InaneGlory's Photo Studio 3 and PA Sale[Commercial]

InaneGloryInaneGlory Posts: 294
edited September 2012 in The Commons

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/inaneglorys-photo-studio-3
Introducing Photo Studio 3 - the next step in mesh lighting. Photo Studio 3 brings four new lighting rigs to give your renders balanced lighting or a dramatic flair. New features for Photo Studio 3 include a newly created gel light and two spotlights. Additionally, each of the light rigs utilizes geometry switching so you can easily change the type of mesh light used in any given scene. Four types of light rigs are included, with position poses, light intensities, shadow intensities, and render quality settings presets for each one. Total customization of each light rig is available in the surfaces tab. Each mesh light also comes as an individual light so you can create your own lighting set ups.
Also included are 45 light gel textures, and 44 new textures for the paper roll, studio and backdrop props.

*Photo Studio 3 (and 1 & 2) relies on the built-in Area Light Shader. Unfortunately, the Area Light is broken in the latest full release of 4.5
A new 4.5 beta with the fixed Area Light in it should be available later this week, with a full version release available next month.

Edit: new 4.5 beta with fixed Area Light here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7959/
Plus the Area Light still continues to work in DS3 and DS4.0.3.47

Plus everything in both our stores is on sale at 50% off until Monday, September 17th
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/inaneglory
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/destinysgarden

Main_-_DevinPS3_CU.jpg
650 x 650 - 184K
PopUp01_-_Aikobot2a_CU.jpg
650 x 650 - 162K
PopUp05z_-_Promo04.jpg
650 x 650 - 181K
PopUp10_-_WiredPS3cu1_CU.jpg
650 x 650 - 185K
Post edited by InaneGlory on

Comments

• InaneGloryInaneGlory Posts: 294
    edited December 1969

Here's a few renders using the new mesh-based Gel Light

PopUp06d_-_Caustic07.jpg
    650 x 650 - 119K
    PopUp06f_-_Caustic06.jpg
    650 x 650 - 136K
    PopUp06b_-_BW07.jpg
    650 x 650 - 115K
    PopUp06z_-_Caustic09.jpg
    650 x 650 - 130K
    PopUp05_-_Promo04a_CU.jpg
    650 x 650 - 177K
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 1969

I love these lights.

IG-mermaid-1.jpg
    1200 x 848 - 395K
    hourglass.jpg
    746 x 848 - 326K
    edited December 1969

Beautiful Renders scorpio!

Probably the biggest change in Photo Studio 3 is the ability to switch out individual lights with a single click. In Photo Studio 1 & 2 you where pretty much stuck with the types of lights I'd chosen in each of the light rigs. If you wanted a different type of light you had to switch to a new set of lights. If you had done a lot of customization on the lights position, intensity, color etc. switching out for a different set of lights could be a major undertaking. Now you can simply switch out each light as you choose while still maintaining all the same settings. Maybe a broad light will fit your scene's needs better than a spotlight, maybe you want accent light to be a Beauty Dish instead of a Ring Light or maybe you don't want an accent light at all. It's all a simple one click change while everything else remains the same

PP_Promo_-_Kytana01.jpg
    850 x 650 - 235K
    PP_Promo_-_Archer.jpg
    850 x 650 - 206K
    PP_Promo_-_Chandra03_CU2.jpg
    650 x 650 - 192K
    PopUp08z_-_Promo02.jpg
    650 x 650 - 158K
  • Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
    edited September 2012

Do these work with the UberLightKit Controller and/or UberEnvironment? Also, how well do they work swapping/adding UberSpot/UberPoint, or do these have all of the features such as falloff/gobo/barndoors that those lights have?

And yes beautiful renders, both promos and Scorpio's

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
  • Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited September 2012

AWESOME! Always love your lights. Especially since they don't take FOREVER to render like a lot of light sets tend to do.

And beautiful renders! :)

Edited to add: And I was wondering why Photo Studio 2 wasn't working anymore. Now I know. :( Good to know a fix is on the way. :)

Post edited by Knight22179 on
  • reelyorreelyor Posts: 235
    edited September 2012

I have 1 and 2.
    Will THESE work with DAZ 4.5?

I have a problem with Photo Studio 1 (haven't installed 2 yet) and 4.5 due to a bug? with DAZ 4.5 and Uber Area Lights.
    Love the sets.

EDIT:
    Nevermind, thanks. I see the note in the header.
    I'll buy them.

Post edited by reelyor on
    edited December 1969

These lights are worth getting even if you have to wait a few days to use them.

tin-dolls.jpg
    707 x 1000 - 464K
    killzone1IG2.jpg
    1200 x 848 - 404K
  • reelyorreelyor Posts: 235
    edited December 1969

Oh, I know.
    I already bought them

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Me too!. It is a very worthwhile set, and a lot of thought has gone into it. I am well impressed, and even more so when we get 4.5.0.121

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Bought them! How will I know when the beta will be released that fixes the lights? I know InaneGlory said later this week but will I recieve some kind of notice or something?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

It might be part of a newsletter, but i doubt it. Keep an eye on the thread in the commons, it will probably be a sticky there.

That is what I am going to do anyway.

edited December 1969

Probably the biggest change in Photo Studio 3 is the ability to switch out individual lights with a single click....Maybe a broad light will fit your scene's needs better than a spotlight, maybe you want accent light to be a Beauty Dish instead of a Ring Light or maybe you don't want an accent light at all....

Does this kit use UberPoint/UberSpot and are the required? Can I swap any of them for UberPoint/UberSpot without loosing settings if not so I can extend some aspect of particular light(s)

• peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited December 1969

Tarzan.....LIKE! Sold...heading over to the cash register.

edited December 1969

And a couple more using the gel lights.

IG-gel-4.jpg
    707 x 999 - 223K
    IG-gel-3.jpg
    707 x 999 - 258K
  • gingercakes47gingercakes47 Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

Got it! Already had the first set of lights and am happy with them so couldn't pass this opportunity up.

edited December 1969

I really like this light set....so many adjustments and backgrounds too!!

ZipSpeedy.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 599K
    edited December 1969

One more

spot-and-broad2.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 447K
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    Do these work with the UberLightKit Controller and/or UberEnvironment? Also, how well do they work swapping/adding UberSpot/UberPoint, or do these have all of the features such as falloff/gobo/barndoors that those lights have?

And yes beautiful renders, both promos and Scorpio's

All of the Photo Studio Lights will work with UberSoft Lighting or UberEnvironment. You can get very nice results if you set the UbE to Bounce or Indirect Lighting (but these require a big strong, fast render machine and will greatly increase render times).

No, you can't swap out for UberSpots or UberPoints. I'm sure you could turn off the mesh light and parent the UberSpot if you really wanted to but the quality of light created by the mesh lights is very different from an UberSpot. You could UberSpots/Points to a scene with Photo Studio Lights. The Area Light Shader supports falloff, the Gel Light (only) supports gobos. None have built in barndoors but any plane put in front of/to the side of one of the mesh lights will do the job quite nicely :)

edited December 1969

Bought them! How will I know when the beta will be released that fixes the lights? I know InaneGlory said later this week but will I recieve some kind of notice or something?

I don't know if they will notify anyone about it but as soon as I know its released I'm sure I'll be going out of my way to lets as many people know how it get it. Plus, then I finally get to upgrade to 4.5 too :) I really wanted to re-render the feather dancer with April's new feather hair but I can't get them together in the same scene quite yet.

edited September 2012

Love the emotion in these

Edit: kind of sucks the original pictures get lost in the reply's

Post edited by InaneGlory on
    edited December 1969

pete.c44 said:

Very cool!

Who's the little robot guy?

edited December 1969

Looks like the part of the features list that talks about the compatibility between the 3 sets of Photo Studio Lights didn't make it into the final version of the page. The features list should have this at the bottom:

Fully compatible with Photo Studio and Photo Studio 2 light and presets

All poses and presets for set X1 will work with the light sets from Photo Studio 1

All poses and presets from Photo Studio 1 will work on set X1

All poses and presets for set X2 will work with the Twin Key light sets from Photo Studio 2

All poses and presets from the Twin Key light sets from Photo Studio 2 will work on set X2

All poses and presets for set X3 will work with the Twin Fill light sets from Photo Studio 2

All poses and presets from the Twin Fill light sets from Photo Studio 2 will work on set X3

All of the textures from each of the 3 Photo studio sets will work on each of the 3 background props

Built in DS3.1.2.24

edited December 1969

pete.c44 said:

Very cool!

Who's the little robot guy?

Why that's "Zip Speedy".

edited September 2012

...the quality of light created by the mesh lights is very different from an UberSpot...

By very different I take it you mean you don't find the UberSpot works as well as the mesh light? Does the mesh light allow adjusting falloff the same as the US/UP?

Also, the reason I was asking about the UberSoft Light Kit is that it supposedly manages all of the shadows of all of the lights and in doing so cuts down on render time. Is this redundant to features in Photo Studio 3? Also, Photo Studio 3 you said you could move the lights, swap them out etc.. so I guess I'm wondering if the UberSoft Light Kit is beneficial or redundant.

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
    edited December 1969

I used a light dose of Interjection on this.Absolutely no post work.

Model.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    ...the quality of light created by the mesh lights is very different from an UberSpot...

By very different I take it you mean you don't find the UberSpot works as well as the mesh light? Does the mesh light allow adjusting falloff the same as the US/UP?

Also, the reason I was asking about the UberSoft Light Kit is that it supposedly manages all of the shadows of all of the lights and in doing so cuts down on render time. Is this redundant to features in Photo Studio 3? Also, Photo Studio 3 you said you could move the lights, swap them out etc.. so I guess I'm wondering if the UberSoft Light Kit is beneficial or redundant.

Comparing the UberArea Light & UberSpot Light is like comparing apples and oranges. Yes, fall off is handled pretty much the same.

UberSoft only manages the shadows created by the special lights that come with the kit, not any regular DS lights or other Uber lights so it's not going to speed things up by itself. But if you where to light up a large set (light Stonemason's Backstreets with lots of UberSoft lights and then used PS3 lights to frame your subject it would probably help speed up your render times.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/inaneglory-simple-soft-lighting
    This set was designed to specifically around the UberEnvironment/UberSpot or UberSoft Lighting

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,549
    edited September 2012

Scorpio60dragon, fabulous renders as always. There is so much feeling in the on with the 2 mech women. The guy in the bathtub is just creepy. (Is that AntFarm's kill zone set?) You are doing awesome work with the gel lights too. It is always a treat to see you pictures.

pete.c64, very fun pic with the Zip Speedy. Great skin on the lady in black. I'm glad you're having a good time with all the settings and the backgrounds.

Thanks for the comments Knight22179, JimmyC_2009, reeylor, gingercakes47, and Gedd.

I'm loving all the renders. Thanks so mucb for sharing them and keep them comiing everyone.
    More questions? Post them here and we'll get back to you.

cheers!

Post edited by DestinysGarden on
    edited December 1969

The guy in the bathtube is just creepy. cheers!
  • DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,549
    edited December 1969

Good reference pic Gedd. Now get me a render of it for full points. ;-)

edited December 1969

Scorpio already did it for you ;)