StrangeFate's stuff: Tribal Weapons promos.

Comments

• StrangeFateStrangeFate Posts: 758
    edited September 2019

Sorry NNAP, they'll come after this set, no more delays**

Figuring out the different wood and metal materials on some pieces:

**probably.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

This looks incredible... promised instant buy laugh

• This is amazing! I'm getting it as soon as it's in the store! 

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,249

your texturing is second to none.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

You always do such a great job on your modeling!

• Currently rebuilding the wooden structural skeleton of the Inn in Daz. Rather than just exporting everything as is, I'm rebuilding it all with instanced pieces (where possible) in the hopes it will make a difference :)

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

WCurrently rebuilding the wooden structural skeleton of the Inn in Daz. Rather than just exporting everything as is, I'm rebuilding it all with instanced pieces (where possible) in the hopes it will make a difference :)

Incredible work... yes  take your time. Impatiently waiting wink

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,279

WCurrently rebuilding the wooden structural skeleton of the Inn in Daz. Rather than just exporting everything as is, I'm rebuilding it all with instanced pieces (where possible) in the hopes it will make a difference :)

Incredible work... yes  take your time. Impatiently waiting wink

Ditto

• Same as Lothar. Like, refreshing this page constantly to see what's new :P 

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,249

Do instances save on scene memory?

I feel bad for that other PA who recently released a similarly themed inn/tavern.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,876
    peenwolf said:

Do instances save on scene memory?

I feel bad for that other PA who recently released a similarly themed inn/tavern.

don't, I bought it

• I think the Inn should be done within a month btw, hopefully sooner... but from experience I know there'll be distractions.

I think the tavern that was just release was pretty neat, afaik it was the one from the Hobbit/ LotR (?). Either way it came out first so if anything, ours should be the one to suffer as people may not want to get yet another Tavern so soon.

Instances save memory yes. Any piece that's instanced is loaded only once into memory. For some renderers it also improves performance, but I wouldn't know how it is with Daz/Iray on that end.

• I bought the other inn as well. They're both fantastic and both have their own theme and setting. I don't know that they're similar enough to worry about too much competition between the two! 

edited September 2019

More progress on the wooden structural parts.

-Dirt and dust on some surfaces will be unifyed properly at the end, right now things may look a bit off.
    -There's also a vertical line on the reddish texture used on the heavy beams... I know which layer is causing it but will fix it at a later time....
    -Some of the wood tones and types may change as things come together, hard to tell what will work until I have a bit more of everything in there.
    -All the wooden floors use morphs for their irregularities, so you can have them perfectly straight and flat, if the bendy look doesn't do it for everyone.

• Looking good

• Speechless... heart

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203

Morphing floor boards is very clever. We appreciate the details you add.

• Hoooolyyyyy coooow! I am so in awe of this. I can't wai to have it! 

• Unbelievable detail! Looking forward to it

edited September 2019

Thanks all!

Getting the walls there, they'll receive more love later, but they're good enough to build the spaces with them and get an idea of whether they fit well enough visually.

Right now they're made of planes with displacements on them but I'm wondering if I should convert the displacements to geometry and optimize them like I did with the Medieval Bedroom.

It's more work but if I remember correctly from past products, displacements set up to work well in Iray didn't work so well in 3Delight, so people wanting to use the walls with 3Delight wouldn't get much fun out of it.

Also, while optimized polygonal detail might use more memory when loading the meshes, it should ultimately be cheaper than the Daz subdivision level necessary to achieve a similar level of detail.

• Allright. I repeat... speechless surpriseheart. And still: Instant buy!

• Allright. I repeat... speechless surpriseheart. And still: Instant buy!

What he said

edited September 2019

Noty a very productive week, Roguey finished the windows yesterday and has done a lot of other stuff that's already imported into Daz with a first texture pass but I haven't looked at it yet, want to finish all the architectural bits first.

• surprise ohhhhhh you’re teasing and tormenting us.... Wahooooooooo......

• In the moment I’ve so much ideas in my mind... laugh

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

This is freaking gorgeous and SO expansive. i hate how most sets look so cramped. Our fighters and wizards can really stretch out in this joint! :)

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

That looks very very good Strangefate

edited September 2019

There's been more progress but the other things aren't attached to anything interesting yet...

and as always, everything is WIP.

• Yeah.... also the lightning is awesome laugh

• The lighting/render settings are the same as the Medieval Bedroom so far. I'm trying to stick to the same values for eveything so I won't have to change them. Should save me some time.