Generation 3 Aiko and Hiro Appreciation Thread

Comments

• EthinEthin Posts: 1,009

Oh yeah, I started a new thread so I wouldn't clog this one up with fur.

Ethin's Melody and Micah Dev Lab

Ethin said:

"Do you see what I see, said the cheetah girl to the savannah wind"  lol

I'll bet no-one ever zoomed in far enough to.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,582

Admittedly, a "low hanging fruit" of a gag, but at least it fits the season.  I suspect manicures (and pedicures) would be a major industry for a species of sapient felinoids with retractable claws.

As silly as it may seem, I really like her smile!

("Melody" for A3, of course)

Nice! She look like she really exited for Shanty Claws's visit. laugh

The morning after the New Year's party...

Mzzkiti: "Ugh...! What did I do last night?"

Dee Rainged: "So... We're pulling this dumb ol' cliche?"

Yeah, we all know this stupid chestnut. First character wakes from a night of carousing and finds his/herself in bed with the least expected or least desired "partner". Dee Rainged (the human) kicks down the fourth wall acknowledging it for the cliche into which it has devolved.

I know I said I wasn't gona post a bunch of fur balls, but thats what I'm working on. I mean, look at those eyes! I just can't say no.

Ethin said:

I know I said I wasn't gona post a bunch of fur balls, but thats what I'm working on. I mean, look at those eyes! I just can't say no.

What items did you use yo achieve the effect, that is, for the collar, the tail and the scalp hair?  And did you do anything unique for the body and face?  That looks more robust than simply texture and bump maps.  I feel you've truly elevated Melody to a whole new level!

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Redfern said:

Ethin said:

What items did you use yo achieve the effect, that is, for the collar, the tail and the scalp hair?  And did you do anything unique for the body and face?  That looks more robust than simply texture and bump maps.  I feel you've truly elevated Melody to a whole new level!

Agree, really nice job

Thanks!smiley

blushIt was just a quick proof of concept I through together from various old scenes, I really didn't think it was that kind of special. It might have taken longer to render than to setup.blush

Well, for the tail and collar I used Littledragon's Bushy Tail 2, and the hair is Pandora Hair. I don't know what to tell you about the body and head 'cause there the same shader settings I've been using for almost a year now, must just be the lighting and camera angle?.

Ethin said:

I don't know what to tell you about the body and head 'cause there the same shader settings I've been using for almost a year now, must just be the lighting and camera angle?.

Must be the lighting, because I thought you might have somehow adapted the shaders OsoDreamer developed for his "FelineFolks"

Thanks for answering!

• Are you carrying on the same discussion in two different threads? Did no one ever warn you not to cross the streams?

Richard Haseltine said:

Are you carrying on the same discussion in two different threads? Did no one ever warn you not to cross the streams?

Three actually. Sorry. Would it be better to post to one thread and then quote any relevant info to the others?

edited May 2023

3DSublime's Lilly for Aiko3, or what's left of her anyway.

3DSublime Lilly A3 c 02 test 01.jpg
    2100 x 2800 - 2M
    Post edited by Ethin on
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,296

You know Ethin, Aiko3 and Hiro3 is still very popular, you could make custom characters for sale. Don't think Daz would let you sell them here due to how old the model is, however Rendo still sells new stuff for older models, also Fantasy Attic sells a lot of older model stuff or you could have your own website.

Faeryl Womyn said:

You know Ethin, Aiko3 and Hiro3 is still very popular, you could make custom characters for sale. Don't think Daz would let you sell them here due to how old the model is, however Rendo still sells new stuff for older models, also Fantasy Attic sells a lot of older model stuff or you could have your own website.

Oh, I'm working on it, *sigh*, but it's slow going. Doesn't help that I'm always get distracted by new ideas, and I'm a bit of a jack-of-all-trades, I want to do it al, original figures, clothes, hair, characters, textures.

I'm actually in the middle of another project for Melody and Micah, but I'm hung up on trying to do injection files in DS for some custom morphs. It's always the technical stuff at the end. 

You can ask for help with the injection morphs and write down you newest idea's and post them on the wall or a board or get a note book, while finishing what you already have...also good to work on one thing at, such as take the character with the hair clothes and morphs, work on that pack, one item as a time. You don't have to take my advice, might be that method won't work for you, worth a try though and you will know for sure if it works or not.

Faeryl Womyn said:

You can ask for help with the injection morphs and write down you newest idea's and post them on the wall or a board or get a note book, while finishing what you already have...also good to work on one thing at, such as take the character with the hair clothes and morphs, work on that pack, one item as a time. You don't have to take my advice, might be that method won't work for you, worth a try though and you will know for sure if it works or not.

laugh Your right, being more organized and methodical would probably help a lot, but I can also see myself spending so much time writing ideas down for later that I still don't get much done.yes

edited January 2022

LMAO then commit to only writing down 5 a day, if you don't know which five, write the titles on separate pieces of paper and fold, and toss in a jar or bowl or whatever, write down only the first five you pulled out. All those others, put away in a box or something to go back to at some other point when you have spare time with nothing to do.

Of the five that are picked, only write down the first 10 points of each that come to mind. Any that come after that, write on a piece of paper and toss in that same box as the titles.

As long as it's written somewhere, you can always go back to it, just reduce the list of current projects that occupy your time and soon you will be organized without even realizing you did that.

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on

@Faeryl Womyn Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it.

edited January 2022

Random Aiko wip.

OniFem1BluePriestess posed 05.jpg
    2590 x 2800 - 2M
    Post edited by Ethin on
    edited January 2022

"Uh...F.L.O.?  Mind telling me where you got the egg?"

It started with my placing a scaled down version of the egg on her plate, still sealed.  But I wasn't sure if it would be recognized for what it was meant t be.  So I opened it.  But, if opened, that would imply a facehugger had "hatched".  At first I thought about Mzzkiti simply pinning the bug sized parasite under her hand.  Then I got weird.

Mzzkiti-Giger-Egg-J-1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 106K
    Post edited by Redfern on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Faeryl Womyn said:

I converted Aiko3 shape to G8F, I get all the benefits of the pose improvements since then.

There's an Aiko 3 shape for Genesis, which means it can be moved to G3, and then to G8.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Redfern said:

It started with my placing a scaled down version of the egg on her plate, still sealed.  But I wasn't sure if it would be recognized for what it was meant t be.  So I opened it.  But, if opened, that would imply a facehugger had "hatched".  At first I thought about Mzzkiti simply pinning the bug sized parasite under her hand.  Then I got weird.

OMG!!! LMAO !!

carrie58 said:

Redfern said:

OMG!!! LMAO !!

It was one of those "spur of the moment" absurd concepts that "all came together" in a single late afternoon/evening session.  I already had the diner scene with Mzzkiti (Melody for A3) originally noshing on a burger.  I removed the items suggesting a midday meal and placed the shrunken "Giger" egg on the plate  Then it was just a matter of repositioning her arms and placing a facehugger figure on her nose for the final absurd touch.

nicstt said:

I converted Aiko3 shape to G8F, I get all the benefits of the pose improvements since then.

There's an Aiko 3 shape for Genesis, which means it can be moved to G3, and then to G8.

People keep telling me that. But that's just the base shape, right? So it's not like I could transfer any of my characters/work to Genesis#. Or am I missing something?

Redfern said:

--------8k  heart  

Ethin said:

Redfern said:

--------8k  heart  

Thanks, Ethin!  It was one of those ideas that just all came together without any major hiccups.  What I originally intended as a subtle homage quickly grew into sheer lunacy as I added the elements.

edited May 2023

Redfern said:

Thanks, Ethin!  It was one of those ideas that just all came together without any major hiccups.  What I originally intended as a subtle homage quickly grew into sheer lunacy as I added the elements.

Reminds me a bit of my own face huger shenanigans.

Alien_ch_Test 01n.jpg
    1800 x 2400 - 2M
    Post edited by Ethin on

Ethin said:

Redfern said:

Reminds me a bit of my own face huger shenanigans.

I remember seeing that one some time ago and I noted what a cleverly macabre notion for "clothing"!yes