StrangeFate's stuff: Tribal Weapons promos.

Comments

• You've managed to capture the wet-looking reflections on the mirror perfectly! I'd definitely wear some flip-flops before going in there after that guy. I thought showering at the gym and getting athlete's foot was bad, but who knows what kind of rot that dude left behind . . .

- Greg

• Thanks Greg, it sure detracts from the dirt on the mirror that's not looking as great :)

• Looks like lint left by the towel (after trying to clear the fog from a hot shower) is catching some light to me.

• Here's a couple of Halloween themed renders created while doing some testing:

Can't say enough good things about set! There's the obvious, like the quality of the materials, number of rooms, etc. And then there's the not so obvious, like the number of high quality props for each room (all separate nodes for easy manipulation). There are also multiple lighting setups and render settings included that let you control day/night, as well as the warmth/coolness of the exterior light and some shadow control.

Another thing that I appreciated is the organization and all the user-facing files making the set easy to use inside DS. In addition to easy access to individual props, each room can be loaded (with it's props) with the grouping all setup so you can quickly turn entire rooms and its contents invis. The walls, floors and ceilings are separated out making it easy to hide them while posing figures in the space, and of course you can make individual props invis, too. And yes, there are doors in every room.

The last thing I'd like to mention is all of the controls in the parameters pane for things like opening/closing doors and turning all of the interior lights on/off. The light controls are particularly useful so you don't have go digging through surfaces to control them.

I could say more, but you get the idea, and I think the quality of the images speaks for itself. It was great to be able to focus on posing/clothing the figures and just plop them in the environment.

- Greg

• You're so hired as the new PR manager Greg. Whoever the last one was, is fired!

• StrangeFateStrangeFate Posts: 758
    edited October 2018

I've just been working on basic renders for the store page, sticking to 4 hours render time for each of them.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited October 2018

Few more renders for the store page:

edited October 2018

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

I've had the pleasure of beta testing this product and it's by far the most realistic environment that I own or even have seen in the store. The "lived in" touches are amazing.Tings, dings, dents and scratches that are very minor and hardly noticeable (like real life furniture, floors, desks, etc) but really give much more real looking environment(s).

I adore this entire apartment and the incredible attention to detail. You guys have really gone above and beyond with these rooms and it shows! Excellent work!!

• Thanks Diva, and thanks for all the testing and comments!

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893
    edited October 2018

Few more renders for the store page:

O noez iz haunted hause! crying For real, though? I love this set, and unless it's going to be like $99, I'm pretty likely to buy it. heart Seeing the progress on it in the pictures almost makes me want to learn to create.

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576

Here's another render using this set:

Love the mats on the carpet and couch, and the way the light comes through the layers of curtains.

- Greg

• Good news!

QA is almost done and price will be a lot lower than $99 :)

I started a a forum threat for it in the commercial area, in case you guys want to post your renders there. 

• Apartment is out now! https://www.daz3d.com/roguey

Yay, you did it! Congratulations to you both!

• Thanks Tiger! :)

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

Brillinat work, the pair of you - well done and thank you!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

Congrads to your both Strange!!!!

• RainRain Posts: 335

I swore I wasn't going to buy another product for the next little while, instead I was going to use all the ones I had but not used.  Drat!  I had to have this, it looks incredible.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,069

I have just barely started to look at this - but this one product may have just killed the market for contemporary home, apartment, and hotel rooms.

• Been playing a bit with texturing Roguey's next product, which she pretty much already finished modeling (I get no rest to even do my own stuff)... She's done a medieval bedroom in a Game of Thrones / Stark house look which should be fun to texture.

Playing around with worn effects to see what I can get away with without sculpting, which of course would make details read a lot better.

Wow it is looking really good!!

• I haven't had much time to play with it yet, but am amazed at the detail.  I hope it's successful enough to inspire more work.   There's probalby a market for high quality clutter. 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,165

Oh wow, the medieval-style set will definitely be a must-have for me!

edited November 2018

Bed done, texture feels a bit too gamey for my taste, but I'll decide when it's in the room and lit...

Post edited by StrangeFate on

Well I do not think it is gamey at all.

I think it looks pretty damn realistic if you ask me.

It looks really cool! I can't wait to see more of this set. :) Now I haven't watched Game of Thrones, but... do the characters get chained to their beds a lot? My mind ran straight into the gutter of naughty possibilities when I noticed the rings on the headboard. devil angel

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Really looking forward to that medieval set!  Right up my alley for sure lol

• Another chair for the room

• RakudaRakuda Posts: 931

Looing forward to this. Great wood textures. Enjoying the European Apartment so far.

^__^