InaneGlory's Photo Studio 3 and PA Sale[Commercial]

13»

Comments

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

Hi first say thank you much great light sets ^^

then,, it may be so silly quesiton, but if your rig lights can not use "point at"?

because when I set "point at" your key light rig, it turned opositte side I think,,,,

so if I set something mistake? and how adjust ment of light direction of each?
    I can see line of light, but there seems not visible how spread the key light (maybe spot light?)

tweak each pose parameter of light, it seems a little difficult to see what direction the light turned,

how to set direction is better way?
    (I first turn off every lights and turn on one light, then adjust rotation manually?
    is good way?)

• AkhbourAkhbour Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

because when I set "point at" your key light rig, it turned opositte side I think,,,,

That is something, that bugs me for ages, "point at" does not follow the direction of the normals but against the normal. I am not sure that DAZ devs will change that some day.

so if I set something mistake? and how adjust ment of light direction of each?
    I can see line of light, but there seems not visible how spread the key light (maybe spot light?)

tweak each pose parameter of light, it seems a little difficult to see what direction the light turned,

With a light rig, you can move the perspective camera right behind the light you want to adjust. This way you can aim it quite good. As for the covered area for the different lights, you have to test it with each light.

how to set direction is better way?
    (I first turn off every lights and turn on one light, then adjust rotation manually?
    is good way?)

When you use the indivudual lights, IG explained how to do it:

I knew I forgot to talk about something. There is a different (and slightly simpler) way to be able to move, position and ‘look through’ your individual mesh lights. Each of the individual lights was designed to load up in the exact same position as the DS spot light defaults to. All you need to do is load up a plain old DS spotlight (make sure to turn the intensity down to zero). Load up the individual mesh light and parent the mesh to the spotlight. Now you can switch your view point to the spot light and use the camera controls to move both the spotlight and the mesh light about with the mesh keeping the same facing as the spotlight. You can also set the spot light to ‘point at’ the Area Light Pointer amd move the pointer around to exactly where you want your light to be centered on.

edited December 1969

thanks much Akhbour,,,:)

I need more time to be used to rig light set,,

I can translate rotation each right what I want,, but there is not visible gide,
    one line only, then I seems not see Spread Angle which I can adjust about daz default spot light,,
    and I can not grab crealy when I adjust intensy of each light,,

so I embarassed little bit,,

it seems mild how I supposed to,,so if I mistake the direction of light,, I think,,

then your advices of parented default right sets,, seems so smart way:lol:
    I must try it,,just point at figure faces, first I want,,^^;

I want to ask one more last question,, soryy guys,,
    I studiied about 3Dlight quality setting before,,some kee nobs, in forum topics,,

then,, if I use mesh light, and adjust quality of light set, (pixel sumpler,,it seems so easy,,)

after that,,I need 3Dlight setting adjustment too? ^^;

edited December 1969

The problem you, and we all face with the area lights is that it is not a "real" light but a surface that emits light, so that we don't have any visual clues like the spread angle of the spotlight or the spheres of the pointlights. It may help to imagine the arealight like a tv-set whose screen lights a dark room.

The best is to do some low quality renders to get a feeling. Use the studio prop, place a cylinder primitive (to have something that throws a shadow) and load one of the individual light props. Move it closer or farther away from the cylinder, change the intensity settings and do some renders to see the results and get a feeling for it.

As for the rendersettings, do as usual, high shadingrate settings for test renders, low for the final render.

I hope that helps.

edited December 1969

Here is a quick example with the beautydish, parented to a zero intensity spotlight:

TestBD.jpg
    707 x 999 - 58K
    Image1.jpg
    511 x 764 - 53K
    edited December 1969

Au,,,I remembered,, so,, it is like urberenvironment light,, that I can not check it without render:red:

ya,, thank you much,, I check about each distance , with simple primitive.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Akhbour said:
    The beauty and the beast!

Beauty dish as Keylight, softbox as fill light and a spotlight as backlight.

Nice image Peter. Really nice soft lighting going on there.

The last image in my render thread uses 4 area lights and UberEnviro for Ambient Light Only before they got messed up in the latest build of DS4.5. ;)

edited December 1969

Thanks Pete! ^_^

• InaneGloryInaneGlory Posts: 294
    edited December 1969

Akhbour said:
    Here is a quick example with the beautydish, parented to a zero intensity spotlight:

Thanks for trying to help answer peoples questions Akhbour! ;-)

edited December 1969

Au,,,I remembered,, so,, it is like urberenvironment light,, that I can not check it without render:red:

ya,, thank you much,, I check about each distance , with simple primitive.

Unfortunately, because an area light can be any size or shape it doesn't have all the available user tools that you get with using regular DS spotlights. So yes, the lights do require getting used to how they work but once you get used to them I'm confidant you'll quality of the light they provide is worth the time it takes to get used to them.

The only real quality setting the lights have is the Shadow Samples setting. Higher numbers = better shadow gradients but longer render times.

Spread Angle: for most of the lights in this set this isn't a feature that is available. The exception is the spotlights. These have much more tightly defined cones of light. In the light rigs it's easy to adjust the width of the cone by simply move the spotlight nearer (smaller) or further away (larger) using the zoom control. The individual Spotlights actually have a control dial built into them that allows you to modify the beams width with out changing the lights position very much. What it actually does is shorten or lengthen the size of the tube that forms the spotlight. The shorter the tube, the wider the beam width. That is way the small Spotlight is actually physically bigger that the large Spotlight. In this case small and large are referring to the size of the spotlight's beam, not the physical size of the light.

There is an old trick someone tried with the original Photo Sudio that helped them get used to how they worked, where they where pointed etc. It's kind of a variation on parenting the individual to a standard spotlight. Only this time you parent the standard spotlight to the mesh light. Be sure to parent it to the 2nd bone, not the 1st one (parent to the 'Key' bone not the "Key Light' bone etc). Now you need to zero all the transforms on the standard spotlight. Then set Y Trans to 150, Z Trans to 250 (-250 for the Back light) This should lineup the new spotlight with the target mesh light. Now you can see the light pointer and even change the view point to look through the spotlight. Make sure you turn the intensity of the spotlight down to zero and make sure you use the light rigs movement controls, otherwise you'll end up moving the standard spotlight and not the actual mesh light.

edited December 1969

Thanks for trying to help answer peoples questions Akhbour! ;-)

I hope you don't mind, since I was playing also a bit with the individual light props ...

edited December 1969

And a new one, two lights only, one blueish large spotlight as backlight shining down from up and behind with an intensity of 200% and an orangish Beautydish on the ground to the left of the camera with an intensity of 40% and the actual light prop scaled down to 40% of its original size:

Demon2.jpg
    789 x 1058 - 35K
    edited December 1969

Akhbour said:
    And a new one, two lights only, one blueish large spotlight as backlight shining down from up and behind with an intensity of 200% and an orangish Beautydish on the ground to the left of the camera with an intensity of 40% and the actual light prop scaled down to 40% of its original size:

Very cool!

edited December 1969

Akhbour ,InaneGlory

thanks much about all guide!!:)

I never use other light untill I used to this light sets.
    ( I am content with product and happy about studio sets and many beatiful wall papers already ^^;)

• peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited December 1969

OK...I see a lot of references to area lights and how they work with the new DS 4.5 beta. My really n00b question: Does this also pertain to Set 3? I don't want to update my present version of DS (the release version) because I lose too many plug-ins. But I want to be able to use my Studio to the max....so I need to see if it is important enough to lose some plug-ins.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

If you are using 4.5.0.114, then Uberarea lights don;t work in it, so IG lights don;t work properly wither, so you should upgrade to the latest version 4.5.0.137 Beta.

What plugins wont you be able to use. Most have been updated afaik.

edited December 1969

To use the Area lights you need the latest beta as they don't work or only half work in Release version.

edited December 1969

Yeah, I have discovered that, as I do my work. The problem is Reality 2.5 will no longer be available. But with the great improvements in lighting (ie Studio 3, and HDR ProSets), I can get along without it.

edited December 1969

Wow!!!! What a difference!!! I can't wait to get some time to do some new renders with this set. Big "Jurassic Park" type doors have just been opened.

edited December 1969

And another one of the "Oh my cuteness" series:

Brains!!!!

Three lights in this one, one Spotlight large, shining down from above at 50%, pretending to be a ceiling light, one Beautydish to the left of the camera as Key light at 60% and one Softbox to the right as fill light at 20%

HorrorShow.jpg
    789 x 1081 - 66K
    edited December 1969

Glad to see everyone's having fun. I seemed to have stopped getting notices on this thread, so maybe this will fix that.

PP_Promo_-_Tanwen01.jpg
    850 x 650 - 244K
    PP_Promo_-_Beach02.jpg
    850 x 650 - 195K
    PP_Promo_-_Kytana02_CU.jpg
    650 x 650 - 215K
    PP_Promo_-_Epiphany01_CU.jpg
    650 x 650 - 260K
    edited December 1969

Spiderman. The webs were, obviously, post process.

Spiderman.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 756K