Why are there no Creature Creator Morphs for G3M and G3F?

sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

I have them for all the other previous generations including V4 and M4.  So why the no show for this iteration of Genesis figures?

Comments

• AnotherUserNameAnotherUserName Posts: 2,726

Because we quite clearly have not been complaining loudly enough!

I gripe about this all the time. Either they have never made enough in sales to justify G3 versions, or daz is waiting until they are finished with all of their characters before creating the creature morphs.

I sure wish they would hurry up...

...and aging morphs!

• Would like HD Creature Creator morphs!

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
    edited June 2016

I gripe about this all the time. Either they have never made enough in sales to justify G3 versions, or daz is waiting until they are finished with all of their characters before creating the creature morphs.

I sure wish they would hurry up......and aging morphs!

Yes, those and aging morphs.  I haven't griped yet, but will start if there isn't any progress or an answer, but I suspect you're on the right track.  Don't want to have us creating our own characters, right? wink

Post edited by sapat on
    sapat said:

I sure wish they would hurry up......and aging morphs!

Yes, those and aging morphs.  I haven't griped yet, but will start if there isn't any progress or an answer, but I suspect you're on the right track.  Don't want to have us creating our own characters, right? wink

No joke! Dont get me wrong, I like to see that artists are creating individual creature characters. But I sure am not going to purchase every single one of them in order to get just the right mix of morphs.

I think 3rd party morphs are probably our best bet. Sickleyield made some cool morphs for G2. Maybe she's working on some for G3?

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,653

LMAO, that gave me a good laugh.

• Zev0 is working on Aging Morphs as we speak, but I'm not certain SickleYield is going to be working on Creature morphs for G3F and G3M.
  • wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,789
    edited June 2016

Technically there are.
    Just buy the updated GENX2 Plugin which now supports G3 and push your older G2 Creature morphs up to G3.

Post edited by wolf359 on
    wolf359 said:

Technically there are.
    Just buy the updated GENX2 Plugin which now supports G3 and push your older G2 Creature morphs up to G3.

Actually I own that pack.  Thanks for the reminder!  laugh

And good to know there's aging morphs in the works!!  Woot!

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,908
    Won't work for the HD stuff, but hey. The other stuff is cool

Still better than having none at all though I guess.  Wish they were native to the G3 figures to get the HD.

Zev0 is working on Aging Morphs as we speak, but I'm not certain SickleYield is going to be working on Creature morphs for G3F and G3M.

Ive been waiting for these ever since v7 hit the shelves. Im still waiting. Since G3 weve seen bend morphs, fit control, growing up and still we wait for aging morphs.

All complaining aside, zev0's aging morphs will be a day 1 purchase for me. I'm just a little tired of waiting for them (sorry, complaining again).

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,570

I'd love more creature and alien stuff for gen 3. I tend to like humanoid aliens, and the creature creator set made it easy to create those. Yes, I realize I can copy them over, but there have been some improvements since Gen 2, and for example, realistic bodyhair would be nice. Also some alien type skins would be great. =-)

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,418

I hint at it in a lot of the pro bundle/character discussions often I wants me monsters would like some insectoid parts too there are a few bits and pieces can kit bash from other creatures and addons sickleyeild, cakeone and such have done so far for g3 but not enough need cc3 and different kinds of eyes, tails, claws, legs/feet, pincers/mandibles I could go on hey howabout a creature creator pro pack filled with all kinds of creature and animal parts you could mix match as well as morphs I would so buy that then they could release add on packs to create cyborgs/robots, human animal hybrids, mythological animals, mad scientist type creatures with more than one head, multiple arms/legs why is there no two or three headed dragon yet btw

I don't want to keep buying 'one off' figures, I'd rather just have the Creature packs so I can dial my own.  Then if and when I want, I can pick up skins or cobble then together from MR packs.  In the past I've waited for creature figures to go on a big sale just to get their skins.  But usually that means waiting til new things come out before they discount their old stuff.  Wish someone would make creature skins texture packs so we can buy just the skins without having to buy another figure pack we don't really need or want. 

I bought the Reptilian 6 pack and some packs of add on skins in the last few months.  Sure, it's for G2M and older figure, but that's ok, cuz I have creature packs for G2M and can make my own creature with him and use one of the many reptilian skins I got.  It's a process doing it this way.  Wish we could speed up the pipeline.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,908
    I love reptilian 6. The tail is very different than many other tails, and I've found the legs handy for avian like creatures. And dialed in at low values it creates a great base for lots of things.

Yep, I love it too, but had to wait til it went on big time sale, and I've managed to get some skin packs for it also on sale and/or fast grab.  So I have all I need.  I like the pack too. Hadn't tried it on avian.  Interesting.

• ChuckdozerChuckdozer Posts: 453

Have patience and they shall appear wink

PROOF!

I want proof!

Not really, I know that Daz wont disclose anything until its ready for release. However, given that G3 has been out for awhile now, I tend to think that if the creature morphs do appear, G4/V8 will be right on its heals.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

PROOF!

I want proof!

Not really, I know that Daz wont disclose anything until its ready for release. However, given that G3 has been out for awhile now, I tend to think that if the creature morphs do appear, G4/V8 will be right on its heals.

If G4 shows up right away, that's it for me.  I have everything I could possibly need right now that I've barely made a dent in trying to use and will stop after G3 for a long time so by the time I get around to purchasing anything G4/V8  it will be on huge discounts.  I'm usually all for new and shiny but the rate these figures pop up its ridiculous.

Yes, agreed.  Too much too fast in terms of releases.  Also, I'm looking for unique characters which is another reason I want creature morphs and aging morphs.  Tired of pale, pouty lipped supermodels with airbrushed looking skin.

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,789
    sapat said:

Yes, agreed.  Too much too fast in terms of releases. 

There is no such thing as too many new releases
    of commercial products.
    Be disciplined and resist the urge to buy it all.wink

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,570

Well with gen 4 coming out next year there really isn't much time for this generations creature creator

edited June 2016
    wolf359 said:
    sapat said:

Yes, agreed.  Too much too fast in terms of releases. 

There is no such thing as too many new releases
    of commercial products.
    Be disciplined and resist the urge to buy it all.wink

Be disciplined?  Oh, sorry, I'm way past that point after 10 years. frowncheeky

Gen 4, I'm doomed.  I feel like Giles following Buffy into the Hellmouth.....we're all doomed.  devil

Post edited by sapat on

I dont know how interested I am in going to G4 honestly. What I really want is new technology to enhance renders. I dont necessarily need another Vicky and Michael. Ive got so much stuff that ive had for a couple years that I have never used.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Wait. Please tell me that's a joke/sarcasm...... 

Well with gen 4 coming out next year there really isn't much time for this generations creature creator

• GatorGator Posts: 1,268
    jakiblue said:

Wait. Please tell me that's a joke/sarcasm...... 

No kidding.  It seems like gen 3 is hardly mature yet.

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,418

sapat new skin textures would be cool yes again insect/bug textures, aquatic life scales and such, oh yes did mention a few ideas to Mec4d when she was talking about the last few shader packs so she might do some

sapat new skin textures would be cool yes again insect/bug textures, aquatic life scales and such, oh yes did mention a few ideas to Mec4d when she was talking about the last few shader packs so she might do some

That would be cool.  I'm not really interested in the next Gen either and I also have things I've bought and never used, so am really 'set for life' so to speak.  My Gen2 and Gen3 figures could be it for me if they'd continue to support them. As a pure hobbyist, I'm not interested in 'what's next', I just want continued support for the people I already have before we move on to what they consider to be 'bigger and better'.
    For me, that means the aging and creature morphs for Gen3 figures, and skins, or textures to make skins for them.  Don't need anymore 'pretty' people.  Content is stuffed with them and they mostly sit unused if I'm being honest.

sapat said:

That would be cool.  I'm not really interested in the next Gen either and I also have things I've bought and never used, so am really 'set for life' so to speak.  My Gen2 and Gen3 figures could be it for me if they'd continue to support them. As a pure hobbyist, I'm not interested in 'what's next', I just want continued support for the people I already have before we move on to what they consider to be 'bigger and better'.
    For me, that means the aging and creature morphs for Gen3 figures, and skins, or textures to make skins for them.  Don't need anymore 'pretty' people.  Content is stuffed with them and they mostly sit unused if I'm being honest.

Yah, I agree. I still use G2 much more than G3. As cool as G3 is, something, and I cant quite put my fingure on it, bores me with it.

• sapat new skin textures would be cool yes again insect/bug textures, aquatic life scales and such, oh yes did mention a few ideas to Mec4d when she was talking about the last few shader packs so she might do some

I'd love more skins and textures/shaders intended for G2 Creature Creator critters. Yes I know - it's easy to port over G1, M4, and V4 textures into G2 and more than once I've used some of RawArt's textures from other G2 characters.