- - Little thief !! That kid pick pocketed my Complaint Thread! - -

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I got it to change by clearing cache. FF here

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    I'm using Opera... And I think Skiriki is the same.

*fistbump* Good browser, huh? :)

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

*fistbump* So true lol!

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited September 2012

Well I only cleared the past two hours. Am going to try clearing cache completely.
    Never had problems like this with FireFox. The old forum would update immediately but older posts would sometimes not reflect the new avy, and FurAffinity only refuses to update the avy until you refresh the page. *shrugs*
    *Wanders off to clear cache*
    Back~
    And it's still a sleepy dragon D:

Post edited by Rezca on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ahh... F it. I switched to chrome just for Avatars, now it's not updating those. Clearing Cache Nada, Clearing All History Nada, Shut down Restart NADA and full PC reBoot Nada. This just BLOWS!!!

Started out as a bad day, and just keeps going down hill. Just wonderful.

edited December 1969

Get opera, it's pretty good, and free! That's what I switched to for avatars... IE just sucks with this forum.

edited December 1969

Jaderail, your skin is looking a vibrant blue today, you're really looking well. Have you recently been on vacation, your positively glowing!

LMAO! See, you got complimented! Cant be such a bad day after all! :cheese:

edited December 1969

I tried Opera for a few days and then uninstalled it. Chrome only to download Houdini for my FXPHD class because FF, Safari, and Opera refused to finish the download and would corrupt it at 520MB every time.
    Frankly, I can't live without FireFox'es AdBlock. Yes, yes, Chrome has one too, but it didn't offer the same quality that FF's offered. YouTube ads would still show up, a lot of MMO ads would still rear their ugly heads, and images I wanted blocked would show up for a second then disappear every time I refresh or navigate to/from a page.

edited December 1969

Opera has in-built adblockers plus several ad-blocking extensions. Buuuuuuut, whatever works for you. I know what works for me. :)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Jaderail, your skin is looking a vibrant blue today, you're really looking well. Have you recently been on vacation, your positively glowing!

I feel more like road kill, that some stupid paramedic was able to revive. The weather is in CHANGE mode (cool and sunny to Humid and wet) so my Arthur has decided today is the day to come out and DANCE on my bones. Most days he's in little jig mode today he's in full blown TAP DANCE like a real pro. I got to watch my meds on days like today. It would be very easy to push to far if I did not have to ask my caretaker for extras. I can go up to 4 every four hours and I'm pushing that now. Stupid Arthur.
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Opera has in-built adblockers plus several ad-blocking extensions. Buuuuuuut, whatever works for you. I know what works for me. :)

Oh I didnt know about add blockers, do they work in deviant art? It's notorious for advertisement, It sucks really! Ads shouldn't be put in peoples galleries! (And I refuse to pay DA for the benefit of no ads!)

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Spyro said:

I feel more like road kill, that some stupid paramedic was able to revive. The weather is in CHANGE mode (cool and sunny to Humid and wet) so my Arthur has decided today is the day to come out and DANCE on my bones. Most days he's in little jig mode today he's in full blown TAP DANCE like a real pro. I got to watch my meds on days like today. It would be very easy to push to far if I did not have to ask my caretaker for extras. I can go up to 4 every four hours and I'm pushing that now. Stupid Arthur.

I'm sorry to hear that Jaderail. I hope you feel better real soon! :) My Aunt has that, it's nasty. (I swear American spell check is totally different to Australian! Either that or my spelling totally sucks!)

edited December 1969

I'm sorry to hear that Jaderail. I hope you feel better real soon! :) My Aunt has that, it's nasty. (I swear American spell check is totally different to Australian! Either that or my spelling totally sucks!)

edited December 1969

Grrrrrr! my replies to this thread kept giving me "unable to submit at this time" now its all doubling up dammit!

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

I curse all the time because the stupid spell check keeps underling words that I know are spelled right, like colour. I am British, I spell the British way, heck we invented the language, well the English did anyway, is why it is called English, so we do know how to spell words like that.. GRRRRH
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Skiriki said:

Oh I didnt know about add blockers, do they work in deviant art? It's notorious for advertisement, It sucks really! Ads shouldn't be put in peoples galleries! (And I refuse to pay DA for the benefit of no ads!)

Yeah, get Ghostery. Been really useful, and you can pick what adcasters and sites to block too. *flips a birdie at Facebook*

edited December 1969

Valid complaint. I done got my two out for today. Chrome sux and Arthur sux. Like they say, "Into every life a little rain must fall."

None Complaints: I'm not confined to the bed (so far). I have nothing pressing to do (today). I can get my last PA item today (I think the store is fixed). I'm almost finished with the set(s) to continue my Spooky Creepy thing for Ivy's thread. All good stuff.

edited September 2012

chohole said:
    Spyro said:

I curse all the time because the stupid spell check keeps underling words that I know are spelled right, like colour. I am British, I spell the British way, heck we invented the language, well the English did anyway, is why it is called English, so we do know how to spell words like that.. GRRRRH

Yes I am the same, I hate colour spelled color! It's just LAZY ENGLISH! And Mum as Mom Seriously come on lol

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Spyro said:
    Skiriki said:

Yeah, get Ghostery. Been really useful, and you can pick what adcasters and sites to block too. *flips a birdie at Facebook*

Got it! Thank you :)

edited September 2012

COMPLAINT: Why is there no website menu bar at the top of the forums anymore?!?! That was my basic quick navigation!!!

edited December 1969

It's been abducted by aliens

edited December 1969

Damn Aliens, they may look like innocent and cute little green folk, but they are truly evil on the inside!!, Now its annoying to go to the platinum club forum.

edited December 1969

I didn't know DA had ads D:

edited December 1969

It most certainly does... All over the site! Even in peoples galleries! If your a platinum member there, you wouldn't see them. And as I said, I refuse to pay money just so that there is no ads displayed and for the ability to change my user name, (A basic feature, Free on most sites)

edited September 2012

Haven't seen any ads since joining Deviant Art five years ago. None. Not even while a basic member. Not in my gallery, not on the header and footer, nowhere.
    I guess it's just like the mythical "YouTube Interrupt Ads" that I can blissfully ignore with AdBlock <3 <br /> .
    Anyway. I can understand their decision to restrict changing usernames. It's not possible to do on FurAffinity at all (Then again, FA is a lot more primitive than DA is...). Forums don't count in my opinion.

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Seriously? I joined 4 years ago, and there are ads everywhere! Even in my gallery, The ONE place that shouldn't have ads!! Right amongst my artworks, it's just insulting! Rezca, can you quickly open up my page in DA and see if you see any ads there. I see them all over the site!

edited December 1969

Go into the gallery section, there should be one as a banner and another in my gallery amongst my art.

edited September 2012

On my profile there is a banner, one in my deviant Id box and another in a separate box below the Id box

DA_Ads.jpg
    701 x 767 - 301K
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Seriously? I joined 4 years ago, and there are ads everywhere! Even in my gallery, The ONE place that shouldn't have ads!! Right amongst my artworks, it's just insulting! Rezca, can you quickly open up my page in DA and see if you see any ads there. I see them all over the site!

My Dragon Spies have returned. Here's what they scouted out:
    ScreenHunter_52-Sep.-28-11_.29_.jpg
    1360 x 768 - 102K
    ScreenHunter_51-Sep.-28-11_.29_.jpg
    1360 x 768 - 80K
    ScreenHunter_50-Sep.-28-11_.29_.jpg
    1360 x 768 - 118K
    edited December 1969

But no. No ads or banners D:
    And I said mythical youtube ads because I see like 50 people whining about them, but I myself have never seen one (except for when I used Chrome)

This discussion has been closed.