Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.9.3.166! Release Candidate 5 (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    nicstt said:

Any news on IRAY support for 10 series cards?

I don't have one, just kinda curious as the new Titan is due soon, and my fingers are itching; Nvidia have crippled the new Titan as they felt it was taking sales away from the pro card, so want to be sure IRAY is in no way part of that; if so, it's colossal waste of cash.

Incidentally, not only is it a software 'fix' but the silicon used for the consumer card doesn't have the components (or greatly reduced numbers of them) on the pro card. Looks like it's more related to deep learning functions, but want to be sure.

Will this version support the 1070 and 1080 graphic cards?

That requires a change from NVIDIA which we don't have yet.

• New Iray 2016.2 SDK

Building on NVIDIA Iray SDK 2016.1’s introduction of industry standard lenses and spherical lenses and stereo for VR panoramas, the latest release (2016.2) continues to push VR to the next level. Iray now provides one-step creation of stereo panoramas and the ability to stream stereo to a device. Sending jobs to a Quadro VCA or DGX-1 will soon enable the creation of Iray VR immersions for inspecting scenes from any perspective.

What’s new in Iray 2016.2

• Support for NVIDIA Pascal generation GPUs.
    • Stereo output from a single render
    • Support of X-Rite’s AxF 1.3 format (for measured materials)
    • Create Iray VR by sending jobs to Quadro VCA or DGX-1 (no additional setup required)

Sample 4K Iray VR output

Learn more on NVIDIA Iray and VR

For more information on NVIDIA Iray plug-ins and VR developments, check out the following:

nicstt said:

I don't have one, just kinda curious as the new Titan is due soon, and my fingers are itching; Nvidia have crippled the new Titan as they felt it was taking sales away from the pro card, so want to be sure IRAY is in no way part of that; if so, it's colossal waste of cash.

Incidentally, not only is it a software 'fix' but the silicon used for the consumer card doesn't have the components (or greatly reduced numbers of them) on the pro card. Looks like it's more related to deep learning functions, but want to be sure.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    nicstt said:

Will this version support the 1070 and 1080 graphic cards?

That requires a change from NVIDIA which we don't have yet.

OK, the SDK hasn't made its way to you guys yet.

TY for response.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142

NVIDIA crippled it's own card?  Makes no sense to me... surprise

• Chris3DXChris3DX Posts: 5

So.. if i got this right, reason why my renders takes ages to finish is because my card (GTX 1070) isn't supported yet by Iray?

And we have to wait til around the end of August/Beginng of September before Nvida gets the stuff needed for Iray to support 1070/1080 out in the public?

well that sucks... and me who just bought a ton of neat stuff to play around with :/

edited July 2016

So.. if i got this right, reason why my renders takes ages to finish is because my card (GTX 1070) isn't supported yet by Iray?

And we have to wait til around the end of August/Beginng of September before Nvida gets the stuff needed for Iray to support 1070/1080 out in the public?

well that sucks... and me who just bought a ton of neat stuff to play around with :/

The SDK was released a day or two ago, but it now needs to be implemented; we have no idea how easy or hard that will be.

RAMWolff said:

NVIDIA crippled it's own card?  Makes no sense to me... surprise

Individuals using higher end cards using some processes - related to deep learnig I understand - were buying Titans; some functionality present on the pro version (silicon GP100) is not present or in greatly reduced numbers on the consumer version (GP 104); they could just have disabled it through software (drivers) but didn't. Obviously they thought it was a good idea. :)

So instead of spending thousands of dollars, they were spending $1000.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    edited July 2016

It is great that Daz Studio log file entries have dates and times now, but I am getting impossible dates in my log file. Today is July 30, 2016. The time on my computer is correct. The log file shows this as month 36 instead of month 7. The same problem occurs in the 4.9.2.70 Release. Here is an excerpt from my log file:
    2016-36-30 16:36:35.058 Executing startup script...

Post edited by barbult on
  • MythmakerMythmaker Posts: 606

If it hasn't been added, possible to add Draw Settings as a save options with Render Settings Preset? Thanks...

edited July 2016
    barbult said:

It is great that Daz Studio log file entries have dates and times now, but I am getting impossible dates in my log file. Today is July 30, 2016. The time on my computer is correct. The log file shows this as month 36 instead of month 7. The same problem occurs in the 4.9.2.70 Release. Here is an excerpt from my log file:

2016-12-31 08:12:50.476 - mine shows ok. If you ignore it's not December.

Out of curiosity, is your clock correct in the BIOS?

EDIT

The second figure is supposed to be months, but it looks like it is displaying minutes or seconds.

2016-57-31 00:57:08

2016-58-31 00:58:12

2016-59-31 00:59:23

- Minutes if the time display after the date, is an indication.

Post edited by nicstt on
    nicstt said:
    barbult said:

2016-12-31 08:12:50.476 - mine shows ok. If you ignore it's not December.

Out of curiosity, is your clock correct in the BIOS?

EDIT

The second figure is supposed to be months, but it looks like it is displaying minutes or seconds.

2016-57-31 00:57:08

2016-58-31 00:58:12

2016-59-31 00:59:23

- Minutes if the time display after the date, is an indication.

You are right! They've used minutes instead of months.
    barbult said:

Can I have a bug report please? 

barbult said:

I submitted a bug report before even posting here. #223899 Impossible dates in Daz Studio log file
    barbult said:
    barbult said:

I submitted a bug report before even posting here. #223899 Impossible dates in Daz Studio log file

Thanks\

edited August 2016
    barbult said:

Also done. #224007

Post edited by nicstt on
    nicstt said:
    barbult said:

Also done. #224007

Wow, 108 help requests between mine and yours. CS must be busy!

• jhofflerjhoffler Posts: 37
    Lindsey said:

@DAZ_Spooky   With Beta 4.9.3.37, I'm having an issue with removing existing categories.  As an example, the attached picture shows two categories assigned and I want to remove one of them: /Default/Materials/Iray/Skin.  I've tried three methods:

1. Using the Content DB Editor, delete /Default/Materials/Iray/Skin and click on Accept 
    2. Select the material preset, right click - Categorize and uncheck /Defaults/Materials/Iray/Skin, click on Accept

3. According to release notes for Beta 4.9.3.37, if I remove both pre-assigned categories, either using method 1 or 2 above, DS should assign a single category Lost and Found/Natsuko for Aiko 7, then I could reassign to my preferred category.  When I tried to remove both categories using both methods above, both pre-assigned categories remained.

I had to perform the category removal with GA 4.9.2.70.

Is the Beta 4.9.3.37 operating as designed, or should I file a problem report.

Just out of curiosity, did you click the "Purge unlisted Categories from Local Asset Definitions" checkbox?

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983
    edited August 2016
    jhoffler said:
    Lindsey said:

@DAZ_Spooky   With Beta 4.9.3.37, I'm having an issue with removing existing categories.  As an example, the attached picture shows two categories assigned and I want to remove one of them: /Default/Materials/Iray/Skin.  I've tried three methods:

1. Using the Content DB Editor, delete /Default/Materials/Iray/Skin and click on Accept 
    2. Select the material preset, right click - Categorize and uncheck /Defaults/Materials/Iray/Skin, click on Accept

3. According to release notes for Beta 4.9.3.37, if I remove both pre-assigned categories, either using method 1 or 2 above, DS should assign a single category Lost and Found/Natsuko for Aiko 7, then I could reassign to my preferred category.  When I tried to remove both categories using both methods above, both pre-assigned categories remained.

I had to perform the category removal with GA 4.9.2.70.

Is the Beta 4.9.3.37 operating as designed, or should I file a problem report.

Just out of curiosity, did you click the "Purge unlisted Categories from Local Asset Definitions" checkbox?

I don't see that option anymore on the Content DB Editor>Assets tab.  It was that check box on the lower left corner where the red arrow is pointing at, right?

I did file an problem report 222980 and the problem was confirmed and added to their Bug Tracker for further investigation.

Screen Shot 08-01-16 at 07.28 PM.jpg
    916 x 987 - 176K
    Post edited by Lindsey on
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,142

The option is there... the default colors happen to be the same in the Highway/Main Street styles, so you can't see the text.

Well I'll be.. do you have any idea why I can't get a check to toggle in the box?

Screen Shot 08-02-16 at 12.53 AM.PNG
    916 x 987 - 195K
  • Lindsey said:

Well I'll be.. do you have any idea why I can't get a check to toggle in the box?

Those local purge options are not available when "Sync Product and Local Database" is checked.

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,171
    edited August 2016

Has the NVIDIA Iray renderer been updated?

Yes, it has.

*Note: The entries below come directly from the NVIDIA Iray 2016.1.2 release notes. Some entries, such as the mention of Iray Realtime, etc, currently have no bearing on Daz Studio itself but are included for completeness.

Iray 2016.1.2, build 261500.10935

Added and Changed Features

• Iray Realtime
      • The per component tone mapper parameter is now set to default when "mip burn highlights per component" is not present.
      • Support for the tone mapper parameter "mip burn highlights max component" has been added.
      • On the ground plane, only shadows from matte lights and the sun are now rendered.

Fixed Bugs

• Iray Photoreal
      • A bug in 16 bit color texture handling that typically resulted in an incorrect blue channel for non-normal map color textures has been fixed.
      • Incorrect color shifts in spectral rendering with "iray spectral conversion intent" "natural" at the border of the visible gamut have been fixed.
      • Precision issues with instancing and shadow rays have been addressed.
      • Procedural object space texture coordinates were broken when moving around instances in Iray Photoreal. Texture coordinates didn’t move with the instance as expected. This has been fixed.
      • A multi device or multi host deadlock when rendering with Iray Photoreal in interactive mode has been fixed. This was more likely to happen when rendering a simple scene with many hosts.
    • Iray Interactive
      • A bug in 16 bit color texture handling that typically resulted in an incorrect blue channel for non-normal map color textures has been fixed.
    • Iray Realtime
      • The selection of the cascade in cascaded shadow maps has been fixed.
      • Artifacts at frustum splits for cascaded shadows maps have been fixed.
      • A bug where the ground plane was cut by the camera’s near clipping plane has been fixed.
    • Material Definition Language (MDL)
      • Cases where the import of tex::gamma mode was missing when the create material() API was used has been fixed.
      • Wrong resource names that were generated when resources were used through the create material() API have been fixed.
      • Cases where the create material() API generates extra copy constructors around resource values that led to an error due to a bug in the core MDL compiler have been fixed.
      • Wrong error indications generated by the MDL core compiler when copy constructors of resource types were used (which is legal in MDL) have been fixed.
      • Result type calculation of the ternary operator inside the MDL core compiler that could lead to extra copy constructors has been fixed.
      • The check if at least one entity of an overloaded set can be imported for a given function has been fixed. This fixes the problem that state::rounded corners() could not be imported into MDLmodules for MDL < 1.3.

Iray 2016.1.2, build 261500.10935

• General
      • OptiX Prime ray tracing has been switched to version 3.9.1 fixing several issues with very large geometry and improving stability of the hierarchy construction in Iray Photoreal and Iray Interactive.
    • Iray Interactive
      • Texture conversion log output has been added.
      • Support for state::texture tangent (u|v)() in the GLSL backend has been added.
      • Support for state::geometry tangent (u|v)() in the GLSL backend has been added.
      • state::texture coordinate() is now handled like state texture tangent *() in the GLSL backend, allowing different behavior depending on backend options.

Fixed Bugs

• General
      • Importing light profiles with default resolution used a lower resolution than necessary for sub types with symmetries. This has been fixed. The previous behavior can be restored by explicitly requesting the lower resolution.
      • Importing of light profiles of type B without symmetry has been fixed. The order of values in θ direction was reversed.
      • Importing of light profiles of type B with 0/90 degree symmetry has been fixed. The values for ϕ = 0 were wrong.
      • Generated GLSL code in Iray Realtime has been fixed. Support for more than one jitted material was broken.
      • Rare crashes occurring when an MDL user defined function containing uninitialized arrays was inlined into MDL materials have been fixed.
      • A crash in the JIT backend if a great amount of constant data was used inside an MDL material has been fixed.
      • A crash in create materials() that could occur if a member was selected from a struct typed entity has been fixed.
      • Some wrong MDL code generated by create materials() in several conditions has been fixed. Some missing imports have been fixed. The generated resource type of parameters of a new material has been fixed.
      • Generated names for enum values inside create materials() have been fixed. Now the enum value is generated instead of the enum type name (with extra prefixes).
      • When a material instance is compiled, the signature of calls inside the arguments is now replaced by their original signature if these are calls to aliases. This fixes render problems if re-exported entities from the std module are attached.
    • Iray Photoreal
      • The incorrect handling of color IOR data if iray spectral conversion intent was set to natural has been fixed.
      • Cutout geometry is no longer incorrectly visible in matte object reflections.

Iray 2016.1, build 261500.8353

• General
      • OptiX Prime has been updated to 3.9.1. This fixes issues with invalid geometry and with very large scenes.
      • The handling of interactive changes to displacement settings has been improved.
      • When changing displacement settings of shared materials, Iray now attempts to share the underlying tessellation when possible.
    • Iray Photoreal
      • ​Documentation for spectral rendering has been added.
      • The mip lens stereo separation camera attribute has been renamed to mip lens stereo offset and the direction has been flipped (positive is to the right).
      • The firefly filter initialization now behaves the same for the cases where gamma is done using Iray Photoreal’s tonemapper or when it is done externally by the integration application.
    • Iray Interactive
      • The mip lens stereo separation camera attribute has been renamed to mip lens stereo offset and the direction has been flipped (positive is to the right).
    • Iray Realtime
      • ​The behavior in case an excessive shadow map resolution is requested has been improved.
      • Version information has been added to RiX DLLs.
      • ​A draft version of the MDL 1.3 Specification document has been added. The new annotations on packages as specified in Section 15.7 and the new MDL archives as specified in Appendix C of this document are not supported with Iray 2016.1.
      • The prelease parameter of anno::version() now has a default value.
      • Initial support for MDL 1.3 math::emission color(color) has been added.
      • The signature of anno::dependency() has been changed to match those of anno::version().
      • anno::version() and anno::dependency() annotations on modules are now visible through the API.
      • It’s now guaranteed that the * isvalid() functions are evaluated in the case the given resource is actually valid. This can reduce the need for JIT compilation.
      • The spectral helper functions base::color constructor() and base::emission color constructor() have been removed. Their functionality is now provided by the standard library.
      • The uniform MDL 1.3 state function wavelength [min|max]() have been added.
      • The limits::WAVELENGTH [MIN|MAX] have been removed in MDL 1.3.
      • Support for MDL 1.3 math::emission color(color) has been added.
      • Support for MDL 1.3 functions state::wavelength [min|max]() has been added and has been removed for limits::WAVELENGTH [MIN|MAX] in MDL 1.3.
      • The MDL compiler option to change the values of limits::WAVELENGTH [MIN|MAX] has been removed for MDL < 1.3. These are now always fixed to 380, 780.
      • ::df::simple glossy bsdf legacy() has been moved to ::nvidia::df.

Fixed Bugs

• General
      • ​A crash in the HTTP server on Windows when start ssl() failed has been fixed.
      • A bug in Iray Bridge has been fixed that caused needless replication of synchronized data in the server side database when creating Bridge snapshots instead of just uploading the data.
    • Iray Photoreal
      • ​A facetting issue with the shadow terminator offset enabled has been fixed.
      • Shading on transformed instanced objects has been fixed.
      • Backplate lens effects have been fixed. When backplate lens effects were disabled, the effects were still applied to matte objects and reflections on the backplate.
      • Faceting artifacts for shadow terminator offsetting, most prominent for diffuse material in low frequency environments, have been fixed.
      • Reflections into the environment in presence of a backplate have been fixed.
      • Rendering if irradiance probes were attached to the camera, but no irradiance probe canvas was requested has been fixed.
      • Lens distortion precision issues, causing black circles in the image for some boundary distortion parameters, have been fixed.
      • The focal plane for both eyes on the panoramic stereo camera has been aligned. The focal planes for the left and right eye had unequal phase.
      • An issue with irradiance probes on Windows that’s been introduced in 2016.1 beta has been fixed.
    • Iray Interactive
      • ​A bug seen with certain interactive scene changes has been fixed. When all materials of an object were removed and some of those had displacement settings, then the displacement was still visible. This is now fixed.
      • Lens distortion precision issues, causing black circles in the image for some boundary distortion parameters, have been fixed.
      • Artifacts of backplate projection on the fake ground plane have been fixed.
      • Unnecessary scene rebuilds after camera changes have been fixed.
      • Undefined behavior when sharing the same environment between two render contexts has been fixed.
      • The focal plane for both eyes on the panoramic stereo camera has been aligned. The focal planes for the left and right eye had unequal phase.
    • Iray Realtime
      • ​On some Linux systems the main material shader used to fail the compilation.
      • A bug seen with certain interactive scene changes has been fixed. See Iray Interactive.
      • The object id output for the "Float32<4>" canvas type has been fixed.
      • The ground in the depth and distance output buffers is no longer rendered when there is no matte ground. Currently, matte ground is also not rendered; this will be fixed later.
      • ​The compilation of texture functions using texture 3d type in the JIT backend has been fixed.
      • The export of MDL variants has been fixed. It is now ensured that features from MDL 1.x are not used if a MDL 1.y is created WITH x > y. The exporter always creates a MDL version that is taken from the original material. Be sure not to use higher language version features.
      • When creating a variant through the API, it is now guaranteed that used entities from default arguments are imported.
      • When creating variants, Iray no longer imports predefined types and enums.
      • A crash in the MDL compiler that could occur if an imported function was inlined into a material body has been fixed.
      • Imports of generated materials when created from instances has been fixed. Wrong imports of built-in types and enum types has been fixed.
      • The results of the "thin-walled material transmission check" analysis has been improved, eliminating some wrong "different transmission on both sides of a material" errors when new MDL 1.3 bsdfs are used.
      • The MDL core compiler handling of positional arguments when a variant is declared which is legal MDL has been fixed.
      • The MDL compiler inlining of function variants that could lead to a crash have been fixed.
      • A crash in Iray Interactive when a resource was created inside a user defined function has been fixed.

Iray 2016.1 beta, build 261500.5273

• General
      • ​Internal memory cleanup has been improved. Some live leaks of internal geometry handling data have been fixed. The corresponding data will be released as early as possible.
      • CUDA error messages output has been improved.
      • The texture compression encoder has been improved to produce less artifacts in compressed textures.
    • Iray Photoreal
      • ​3d texture support for MDL environment functions has been added.
      • Precision for 16 bit normal maps has been improved.
      • Stereoscopic spherical camera support has been added.
      • Ray tracing precision (watertight intersection) has been improved.
      • A new scene option, "progressive aux canvas" has been added which allows for progressive rendering of the auxiliary render target canvases (depth, normals, object id, etc.). The default is false, which mostly retains previous behavior. This enables antialiased "clown mask" buffer support.
        Object id, material id, and generated material id canvases are now of color type.
    • Iray Interactive
      • 3d texture support for MDL environment functions has been added.
      • Precision for 16 bit normal maps has been improved.
      • Support for glossy transmission with irt indirect light mode=2 has been added.
      • A sanity check on the OptiX Prime library to prevent from combining Iray Interactive with an outdated OptiX Prime version has been added.
    • Iray Realtime
      • ​Transparency sorting has been modified.
      • Anisotropic filtering for material textures has been added. This is controlled by the "ogl tex max anisotropy" renderer option. The default value is 1.0, which corresponds to no anisotropy. Any value above 1.0 corresponds to the max number of samples the hardware is allowed to take to do the anisotropic filtering.
      • Support for fog, as defined by the scene options "matte fog absorption" and "matte fog color" has been added.
      • The old shadow map algorithm has been replaced with variance shadow maps. These provide:
        • Better shadow quality compared to the standard shadow maps at effectively the same speed.
        • Support for shadow LODs (Level of Detail), providing soft edges.
        • They remove most problems/artifacts of the standard shadow maps.
        • They have their own artifacts (e.g. light bleeding) that are mostly mild and are expected to be removed or reduced with further improvements/enhancements.
      • Support for sun shadow has been added:
        • For sun & sky, the sun direction parameter is now used.
        • For IBL (Image-based lighting), the sun direction from the environment texture is now extracted.
      • New renderer options have been added:
        • "ogl env shadow intensity" - controls the environment (currently only sun) shadow, 0 - env shadow is off.
        • "ogl shadow softness" - range [0, 1], controls shadow softness by selecting the normalized LOD, 0 - finest resolution, i.e. sharpest shadow.
      • Omnidirectional light shadow maps now use the full resolution for each face which defaults to 2048x2048.
      • Support for the depth and distance output canvases has been added.
      • ​In addition to material variants it is now also possible to create function variants.
      • Annotations on MDL modules are now supported.
      • The resolution of modules and resources mentioned in .mdl files has been changed to match section 2.2 of the MDL specification version 1.3.
      • Using the resource search path to find resources mentioned in .mdl files has been deprecated. The resource search path is intended for reset file() calls in the API; the MDL search path is for resources mentioned in .mdl files. Resources in .mdl files that can only be found via the resource search path will trigger a warning.
      • Allow compilation of constants into functions in the MDL SDK. Prior to this change, this was rejected because of performance reasons. Now it is possible.
      • MDL 1.3 feature function variants are now fully supported.
      • The "glsl max const data" option has been added to the GLSL backend in the MDL SDK.
      • Generated GLSL code in the MDL SDK has been slightly improved. Constants are no longer put into temporaries.
      • More options for the MDL SDK backends have been implemented.
        • "enable ro segment" for LLVM and PTX.
        • Fully implemented "glsl max const data" for GLSL.
      • The option to let the JIT backend in the MDL SDK generate LLVM bitcode instead of LLVM IR has been implemented.
      • It is now ensured that the GLSL backend of the MDL SDK generates every prototype only once.
      • vec3 return in the MDL SDK GLSL backend is no longer enforced. Any return type is now supported.
      • The unused "proj" parameter in MDL SDK GLSL compilation of paths has been removed.
      • The MDL SDK LLVM backend now uses the external text handler by default.
      • Support for native functions in the MDL core compiler has been implemented. Native functions can be used inside a special "native" module that can be supplied by a renderer.
      • Options for steering the MDL state access in the GLSL backend of the MDL SDK have been implemented.
      • User function remapping for the GLSL backend of the MDL SDK has been implemented.
      • The name of df::ward geisler moroder glossy bsdf has been changed to df::ward geisler moroder bsdf as stated by the MDL specification.
      • Support for strict relative imports in the MDL core compiler has been implemented. This allows . and .. to be used at the beginning of an import name for entities and resources in MDL 1.3+.
      • MDL 1.3 state::rounded corner normal() with 3 parameters has been implemented.
      • More support for MDL 1.3 math::emission color() has been added.
      • Support for spectral rendering in Iray Photoreal has been improved.
      • math::emission color() has been added.
      • MDL 1.3 anno::version and anno::dependency have been implemented in the MDL core compiler. anno::version number has been removed.
      • The option "internal space" has been added to MDL SDK backends.
      • Support for SM 6[012] has been added to the PTX backend (no specific code is generated so far).

Fixed Bugs

• General
      • ​Both base and standard MDL modules are now correctly handled during export to the .mi format.
    • Iray Photoreal
      • ​Rendering of the "distance" render target canvas in network mode has been fixed.
      • Thin-wall glass paths (that are defined to go to the backplate) getting changed to environment for the fake ground plane has been fixed.
      • Gamma handling of cubemap textures used in MDL environment functions has been fixed.
      • "Shadow acne" artifacts if instancing was enabled has been fixed.
      • A regression has been fixed: invalid geometry is now detected again if "iray optix prime" is disabled.
      • Light source brightness issues on progressive scene updates have been fixed.
    • Iray Interactive
      • ​Gamma handling of cubemap textures used in MDL environment functions has been fixed.
      • Unnecessary rebuilds of geometry data on remote hosts after camera changes have been fixed.
      • Ambient occlusion and shadow buffer have been fixed.
      • Backplate projection with lens distortions has been fixed.
      • A crash when progressively modifying BRDFs has been fixed.
      • Depth buffer rendering with spherical and cylindrical camera has been fixed.
      • Glossy ground reflection when rendering with a camera window has been fixed.
      • A bug causing wrong sampling of point lights with non-omnidirectional EDFs has been fixed.
      • A driver timeout when setting the camera focus distance to very low values (e.g. 1e-5) has been fixed.
      • A bug causing material containing one diffuse layer with 0 weight to render black has been fixed.
      • A bug causing light sources located behind the camera to show up in the rendered image has been fixed.
    • Iray Realtime
      • ​A potential crash on materials with untextured cutout opacity different from 1 has been fixed.
      • A crash on materials with procedurally textured cutout opacity has been fixed.
      • A bug in which the texture coordinate transformation of a cutout opacity texture was not applied has been fixed.
      • A crash on objects whose material indices did not correspond exactly to the number of materials defined by the attached instance has been fixed. In accordance with the specification, the excessive material indices are treated as pointing to the first material of the instance.
      • A crash in case of a failed shader recompilation after a change in user-defined MDL expressions has been fixed.
      • An issue which was causing invisible objects to become visible when changing the "movable" flag has been fixed.
      • ​Operators were not supported as defaults of variants. This has been fixed.
      • The MDL SDK now correctly detects unsupported compilation paths of *df types, which are not supported.
      • Handling of the GLSL version option in the MDL SDK GLSL backend has been fixed.
      • Rare cases where exporting material variants had missing imports has been fixed.
      • A memory leak in the GLSL backend of the MDL SDK when handling uniform initializers has been fixed.
      • The "entity is read" analysis for operators that read and write an lvalue in the MDL core compiler has been fixed.
        Prior to this fix, functions like
        int func(int n) { return ++n; } int func(int n) { int n; return n += 1; }
        issued the warning "’n’ is written but not read" which is wrong of course.
      • The creation of GLSL code generated by the MDL SDK has been fixed.
      • The handling of nvidia::df::legacy mcp glossy bsdf() inside Iray has been fixed.
      • Handling of dead code in the MDL JIT compiler has been fixed.
      • Code generation for ternary operators in the MDL JIT compiler has been fixed.

Iray 2016.1 alpha, build 261500.922

Iray 2016, build 250909.11169

• General
    • Iray Bridge
    • Iray Photoreal
    • Iray Interactive
    • Iray Realtime

Fixed Bugs

• General
    • Iray Bridge
    • Iray Photoreal
    • Iray Interactive
    • Iray Realtime

Iray 2016 beta, build 250909.5884

• General
    • .mi File Format Importer
    • Iray Bridge
    • Iray Photoreal
      •  
    • Iray Interactive
    • Iray Realtime

Fixed Bugs

• General
    • .mi File Format Exporter and Importer
    • Iray Bridge
    • Iray Photoreal
    • Iray Interactive
    • Iray Realtime
    Post edited by rbtwhiz on
    Lindsey said:

Those local purge options are not available when "Sync Product and Local Database" is checked.

I see... A while back, I didn't have  "Sync Product and Local Database" checked, when I deleted a category, DS didn't delete the category. When I reported the "problem" to Customer Service, they said be sure the "Sync Product and Local Database" box is checked, disabling the "Purge unlisted Categories from Local Asset Definitions" checkbox/function.   They appear to be providing a similar function, as far as recording changes/removal of assigned categories to an asset.

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

After installing the new Windows 10 Anniversary upgrade the GPUs usage dropped to only 40% while rendering with iray ..  I am not sure it is display driver or iray problem but the drag is huge , reinstalled display drivers again  but nothing working .. any ideas ?  

I will have to return back to old windows build to restore the upgrade .

Ok installed the new DS beta , everything working amazing .. the rendering speed better than ever before and fantastic GPUs scaling across multiple devices , does that mean build 4.9.2.70 and Win 10 new upgrade are not working together anymore ? at last not on my machine .. 

edited August 2016

I'm seeing faster, much faser, to the same set of criteria; say samples.

But I'm having to up the number of samples and quality to get the same finished look of the render; beta is far more grainy at the same stage. I had to up convergence from 85 to 92 to get similar. It was a simple scene.

Post edited by nicstt on
    MEC4D said:

Ok installed the new DS beta , everything working amazing .. the rendering speed better than ever before and fantastic GPUs scaling across multiple devices , does that mean build 4.9.2.70 and Win 10 new upgrade are not working together anymore ? at last not on my machine .. 

I am not seeing any windows update related issues. 

• So got to wait until Iray 2016.2 implemented for Pascal support?

edited August 2016

Not with the BETA , I have issues with 4.9.2.70 ,  BETA working fantastic with the new windows system upgrade , but the old build no more , you need to check the GPUs usage while rendering not utilization , the cards may run on full but only 40% is used while rendering where with the BETA 98% as it should and the scaling is so much better than ever before .

Ah and btw remember my early issues with the clipping viewport ?  and multiple devices used with simple scene with 4 GPUs , it is fixed with the new iray engine but the viewport is not as fast anymore as it was before where I could set the msec to 0 under Draw Style and rotate the scene in real time with Stonemason Street of London, now I have to keep it at no less than 100 or it will switch to OpenGL while rotating of the camera

however other better news

My GPU scaling with BETA build and new iray engine

1 GPU = 12 min

2 GPUs = 6 min

3 GPUs = 3 min

4 GPUs = 1 min

rendering with CPU still not working optimal and less than 40% utilization while rendering , a lot of drivers are not original and replaced by MS , Nahimic 2 was not even started yesterday as MS installed own audio drivers so had to find new one and replace a lot of them , so it is not related to DS but to the windows new system upgrade , they even re-installed own Nvidia drivers , removed all my Nvidia settings , removed Geforce experiences and all mess was left turning my powerful PC into tablet with CPU set at 1Ghz ? the base clock of i75960X  is 3Ghz

so it is not Daz Studio issue but drivers messed up by MS in my case , reinstalling 4.9.2.70 may fix my problem I guess but I stick with the new BETA for now as it fix my other issues and works optimal for me

so I happy for you that your new windows system upgrade did not messed anything up ..  but it did for my system and just because you see no problem on your system not mean I don't have one ;)  

it is like a patient ask doctor about his chest pain and the doctor reply, I don't experience one .. LOL

but don't worry I gonna fix it since it is the system issue not Daz Studio or Iray ..now I know so pls ignore my early post

Ah and BTW look at the image ..  look at the RAM and CPU speed  .. while rendering with CPU in iray interactive and simple white cube LOL  that what you get when MS screw your system . The CPU is my system issue but you guys did not fixed yet the Interactive RAM usage yet , it should be not more than 1 GB vram not 8GB while rendering simple cube it consume all system RAM .

MEC4D said:

I am not seeing any windows update related issues. 

ram-cpu.png
    847 x 449 - 37K
    Post edited by MEC4D on

what card you using ? or CPU ?

nicstt said:

I'm seeing faster, much faser, to the same set of criteria; say samples.

But I'm having to up the number of samples and quality to get the same finished look of the render; beta is far more grainy at the same stage. I had to up convergence from 85 to 92 to get similar. It was a simple scene.

edited August 2016

Reinstalled build 4.9.2.70 and working again however is much slower than new BETA with multiple devices from the same series 

I am not counting seconds or iterations as it usual give different results each time you render the same scene , I just let iray finish the scene on default settings  and monitor actual GPUs usage ( not utilization ) while rendering 

Beta finished faster and used less GPU by 10% and consumed less power % and less frame buffer the GPU usage was consistent without dropping compared to last General Build   you can see by the colors of each GPU where my 4th card GPU was dropped before even the render finished in old build but not in BETA resulting in faster rendering .

so big yes

beta vs old.jpg
    750 x 284 - 65K
    Post edited by MEC4D on