Cookie and Chip

MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 911
edited May 2016 in The Commons

Yeah! Cookie and Chip are in the Install Manager.

Boo: Chip and several other items fail the install (but you can still manually install).

Also available Peaches but not Pickles.

And Cookie still has that thing where if you "fit to" her hair it flattens out.  Maybe someone at DAZ could finally fix some of these products that they acquired.

Edit: Fail to installs: Chip, Shane Hair, Tuft Hair, Cookie's Island Hair, Feather Ties (That's 5 out of 15)

Cookie and Chip.jpg
600 x 600 - 213K
Post edited by MarcCCTx on

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,996

Open a ticket at Customer Support so they can fix the items in question. smiley

• ChuckdozerChuckdozer Posts: 453

But I don't see Cookie and Chip in the store... are they dead and buried (vaulted)?

• adzanadzan Posts: 268

Thanks for starting the thread. same issue, Chip fails to install with IM.

I already have him installed in his original RDNA runtime so I won't worry to much at the mo lol

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,940
    edited May 2016

But I don't see Cookie and Chip in the store... are they dead and buried (vaulted)?

It looks like, so. I got Cookie in my Product Library (manually added from my RuntimeDNA account),

but there is no link to the product page at Daz 3D.

May be it is too early...

Post edited by Artini on
  • MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 911

I'm thinking DAZ is now releasing them to the install manager before they release them in the store to keep you from ordering something you already have. (I accidently did that on one of earlier releases.)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,256

I wouldn't think so. They are *much* newer than Koshini and Co. who have been rereleased here already.

What I think is happening is that it's the Deep Freeze collection which made the migration first. The more current products will move over as the RDNA site gradually shuts down. They're running a 50% off sale over there this weekend, and I've never seen a sale over there that closed when it claimed it was going to. Once that event is over we'll probably get another wave of RDNA stuff into the store here. But it probably won't be the last such. They may be moving things according to original release date with oldest first, or they may be grouping them acording to some other criterion, but moving a whole store is too big a job not to do it in sections

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Weird. Cookie and Chip are in my Product Library here on the site, but not showing in Smart Content/Connect for download. Yet the product library page states it is available through DAZ Connect. Also Suzette hair for Cookie....I don't know when they were added as there is no date, just "manually added". Got me wondering how many other products are in my Product Library that aren't showing in Connect and I have no idea how to check that. You can only filter by 'purchase date' and the rdna files don't have purchase dates. 

Wake me when it's over... sad

Yes, you're right. I don't use DIM or Connect. But she's in my Product Library if I wanted to download her again. So the customer records made the migration before the products officially did.

They just fixed some of the installers. Still missing: Tuft Hair and Feather Ties

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,502

cookie and chip will always have a fond spot in my heart :) glad to see them here. Koshini and Ichiro were the first toons i ever used... now i'm hooked on Star and the Unicorns (so lovely). I'm just a fan in general :) So glad the stuff from RDNA will get a home here and not get lost!

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    MarcCCTx said:

Boo: Chip and several other items fail the install (but you can still manually install).

And Cookie still has that thing where if you "fit to" her hair it flattens out.  Maybe someone at DAZ could finally fix some of these products that they acquired.

Edit: Fail to installs: Chip, Shane Hair, Tuft Hair, Cookie's Island Hair, Feather Ties (That's 5 out of 15)

Love the image. Wonderful bright colors go with the scene.

As I remember the hair problem was due to built in magnets that automatically apply when fit to. I haven't used either of them in long while now and don't remember the fix. frown

I just place the hair with nothing selected, then manually drag the hair to the head for parenting. It's not perfect, you can't move the figure until you have parented the hair or you get all sorts of alignment problems. I didn't realize there were magnets in play here. I check this out when I get home and can play with this some more.

is it possible to edit the file and remove the magnet references? (i have this vague memory of doing something similar with an old Aery Soul outfit...back in the V3 days) 

Spit said:
    MarcCCTx said:

Love the image. Wonderful bright colors go with the scene.

As I remember the hair problem was due to built in magnets that automatically apply when fit to. I haven't used either of them in long while now and don't remember the fix. frown

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,502

the fix is super easy. fit the hair as usual, then zero the hair :) unflattens it and works as normal.

• ItsTravelerItsTraveler Posts: 184

the fix is super easy. fit the hair as usual, then zero the hair :) unflattens it and works as normal.

Thanks for that tip! I was going a little crazy myself!

Tuft Hair fixed. Last one I need if the Feather Ties, but I imagine there are others,

Looks like someone got their wish.

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996
    edited June 2016

Slowly sifting through the 500 disorganised items (that was well thought out) to figure out what the main parts are and the addons, etc. Have discovered that Cookie Dough is the morph pack. Have discovered that there is a bundle for the critters. Have discovered want all of the things but prices kinda add up fast when you add so many items to your cart but they all look so good!

Some of the prices seem a bit ... ambitious. i.e. the bandages ($41 pre sale for the set or 9672 individual pieces that just seem to be direct fits? That's over four times as much as most of her other outfits.)

Post edited by lx_2807502 on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743

Does anyone know if this is a character, a set of textures, or what?

http://www.daz3d.com/precious-cleopatra

Textures for an outfit called Cleopatra Clothes

http://www.daz3d.com/cleopatra-clothes-for-cookie

This is the character

http://www.daz3d.com/cleopatra ;

Taozen said:

edited June 2016

So I bought Cookie and the Cookie Dough pack (and about a billion other parts) and rescued them from the depths of poser folder hell, but I have a couple of questions since I don't really understand ancient format things that well.

1. Am I understanding it right that you need to load the actual cookie dough model to use its morphs on cookie (which technically suggests you could buy cookie dough without cookie, though then you'd have no skins hair etc.) ?

2. What on earth are !JPs ?

Also random but I really love IGDs pose set for her~

Also also just to make you guys cry, I've never seen a clothing item that doesn't autofit but has handle things to rotate bits of it; that's kinda cool. Can't really figure out how to add smoothing iterations to the bits that do autofit but manual mostly works fine~

Post edited by lx_2807502 on

Got paid yesterday. Took care of the bills. No moolah left, so not even gonna bother to look at what's in there sad

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Ix:

1. Cookie Dough is only the cr2 loaded with morphs - and it does call the Cookie.obj file, so you need Cookie too.

2. JPs are JointParameters - something like weightmapping for Poser (very roughly)

Chuckdozer:

There is always the wishlist. LOL

Kerya said:

Ix:

1. Cookie Dough is only the cr2 loaded with morphs - and it does call the Cookie.obj file, so you need Cookie too.

2. JPs are JointParameters - something like weightmapping for Poser (very roughly)

Chuckdozer:

There is always the wishlist. LOL

Ah, thank you!

Do they actually do anything in Studio?

Strange old formats and controls aside, Cookie has basically shot straight to my #1 favourite character. She's perfect for anime art and she has so many fantastic hairs. I'm not a fan of realistic conforming hair so having so many toon hair options added is great. Shame it doesn't all work with Genesis (but I wouldn't really want to buy it all again either >.>)

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743

Well the promos say "2 extra texture packs included" but only show the same two textures so I wonder what the main item(s) are. The character in the promos (which is the one I wanted) it not the same either as the Cleopatra character either. Think I'm going to buy it to check it out.

It's annoying, lots of nice Cookie characters in the promos but very few in the store, and of those few only a couple really interesting ones. Seems to be a general trend for the Littlefox toon characters - lots of clothes but not many characters available anymore.

jakiblue said:

This is the character

Taozen said:

Taozen said:

Well the promos say "2 extra texture packs included" but only show the same two textures so I wonder what the main item(s) are. The character in the promos (which is the one I wanted) it not the same either as the Cleopatra character either. Think I'm going to buy it to check it out.

It's annoying, lots of nice Cookie characters in the promos but very few in the store, and of those few only a couple really interesting ones. Seems to be a general trend for the Littlefox toon characters - lots of clothes but not many characters available anymore.

jakiblue said:

This is the character

Taozen said:

Cookie comes with a range of skin and eye/hair options already, which was why I went for the base and the cookie dough morphs so that I could make a wide range of shapes without having to buy specific characters. I don't recognise that blushy face cleopatra skin from anything I've seen today though.

I'm still irritated that they just shoved ALL of the items into one big cluster. I came up with the great plan of wishlisting the ones I liked to try and sort them from there but they immediately disappeared into random parts of my wishlist which also has no search function (nor is Cookie etc. a selectionable option in filters.) The store organisation is already awful and each time all these new product ranges have come in they turn up in a big block of randomly named stuff that only those experienced with the content already understand the differences between.

Imagine a world where a figure type was highlighted and then it showed the addons for that figure shape (centaurs, morph packs) had a separate section for clothing (which would show its addon textures) and hair, and poses - all of it appropriately labeled as what it is. Probably a good thing that doesn't exist since then shopping would be a whole lot more enticing and I already spent my entire store credit budget on Cookie items.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    lx said:

.. She's perfect for anime art and she has so many fantastic hairs. I'm not a fan of realistic conforming hair so having so many toon hair options added is great. Shame it doesn't all work with Genesis (but I wouldn't really want to buy it all again either >.>)

parent, don't fit - or look here:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1866/ramworks-tutorials-pp2-and-hr2-to-figure-painting-genesis-in-zbrush/p1

Kerya said:
    lx said:

.. She's perfect for anime art and she has so many fantastic hairs. I'm not a fan of realistic conforming hair so having so many toon hair options added is great. Shame it doesn't all work with Genesis (but I wouldn't really want to buy it all again either >.>)

parent, don't fit - or look here:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1866/ramworks-tutorials-pp2-and-hr2-to-figure-painting-genesis-in-zbrush/p1

Oh, that's clever, thank you!

You know, in my head you've kind of become this super smart helpful forum index who knows where all the cool things are.