Asian Face for G3F

2»

Comments

• I agree. Looks good! U could try sculptris

Thanks! Sculptris looks promising. I did read the docs but i couldnt find out do you can easily transfer the morphs to DAZ Studio without to have ZBrush?

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,798
    Linwelly said:

Hard to say what exactly changed from the last one  to this on but this is really good! great work!

As I'm using the morphs for all my characters I'm sorry that I can not recommend a tool.

Thank you! Since i am kind of newbie to sculpting as well as character making... i'd like to ask i sthere a way in DAZ Studio to combine all used morphs into a single morph?

I'm not sure I understand correctly what you ask,  there is the possibility to safe as a character preset, but the changes you made by d-former will need to be safed seperately as a d-former preset.

• Linwelly said:
    Linwelly said:

Hard to say what exactly changed from the last one  to this on but this is really good! great work!

As I'm using the morphs for all my characters I'm sorry that I can not recommend a tool.

Thank you! Since i am kind of newbie to sculpting as well as character making... i'd like to ask i sthere a way in DAZ Studio to combine all used morphs into a single morph?

I'm not sure I understand correctly what you ask,  there is the possibility to safe as a character preset, but the changes you made by d-former will need to be safed seperately as a d-former preset.

Well i mean that all can that be saved together in a single Morph Asset or something?

Not that I'm aware of, i will take a look into that

• Linwelly said:

Not that I'm aware of, i will take a look into that

Thanks. If you found something please notify me!

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753

By the way i'd like to ask do someone can recommend an extremly long hair for G3F? I mean the lenght  should be at least until knees.

Whlie not for G3F, there is Zed Hair: http://www.daz3d.com/zed-hair I've never used it but most hair props can be used on other figures if you use it as a parented prop instead of Fit To.

edited May 2016

from what I take you can safe the dformers as morph-asset, load the character new and dial in th new morphs than safe again as character preset. I havN#t done that myself so, not sure on the exact steps.

edit to say: maybe this will be of help, still trying to understand everything myself http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/6484/

Post edited by Linwelly on
  • FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131
    ZamuelNow said:

This is vastly improved.  Great work on the adjustments.

Thank you. By the way i'd like to ask do someone can recommend an extremly long hair for G3F? I mean the lenght  should be at least until knees.

Really nice improvements you made there, and regarding very long hair, the Jade Tiger hair is really cool.

• edited May 2016
    Linwelly said:

from what I take you can safe the dformers as morph-asset, load the character new and dial in th new morphs than safe again as character preset. I havN#t done that myself so, not sure on the exact steps.

edit to say: maybe this will be of help, still trying to understand everything myself http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/6484/

Thanks i will check it out. By the way i have one question about lights since i am not so understanding it yet..... it appears that with the lights i am using the skin texture got rendered a bit noisy. What settings i have to fix so to fix this problem? Maybe th erender settings or light settings? (i use Nvidia Iray)

Post edited by dimitarcenevjp_418dde9d63 on
  • ZamuelNow said:

This is vastly improved.  Great work on the adjustments.

Thank you. By the way i'd like to ask do someone can recommend an extremly long hair for G3F? I mean the lenght  should be at least until knees.

Really nice improvements you made there, and regarding very long hair, the Jade Tiger hair is really cool.

Yea it looks quite cool. Thanks.

edited May 2016
    Linwelly said:

Thanks i will check it out. By the way i have one q uestion about lights since i am not so understanding it yet..... it appears that with the lights i am using the skin texture got rendered a bit noisy. What settings i have to fix so to fix this problem? Maybe th erender settings or light settings? (i use Nvidia Iray)

I don't know a lot about Iray as I usually use 3Delight for my renders. From what I gather you could increase the rendercycles to reduce noise. Other than that there are several threads over the forum with tips about light in Iray. As always its a lot about experimenting till it works.

Post edited by Linwelly on
  • Linwelly said:
    Linwelly said:

Thanks i will check it out. By the way i have one q uestion about lights since i am not so understanding it yet..... it appears that with the lights i am using the skin texture got rendered a bit noisy. What settings i have to fix so to fix this problem? Maybe th erender settings or light settings? (i use Nvidia Iray)

I don't know a lot about Iray as I usually use 3Delight for my renders. From what I gather you could increase the rendercycles to reduce noise. Other than that there are several threads over the forum with tips about light in Iray. As always its a lot about experimenting till it works.

Yeah i gues you are right. Need a lot of experimenting! I will try it!

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited May 2016

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in replying. I was too busy last week.

I did tried to search for some asian faces in the web but i couldnt find same face from different angles. So i attach here several faces i used for reference.

Also i did try to a new asian face based on the images i post but also tried to make it younger looking.

Since i cant afford to have ZBrush for morphing i use some G3F morph packs, deformers and Blender for some custom morphs. However morphing with Blender is too dificult it seems. So if you can recommend me some other tool i will appretiate it. (as you can see the base figure is Genesis 3 Female)

It does take a little getting used to, but I prefer Blender to Hexagon now I've got used to transfering the items; there is a 30 day trial on Zbrush - I didn't like it, but 30 days, is not enough imo.

She is believable; and she does look youngish, but that is a caucasian looking at her; I feel their are subtleties that we misinterpret. They eyebrow colour looks wrong btw; my understanding is their hair is invariable dark?

Post edited by nicstt on
  • nicstt said:

Hello,

I did tried to search for some asian faces in the web but i couldnt find same face from different angles. So i attach here several faces i used for reference.

Also i did try to a new asian face based on the images i post but also tried to make it younger looking.

Since i cant afford to have ZBrush for morphing i use some G3F morph packs, deformers and Blender for some custom morphs. However morphing with Blender is too dificult it seems. So if you can recommend me some other tool i will appretiate it. (as you can see the base figure is Genesis 3 Female)

It does take a little getting used to, but I prefer Blender to Hexagon now I've got used to transfering the items; there is a 30 day trial on Zbrush - I didn't like it, but 30 days, is not enough imo.

She is believable; and she does look youngish, but that is a caucasian looking at her; I feel their are subtleties that we misinterpret. They eyebrow colour looks wrong btw; my understanding is their hair is invariable dark?

Hello. Thank you for your oppinion. However about hair color i must disagree. Not all asians have raven dark hair. However you are right about eyebrow color it is lighter than the hair. But the colors of hair parts of the character are variable since girls can color them ;)

Also about the caucasian  look well it depends to which part of the asia you want the face to look like. If you want chinese face... i agree this one doesnt look like it. However if you want east asian face like Korean or Japanese they look like more caucasian  than chinese for example. So it depends what you want from it. Doesnt you agree with me about this?

Yeah i am aware of 30 day trial of ZBrush... however as you stated 30 days are not enough for develop a face morph since sculpting process is generaly long. Thats why i was searching for alternatives. Since i am new to Blender it look way too dificult to do morphs there. I cant understand how to do smothened morph and to see the result in the moment i am morphing it (something similar to Poser morphing tool and Hexagon morphing tool). If you can point me on some tutorial for this i will appretiate it.

• If I want to change the position of the eye (on the face) which dial do I use for Genesis 3 characters? If, for example, I think that the eyes are too wide apart, how do I move them closer together?  

• Hello,

Before several months i did post another thread regarding mixed asian face that i morphed for G3F.

Currently i know there is MeiLin7 for G3F and some shapes based on her.

However i do think the majority of the Asian faces available for G3F look not so realistic and sometimes even like alien or not exactly asian. Only MeiLin has some sort of reality in the shape.

What do you think people?

Also since i had some free time recently i did another try to make asian shaped face. However i also do think that it looks like a bit not realistic...What do you think?

Just as any other ethnic group, Asian faces can vary greatly, not to mention the fact that the same face's appearance can look a bit different from one photo to the next where the lighting is different. I've included 2 renders I did of a character and one of the reference photos I used of Fan Bingbing(Chinese actor). I started with the G8 female base and only used morphs to shape the character(i.e. no character injections or other character morph mixtures) in Daz. For the skin, I used Hinako for Mei Lin 8; and for the eyes, I used Juniper for G8F. It took me about 2 weeks spending a couple of hours per day shaping & test rendering.

Its too bad there's no way for me to shape this kind of stuff with integral calculus. sad

G8FFB6at76pS.png
    1417 x 1491 - 3M
    G8FFB5-3.png
    799 x 817 - 716K
    Fan-Bingbing.png
    750 x 468 - 174K
  • roger4038 said:

If I want to change the position of the eye (on the face) which dial do I use for Genesis 3 characters? If, for example, I think that the eyes are too wide apart, how do I move them closer together?  

If you have, for example, the Genesis 3 Female Morph Pack, click on the Genesis 3 Female in the Scene tab pane, then below that in the Edit tab pane, click on the Shaping tab to the left of it and select the Eyes. You might have to expand it from Genesis 3 Female --> Face --> Eyes. In there you should be able to find the morph called Eyes Width. Other morph packs might call it Eyes Separation.

• nicstt said:

Hello,

Hello. Thank you for your oppinion. However about hair color i must disagree. Not all asians have raven dark hair. However you are right about eyebrow color it is lighter than the hair. But the colors of hair parts of the character are variable since girls can color them ;)

Also about the caucasian  look well it depends to which part of the asia you want the face to look like. If you want chinese face... i agree this one doesnt look like it. However if you want east asian face like Korean or Japanese they look like more caucasian  than chinese for example. So it depends what you want from it. Doesnt you agree with me about this?

Yeah i am aware of 30 day trial of ZBrush... however as you stated 30 days are not enough for develop a face morph since sculpting process is generaly long. Thats why i was searching for alternatives. Since i am new to Blender it look way too dificult to do morphs there. I cant understand how to do smothened morph and to see the result in the moment i am morphing it (something similar to Poser morphing tool and Hexagon morphing tool). If you can point me on some tutorial for this i will appretiate it.

Eye brows are a pain to get them looking the way I want them to. I'm hoping later on down the road Daz implements some kind of morphable/moveable base mesh for this part of the face where you can set the hair density(i.e. 2x, 5x, 10x hairs per "arbitrary unit" of the morphable base mesh), thickness, length, tapering option/direction, color, etc. Currently all of the brows I've seen are either painted on or various fibermeshes with set shapes.