The Dragon Ate My Complaint Thread

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    He does Shaders and some lights. You know about lights of course... Shaders are like a preset material that you load on say a figure, oftern it has different options, and the effects you can create with them are much brauder then the default shaders. One of OmniFreaks shaders is a dirty, gritty one, which alows you to make a character filthy with dirt and dust.

almost always roll my own shaders, presets are interesting if they save time but I guess the confusion for me is that the naming conventions don't seem to align with known renderman shader presets. But I'm often confused so doesn't mean a thing ;)

edited December 1969

whoa a sudden storm is sending people scurrying and holding bags and coats over heads. There must be some chaos theory that describes random get-out-of-the-rain paths individuals in a crowd take to shelter. Hey hail as well, and lightning, what a show !

edited December 1969

Rain hail thunder and lightning came and went, now the sun is breaking through some very dark clouds. Ah well back to work...

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

...bugger, reminder bot went AWOL again. Thirteen pages to catch up on.

Time for another pint of 'CatDog" and a Leela drop.

leela_and_momma_4-5.jpg
    800 x 800 - 453K
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Complaint: Decent (non-sl*t-wear) Tribal/Native American/Islander clothing for genesis is rather hard to come by!

Positive: The V4 and M4 Cheyenne outfits are quite nice, though I'd be much more confortable purchasing it if they were for V5 and M5. Transfer tool on Daz is much better, but does not always the best results :( especially shoes!

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Nice render! :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

..thank you

That is the first new pic I've done in like a month.

edited December 1969

Really?!? Geeze, you better get back into it... I've managed over a hundread in 3weeks... (Includeing test renders of course)

edited September 2012

Kyoto Kid said:

heh great and yes and ars usu juv anda and that's great practise by you KK ;)

likes.png
    100 x 100 - 6K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

brrrrrrrrrr got cold suddenly, time to go home :)

edited December 1969

meh is cold again but home now central heating is kicking in ;)

edited December 1969

So I was lookin around for some tribal approprate stuff... I came across textures at shareCG for Genesis Fantasy wrap... http://www.sharecg.com/v/59780/browse/11/Poser/3-textures-for-Fantasy-Wrap According to it's description The IS or WAS a genesis version of V4 Fantasy Wrap here on DAZ... Yet I cant find the genesis version. Does anyone know If the Genesis one exist/ed??

Here is the link to the V4 fantasy wrap http://www.daz3d.com/shop/fantasy-wrap-for-v4

edited December 1969

I saw that somewhere................ah yes one of these

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/classics-bundle-for-genesis

edited December 1969

Oh no... Damn it's a bundle only product :( I dont want the other stuff :-/ That's such a shame!

Thanks ps1borg for your help :)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

The Radiant Jaguar hair, though, is pretty good.

edited December 1969

Hello skiriki! Yeah there is good stuff in it!... I just cant afford to be buying stuff I dont require at this time, that's all.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Hello skiriki! Yeah there is good stuff in it!... I just cant afford to be buying stuff I dont require at this time, that's all.

*looks into her wallet, watches a moth fly out* I know that feeling.

Wilmap made some freebie non-skankwear Native American clothes for Genesis, available in ShareCG. Check 'em out?

edited December 1969

wolf drop

wlf1o5.jpg
    1900 x 795 - 228K
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

I have been told I have been coughing too much and I should get some cough drops.

edited December 1969

*whimper* Oh god. Please, please, let the catch-up sale happen only wwwaaaaaay after 21st of this month.

*looks at Luthbel's Cthulhu and whimpers more*

(My commission has not hit my PayPal yet, PayPal says it is available on 17th. Buggrit!)

Well, have a sample of what I've been up to.

Jareth_2-Ogres.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 387K
    edited December 1969

would rather drink water than ouch teeth with sweet stuff. Are you looking forward to work?

edited December 1969

Skiriki... For a sunrise in a large forest set (hyperthetically) how many lights would you use to get a realistic look?

I'm working on my jungle scene... progress renders are in the PC forum in the PC-All renders thread. Heres a more recent render... (atm I got two distant lights... 1 is the 'sun' set at like 160% The seccond is a 30% one... As you can see, It has some issues with the characters.)

Set_Test_8a_Light3_fog2_A6_Merged1.png
    1500 x 1464 - 3M
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    *whimper* Oh god. Please, please, let the catch-up sale happen only wwwaaaaaay after 21st of this month.

(My commission has not hit my PayPal yet, PayPal says it is available on 17th. Buggrit!)

wow real fearsome, uh oh look out behind you... :) In days gone past complainers have swapped GC's at sale time, but I can't figure out how to get the store to give one up...

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

OMG that is sooooo awesome!!!! Well done. I getting flashes of the game Soul Calibur. That is legendary :cheese:

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Skiriki... For a sunrise in a large forest set (hyperthetically) how many lights would you use to get a realistic look?

I'm working on my jungle scene... progress renders are in the PC forum in the PC-All renders thread. Heres a more recent render... (atm I got two distant lights... 1 is the 'sun' set at like 160% The seccond is a 30% one... As you can see, It has some issues with the characters.)

The light sure has a nice gold feel to it. Why not drop in a point light or two to light bits of the characters, you can set the falloff very short so it doesn't hit the ground ;)

edited December 1969

That's a good idea.. I'll give it a go! Thankyou :) - I'm kinda thinking that the 'sun' light is working well with the set (environment) but not too well on the people. It appears far too bright on the kid (Although) maybe I need to adjust the settings on the clothing and props. While the shadows too are good on the environment but a little tacky on the people aswell.

I've got really good at lights in character only renders (Studio style) but in a full scene, things are much more complicated.

edited December 1969

I also intend to add several extras (people) in the scene as well, but they arent the main cast of course. Because of the fog, point lights may have undesired effects further in the background.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

I am coughing a bunch right now.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

I honestly don't know. At this stage I use preset lights a lot, and experiment freely, so a whole lot of it is done by the seat of my pants.

ps1borg said:
    wow real fearsome, uh oh look out behind you... :) In days gone past complainers have swapped GC's at sale time, but I can't figure out how to get the store to give one up...

That's okay, I can wait 'till catch-up sale. I just had to whine to get it out of my system, y'know? :) But as soon as 21st rolls over, I'm so going to load my cred card once I've paid my bills... I have applied to this job in local computer store that I use for all my computer needs (they had a job opening) and right now I'm just hoping they'll get back in touch with me and god I could use a job for a while. :P Even for couple of months, y'know?

OMG that is sooooo awesome!!!! Well done. I getting flashes of the game Soul Calibur. That is legendary :cheese:

Thanks. :)

edited December 1969

I am coughing a bunch right now.

*pat pat pat* here, have a glass of water and a cupcake :)

zomgcake.png
    227 x 202 - 91K
This discussion has been closed.