StrangeFate's stuff: Tribal Weapons promos.

Comments

• StrangeFateStrangeFate Posts: 758

Hey Hemi, they're usually on the inside around here

Fridge and Oven done... then again while I was staring at the Daz render of the oven I realized that we had forgotten to make a tray and shelf for it... so that's still coming.

edited August 2018

Kitchen done, just have to decorate a bit more with existing pieces and resize some of them, some seem a bit off in scale.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576
    edited August 2018

This blows similar themed sets available in the store out of the water, Mario. So much attention to detail!

I said it before and I’ll say it again - I really think there is enough here for multiple products and a bundle.

- Greg

Post edited by algovincian on
  • KindredArtsKindredArts Posts: 1,236

You've put a monstrous amount of work into this SF, well done indeed. Can't wait for it to hit the store. smiley

• I hear ya Greg and you're most likely right. I just feel that some of the rooms aren't really that interesting to be sold alone, tho in the end, if Daz wants to break it up, then that's what will happen, but I'm hoping it will be fine to have it as a full apartment.

Either way, I've learned my lesson to stick to smaller projects...

edited September 2018

Almost there! Mostly just bedding stuff, material tweaks and some misc decorations left to texture (TV, Vases etc). The wood in the render is also too orange atm.

edited September 2018

Entrance done, might have to make the frame of the mirror a bit rounder when I get to cleaning up stuff.

Just looking at it on my phone, but it looks fantastic – especially the door. All of the wear on the knob, around the keyhole, on the bottom edge, etc. really helps to trick our eyes/minds into forgetting it’s a render. The subtle imperfections on the walls/ceiling (especially where they meet) help a bunch, too. Let me buy it now - I’ve already picked up the digital kitty and he’s ready to to go!

- Greg

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I love your kitchen. It looks fantastic.

edited September 2018

Office space and some vases that can be scaled up or down for decoration.

Greg - I'll need testers again for the product, so your cat could get the cat tree for free if you're interested :)

Thanks Knittingmoomy, if you feel like testing another product again and cook something up in that kitchen, let me know

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

I know I for one would love to test out your amazing product @Strangefate if you would like me to that is.

@Strangefate. Gah! I would love to, but I'm really swamped with book projects at the moment. Turns out I can actually write and people will pay me. Who knew! I'd hate to say yes and then let you down. However, I'll be one of the first in line to buy the kitchen when it comes out.

Of course - it would be my pleasure, Mario. This set is definitely something I'd buy anyway. Looking forward to it!

- Greg

edited September 2018

Knittingmommy - No worries, glad to hear writing is working out that well!

Greg, Saphirewild - Thanks, I'll message you both about it when things are ready. Looking to have everything done around end of the month, but depends a bit of how much sun there is outside.

Last decorations for the kitchen:

• RakudaRakuda Posts: 931

Super excited to see this come out! Looks good!

@Strangefate Thanks. Oh, those are nice! I don't recall seeing spice bottles like those in the store anywhere. Could really use those.

edited September 2018

The 99% finished large bedroom. Have to tweak the folds normalmap along the seam of the duvet, it's too strong, and there's 1-2 small props still being cleaned up.
    I showed the girl how to 3D scan objects so now we have apples, bananas, oranges, gnomes... and other things, she quite loves doing it.

The duvet works with dForce and also comes with a few morphs done with it, like the one used in the image to save people some time.

Hoping to finish everything this week to star testing.

• Looking forward to it! Can’t wait to play around . . .

- Greg

edited September 2018

It's done!!

Tomorrow I'll build the product and make a Zip for testing, will send a message through the forum when it's reay for download.

While I'll save the rooms as separate scenes tomorrow too, they will also be hidden by default in the complete scene. Not sure how Daz handles things, but it does seem to load most things only after you unhide them, so loading the full apartment might not be too bad on the system.

I'll be posting more renders over the next week as I work on the promo images and do general tests.

The final layout:

• Great way to show the entire layout and all that's included - looks so cool!

- Greg

• I so can not wait to play with this set!!! 

So many possibilities!!!!

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

If you need another beta tester, feel free to send it my way. :) I'd be happy to help do some promo images too if you'd like. :) Some scenes with some characters might be a nice addition to the promo images.

• That would be great Diva!.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

So beautiful! And the level of detail you've put into it is amazing!

• Thanks Llynara :)

A few prop renders for the store page...

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

Wow, this is almost like seeing the homes of a lot of people I know! Definitely a very (northern?) European vibe in this whole set. heart

• Thanks Tiger! :)

Been setting up a night time scene to be included in the product too with the regular day time one, and made some renders continuing the European Vibe: unwanted monsters in your home!

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,170

Loving the level of detail your putting into this..nice work!

• Thanks Stonemason :)

A few other renders from the night time scene. They're all rendered on a Nvidia GTX970 at 2600x2000 and then scaled down in PS by 50% with a render time cap of 4 hours. Some finished easily before that, others would have kept going, but hopefully gives people an idea of what to expect.