- - Little thief !! That kid pick pocketed my Complaint Thread! - -

Comments

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,055
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Real quiet day for me today, nobody else here but I see a few people in the street outside so I guess the world hasn't ended or anything :)

You didn't get the memo?
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Real quiet day for me today, nobody else here but I see a few people in the street outside so I guess the world hasn't ended or anything :)

they went to the party at 100 Acre Wood.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,825
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Give it tiiiiime... it is a bit like fishing.

So, let's kick our feet up and have some beer.

...raises a pint of "CatDog" Ale.
    edited October 2012

Has anyone happen to run across some cat ears that actually replace a normal human's ear? I know there's some stuff in the store that positioned the ears on the top of the head but that's not what I'm looking for.

What figure are you looking for? Do you have the creature morphs? There might be something like that in there.

I'm looking for Genesis and I want it posable like a real cats would be.
    ...kind of like this? (apologies for the archaic media, don't have a 3D CG version as my modelling skills are pretty lame).

© Amber House Art Works, all rights reserved.

N__dera_of_Tel_by_KyotoKid.jpg
    600 x 799 - 88K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:

You didn't get the memo?

Seems everyone is busy doing stuff they couldn't do yesterday. There is a memo? :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

they went to the party at 100 Acre Wood.

waaah party *wants*

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Has anyone happen to run across some cat ears that actually replace a normal human's ear? I know there's some stuff in the store that positioned the ears on the top of the head but that's not what I'm looking for.

What figure are you looking for? Do you have the creature morphs? There might be something like that in there.

...kind of like this? (apologies for the archaic media, don't have a 3D CG version as my modelling skills are pretty lame).

real nice, love the delicate linework *admires*

• FyredrygyonFyredrygyon Posts: 763
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Exactly - Angela has ears like that and I'm finally tired of not having ears like that.

edited October 2012

...thank you.

The "whiskers" are also part of their expressiveness as is their body language.

They are called The Sabrinno. They come from an idea I had for a graphic novel back in the late 70s early 80s. I spent a lot of time studying felines as well as working with a graduate biologist, to create a race that had the more subtle feline aspects.

BTW the character in that picture is an adult female. Unfortunately with where GN's and comics were at the time, an "un-endowed" female character wouldn't "sell" so I abandoned the idea.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Nobody but me here, so cant get out of the office to have lunch. That is my complaint. Too warm for Pizza today, only Pizza delivers at lunchtimes, moar complaint :)

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited October 2012

Mmm...

[8:05:19 PM] Flare the Draggy: Mmm...
    [8:05:34 PM] Flare the Draggy: Oh, have you seen "Assassin's" Creed 3 trailer? <,<<br /> [8:05:39 PM] Akaikosh: Because that would imply destroying matter which you can't do.
    [8:05:49 PM | Edited 8:06:06 PM] Flare the Draggy: Tell me, how the flop is that "Assassin-y"? <.<<br /> [8:06:16 PM] Akaikosh: Last game trailer I saw was Halo 4. The trailer before that was for Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep. Trailer before that Kingdom Hearts 2.

I don't much care for games.
    [8:06:30 PM] Akaikosh: Is assassiny because someone is being killed by someone else.
    [8:06:33 PM] Flare the Draggy: Well, let's see here.
    [8:06:44 PM] Flare the Draggy: The 'Assassin' basically charge towards a British army.
    [8:06:55 PM | Edited 8:07:03 PM] Flare the Draggy: Manages to evades three musket volleys, countless cannon shots.
    [8:07:10 PM] Akaikosh: Assassin is synonomous with "kill/murder" in games now.
    [8:07:18 PM] Akaikosh: Regardless of how it is done.
    [8:07:31 PM] Flare the Draggy: Then he jumps over the first line of infantry, fights against dozens of Redcoats and Highlanders.
    [8:07:59 PM] Flare the Draggy: Then continues to jump around and shoots an arrow at his target (The british general)
    [8:08:03 PM] Flare the Draggy: Fasfsdfawdesfsadsada.
    [8:08:16 PM] Akaikosh: Seems more like The Witcher than a human assassin.
    [8:08:30 PM] Flare the Draggy: Yeah...

Just like Naruto has forever corrupted the image of what a ninja is =/
    (Oh yeah and my first comment was cut off. I was talking about why I liked FMA over some other shows, and how the preservation of general physics and stuff was still in effect even with the "magic" they do. Energy and the like cannot be created nor destroyed, etc)
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Well. I guess six hours of sleep just has to do for now!

edited December 1969

...sure sign of fall:

Reminder bots are already flying south for the winter.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Well. I guess six hours of sleep just has to do for now!

That's a lot of sleep o_O
    (Well it is for me anyway ^_^ )

edited December 1969

...if I don't get my seven to eight hours of ugly sleep, I'm only half the curmudgeon troll I'm supposed to be.

Can't lull the Net into such a sense of false security now can I? ;-)

edited December 1969

Four hours of sleep is a lot for me.

edited December 1969

I don't cope well with six, but I'll just nap later, and prance around for a bit. Ooooo breakfast. Always a good idea.

edited December 1969

You eat breakfast? o3o
    Lucky XD

edited December 1969

1530 here and NO LUNCH waaaah Haz big hungry ^_^

edited December 1969

Ayep! Wholegrain wheat-barley bread, smoked deli ham, and peppadews. And a glass of mandarin Fanta. Mmmmmmmm!

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Ayep! Wholegrain wheat-barley bread, smoked deli ham, and peppadews. And a glass of mandarin Fanta. Mmmmmmmm!

You know whats good about your Avatar... You're always happy and grinning :cheese:

That was just a random observation.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    You know whats good about your Avatar... You're always happy and grinning :cheese:

That was just a random observation.

Thank you! The RPG character it is based on (same as the username) was like that, happy-go-lucky and relaxed, humorous sidekick type. :)

edited December 1969

Well it does seem to suit your personality :)

edited October 2012

Can someone please explain to me why boots/shoes are not made flat on the ground like the feet of a figure???

I need to know as I'm making shoes for genesis, and dont know If I have to make it angled at the soul or flat

I do know that shoes naturally have curved souls however every model of shoes I have are not by default in a flat footed pose.

BootsJ.jpg
    691 x 551 - 91K
    Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Can someone please explain to me why boots/shoes are not made flat on the ground like the feet of a figure???

I need to know as I'm making shoes for genesis, and dont know If I have to make it angled at the soul or flat

I do know that shoes naturally have curved souls however every model of shoes I have are not by default in a flat footed pose.

My guess here is you want to just make the footwear a good fit on the figure in zero pose. Then make a foot pose for the figure to include with the shoes/boots that will put the footwear flat on the ground. Some of the footwear I've bought come with a foot pose made to make them look right.
    People are going to pose the figure anyway, and will tweak the ankle, foot, and toe to get the foot on the ground. I always do.

P.S. I also have a curved soul, or at least slightly bent. :)

edited December 1969

Cool, Thanks for that... I just completed the soul... And had to confirm it before I begin modeling the rest of the boot.

edited December 1969

Here is my progress...

soul2.jpg
    537 x 158 - 85K
    soul.jpg
    541 x 210 - 53K
    edited December 1969

Remember that V4/M4 foot position was an exception -- V3/M3 have their foot posed the same way Genesis does. V4/M4 had their toes pointing down.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

P.S. I also have a curved soul, or at least slightly bent. :)

ROFL. good one Tjohn

edited December 1969

Shoe Anatomy 101: Fig. 1 :lol:

anatomy-of-a-shoe.jpg
    520 x 439 - 21K
This discussion has been closed.