StrangeFate's stuff: Tribal Armor & Body Paints out now!

Comments

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576

Optimizing VRAM usage has been somewhat exhausting...

Ha! Well, your efforts are greatly appreciated (optimizing the resolution of all the different maps, presets for different texture resolutions, instancing, grouping for easy hiding/deleting, etc.). The work setting all that up goes a long way towards making the rendering of such beautiful detail possible.

You all are in for a treat when you see everything that comes with this set. There are a boatload of props! Don't forget that this set and the Medieval Fantasy Bedroom are a perfect pair. The huge selection of props from the Red/Black Crow Inn (over 100) can be mixed/matched with the props from the bedroom (over 50).

Like others, I am also eager to see what Strangefate and Roguey create as far as an exterior environment goes. Zero doubt that it will be amazing.

- Greg

ETA: Your pano looks incredible - so much detail to see everywhere!

• At some point people might stop believing I'm not paying you to say nice things about our stuff.

@lilweep - Doing an exterior for this was the plan once upon a time yes and would still be one of the exteriors on my to-do list, but for now there's other products already started that need to be finished first.
    The original plan for the exteriors was an initially Fall setting (cause fall is easy to make look good) and later give them a winter/snow treatment, depending on time and popularity of the original exteriors but again, while I'm still looking to do all that I really can't say when or what will happen to the plans once I actually start some R&D for them.

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

*siiiiigh*

I wants it, precioussss

I wants it now!

• You know, the odd thing is, this Inn is almost exactly how I envision my s/o's Inn within a story we have been collaborating on for almost a decade; up to the open balcony on the second floor and the rear entry.  It's almost uncanny, and I cannot wait to surprise him with this in a render of a few of the main characters in that story.  

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

I know this has been said before but this set is just outstanding!!  The details are just wow! 

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,235

how do you do panorama renders?

lilweep said:

how do you do panorama renders?

Sorry for not seeing your question sooner, @lilweep.

You'll want to set a 2 to 1 aspect ratio in the Render Settings, and set the desired size. Then select your camera, and under Parameters->Lens choose spherical for the Lens Distortion Type. You'll want to level the camera out before rendering, too.

HTH.

- Greg

• StrangeFateStrangeFate Posts: 757
    edited December 2019

Playing around with Promos:

The first one reflects more or less how I felt when we started the Inn, and the second one how I feel now at the end of it...

Post edited by StrangeFate on
  • OMG. You will feel better when it's released... wink

• Those are great renders

I'm really looking forward to this

With all the work and effort you've put forth in this I expect once it's released you'll just want to have a drink and pass out for a bit

• OdinVonDOdinVonD Posts: 243

lol I don't blame you. I can practically feel the desire to just have it over through the screen. 

But you did an amazing job and hopefully you'll be raking in the dough and admiration and praise from all your hard work! 

• Hope i'll still have energy to enjoy all that dough and admiration :)

More playing around with promos. I'm finding that the lighting makes almost every corner and angle look good with the armor in it... so hard to decide...

Love your crow mascot! The red/black was a great idea for the different configurations.

- Greg

• I made the crow shield long before we had the second version of the Inn... and it later took me a while to connect the dots and do the whole Red/Black branding thing with it.
    But if you just focus on the results and not the journey, it does look like smart thinking :p

Product was submitted yesterday, I imagine there will be some delays due to the Holidays and also because Roguey is polishing an Inn poses product to go along.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

• X-mas surprise laugh yeah!

happy holidays to you heart

Hooray! Congrats! Looking forward to giving you my money! 

CONGRATS ON THE RELEASE OF THE TAVERN!!!! 

I seriously CAN'T WAIT to get home after work and give it a go! 

• Got it..  I have to wait to try it out, but I was surpried by the price.  I expected this much to be more expensive. The period is not one I've used, but it is so good I had to get it anyway.

Got it..  I have to wait to try it out, but I was surpried by the price.  I expected this much to be more expensive. The period is not one I've used, but it is so good I had to get it anyway.

It truly is a great value. Grats on the release, Mario! I know how hard you worked on it, and it really shows. Cheers!

- Greg

edited January 2020

Thanks all ! :)

I'm actually a bit dissapointed so far to be honest. I was fine with the price but it's selling a lot better than the bedroom in the first day but still generating significantly less, I imagine because of that additional fantasy sale.
    Given that the first day is always the most important with Daz, it really feels a bit like a slap in the face from Daz. I think the Inn would have done just fine without additional stuff. Most of the sales are generating between 1.30 to 2.50 USD which is kinda laughable and sends the message that putting too much effort and time into a product is too much of a gamble with their random sales.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,326

Check and make sure your partnership percentages are properly split or some other accounting mixup. Definitely inquire with marketing.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,326

And stating the obvious, Outstanding work! Awesome modelling, intricate details, texturing, and promos. Really impressive. You derserve to be properly compensated for the effort.

• And stating the obvious, Outstanding work! Awesome modelling, intricate details, texturing, and promos. Really impressive. You derserve to be properly compensated for the effort.

+1yesyesyesyes

Given that the first day is always the most important with Daz, it really feels a bit like a slap in the face from Daz. I think the Inn would have done just fine without additional stuff. Most of the sales are generating between 1.30 to 2.50 USD which is kinda laughable and sends the message that putting too much effort and time into a product is too much of a gamble with their random sales.

That's... Really unfortunate. I'm sorry that it didn't go the way you'd hoped :( 

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

So let us spread the word about this incredible product and also generate great renders in every gallery we know with the link to it here. We can make the sales explode!!!!! heart

• So let us spread the word about this incredible product and also generate great renders in every gallery we know with the link to it here. We can make the sales explode!!!!! heart

Hear hear - It needs to be in the most popular top 5  ASAP 

I keep doing great renders over and over without any tweaks in a few minutes flat.

edited January 2020

UPDATE: So after looking at the numbers today, things look a bit more as expected. I think I had the poor luck of looking at a sales page that had some of the lower sale numbers but today with more to look at, most of them look appropriate. By the end of the first day, sales more or less were realistic compared to the Bedroom. I don't understand all the type of discounts people can get here, so that scared me for a moment there but it doesn't seem to have hurt the overall results.

Thanks for all the support in a moment of panic :)

Remember to set metallicity to 0 on the chair for renders if you can, until it gets fixed :)

• UPDATE: So after looking at the numbers today, things look a bit more as expected. I think I had the poor luck of looking at a sales page that had some of the lower sale numbers but today with more to look at, most of them look appropriate. By the end of the first day, sales more or less were realistic compared to the Bedroom. I don't understand all the type of discounts people can get here, so that scared me for a moment there but it doesn't seem to have hurt the overall results.

Remember to set metallicity to 0 on the chair for renders if you can, until it gets fixed :)

yes

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

UPDATE: So after looking at the numbers today, things look a bit more as expected. I think I had the poor luck of looking at a sales page that had some of the lower sale numbers but today with more to look at, most of them look appropriate. By the end of the first day, sales more or less were realistic compared to the Bedroom. I don't understand all the type of discounts people can get here, so that scared me for a moment there but it doesn't seem to have hurt the overall results.

Well, I think we spread the word in any case wink. This product earned it. Already done first render.