Asian Face for G3F

edited April 2016 in Art Studio

Hello,

Before several months i did post another thread regarding mixed asian face that i morphed for G3F.

Currently i know there is MeiLin7 for G3F and some shapes based on her.

However i do think the majority of the Asian faces available for G3F look not so realistic and sometimes even like alien or not exactly asian. Only MeiLin has some sort of reality in the shape.

What do you think people?

Also since i had some free time recently i did another try to make asian shaped face. However i also do think that it looks like a bit not realistic...What do you think?

Suki8-face1.png
376 x 433 - 223K
Post edited by dimitarcenevjp_418dde9d63 on

Comments

• 2606445226064452 Posts: 0

Yes, G3 Asian girl all like aliens......... 

But yours, at lease better than offical.

• 26064452 said:

Yes, G3 Asian girl all like aliens......... 

But yours, at lease better than offical.

Ok i am glad it is better. Do you have any reccommendations what ui should fix to look more not like alien and more realistic?

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

It is hard to say with the one side shot and the image is not the largest. Generally I think its pretty good, but I have the feeling that the proportions between mouth and eye distance are somewhat off, the mouth seems very small.

Hope that helps

• edited April 2016
    Linwelly said:

It is hard to say with the one side shot and the image is not the largest. Generally I think its pretty good, but I have the feeling that the proportions between mouth and eye distance are somewhat off, the mouth seems very small.

Hope that helps

Well probably you are right. Later i will post another shots and largest ones. and i will try to correct some of the proportions :) Thank you for the oppinion.

Maybe the chin and bottom part of the jaw are too largest compared to the mouth. And i agree for the eye distance. :)

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

I have felt the same thing for a long time, that there are no realistic looking asian faces. And I think I know why, it comes down to the eyes. Specifically the Epicanthic fold.

I don't know if its even possible for the PAs to make a realistic asian face if they have no way to thicken the eye lids. It plays a much bigger role in the face than I think people realize.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

You did a pretty good job.  I agree with Linwelly though the mouth is what is throwing it off for me too.  It needs to be a bit bigger.  She's lovely though!

• edited April 2016

OK here is the next render and next version of my creation. Please tell me what you think and how to more improuve it.

About the mouth ummm well i can make it bigger but Asian faces not alwyas have big mouth and i afraid that this will broke the proportions.

Anyway tell me what you think for the new version and give me your suggestions for improuvments and we will see what can be done. Thanks!!

P.S. see the attachment for full version of the image.

Check attachments because i have added another angle view.

Suki-face1.png
    1600 x 1920 - 4M
    Suki-face2.png
    1600 x 1920 - 4M
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • People i need also advice about lightning and how to get lighter skin but to keep white contrast of the clothes. Do you understand what i mean?

• I have felt the same thing for a long time, that there are no realistic looking asian faces. And I think I know why, it comes down to the eyes. Specifically the Epicanthic fold.

I don't know if its even possible for the PAs to make a realistic asian face if they have no way to thicken the eye lids. It plays a much bigger role in the face than I think people realize.

Yes i agree with you! I tried to fix this. But i dont know did i succead. What you think?

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

The shape of the eyes looks good and it looks like you did a better job than most at getting the eye fold to look right. But the general dimensions of the face are off somewhat. I think if you took the hair off it would even be more pronounced, just by roughly judging where the eyes, nose, mouth fall in relation to the top of the skull and chin. The width of her mouth can fit between her eyes, and that looks a little strange. The mouth is either too small, or the eyes are too far apart, or maybe both? I'm not saying I could do better, I hope you will continue to refine it, and look forward to seeing what you come up with.

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

The proportions of face to head look more like she's a child, but the face itself says she should be an adult. And yes, the eyes are too far apart.

That said, I agree, most DAZ Asian faces don't look totally Asian. The just released Lee character looks like a cross-over between Asian and European, the European part being mostly nose and mouth, both too prominent for my liking, and his lips look like those of a woman. Typical Michael7 face, except the eyes. He's kind of creepy.

• SuperKaiSuperKai Posts: 21

The proportions of face to head look more like she's a child, but the face itself says she should be an adult. And yes, the eyes are too far apart.

That said, I agree, most DAZ Asian faces don't look totally Asian. The just released Lee character looks like a cross-over between Asian and European, the European part being mostly nose and mouth, both too prominent for my liking, and his lips look like those of a woman. Typical Michael7 face, except the eyes. He's kind of creepy.

He does look like a bi racial 

• edited April 2016

Ok i did played a bit more with the face...

i changed the eye distance to be more close and i changed th emouth width.

However i still think the nose is too big for that face and also the mouth is a bit unproportional.

what do you think people?

Suki-face3.png
    1600 x 1920 - 3M

This is getting better, the relation of eyes, eyedistance and nose work for me. What I noticed that still puts the relations off is not so much the size of the mouth anymore but the mouth-chin distance. You could say that on average the distance between mouth and chin (end) is the same as the length of the nose, true for faces all around the world and something they messed up a little on Lee as well, unfortunately.

• edited April 2016
    Linwelly said:

This is getting better, the relation of eyes, eyedistance and nose work for me. What I noticed that still puts the relations off is not so much the size of the mouth anymore but the mouth-chin distance. You could say that on average the distance between mouth and chin (end) is the same as the length of the nose, true for faces all around the world and something they messed up a little on Lee as well, unfortunately.

Yes i understand i worried that if i made the distance between mouth and chin end longer it will broke the whole face visuality.

But i did made a test with the correct proportion and i upload it now. Dont you think it looks now a bit odd?

Suki-face4.png
    1600 x 1920 - 4M
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

I think she's starting to look too Western...

• mjc1016 said:

I think she's starting to look too Western...

Yes i was fraid that this will happen :(

Ok, this is starting to get really interesting. I see that my suggestion is not the simple solution. The difficulty in discussing this is, that we all have a different idea of the "typical asian face" my suggestion would be to go and collect some images of real faces of the type you want to create from the net and link to them so we can talk about the same thing. Best would be some shots of the same person from different angles.

If you are interested I could show some of my self dialed asian faces (from g2f, g2m and g3f) to pick apart for flaws wink

interesting question on the side: wich figure do you use as a basis and what tools to morph her?

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753

There's a lot of subtle things that go into a face.  I'm thinking rounder eyes would help but I wonder if the makeup is slightly distracting the look.  The nose probably needs adjusting but specifically the bridge of the nose, not the nostrils.

• edited May 2016

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in replying. I was too busy last week.

I did tried to search for some asian faces in the web but i couldnt find same face from different angles. So i attach here several faces i used for reference.

Also i did try to a new asian face based on the images i post but also tried to make it younger looking.

Since i cant afford to have ZBrush for morphing i use some G3F morph packs, deformers and Blender for some custom morphs. However morphing with Blender is too dificult it seems. So if you can recommend me some other tool i will appretiate it. (as you can see the base figure is Genesis 3 Female)

a.jpg
    1162 x 1600 - 191K
    b.jpg
    720 x 1000 - 187K
    c.jpg
    620 x 393 - 72K
    Rina-face4.png
    2000 x 2000 - 6M
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

She's fabulous...

• mjc1016 said:

She's fabulous...

Thank you i appretiate it.

If you guys have any suggestions that i can improuve the face dont hesitate to write them here ;P

Hard to say what exactly changed from the last one  to this on but this is really good! great work!

As I'm using the morphs for all my characters I'm sorry that I can not recommend a tool.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Yes this last one is quite lovely!

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753

This is vastly improved.  Great work on the adjustments.

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921
    edited May 2016

Looks really good!

Gerading Morphing Tools (I have tried none so thess is purley theoretical knowledge):

- Blacksmith 3D has some sculpting Functionality. It is available for around 100$ at Rendo if you are a Prime member or on Sale (e.g. for the next 2 days)

- Mudbox is available for 10$ a month

Post edited by Renomista on
  • kickassetskickassets Posts: 63
    I agree. Looks good! U could try sculptris
  • Linwelly said:

Hard to say what exactly changed from the last one  to this on but this is really good! great work!

As I'm using the morphs for all my characters I'm sorry that I can not recommend a tool.

Thank you! Since i am kind of newbie to sculpting as well as character making... i'd like to ask i sthere a way in DAZ Studio to combine all used morphs into a single morph?

• ZamuelNow said:

This is vastly improved.  Great work on the adjustments.

Thank you. By the way i'd like to ask do someone can recommend an extremly long hair for G3F? I mean the lenght  should be at least until knees.

• Renomista said:

Looks really good!

Gerading Morphing Tools (I have tried none so thess is purley theoretical knowledge):

- Blacksmith 3D has some sculpting Functionality. It is available for around 100$ at Rendo if you are a Prime member or on Sale (e.g. for the next 2 days)

- Mudbox is available for 10$ a month

Thanks for suggesting i will check them out!