Poser + Genesis DSON Importer module not found

Comments

• Fred Winkler ArtFred Winkler Art Posts: 795
    edited December 1969

in the main poser directory, the one that has the python paths... so i dont know. I think what I'll do is restart the pc, sometimes that resets things again, fingers crossed it might work then. I have no doubt that somehow it will all work out for all of us in the end.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    edited December 1969

I created a separate directory called Poser DSON and mapped to it in both PP2012 and DS4.5 (the latter for content creation reasons). The Genesis and Essentials are there. The script I installed to E:/PoserPro2012, the location of my Poser Pro 2012 install.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

FWArt said:
    in the main poser directory, the one that has the python paths... so i dont know. I think what I'll do is restart the pc, sometimes that resets things again, fingers crossed it might work then. I have no doubt that somehow it will all work out for all of us in the end.

IS that in Program Files/Program Files (x86) on Vista or Windows 7? Content won't work properly there because Vista/Win7 protect those folders.

• JMCarriganJMCarrigan Posts: 179
    edited December 1969

I've gone wrong somewhere now. I chose to let them install where they wanted and they all went to various DazStudio My Library folders.

I'm going to uninstall and try again.

• BanbhaBanbha Posts: 12
    edited December 1969

I had this issue in the beginning but the DSON importer is fro Poser 9/Pro 2012, SR3. Any lower SR and that python script will come back with a callback error. Also, make sure that both Genesis Essentials installation files are installed. I got that from reading the help wiki.

edited December 1969

FWArt said:

IS that in Program Files/Program Files (x86) on Vista or Windows 7? Content won't work properly there because Vista/Win7 protect those folders.

It is W7, so the main folder for the python is in the programs files, but the content is installed in the documents folders, where the other content is. It's where I got all the other poser and daz figures have. What is odd is that it says it's loaded and when you go in the material folders it says it's there,. when i add the dragon or the clothing, it even shows all the proper jpgs, but still nothing is showing. I got PoserPro2012, and Poser9 and DS4.5 installed, but still it doesnt work. When i open the python in PP2012 to show me the log, it just says the normal stuff, loaded... and then done.... no error message or anything like that... so no idea what I am doing wrong, but nothing is showing up... grrrrr.....

• mlp_a6e17c2559mlp_a6e17c2559 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm having problems installing Poser DSON on my Mac and Poser Pro 2012.

- First of all, the 64bit installer didn't work in my Mac (OS 10.8.2). As is been a problem with many of DAZ installers.

- So, I tried to do the install with my older mac, but since it was 32bit, the 64bit installer didn't work.

- then I downloaded the 32bit installer, which worked nicely on my older mac, and brought it to my new mac

- I re-installed Poser Pro 2012 and SR3

(Somewhere in the instructions it was said, that maybe you should able PoserPro 2012 to accept 32bit stuff. But I didn't find any such option during installers. Nor there is nothing in the Preferences.)

- first I tried creating a "Runtime Genesis" directory and installed it there, doesn't work.

- then I installed it to Poser Pro 2012 directory. Still no help.

- I removed the "Runtimes Genesis" directory. No help.

-I've restarted my machine.

This seemed so interesting of opportunity. But what an earth should I do now? Is the Mac support for DAZ products really working???

edited December 1969

Banbha said:
    I had this issue in the beginning but the DSON importer is fro Poser 9/Pro 2012, SR3. Any lower SR and that python script will come back with a callback error. Also, make sure that both Genesis Essentials installation files are installed. I got that from reading the help wiki.

I have Poser Pro 2012 and the very latest sp3.1. Still working on it when I'm not busy pulling out the hair etc.

edited December 1969

Banbha said:

I have Poser Pro 2012 and the very latest sp3.1. Still working on it when I'm not busy pulling out the hair etc.

Ditto. I no longer get the callback error but I get invisible assets when I load them.

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

Banbha said:

Ditto. I no longer get the callback error but I get invisible assets when I load them.

The developers tell me that both sets of files need to be loaded.
    If they are installed in the same directory that's the easiest, then make sure that directory is mapped.
    If you installed both sets of files in different directories, make sure they are both mapped inside Poser.

Hope this helps.

edited December 1969

yay, finally got it to work. :)
    Now I just need to figure out how to add more usuable content and morphs to the runtime, that should be fun....

edited December 1969

Banbha said:

The developers tell me that both sets of files need to be loaded.
    If they are installed in the same directory that's the easiest, then make sure that directory is mapped.
    If you installed both sets of files in different directories, make sure they are both mapped inside Poser.

Hope this helps.

Both sets of what files? You mean the cr2 assets and the script files?

• c567591ac567591a Posts: 39
    edited October 2012

Could you specify exactly which files you are referring to installing here?

These are the files I installed:
    14812_GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.6_dpc.exe
    14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.6_trx.exe
    DSON_Importer_for_Poser_1.0.0.9_Win64.exe

Since most with Poser have external runtimes, where should each of these get installed to?
    Which folders need to be mapped as runtimes in Poser?

Post edited by c567591a on
    edited December 1969

The information on how to install the data for DSON Importer: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dson_importer/poser/userguide/dson_installation_requirements/tutorials/dson_installation/start

Step 3 - What Else do I Need?

In order to use the converted Companion Files in Poser, you will also need to install the updated Genesis Starter Essentials, as well as the Genesis Starter Essentials For Poser installers. You should get these files with your DSON Importer for Poser download. Be sure to download all your files.

edited December 1969

All of those things are installed.

edited December 1969

Have you added the library for "Runtime" and "My Library" for this both in poser? Even though the "My Library" stuff in poser will be empty, it needs to be there for it to work. That's why mine was playing up

edited December 1969

FWArt said:

Have you added the library for "Runtime" and "My Library" for this both in poser? Even though the "My Library" stuff in poser will be empty, it needs to be there for it to work. That's why mine was playing up

Maybe that's it. I don't have a My Library, I have a runtime/libraries/character and all the DAZ items are in it with their cr2s and dufs.

• c567591ac567591a Posts: 39
    edited December 1969

FWArt said:

I have a My Library in mine and still get the empty Genesis.

edited December 1969

FWArt said:

Maybe that's it. I don't have a My Library, I have a runtime/libraries/character and all the DAZ items are in it with their cr2s and dufs.

What I did was I created a complete new folder, then I added a runtime, and a My library folder in it. Then I installed all files in that folder, under the right subfolder of course "My Library" and "Runtime", then I copied the Python scribt into my main poser runtime, and it all worked. Now I am busy downloading all the old Genesis content again to start getting a good runtime in poser... such fun...

edited December 1969

I had only the 2 Essential files loaded. Somehow while looking through the available downloads and picking what I Assumed were the 2 that I needed....

Well I just downloaded and installed the last one and it worked.

I still don't entirely get the Genesis thing in that I haven't figured out how to tweak expressions because of the limited adjustments available. (Huh? That is a heck of a sentence, what!)

edited December 1969

FWArt said:
    FWArt said:

What I did was I created a complete new folder, then I added a runtime, and a My library folder in it. Then I installed all files in that folder, under the right subfolder of course "My Library" and "Runtime", then I copied the Python scribt into my main poser runtime, and it all worked. Now I am busy downloading all the old Genesis content again to start getting a good runtime in poser... such fun...

The starter essentials install by default to Runtime. What's supposed to go in My Library?

edited December 1969

FWArt said:
    FWArt said:

The starter essentials install by default to Runtime. What's supposed to go in My Library?

There are two Genesis Starter Essensials, one of them has the Poser part to it, the other one has not Poser in the name. The one that hasnt got poser in the name goes into the My Library. You could unzip them all to the destop and that should give you a better idea as well. but custom install to those directories worked for me. So yes the one that doesnt have poser in the file name, is the one to be going to the My Library folder

edited December 1969

I had only the 2 Essential files loaded. Somehow while looking through the available downloads and picking what I Assumed were the 2 that I needed....

I still don't entirely get the Genesis thing in that I haven't figured out how to tweak expressions because of the limited adjustments available. (Huh? That is a heck of a sentence, what!)

In DAZ Studio you select the head on the figure to see the list of expressions. I would assume it is the same in poser. Select the head, then see the options for morphs/expressions etc.

edited December 1969

OH.

So if I already have DS4.5 installed, I'm going to end up with two copies of every Genesis Starter Bundle Asset, one in my DS libraries and one in the Poser DSON directory. All this time I was thinking the core essentials were covered because I already had them in DS4.5.

That's the part I was missing. I'll try that.

edited December 1969

OH.

So if I already have DS4.5 installed, I'm going to end up with two copies of every Genesis Starter Bundle Asset, one in my DS libraries and one in the Poser DSON directory. All this time I was thinking the core essentials were covered because I already had them in DS4.5.

That's what I did and it worked. so worth trying that, let me know how you get on. :)

• zoom_inzoom_in Posts: 6
    edited October 2012

The information on how to install the data for DSON Importer: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dson_importer/poser/userguide/dson_installation_requirements/tutorials/dson_installation/start

Step 3 - What Else do I Need?

In order to use the converted Companion Files in Poser, you will also need to install the updated Genesis Starter Essentials, as well as the Genesis Starter Essentials For Poser installers. You should get these files with your DSON Importer for Poser download. Be sure to download all your files.

Hi everyone, exactly as mentioned by the admin, for who had a problem of DSON not working or nothing loaded in scene when you double-click Genesis:

You need to add paths of both "GenesisStarterEssentials_PoserCF_1.6" & the "directory of your DAZ content" to your Poser library.

I mean, add the directory where you installed starter pack_poserCF to your library , and also add the content folder of your DAZ (not important if it's a custom directory on any partation of your HDD" just add it to your library (you will only access the "runtime inside content directory of Daz" from your poser library but for now,when you load genesis,it will show-up in your scene)
    Now when you add genesis to your scene, it will show-up and you can use exactly just as any Poser figure.

For my case, I had all these for DSON to work :

--Poser with sr3 update,,
    --DS 4.5.1.6 "available here" ,thanks for daz for offering us PRO version serial for free this time (only animate 2 needs purchace"
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/daz-studio-4-pro

--with downloads of DS 4.5.1.6 you will find "14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.6_trx" , DAZ says you can use trx1.4 but I downloaded 1.6 to guarantee latest updates if needed

--and of course DSON 1.0.0.9

I think of modification of some of the directories inside DAZ main content folder to access it from inside Poser library (folders like people can go inside runtime/libraries " because Poser can't read folders outside of Runtime,,,,,,,,why I do this? cause we can load genesis and all its hair/cloth ,poses (not only the starter bundle but also all other genesis content" inside Poser.
    This is why I'm ecited about DSON cause we will have Genesis inside poser (that's great) and we will benefit from Poser renders for genesis characters "Big cheers" .

Post edited by zoom_in on
  • mlp_a6e17c2559mlp_a6e17c2559 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Okei,
    I noticed there was a SR3.1 update installer, to Poser Pro 2012. From yesterday. Installed it, but it didn't help...

• zoom_inzoom_in Posts: 6
    edited October 2012

Okei,
    I noticed there was a SR3.1 update installer, to Poser Pro 2012. From yesterday. Installed it, but it didn't help...

Hi, I have sr3 not sr3.1 but it works with me, if you have a problem of DSON script not working at all, then you need to have the latest DAZ 4.5.1.6 and Genesis starter trx1.6 available for free in the store.

If you have a problem that Genesis doesn't appear in your scene after you double click it, then read my post before yours, I wish this helps.

Post edited by zoom_in on
    edited December 1969

In DAZ Studio you select the head on the figure to see the list of expressions. I would assume it is the same in poser. Select the head, then see the options for morphs/expressions etc.

D'oh! That's what I get for having these drive by sessions in Daz and Poser. I AM going to get to the point where I can spend HOURS in the programs.

Thanks!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

FWArt said:
    OH.

That's what I did and it worked. so worth trying that, let me know how you get on. :)

You should be able to install the updated core files to My Library (or whatever you use). There's no need to have both the new and the previous files, and it may confuse things if you do. I replaced my previous content with the updated files, put the Poser companion files in the same folder, and pointed Poser to it - that seems to be working.