The Dragon Ate My Complaint Thread

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

I completely dismantled all sets and fitted them together the way I wanted it to be.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I am trying to figure out what to do now. there are five residents. three of them are working. one of them has to go to a hospital for a shot. I am the fifth resident. I have not heard back from Wendy's yet. I could call Wendy's and see if there is any update. but I forgot the hiring manager's name. Also the interview was yesterday, so I am afraid it might not be enough time.
    Give it time. They should get back to you if you interviewed.
  • WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@fyre: Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! :coolsmile: :cheese:

Today's complaints:

- Need LOTS more sleep
    - Legs still sore
    - Stomach iffy
    - Crabbity as usual
    - Don't want to write software any more
    - No payday this week :ahhh:
    - Shoulders stiff

General observations:

- Music gear isn't actually cheaper than 3D stuff
    - Between 6:50Am and 7:15AM all the birds in Austin go to a meeting somewhere
    - Sleeping all day is a wonderful concept that, in practice, actually sucks
    - Writing is hard work but at LEAST it's not coding
    - I bet if I learned to write iOS (iPhone/iPad) apps I could make enough part-time to survive
    - Macs are NOT cheap, a Mac Mini good enough for iOS development is near $1000
    - iPads are not cheap either, even used ones if you can find 'em
    - Android development is cheaper but it pays less

Ok, I'm going to drink as much coffee as possible and try to convince myself that writing erotic romance for a living isn't the right thing to do. Aiieee! :bug: :bug:

edited December 1969

That's an interesting self observation Woolyloach lol

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

Strange things pass through my mind as I stare blankly at the screen, both here and at home, or stare blankly into space on the bus and at the us stops. Erm, I do stare blankly a lot I guess!

The mind rarely stops, it's quite annoying. :smirk:

I also brightly observe that setting up a small music studio will end up costing me about $4500, and over the past 5 years I've spent MORE than that on 2D/3D tools and content! D A Y U M! :ahhh:

Setting up for writing professionally has cost me, erm, about $500 so far, and will end up about $1500 once I get backup hardware and a pile of ISBNs. Cheap! :-S

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,679
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I am trying to figure out what to do now. there are five residents. three of them are working. one of them has to go to a hospital for a shot. I am the fifth resident. I have not heard back from Wendy's yet. I could call Wendy's and see if there is any update. but I forgot the hiring manager's name. Also the interview was yesterday, so I am afraid it might not be enough time.

the gm called me today and I came in to do paperwork. She gave me two shirts and a hat. I am supposed to come back Saturday at 8am.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,389
    edited December 1969

Alright I give up. Reached a SL of 17 and it estimates another 11 hours to reach 18. There's still some speckles and grain and part of the raptor seems to be blending into the background but OH WELL I'll just do my best to fix it in post.
    Second, I got an email advertisement from 3DTotal asking if I want to subscribe to 3DCreative magazine (As I had purchased a few issues a couple of months ago). Sounds pretty cool, and they're even offering a slight discount. What really made it appealing to me was they were throwing in a free video tutorial on compositing 3D elements into photographs and getting the lighting in both to match.
    Sadly, I don't know if I have the cash to do that right now. I think I do, but am not sure.
    Anyway, will be uploading the image in a while.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

the gm called me today and I came in to do paperwork. She gave me two shirts and a hat. I am supposed to come back Saturday at 8am.YES!! Way to go. Great news, be a good listener and do things the way they want them done. Every boss is different be sure you listen and learn their way, even if you know the job. That always makes a better impression than just assuming your way is right.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

yayy. lunch time. i have a mini bucket of grapes, purple and green.

and frozen mac&cheez; in the freezer. mac&cheez; doesn't go with grapes, i should save it for tomorrow.

day 14, no sharks on sale yet. looks like i missed the Sensual hair day. hopefully catchup day will be the full fifty-percents. sometimes it's only 30.

how did i go from red wine with my dinner every night to gatorade fruit punch ??

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    I hear there is a very special figure coming to poser soon... that may be a very strong temptation to you poser users. Think he called Tyler or something like that, I looked at his promo, he's quite a well crafted figure. very realistic.

Tyler is a character for Ryan2 (poser9/12 figure),
    the way Anastasia is a character for Alyson2.

honestly though, i'm not too psyched about him.

i'd like a wm M4 or David3.

edited December 1969

I took some pictures of Rezca (teh dragon)'s soon-to-be-mate :3
    I haven't named her yet D:

IMG_1797.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 445K
    IMG_1795.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 486K
    IMG_1792.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 387K
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:

Strange things pass through my mind as I stare blankly at the screen, both here and at home, or stare blankly into space on the bus and at the us stops. Erm, I do stare blankly a lot I guess!

I also brightly observe that setting up a small music studio will end up costing me about $4500, and over the past 5 years I've spent MORE than that on 2D/3D tools and content! D A Y U M! :ahhh:

Setting up for writing professionally has cost me, erm, about $500 so far, and will end up about $1500 once I get backup hardware and a pile of ISBNs. Cheap! :-S

thaz big bucks :)

edited December 1969

i'm thinking of making one of my novel characters into a manic depressive. But, i have to do some research first, i have no idea how functional a manic depressive is in social settings.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    I took some pictures of Rezca (teh dragon)'s soon-to-be-mate :3
    I haven't named her yet D:

awww, cutey. i luv the tail pose.

my eggies all hatched. :)

hatchlings.jpg
    121 x 245 - 13K
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited September 2012

i'm thinking of making one of my novel characters into a manic depressive. But, i have to do some research first, i have no idea how functional a manic depressive is in social settings.

Speaking as mildly bipolar (on meds because of it)...

The highs freakin' rock. You can totally focus on thing X with all your attention and accomplish a lot! It feels good! Damn the world! You can do this! You can totally do everything! There's no door closed to you! Everyone is all smiles! Wheeeeee! You can stay up 23 hours a day and just do things! Life pulses in your veins like there's no tomorrow!

Then you come down from it, little by little. Thing X you were doing like a maniac for a while? Nyaaaaah, I'll get to it later. Definitely later.

And then you suddenly crash. Take a deep plunge. You suck. All you managed to do while on high sucked. Or maybe it didn't suck, but you didn't finish it, and now you should and you're feeling guilty and... oh god how you suck, and there's no out of it.

Then, without a warning after some time of wallowing in misery which is your head, mood escalates high and you're once again at the top of the world, ma'.

The waves aren't rapid, like "one hour high, then wallowing", unless you're a serious case. The build-up-crash can take a best of month, maybe two in a long-term case, or it can be measured in weeks.

At the moment my medication keeps highs reasonable, and crashes tolerable; as in, I don't sink into a complete pit of despair, and I won't work myself to early death while having a high. My mood is much more stable, which I regard as a huge improvement...

Edited to add: in my unmedicated state (which I steadfastly avoid these days), while having a high, I have a tendency to monomania. Whatever has caught my attention at that moment, is earning my full focus. I work on it like crazy. I detest interruptions during this phase, as I want it done before the high is over; I get irritable if I must leave thing X behind. In my medicated state I can deal with leaving thing X alone for a prolonged time, but I tend to get mildly fretful of doing so. This is not typical to a bipolar, but is a product of monomania.

Depressive state functions pretty much as usual normal depressive states do.

Post edited by Skiriki on
    edited December 1969

Art and design is what keeps me sane, for a similar reason... I got meds too

edited December 1969

Here's the 30 hour raptor XD
    I used the Dust and Scratches filter with a range of 1 pixel to remove a bit of the grain without it actually damaging the image :3

MxHall_raptor_s.jpg
    1269 x 1800 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:

thaz big bucks :)

Yeah lo, with a bit more investment I could actually start my own graphics and design company! I have to come up with a second source of income other than writing, which fluctuates a lot. Web graphics, book covert art, that kind of thing - doesn't pay a whole lot but if you get enough work it'd be a nice addition to selling cheap romantica novellas (heh). :snake:

If I cut back on chatting at night online, I free up incredible amounts of time. I accomplished amazing things in the music studio by NOT chatting every night, it made a real difference. If I quit chat I could go back to working in 3D art (argh lol argh). :ahhh:

Gotta think about what work I'll be doing when I finally burn out on coding! :ahhh:

edited December 1969

Because doing crazy random stuff like this is what I like~
    Same scene, different angle :3

1.jpg
    699 x 524 - 250K
    edited December 1969

I found the sims 3 game disc that I can use to play sims on my computer.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Is a little cool under a luminous grey sky today, perhaps it will be warmer later on :)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Check this out for a 30 sec render HA!!!!!!!!

Purty arcadian glowy sunlight reminds me of Dutch Golden Age paintings :)

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Oh this was that shirt I was talking about D:
    Far too basic, but it was my first test with cloth anyway DX

fashionable draggy ;)

edited December 1969

@fyre: Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! :coolsmile: :cheese:

Today's complaints:

- Need LOTS more sleep
    - Legs still sore
    - Stomach iffy
    - Crabbity as usual
    - Don't want to write software any more
    - No payday this week :ahhh:
    - Shoulders stiff

General observations:

- Music gear isn't actually cheaper than 3D stuff
    - Between 6:50Am and 7:15AM all the birds in Austin go to a meeting somewhere
    - Sleeping all day is a wonderful concept that, in practice, actually sucks
    - Writing is hard work but at LEAST it's not coding
    - I bet if I learned to write iOS (iPhone/iPad) apps I could make enough part-time to survive
    - Macs are NOT cheap, a Mac Mini good enough for iOS development is near $1000
    - iPads are not cheap either, even used ones if you can find 'em
    - Android development is cheaper but it pays less

Ok, I'm going to drink as much coffee as possible and try to convince myself that writing erotic romance for a living isn't the right thing to do. Aiieee! :bug: :bug:

MOre fun than writing iphone apps I bet ;) ps happy to be tester for apps if you want :)

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

the gm called me today and I came in to do paperwork. She gave me two shirts and a hat. I am supposed to come back Saturday at 8am.

great :)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Art and design is what keeps me sane, for a similar reason... I got meds too

Art and design drives me insane helllllpppppp :)

edited December 1969

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2-MztgPaOI
    Remix of Kaguya's theme 'Flight of the Bamboo Cutter ~ Lunatic Princess' from Touhou Project 8: Imperishable Night. Remix done by dBu.
    0:44 for awesomeness.
    1:50 for epic awesomeness.

I love this track so much X3

edited December 1969

played sims a bit tonight.

I need to play with genesis more often. maybe tomorrow night.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

So great! I'm dancing up and down with joy for you. :cheese:

edited December 1969

Falafel on a plastic tray for lunch today - whoah is warm and sunny where I'm sitting, but a few meters away in the shade ppl waiting at the tram stop are shivering in the cold wind - strange planet :)

This discussion has been closed.