- - Little thief !! That kid pick pocketed my Complaint Thread! - -

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Well there you go. DA just wants to rub my nose in it :(

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

Heh um... Sorry I had to log out for a moment because I forgot that I've got a premium account on both of my accounts XD
    Went back to your page and yes I can see the AdCast thing, but not the ads themselves unless I disable AdBlock in FireFox.

ScreenHunter_52-Sep.-28-11_.40_.jpg
    776 x 567 - 36K
    edited December 1969

Yeah, as I suspected. All revenue. I might try out fire fox, I haven't used it before.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Yeah, as I suspected. All revenue. I might try out fire fox, I haven't used it before.

There's a lot of mixed feelings about FireFox (From what I've heard on the DAZ forums). I have only had TWO problems with it in my entire time using it since the 2.0 beta.
    1) is you need to enable the ability for scrolling images or something to properly view large images in the new DAZ forums. The old forums did not have this issue.
    2) Some people have claimed that FireFox auto-updates no matter what they do. I'm using Firefox 9 even though 11 is out, and have had no troubles and it's never forced an update on me - either on start-up or a hidden update. You just have to disable that option (I think it's enabled by default.)
    Still, even if you do prefer Opera or any other browser over FireFox, I just prefer it for two reasons:
    1) It's AdBlock is the best I've used.
    2) I have an incredibly difficult time adjusting to change and new things. More accurately, I'm terrified of trying new things and change.

edited December 1969

Heh though I do miss the Foxkeh theme D:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/camifoxkeh/?src=cb-dl-users
    Last supported version was Firefox 3.5. Same with the Dragonscales theme: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/dragon-scales/?src=cb-dl-users
    Oh well ^^

edited September 2012

Yeah The change thing you mentioned, that's fare enough.

As far as the problems with the forum on browsers, It's not the browsers fault, It's the website. I've made websites before as part of my digital media diploma, and it must be tested multiple browsers... IE and FF being among the essentials!

I generally use IE all the time, the only site I wont use it for is Daz. It's severely faulty on Explorer, pages break the window, half of everyones Avatars do not appear at all and sometimes the background goes all screwy! and images wont scroll. No other site I've used on explorer has done this.

Then there are the issues FF users have.

Opera occasionally has the text and images in threads breaking the windows, but not as common as on Explorer.

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,723
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Spyro said:

There's a lot of mixed feelings about FireFox (From what I've heard on the DAZ forums). I have only had TWO problems with it in my entire time using it since the 2.0 beta.
    1) is you need to enable the ability for scrolling images or something to properly view large images in the new DAZ forums. The old forums did not have this issue.
    2) Some people have claimed that FireFox auto-updates no matter what they do. I'm using Firefox 9 even though 11 is out, and have had no troubles and it's never forced an update on me - either on start-up or a hidden update. You just have to disable that option (I think it's enabled by default.)
    Still, even if you do prefer Opera or any other browser over FireFox, I just prefer it for two reasons:
    1) It's AdBlock is the best I've used.
    2) I have an incredibly difficult time adjusting to change and new things. More accurately, I'm terrified of trying new things and change.

My version of Firefox is 15.

edited September 2012

Bacon western with cheese? Two for $5 :3
    *sits down to nom his burgers*

Post edited by Rezca on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,723
    edited December 1969

I got a portabella bacon burger and chili cheese fries for lunch and then went home and at some macaroni and cheese and a pear.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Big storm seems to have blown itself out, big bright blue sky and golden sun outside my window now :)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

You can use Opera's Ghostery to block those ads, Spyro. Just read its howto for instructions. Or use in-built content block with right-click on annoying element, then use shift to pick up what you want to block.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

weary

tried a lil while ago to shop more pa sale, but i only saw the green alien. now i'm too tired.

too tired to watch Transformers movies.

i luv that whelpcraft graphic, lol

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    meh* as well

*crawls under rock* crawls out very fast and finds another rock. Rezca was under the first one.

...tries to crawl under rock, owner of said silicate edifice demands a non-refundable application fee for "screening purposes" as well as "first & last month" and security/cleaning deposit beforehand and payment of all utilities afterwards.

...meh,so much for that bright idea.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Seriously? I joined 4 years ago, and there are ads everywhere! Even in my gallery, The ONE place that shouldn't have ads!! Right amongst my artworks, it's just insulting! Rezca, can you quickly open up my page in DA and see if you see any ads there. I see them all over the site!

...hmmm, I'm just using FF's Adblock Plus and I have no issues with banners or ads on DA or ShareCG.
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Spyro said:

Some people have claimed that FireFox auto-updates no matter what they do. I'm using Firefox 9 even though 11 is out, and have had no troubles and it's never forced an update on me - either on start-up or a hidden update. You just have to disable that option (I think it's enabled by default.)
    ...Actually FF is now up to something like ver. 15.0.1.

You can set FF to prompt you that there is an update available rather than have it auto install. Go to the Tools/Options Menu click on "Advanced" and then the Updates tab. There it will allow you to set FF to have it check for updates but leave you the option to install them or have it not check for updates.

Like the Windows firewall it will warn you that turning off auto updating is a security risk but it is more bark than bite. I've disabled all auto updating (even Flash) after a rather pesky and hard to eradicate redirect virus "hitched a ride" on a routine MS auto update. This way I can scan all updates before anything downloads. Yeah, the FF pop up reminders can be a bit of a nuisance at times, I just click "not now" and carry on.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    You can use Opera's Ghostery to block those ads, Spyro. Just read its howto for instructions. Or use in-built content block with right-click on annoying element, then use shift to pick up what you want to block.

Yes, I do increasingly like Opera more and more lol, the favorites or 'bookmarks' was confusing to learn at first, but I discovered the side bar. Refreshing is much more advanced which is nice... To the point where you can refresh a single image!! Awesome.

I also have much to learn with ghostery, It's apparent that it's not just for history deletion.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,019
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    @AtticAnne: I'm a (former) hunter, but always preferred a old-fashioned gun and bullets to a bow :3
    Sucks when I run out of ammo and can't back up my raptor from a saaaafe comfortable distance though XD
    Also whipped up a second quick image to get a feel of Akaikosh's size compared to hoomanz

If that blue guy keeps standing there waving at that dragon, he's gonna get eaten. Run you little blue fool!

edited December 1969

help, please help me with percents math!

sesame street didn't cover this.

okay, this part isn't math yet, it's just obvious observation stuff.

i have 5 apples and 5 oranges. so,
    50% of my fruit is apples and 50% is oranges.

i trade-in an apple for an orange. 4 apples and 6 oranges
    40% of my fruit is apples and 60% is oranges.

i eat 2 oranges. 4 apples and 4 oranges. back to
    50% of my fruit is apples and 50% is oranges.

i eat half an apple, leaving
    3.5 apples and 4 oranges.
    now i'm stuck. help!
    how do make a 100% fruit with 3.5 and 4?

thanks! :)

doh, 3:00am.

Make fruit salad. :lol:

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Spyro said:
    Jaderail, your skin is looking a vibrant blue today, you're really looking well. Have you recently been on vacation, your positively glowing!

LMAO! See, you got complimented! Cant be such a bad day after all! :cheese:

I feel more like road kill, that some stupid paramedic was able to revive. The weather is in CHANGE mode (cool and sunny to Humid and wet) so my Arthur has decided today is the day to come out and DANCE on my bones. Most days he's in little jig mode today he's in full blown TAP DANCE like a real pro. I got to watch my meds on days like today. It would be very easy to push to far if I did not have to ask my caretaker for extras. I can go up to 4 every four hours and I'm pushing that now. Stupid Arthur.

Give the meds to Arthur, that should solve that problem. :)

edited December 1969

Speaking of draggies... I found it odd that the Wyvern2 does not have joints along her wing-fingers. I mean additional ones. She has the shoulder, arm, and hand, along with the three fingers that come off it, but only the "thumb" has additonal joints. It makes her wings very rigid and.. Well hard to work with. It makes it literally impossible to do cute pictures like this wyvern couple.
    I can't *easily* make the standing pose look as good, it's possible to make the standing pose sure since one of the pose packs has one, but the female wyvern doing the wing-hug? Impossible I tell you, entirely impossible. I'd love to be proven wrong, but short of re-rigging it or using deformers on her I don't see how it's possible with the Poser rig. (ALso I do not think IPP plays nicely with most of Cinema's deformers. I think only the Correction Deformer would work, but that would mean modifying things point-by-point)

WyvernStartled.jpg
    1200 x 877 - 35K
    wyvern_attack_by_khyaber-d3inn5s.jpg
    1280 x 680 - 253K
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    chohole said:
    Spyro said:
    I'm sorry to hear that Jaderail. I hope you feel better real soon! :) My Aunt has that, it's nasty. (I swear American spell check is totally different to Australian! Either that or my spelling totally sucks!)

I curse all the time because the stupid spell check keeps underling words that I know are spelled right, like colour. I am British, I spell the British way, heck we invented the language, well the English did anyway, is why it is called English, so we do know how to spell words like that.. GRRRRH

Yes I am the same, I hate colour spelled color! It's just LAZY ENGLISH! And Mum as Mom Seriously come on lol

Why spell it "colour"? Do you pronounce it so it rhymes with dour and flour? :P

edited December 1969

The deformation of the wing membranes can't be done with just the dials that come with the wyvern. Unless someone has an "extended" pack out there somewhere like the gazillion available for Genesis or the one for the SubDragon, then it's something only Studio's cloth can do or some thought-out work with deformers (Which I am getting the hang of)
    However, the wyvern's wings - epecially the "fingers" - simply cannot make poses like this, namely the female's pose. The wing fingers will always be rigid and act as one long solid bone, not a series of joints like here. :(
    If this is just the way she was rigged then I don't think there's anything that can be done about it, and since I can't rig even simple models, I'm afraid I won't ever be able to get poses like this with her *sobs*

wyvern_attack.jpg
    684 x 419 - 32K
    edited December 1969

Complaint: I stopped getting notifications for this thread on page 47! Maybe connected to the Great Daz3D Crash yesterday.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Spyro said:
    chohole said:
    Spyro said:
    I'm sorry to hear that Jaderail. I hope you feel better real soon! :) My Aunt has that, it's nasty. (I swear American spell check is totally different to Australian! Either that or my spelling totally sucks!)

I curse all the time because the stupid spell check keeps underling words that I know are spelled right, like colour. I am British, I spell the British way, heck we invented the language, well the English did anyway, is why it is called English, so we do know how to spell words like that.. GRRRRH

Yes I am the same, I hate colour spelled color! It's just LAZY ENGLISH! And Mum as Mom Seriously come on lol

In old french "coulour" , AFAIR Noah Webster was the spelling reformist who dropped the "u", a change which failed to catch on in European written English - um don't know how reliable this ref is but

http://www.barnsdle.demon.co.uk/spell/histsp.html

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    The deformation of the wing membranes can't be done with just the dials that come with the wyvern. Unless someone has an "extended" pack out there somewhere like the gazillion available for Genesis or the one for the SubDragon, then it's something only Studio's cloth can do or some thought-out work with deformers (Which I am getting the hang of)
    However, the wyvern's wings - epecially the "fingers" - simply cannot make poses like this, namely the female's pose. The wing fingers will always be rigid and act as one long solid bone, not a series of joints like here. :(
    If this is just the way she was rigged then I don't think there's anything that can be done about it, and since I can't rig even simple models, I'm afraid I won't ever be able to get poses like this with her *sobs*

does C4D have cloth/softbody dynamics?

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:
    Spyro said:
    chohole said:
    Spyro said:

In old french "coulour" , AFAIR Noah Webster was the spelling reformist who dropped the "u", a change which failed to catch on in European written English - um don't know how reliable this ref is but

I was joking (but you knew that). My first minour was English so I'm familiar with some of the histoury of the language.

Rise up, my English-speaking brothers and sisters! Cast off the shackles placed on our beautiful language by the Norman French!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:
    Spyro said:
    chohole said:
    Spyro said:

I was joking (but you knew that). My first minour was English so I'm familiar with some of the histoury of the language.

Rise up, my English-speaking brothers and sisters! Cast off the shackles placed on our beautiful language by the Norman French!

Webster took 28 years to formulate the original version of his dictionary, and most of the spelling changes were made in order to create "American" English as a definite language for a country that was still seeking to find it's own identity as an independent country rather than one of the Colonies.

English is itself a language which has references to several cultures, due to the various people who have invaded these islands during it's history, but mainly latin, germanic and french influences can be found in the language, due no doubt to the Romans, Angles, Saxons and Normans who fancied owning our green and pleasant land at different times.

The original language would have been British, which had celtic origins and is now only spoken in the so called "Celtic fringes" .

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

does C4D have cloth/softbody dynamics?

Only in the fairly expensive Studio edition.
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:
    Spyro said:
    chohole said:
    Spyro said:

Webster took 28 years to formulate the original version of his dictionary, and most of the spelling changes were made in order to create "American" English as a definite language for a country that was still seeking to find it's own identity as an independent country rather than one of the Colonies.

English is itself a language which has references to several cultures, due to the various people who have invaded these islands during it's history, but mainly latin, germanic and french influences can be found in the language, due no doubt to the Romans, Angles, Saxons and Normans who fancied owning our green and pleasant land at different times.

The original language would have been British, which had celtic origins and is now only spoken in the so called "Celtic fringes" .

I envy you knowledge cho! :)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:
    Spyro said:
    chohole said:
    Spyro said:

i thought Black Adder had something to do with the dictionary. they accidentally burnt it so he had to rewrite it. :)

This discussion has been closed.