Cookie and Chip

124»

Comments

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,749
    Chohole said:
    Taozen said:
    Kerya said:

You could try contacting him through Deviantart - search for Deviantart Zilvergrafix (NOT safe for work).

OK. He can't be PM'ed here? BTW, what does "not safe for work" mean?

Of course he can be PMed here.   Not safe for work means contains nudity, violence or profanity.

Ah, OK. Well I have no boss looking over my shoulder so no problem here.

Kerya said:

In Zilver's case nudity ...

As for PMing - it might work too, but his latest message here is from April: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1073561/#Comment_1073561

his latest upload at deviantart is from June.

OK. I'll try a PM here first, otherwise Deviantart. Thanks!

edited June 2016
    jakiblue said:

That is just stunning! I may have to go back to 3delight just to use these LOL 

Ýes, 3DL works pretty well for this kind of stuff, though IRay seems better in some cases. Depends. This one is 3DL:

cookie-chip-cleopatra-ceasar-iray.jpg
    1115 x 933 - 294K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

I love doing toon type things in Iray and trying to make them look like real dolls/figures rather than people. I've yet to see 3D toon renderings that I feel work as well as 2D drawing (even professionally it's really really hard.)

edited June 2016

I've been playing a bit with ToonyCam Pro, it can produce some interesting results.

cookie-toonycam-01.jpg
    1115 x 933 - 799K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,451

Thanks for the info/replies about Cookie Dough. I purchased it a couple of hours ago and had a look at it, but I haven't rendered anything yet (I'm kind of uninspired at the moment :( ).  

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    Taozen said:

I've been playing a bit with ToonyCam Pro, it can produce some interesting results.

It looks nice!  ToonyCam does do some nice stuff.  And, Cookie looks good.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I KNEW IT!!! I KNEW you would find it!

Holy cow woman, are you some sort of witch or something??? LOL! 

Kerya said:

PDSmith: PM answered!

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/58911/sss-zilvergrafix-iray-shaders-now-9-shaders

Edited to add: lovely render!

And Ix: now I had to wishlist those Cookie Critters - it's your fault! LOL

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Thanks for the info/replies about Cookie Dough. I purchased it a couple of hours ago and had a look at it, but I haven't rendered anything yet (I'm kind of uninspired at the moment :( ).  

Load her and play with dials? Just for the fun of it ...
     I bet you will come up with a nice morph - and even if you don't have any other characters, the Cookie base has a lot of skin tones to play with.

Jaki: LOL - no, I don't think I am a witch.
    I  just have a good memory and PDSmith gave me the filenames of the original files - which have the funny zly in their name and that jogged my memory of Zilvergrafix files.

Unfortunately there seems to be some problems with ToonyCam in the latest versions of DS (I did this in 4.9.1.30), you get error messages or blank render windows and sometimes DS crashes. You can get it to work in most cases but it's a bit capricious. Someone has reported it but no updates yet. 

Taozen said:

Unfortunately there seems to be some problems with ToonyCam in the latest versions of DS (I did this in 4.9.1.30), you get error messages or blank render windows and sometimes DS crashes. You can get it to work in most cases but it's a bit capricious. Someone has reported it but no updates yet. 

Yes, I noticed those problem when I was doing my toon experiments in my laboratory thread.  I ended up closing DS up completely and reloading my save file with the ToonyCam and finally managed to get some decent images, but it was a little tricky.

• PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited June 2016

Special note here.  RuntimeDNA (it's still alive and since it is owned by Daz I think we can advertise here.)  has a sale on plugins for the Crossdress4 product. the base program is free and  at $4.99 for each license you can pick up one for v4 and cookie . that could mean Cookie's wardrobe just grew 200x it's normal size!  the sale is good till sunday from what I read.

-Paul

Starting work on Chip's Powerpose plugin tonight.

Post edited by PDSmith on

Nothing fancy but I wanted a superhero type mask for my kitty cookie. I'm aware there's a kittysuit type thing available in the store but didn't feel like buying it just for the mask so made my own. Unfortunately my own attempt at ears was ...not great so I decided to just use the critters ears because they're great.

cookie-mask02e.jpg
    800 x 990 - 194K

For those that don't follow the Powerpose thread but do follow here. 

I've made a template for Chip! 

http://pdsmith.deviantart.com/art/Powerpose-Update-for-DAZ-Studio-Cookie-n-Chip-465432403

Now you can speed pose Cookie's main man.

Chip-body.png
    300 x 450 - 105K

Is it not possible to make conforming clothing in DS for Cookie & Chip? The transfer utility doesn't recognise the figure and I don't know enough about Studio's arcane functions to go beyond that point.

• AlienRendersAlienRenders Posts: 791
    edited June 2016

With these pre-genesis figure types, I don't think the transfer utility can be used at all. What I remember is that to make something conforming (or Unimesh fits as they were called in the day for the DAZ standard figures' morphs), you had to somehow copy the figure's morphs to the clothing item. There are two ways to do this. 1. Use a tool like Morphing Clothes at rendo. This is actually one of the better solutions as you can continue using the old formats and the morph transfers work really well. 2. Right click on your figure in the viewport and select "Transfer Active Morphs". The problem here is that it'll only transfer ACTIVE morphs as the name implies. I don't think DAZ ever bothered to change this to transfer all morphs because a figure can have a LOT of morphs and figuring out which ones to transfer would be tedious I guess. Oh, and there's a bug in DAZ Studio (at least every time I tried it) where you can only transfer active morphs if you have a single clothing item fitted on the figure. If you have two or more clothing items, unfit them first. And even then, there's no guarantee it'll work. But it at least has a CHANCE of working. You have nearly zero chance of it working with 2+ clothing items.

I wonder if it's possible to convert the figure to a newer type of figure and have morphs automatically be applied like in G1+ figures.

Post edited by AlienRenders on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    lx said:

Is it not possible to make conforming clothing in DS for Cookie & Chip? The transfer utility doesn't recognise the figure and I don't know enough about Studio's arcane functions to go beyond that point.

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/rigging-legacy-clothing-in-ds/76231

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/legacy-rigging-clothing-in-ds4x/76211

With these pre-genesis figure types, I don't think the transfer utility can be used at all. What I remember is that to make something conforming (or Unimesh fits as they were called in the day for the DAZ standard figures' morphs), you had to somehow copy the figure's morphs to the clothing item. There are two ways to do this. 1. Use a tool like Morphing Clothes at rendo. This is actually one of the better solutions as you can continue using the old formats and the morph transfers work really well. 2. Right click on your figure in the viewport and select "Transfer Active Morphs". The problem here is that it'll only transfer ACTIVE morphs as the name implies. I don't think DAZ ever bothered to change this to transfer all morphs because a figure can have a LOT of morphs and figuring out which ones to transfer would be tedious I guess. Oh, and there's a bug in DAZ Studio (at least every time I tried it) where you can only transfer active morphs if you have a single clothing item fitted on the figure. If you have two or more clothing items, unfit them first. And even then, there's no guarantee it'll work. But it at least has a CHANCE of working. You have nearly zero chance of it working with 2+ clothing items.

I wonder if it's possible to convert the figure to a newer type of figure and have morphs automatically be applied like in G1+ figures.

Kerya said:
    lx said:

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/rigging-legacy-clothing-in-ds/76231

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/legacy-rigging-clothing-in-ds4x/76211

Thanks, guys. I really like Cookie & Chip so I was thinking about making a bunch of outfits for them but wow what a headache. I guess I'll just stick with making one off items.

edited June 2016
    PDSmith said:

For those that don't follow the Powerpose thread but do follow here. 

I've made a template for Chip! 

http://pdsmith.deviantart.com/art/Powerpose-Update-for-DAZ-Studio-Cookie-n-Chip-465432403

Now you can speed pose Cookie's main man.

Never used PowerPose before but I finally got a chance to mess around with it and it's quite nice, thanks for the updates!

Post edited by lx_2807502 on
  • here is one of the first cookies i've ever done

Cookiegreen.png
    996 x 566 - 235K
    edited June 2016
    lx said:

Never used PowerPose before but I finally got a chance to mess around with it and it's quite nice, thanks for the updates!

You're welcome, hope it makes things easier for you like it did for me.

Image Note: Sent Chip to Zbrush (both boxes checked) and made his forhead morphs and sent him back to Studio.

chip d klingon.jpg
    1200 x 1553 - 978K
    Post edited by PDSmith on
  • here is one of the first cookies i've ever done

Absolutely Love It!

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,113
    PDSmith said:
    lx said:

You're welcome, hope it makes things easier for you like it did for me.

Image Note: Sent Chip to Zbrush (both boxes checked) and made his forhead morphs and sent him back to Studio.

Cool!

Dana

• thenotoriousjedthenotoriousjed Posts: 397
    edited June 2016

I'm really liking Cookie and Chip. So much so I purchased the merchant resource to make my own clothes despite the fact I don't have a clue where to start with it. If anyone knows of a tutorial or something to point me to I'd be grateful. I have blender and hexagon and know how to start them up. Past that, .......

Oh, and here's a fun Cookie and Chip render I finished this morning.

ccchores.jpg
    1000 x 1250 - 3M
    Post edited by thenotoriousjed on

I'm really liking Cookie and Chip. So much so I purchased the merchant resource to make my own clothes despite the fact I don't have a clue where to start with it. If anyone knows of a tutorial or something to point me to I'd be grateful. I have blender and hexagon and know how to start them up. Past that, .......

Nice image!  I haven't made anything for Chip yet, but I got the merchant resource to make clothes for Chip and Cookie, too.  Try going to the Male Content Creation Thread.  The first page of the thread has lots of links to tutorials on making clothes that you might find useful.  Good luck.

• I'm really liking Cookie and Chip. So much so I purchased the merchant resource to make my own clothes despite the fact I don't have a clue where to start with it. If anyone knows of a tutorial or something to point me to I'd be grateful. I have blender and hexagon and know how to start them up. Past that, .......

Nice image!  I haven't made anything for Chip yet, but I got the merchant resource to make clothes for Chip and Cookie, too.  Try going to the Male Content Creation Thread.  The first page of the thread has lots of links to tutorials on making clothes that you might find useful.  Good luck.

Thanks. It looks like a few of those may be able to help me get started on the right track.

• CricketCricket Posts: 438
    edited June 2016
    PDSmith said:

Cookie hair fix. 

This was presented over at RuntimeDNA.  Cookie was not designed for Studio.  Poser users don't have this issue.

1) Click on the hair in the scene tab.

2) go to the Parameters tab and click on the "Hamburger' (the three line thingy with the arrow) and then click on "Show Hidden Properties"

3) scroll down to DForm

4) turn 100% to 0%.

Now the hair conforms.

Go back to clicking on Show HIdden Properties or all your products will be showing you things you've never seen before, and don't really need to see.

Dumb question. Loaded the hair, selected it and checked "show hidden properties". However, I can't find the DForm tab. Where am I supposed to look?

Never mind...forgot I already did this awhile ago when I purchased through RDNA.

Post edited by Cricket on