StrangeFate's stuff: Tribal Armor & Body Paints out now!

Comments

• Almost there, need to touch up some stuff on the wall and add some spider webs here and there...

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

It will be nice to have a door to the outside!

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,266

Looks good

• Some interior shots. Some things are still WIP and decorations are still being moved around... some textures are not fully done yet etc.

I kinda don't mind the current rug design, perhaps just making the blue a bit brighter or making it green'ish, but Roguey hates it... opinions welcome :)

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576

Is it the colors or the pattern that she's not sure about?

I like the more vibrant bits of color. The earth tones in general seem very fitting to me for such a dwelling (I especialy like the curved wood chair design with the plaid), but the splashes of other colors that the pink/purple flowers, turqoise bottles, the rug, etc. bring to the table serve to break things up a bit nicely. 

The mosaic tile table with the apples is a nice touch - great classic still-life study! Maybe bump up the subD on the round window so there's no faceting?

- Greg

• Greg, she doesn't like the colors and overall likes more option 'B' she's been doing... can be seen in the first image below. For me personally it's too generic, bland and repeating... but she's still working on it, trying to find a compromise we can both like enough :p

And some general info...

The entrance comes in 2 sizes, a longer and shorter one (images below) and versions with and without windows on the sides.
    As with the previous Fantasy Home products, there's also Scene subsets included that will decorate any entrance version with the Hallway furniture, so you don't need the entrance furniture if you have the Hallway furniture (although the support is always appreciated!).

The architecture is saved in a way that lets you plug any facade to the entrance... so in future we can just do new facades that will plug into the current interior for more variation.

Noone be stealing them apples with the new HobbitLock 2000!  ...texture should be a bit brighter perhaps...

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,266

WOW

Greg pretty well summed it up

As for the rug I like both of em

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

Rug B is the clear winner for me. I prefer the more subtle look.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,148

I rather like them both - maybe a second material preset option? devil

• Promo time,starting with the obligatory shot from the inside with the open door.

The painted exterior bits come in green, red and blue and with and without the porch part opnt he sides.
    There's a short and a long version of the entrance and comes with a piece of hallway at the end that can be connected to the hallways from the Fantasy Home Hallways product, all on a 1 meter or 25cm grid as usual.

• Wow

• I also prefer rug B as well. It seems more fitting to me.

• Well, both rugs are in!

And another promo, this time using the Fantasy Home - Hallway furniture. Scene Subsets to decorate the entrance with the Hallway furniture product are included too.

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576
    edited September 2021

Here's a render from a little further away outside showing the new Entrance, with the Large Room attached to the side, integrated into a full 3d environment:

It's so cool how modular and coherent the Entrance, the Large Room, and the Hallway are!

Getting the structures to fit seamlessly into an environment was made easier by the way the bottom edges of the exterior are handled. The materials for the bottom include dirt/grime, and there's a nice sloped pile of dirt (actual geo) all the way around with some rocks and greenery, too (I especially like how this dirt fills the gaps in the masonry). This all helps to soften the transition with the ground of the environment. In addition, there's a patch of earth in front of the entrance that comes complete with flowers, grass, and a sand/dirt patch. This really helped to tie things in to the path in the environment.

I thought the Fantasy Bedroom was the best set of this genre in the DAZ store, until the Red Crow Inn came out. And now, the bar has been raised even higher with the entire Fantasy Home collection!

Its creators have earned a well-deserved break, but I can't help but dream about what other fantastic sets the future might bring. Can you imagine how awesome a tree-top environment with the graceful curves of an elven aesthetic made by Roguey/Strangefate would be? Or how about a subterranean realm hewn from rock with cavernous chambers covered in geometric patterns and the runes of dwarves?

- Greg

Post edited by algovincian on
  • That Cavernous Dwarf chamber with the typical angular architecture is actually on my to-do list. At this rate, you can probably count with it early 2053, guaranteed to render instantaneously on your GForce 50090 Ti

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

Yay Dwarves!

No hidden Elvish dwelling in a valley with many waterfalls then? (Hopefully not, it would take the incentive out of my project to create same in Blender LOL)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

Kudos on the topology of the Fantasy home sets. I finally built a scene using the Great room, and some of the furniture, and the *only* thing I had to export due to losing polys in 3DL was the chair at the table. everything else came through like a champ.

I was able to do a spot render without even converting it, but I did do conversions and change a few surfaces with shaders before the final render.

• @JOdel - I added a script to the modo fbx export process that removes all the weightmaps from open edges automatically... which is what causes polygons to disappear in 3DL so in theory it shouldn't be happening anymore, but given the back and forth some props sometimes go through... they might have been re-exported without using my magic export button :/

edited September 2021

Thought I'd add the image that I did using the main room. It's intended to be used as a portrait in another scene, so the final includes an analog art filter, and it's inset into that scene. But this is the unfiltered render. 

Everything was converted to 3DL and I think I slapped a plaster shader preset onto the walls, and may have stuck a few shaders on upholstry or whatever. But most of it is just as it came through the conversion.

ETA: I take part of that back. I did do some fairly heavy tweaking on the candles and flames.

Portrait.jpg
    796 x 1145 - 119K
    Post edited by JOdel on
  • Hello!

I really like this fantasy home, it is so much fun. Thank you so much!

Have you thought of making a matching bed, like a double bunk bed (is that what it is called?) 

I think you might mean a loft bed. I don't think so. There is a standard wide bed in their Medieval bedroom though.

• @Heste - We're taking a bit of a break from Hobbit stuff after the entrance to some other stuff, including finishing some armors, but after that, the next thing will probably be a fitting Bedroom furniture set, a bunk bed is not a bad idea!

Entrance will be out in a few days, there's more promos in the release thread:
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/465396/coming-soon-rog-fantasy-home-entrance-furniture-set-products-commercial/p1

Something that might be appropriate, but I don't often see is a cupboard bed. Admittedly, probably more common in colder climates.

• Strangefate said:

@Heste - We're taking a bit of a break from Hobbit stuff after the entrance to some other stuff, including finishing some armors, but after that, the next thing will probably be a fitting Bedroom furniture set, a bunk bed is not a bad idea!

I'm so glad to hear about armor! Looking forward to new clothes с:

• Strangefate said:

@Heste - We're taking a bit of a break from Hobbit stuff after the entrance to some other stuff, including finishing some armors, but after that, the next thing will probably be a fitting Bedroom furniture set, a bunk bed is not a bad idea!

Entrance will be out in a few days, there's more promos in the release thread:
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/465396/coming-soon-rog-fantasy-home-entrance-furniture-set-products-commercial/p1

Hopefully not too long of a break, I'm really looking forward to more pieces to this house set. It's a key component to a game I'm working on. Bedroom would be perfect. I'm using pieces from other sets to try to build a kitchen and workshop. 

• QUICK DAZ STUDIO 4.20 UPDATE:

If you updated to Daz Studio 4.20, the lighting of the Inn will most likely be broken currently. We're working on a solution and will update all our affected products ASAP.

The 4.20 update will most likely not be backwards compatible, so if you plan on never ever, ever updating to Daz Studio 4.20, make sure to have/download a backup of all your ROG Products before we update them :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,822
    edited February 2022

Strangefate said:

QUICK DAZ STUDIO 4.20 UPDATE:

If you updated to Daz Studio 4.20, the lighting of the Inn will most likely be broken currently. We're working on a solution and will update all our affected products ASAP.

The 4.20 update will most likely not be backwards compatible, so if you plan on never ever, ever updating to Daz Studio 4.20, make sure to have/download a backup of all your ROG Products before we update them :)

thankyou

and thanks for the warning, I will grab my saved zips for a separate library to use with 4.11

as well as updates when you do them for the latest beta, it's not as if my smart content metadata works anyway wink

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,148

Strangefate said:

QUICK DAZ STUDIO 4.20 UPDATE:

Thanks for the warning, I'll make sure I keep my current version installers clearly marked! I'm likely to stay on DS4.16 for a long time yet, but thanks for doing the updates which (one day) I hope to be able to use!

• Thanks for the information on the updating. I've used the Inn extensively for my DnD renders, as it's an excellent interior to use, with lots of nice options.