StrangeFate's stuff: Tribal Weapons promos.

Comments

• It's out and minesmiley

• It is out indeed !!!!!

Hallways coming next... should have some preview soon'ish, they're almost done.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,148

Wow, these shot into my cart so quickly I can still smell burning!

Now I just hope my aged PC can handle them - thanks for the simple materials option on the room, it should help. I love your work and look forward to (a) more sets, (b) a new improved PC (not much you can do about the latter though).

• Thanks for the interest @MelanieL :)

Within Iray I'd keep the default materials and use the simpler versions for outside Iray when VRAM is not an issue. Also, just delate the exterior if you're only doing interior renders, should help a lot.

Overall, I tried to make everything as optimized as possible.

Strangefate said:

Thanks for the interest @MelanieL :)

Within Iray I'd keep the default materials and use the simpler versions for outside Iray when VRAM is not an issue. Also, just delate the exterior if you're only doing interior renders, should help a lot.

Overall, I tried to make everything as optimized as possible.

VRAM is never an issue for me as I only render in CPU mode. (I have an elderly GPU in my elderly PC which is no longer supported for Iray - luckily it still suffices for dForce simulations).

Anyway it all looks stunning - I look forward to trying it when I've had the chance to download and install.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

Mine and filed onto my computer! Love both sets.

• I must say it looks good in Filament too, the transmap issues many things suffer don't seem to be a problem 

I did need to apply a less shiny shader to the floor though and replace it with the maps because I couldn't figure out how to make it less shiny for filament

it is a complicated shader and reducing glossy reflectivity had no effect

My wizard is shiny in comparison though blush just rendering a quick animation

c0119.jpg
    2600 x 1463 - 3M
  • @WendyLuvsCatz - I did my best to make sure things looked decent in Filament. It can be tricky because some of the settings that look nice in Iray will ruin the brightness/contrast in Filament.

The floors and walls (interior and exterior) will be shiny in Filament and will lose the texture blending they have. I believe it's because the 4 layer Iray shader it's not supported properly in Filament yet.
    If you apply the Hierarchical 'Simple Material Preset' that's included to the whole scene, it will replace those 4 layer materials with regular Iray materials that have all the detail baked in, that should make all the walls and floor look much better, and not shiny.

• thanks for that information heart

• Thank you for the purchase!

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Gorgeous work! 

Just curious- what do you model your work in? It's just incredible.

• @Llynara - Modo, but blender would do just as fine. Roguey does most of the furniture modeling btw, I just to some tweaking to her models where needed and texture them.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

You both make a great team. Your work is very inspiring!

• OdinVonDOdinVonD Posts: 243

Congrats on it being released! It's amazing! 

• StrangeFateStrangeFate Posts: 758
    edited February 2021

Thanks @OdinVonD !

Some quick previews of the Hallways (hard to make them look epic) - floor is missing, a number of props aren't properly textured yet, wall wear isn't properly painted yet either etc etc...

Basically, there will be a large and a shorter section of hallway (that fit the max with of the small and large rooms) and walls with doors, windows, plain wall. There's L shapes and caps to close hallways... Some nicer windows are missing for the caps, a windowed double door that can be used to split sections (or to replace the doors that lead to the rooms).

Renders are just some quick assembly Roguey did to see how we were doing so far and what was missing. You'll have decorated prefabs to chose from or will be able to build what you need by loading a version without walls, then the high and short walls you want.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • I would buy that in exact that way. Incredible! surprise

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,267
    edited March 2021

Looks good already

Post edited by Robert Freise on
  • Thank you for sharing the WIPs @Strangefate! The hallways already look amazing. :) I like how modular you are making them. That archway looks great.

edited March 2021

There's been plenty of progress but not much of it visible, changes to the modular pieces have broken the test scene if anything so some parts look worse even, just ignore anything that looks broken :/

Post edited by StrangeFate on

Looking good! I love the pottery "Oliphaunts" too!

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,267

Dittoyesyes

edited March 2021

Was finishing painting the doors and arch and realized that the arches fit nicely on top of the round door frames, so you can actually have epic-ish door frames leading to your favorite room! :p

And the other door that was missing...

Post edited by Chohole on
  • AuroratrekAuroratrek Posts: 201
    edited March 2021

Looks great! I may need to find an excuse to use this set in "Quest of the Key". In the meantime, I'm having a lot of fun with the Red Crow--a tavern/inn is where all the best adventures begin...

Post edited by Auroratrek on

@Auroratrek - Very nice mood, looks great!

• BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 74

@Strangefate I love the stained-glass window.The arches and the doorways look great. Thank you for showing us the "epic version". ^^  That door with a window is beautiful too. I'm really looking forward to this set. :) 

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

BlueFox said:

@Strangefate I love the stained-glass window.The arches and the doorways look great. Thank you for showing us the "epic version". ^^  That door with a window is beautiful too. I'm really looking forward to this set. :) 

+100 - can't wait wink

• AuroratrekAuroratrek Posts: 201

Strangefate said:

@Auroratrek - Very nice mood, looks great!

Thanks! It's a pleasure to work with. So much great detail! 

Playing around with the floor.

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

Strangefate said:

Playing around with the floor.

Well... it looks like my home! cheeky oh come on.  Give it to us! winkheart

Hallways are done, just figuring out folder structure and such before some beta testing.

A lighting test for the stained glass windows.