I read once the queen (not sure if that is the right term) dies, the top male becomes female and takes her place.

A lot of the things in that movie is impossible in real life. Sharks will not feel guilty for eating smaller fish. Big fish eat little fish. have a tank with an Oscar and some goldfish and you will end up with just one happy Oscar. That is why one does not put fancy goldfish in the same tank as an Oscar.

cute movie but there are problems with it.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

- Feel chilly and shaky
    - BG down to 88 again, time for some Fritos
    Wooly, I live with a Diabetic, for some one who is trying to control their BG that is a low reading if your normal is Much higher than that. The Chill's and Shakes are your body telling you it's to low right now. You can not Drop from your normal numbers to those lows that are good for you over night, it takes months to do it so that it is stable at the lower numbers. Try to slowly bring your number down not do it in one swift change. As long as your BODY handles it it's fine, to much to soon is almost as bad as the High numbers.

For the LOW numbers this was what we were told to do (Chill's & Shakes), drink 1 normal 6oz glass of Orange Juice. Only do it once per day IF (and only IF) needed. This is straight from the mouth of the Doctor at UAB Hospital in Birmingham Alabama. One of the TOP hospitals in the USA not just the South East.

I do not like reading about you getting that symptom of VERY low (for now) BG.

JEFF!
    edited December 1969

Someone kick me so I have to stop procrastinating and shamble to shower and then to bed.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

I like cupcakes but I cannot eat them too often or I will either get fatter or get tired of them or both.

edited December 1969

I am deleting a bunch of daz installers that I do not need anymore. i do not use them anyway as I would download them again from Daz. those installers were just taking up space on my hdd and I was just ignoring them.

edited December 1969

with the way my computer is set up now, it says "Exterminate!" whenever I empty my recycling bin. Of course it says it in the only way "Exterminate!" should be said.

I also am keep trying to delete the wrong folders. I think I am download one certain folder when I am actually deleting the whole download folder or the desktop folder. I think the desktop folder is one that Windows needs. The download folder is where all my downloads are kept, and I mean all of them.

edited December 1969

Morning. Is a white rabbit kind of day, I'm late for everything so far :)

edited December 1969

I want to combine all my runtimes with stuff from Daz into one runtime. I am zipping up each runtime so that I can extract them all in the same spot. there are too many runtimes just for Daz which is just eating up hdd space and makes it harder to find stuff. I am trying to last until i can afford to get a second hdd which means I have to clear up space by deleting things that are not needed on this computer.

edited December 1969

Today sucks. :down:

I'm sleep deprived, been having an impossible time staying asleep at night. I feel horrible, chills, no appetite yet my body temp is good and my blood sugar is reasonable. My left toot hurts but it appears to be mechanical (pulled/twisted/etc.) and I've managed to pull my knee as well. AND I should see the doc to get it looked at but I'm not loaded with $$$ as there was no Payday this week due to last weeks vacation.

Next time, I save up a carpload of money! :-S

Forcing myself to eat is no fun, but my blood glucose is down to 87 and that means lunch time. I managed to get down some Brussel Sprouts and a few spoons of meat from the chili but that's not going to cut it, I suspect. :down:

I'm calling the doc anyway, just in case I have enough in the bank to cover an office visit. Ugh. Well, next Thursday is Payday...

Hoping you are feeling a little better by now :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

I like cupcakes but I cannot eat them too often or I will either get fatter or get tired of them or both.

but they are soooo sweet ;)

edited December 1969

Where on sharecg is nightcrawler?

This discussion has been closed.