Poser vs. DAZ

Comments

• j cadej cade Posts: 2,310

What DS needs are advanced easy dependency editor features. ERC-freeze appears very limited to me. A morph brush whould be lovley too. Poser is still stuck in the 90s' technologie and its users reject any progress afraid they are loosing V4 compability. I still will use both. I guess Poser mainley because of upcomming ProjectE release.

In the end I will go with that software, that offers pro features for pro figures. Just pose Genesis3F next to Poser's Pauline and you know who has really blown it.

There's also the property hierarchy tab. turn on edit mode in the parameters and its pretty much click and drag. DS does actually have pretty advanced dependency tools, but they are just very undocumented (you can find some documentation you just have to go searching) Thankfully for me, I'm the sort of person whow likes fiddling around to explore features. 

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,314
    Havos said:
    kyoto kid said:

...the one thing Poser still has going for it is an "open" cloth dynamics system which is pretty much what I use it for.

Although thanks to that script at the "other" site, we pretty much have this in DS as well now.

What script are you referring to? There is some solution over at Rendo but AFAIR this is windows only?! Would love to find a solution working with DAZ on Mac.

I thought scripts (as opposed to plug-ins that might include some libraries) worked on Mac or Windows, however it could be this script does indeed only work on Windows, and was probably only tested on Windows, assuming the PA that wrote it only has a windows box.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,766
    Mythcons said:

If you're doing renders for images, I'd stick with Daz. Take the $200 and get an iClone package. Poser doesn't offer much else that Daz doesn't.

The gap is definitely closing.  There are a few items in Poser that still make it worth having, but although I evaluate each new version as it comes out, I haven't seen the need to upgrade to the newest versions at the current pricing. 

• Jan19Jan19 Posts: 1,109
    Chohole said:

Genesis is not a merchant resource. not any of the 3 generations of Genesis

Thanks, Cho.  :-) 

That sounds iffy to me...

Better just to read the EULA yourself:

http://store.smithmicro.com/sellers/cpstaff/license/PoserPro-EULA.pdf

Definitely iffy.  :-)  I should've kept my mouth shut about Paul/Pauline, because it seems that nobody is exactly clear on what their status as a "merchant resource" means. 

It was one of those "before the sun rises" posts. frown  They don't count.

edited March 2016

Duplicate post.  I'm sorry.  My internet is acting weird.

Post edited by Jan19 on
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    Havos said:
    kyoto kid said:

...the one thing Poser still has going for it is an "open" cloth dynamics system which is pretty much what I use it for.

Although thanks to that script at the "other" site, we pretty much have this in DS as well now.

What script are you referring to? There is some solution over at Rendo but AFAIR this is windows only?! Would love to find a solution working with DAZ on Mac.

I think there are two products. One is a script by Lola69 and that allows conforming clothes to be draped using the Dynamic Clothing plugin in DAZ Studio for the Optitex system. The other (which also turns conforming into dynamic) is by Virtual World Dynamics and is working in Poser right now but is being developed for Carrara and DAZ Studio. I believe the latter is indeed Windows-only but a Mac version has been promised at some stage. The VWD product is more interesting to me because it doesn't need the Optitex plugin and it also allows for cloth drapes to be dragged and manipulated to new positions using the mouse. That - to me - is a huge plus over Optitex.

However, I too have a Mac.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,954
    edited March 2016
    Jan19 said:
    Mattymanx said:
    Jan19 said:

One thing I forgot to mention -- w/Poser 11, you do get two figures -- Paul and Pauline -- that are "open source," although the interpretation of "open source" seems to be open to interpretation. :-)

But supposedly, you can use Paul/Pauline as bases for your own figures, if you ever intend to enter that arena.

With Daz Studio you get 5 free figures.  Genesis, Genesis 2 Female, Genesis 2 Male, Genesis 3 Female & Genesis 3 Male.  All genesis figures have the ability to mix morphs very easily to get a more custom appearence.

Yes, DAZ figures are top of the line.  Everyone wants them. :-)  Are they merchant resources though? 

When I put "open source" in my previous post -- I know better than to post before daylight -- I was wrong.  Paul and Pauline are "merchant resources."  But my understanding of their EULA is...someone could take Paul/Pauline into ZBrush, re-sculpt them into other figures, then retopo (or not), and sell the sculpted figure.  For a game engine or whatever. 

I posted that interp on another forum, and a couple of members agreed...then another said, "better contact SM to be sure."  I never did write SM because the idea of resculpting Pauline turned out to be a passing fancy, as usual.  But if someone did want to sculpt figures for games or whatever, it'd be convenient to start w/a pre-made base. :-)

I think the general problem is a lack of understanding what a merchant resource is, so when Nerd3D used the term merchant resource to distinguish Pauline from an Open Source figure, a lot of people simply didn't understand what it meant.  A merchant resource is an item that is specifically produced for a purchaser to buy and resell in it's entirety, provided that the second party makes X number of modifications and follows whatever other restrictions the creator of the merchant resource tacks on.  That's as opposed to open source , which means that the item is completely free to use, for any purpose, without restriction.  This means that the Poser figures are no more or less a merchant resource in the traditional context than the DAZ figures are.  Yes, you can do radical morphs and redesigns to the base figure, add new textures, etc., and put those modifications up for sale, BUT, that is contingent on whoever buying the item already having purchased Poser 11/Pauline from SMicro and you can't include any of her geometry or rigging as part of your package.  As near as I can tell, the sole difference between Pauline and the new DAZ figures or Dawn, is that you MAY be be allowed to use Pauline in a videogame without an additional licencing agreement from SM, though I haven't seen that directly confirmed. 

You may not use Paul or Pauline in a video game without purchasing Poser Pro Game Developer.

You may use the low res male, low res female, middle res male, and middle res female and any other content purchased that is explicitly stated to be unrestricted content without having to buy Poser Pro Game Developer.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
    Jan19 said:
    Mattymanx said:
    Jan19 said:

One thing I forgot to mention -- w/Poser 11, you do get two figures -- Paul and Pauline -- that are "open source," although the interpretation of "open source" seems to be open to interpretation. :-)

But supposedly, you can use Paul/Pauline as bases for your own figures, if you ever intend to enter that arena.

With Daz Studio you get 5 free figures.  Genesis, Genesis 2 Female, Genesis 2 Male, Genesis 3 Female & Genesis 3 Male.  All genesis figures have the ability to mix morphs very easily to get a more custom appearence.

Yes, DAZ figures are top of the line.  Everyone wants them. :-)  Are they merchant resources though? 

When I put "open source" in my previous post -- I know better than to post before daylight -- I was wrong.  Paul and Pauline are "merchant resources."  But my understanding of their EULA is...someone could take Paul/Pauline into ZBrush, re-sculpt them into other figures, then retopo (or not), and sell the sculpted figure.  For a game engine or whatever. 

I posted that interp on another forum, and a couple of members agreed...then another said, "better contact SM to be sure."  I never did write SM because the idea of resculpting Pauline turned out to be a passing fancy, as usual.  But if someone did want to sculpt figures for games or whatever, it'd be convenient to start w/a pre-made base. :-)

I think the general problem is a lack of understanding what a merchant resource is, so when Nerd3D used the term merchant resource to distinguish Pauline from an Open Source figure, a lot of people simply didn't understand what it meant.  A merchant resource is an item that is specifically produced for a purchaser to buy and resell in it's entirety, provided that the second party makes X number of modifications and follows whatever other restrictions the creator of the merchant resource tacks on.  That's as opposed to open source , which means that the item is completely free to use, for any purpose, without restriction.  This means that the Poser figures are no more or less a merchant resource in the traditional context than the DAZ figures are.  Yes, you can do radical morphs and redesigns to the base figure, add new textures, etc., and put those modifications up for sale, BUT, that is contingent on whoever buying the item already having purchased Poser 11/Pauline from SMicro and you can't include any of her geometry or rigging as part of your package.  As near as I can tell, the sole difference between Pauline and the new DAZ figures or Dawn, is that you MAY be be allowed to use Pauline in a videogame without an additional licencing agreement from SM, though I haven't seen that directly confirmed. 

You may not use Paul or Pauline in a video game without purchasing Poser Pro Game Developer.

You may use the low res male, low res female, middle res male, and middle res female and any other content purchased that is explicitly stated to be unrestricted content without having to buy Poser Pro Game Developer.

And here's a post from Nerd3d, from the DNA forum index:

Begin Quote --

nerd3d

12-19-2015, 05:18 PM

1) The content that is "Unrestricted" in game dev is now "Unrestricted" in Poser and Poser Pro. The exact figures are spelled out in the EULA. This didn't change.
    2) That depends. If the original geometry can be extracted from a marmoset file, I'd say no. Not all figures can be redistributed.
    3) Paul and Pauling are merchant resources. You can use their source files to create derivative works. You CAN use the Geometry to base clothes on, for example you could use the base mash to create a cat suit by removing the head and hands and then extruding the rest out.
    4) You can use the Textures as a starting point for your own textures. you CAN use the face texture and paint makeup on it.

You can use the DEV CR2 as a starting point for a clothing item or completely new Poser figure. You CAN NOT copy the unmodified figures to another 3D app. You CAN use the figures as game resources.
    5) Presently only Paul and Pauline are resources. That may change.
    6) Ditto.

I expected to have this amendment to the EULA in the first service release but getting all this spelled out in proper legaleze is more time consuming than I anticipated.

End Quote -

​I have the game developer's add on for PP 2014, but this is the first I've heard about needing it to use Paul/Pauline in a game engine. 

It's no big deal, but this is what I meant by "open to interpretation".  The merchant resource thing is muddy water.

I guess the safest thing to do is write SM and ask, should someone want to use Paul/Pauline in a game engine.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,954
    edited March 2016
    Jan19 said:
    Jan19 said:
    Mattymanx said:
    Jan19 said:

And here's a post from Nerd3d, from the DNA forum index:

Begin Quote --

nerd3d

12-19-2015, 05:18 PM

1) The content that is "Unrestricted" in game dev is now "Unrestricted" in Poser and Poser Pro. The exact figures are spelled out in the EULA. This didn't change.
    2) That depends. If the original geometry can be extracted from a marmoset file, I'd say no. Not all figures can be redistributed.
    3) Paul and Pauling are merchant resources. You can use their source files to create derivative works. You CAN use the Geometry to base clothes on, for example you could use the base mash to create a cat suit by removing the head and hands and then extruding the rest out.
    4) You can use the Textures as a starting point for your own textures. you CAN use the face texture and paint makeup on it.

You can use the DEV CR2 as a starting point for a clothing item or completely new Poser figure. You CAN NOT copy the unmodified figures to another 3D app. You CAN use the figures as game resources.
    5) Presently only Paul and Pauline are resources. That may change.
    6) Ditto.

I expected to have this amendment to the EULA in the first service release but getting all this spelled out in proper legaleze is more time consuming than I anticipated.

End Quote -

​I have the game developer's add on for PP 2014, but this is the first I've heard about needing it to use Paul/Pauline in a game engine. 

It's no big deal, but this is what I meant by "open to interpretation".  The merchant resource thing is muddy water.

I guess the safest thing to do is write SM and ask, should someone want to use Paul/Pauline in a game engine.

It's really not open to interpretation. Misunderstanding, but not interpretation. It's pretty much like you and I already said. And people need to know saying Poser doesn't mean the EULA is the same for all those versions. 

They merged features of Poser Pro 2014 Game Dev into Poser Pro 11 but it's more or less the same license usage rights between the two. If you have Poser Pro 11 you have a game development license for the restricted content. The game engine technology used to create the game/app has to do a reasonable job of trying to prevent extraction of the Poser content when the game is distributed. It's a big and good library of content for game developers.

Those usage rights is not the case with Poser 11. The feature set compare between Poser Pro 11 and Poser 11 makes that more clear than the EULA:

http://my.smithmicro.com/poser-compare.html

And they have PBR now in Poser 11. smiley

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
    edited March 2016

OK, I'm not sure of my ground on the usage issue, so I'll retire from that discussion with as much grace as possible. ;-)

Yes, the Cycles render engine became the basis for SuperFly.  SuperFly has no HDRI dome, though, and the Construct (P11's substitute for a dome) has bad UV mapping.  It's very hard to create images for it, unless they're just colors.  SuperFly is definitely not IRay -- and until SnarlyGribbly came out with a script (EZSkin3), I couldn't render any characters in SF, other than Pauline.  I'm not happy with SuperFly.  I tried to be, but it didn't work.

The FireFly render engine is still good, though, in P11.

Post edited by Jan19 on
    edited March 2016

I should add -- in a private conversation, someone said there was a "dome environment" for SuperFly in the works.  I really hope that's true.  And there is a physically based node for SuperFly, although I haven't used it much.  Poser 11 does have its advantages and a lot of potential -- and I don't want to kill a sale, if the OP of this thread is really enthusiastic about trying it.  P11 does not have the sleek convenience of DS/IRay though.  With IRay, I have the luxury of spending hours tweaking a render, because many of the base tasks take only seconds to execute.  It all boils down to what a user's priorities are. 

If someone likes the nuts and bolts of rendering, then P11-- especially at the upcoming half-price sale that was mentioned -- would be a nice buy.  And a ton of exquisite Poser merchandise has come to DAZ, since the RDNA merger, to join the Poser items that were already in the shop.  Buying a new piece of software is always something of a gamble, I guess, under any circumstances.

Best of luck w/your decision, colinmac2. smiley

Post edited by Jan19 on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    Jan19 said:

OK, I'm not sure of my ground on the usage issue, so I'll retire from that discussion with as much grace as possible. ;-)

Yes, the Cycles render engine became the basis for SuperFly.  SuperFly has no HDRI dome, though, and the Construct (P11's substitute for a dome) has bad UV mapping.  It's very hard to create images for it, unless they're just colors.  SuperFly is definitely not IRay -- and until SnarlyGribbly came out with a script (EZSkin3), I couldn't render any characters in SF, other than Pauline.  I'm not happy with SuperFly.  I tried to be, but it didn't work.

Cycles itself can use HDRI; the car in my sig was rendered in Cycles in Blender about three or four years ago, and the lighting was an HDRI. But I've seen posts of Blender/Cycles users who also use Poser saying the implementation isn't complete. Or at least I think I have a recolection of that.

@OP

It doesn't have to be either/or.

It can be find the tool for the task I need to do now; that can be Daz, Poser, Blender, Maya, or some combination.

It's about creating something, not the tool. So whatever works for you, and that takes experimentation.

• I have used both programs for many years, and had been transitioning away from Poser for the past two years, but with Poser 11 I am bringing it back into my workflow for comic book projects. I have had Poser 11 for about three or four months now, and the feature that I am using the most is the Geometric Edges with their Comic Book Preview.

This is NOT just another "toon" render option, and as such, Daz Studio currently does not have anything like this (if someone has a good render script or can recommend a way to duplicate this functionality, I'm very interested). This feature actually draws a nice, solid black line around the figure (and its sub-parts) based on its geometry. It works very well for figure outlining -- not so much with off-the-shelf hair (more on this in a minute). I have attached an image I created using this feature. I did a lot of post work on the wall to deform the shapes of the bricks, but I could have used the Morph Brush tool to create the distorted bricks, and the Geometric Edges would have picked up on this. Additionally, the thickness of the line can be edited for each different material. So, skin could have a thinner line than clothing or metal. You can also set it differently for hair or teeth (or turn it off entirely).

Regarding hair: Because the Geometric Edge works on geometry, I actually got very good results using it with some of the VERY old hair props that came with Poser 4. 

I can't say that the Geometric Edge Comic Book Preview is worth the investment of money and time (although it is for me), but it is a feature I'm using and it is luring me back to using Poser again: I'm actually spending a decent amount of money on V4 and M4 content again. Right now I only have the base version of Poser, but I will probably get Poser Pro 11 at some point so I can play around with Bullet Physics available in that version.

Gamma_Girl2_1000px.jpg
    1000 x 624 - 356K
    edited March 2016
    nicstt said:
    Jan19 said:

Cycles itself can use HDRI; the car in my sig was rendered in Cycles in Blender about three or four years ago, and the lighting was an HDRI. But I've seen posts of Blender/Cycles users who also use Poser saying the implementation isn't complete. Or at least I think I have a recolection of that.

@OP

It can be find the tool for the task I need to do now; that can be Daz, Poser, Blender, Maya, or some combination.

It's about creating something, not the tool. So whatever works for you, and that takes experimentation.

There ought to be a place to put the HDRI though.  And as of SR2, there was no HDRI dome in P11, and the Construct (P11's 1/2 dome) won't do the job.  There are outside domes that can be brought into P11, but I didn't like the results I got.  Plus, no matter what I used for an environment that influenced lighting, I didn't get the flashy look for metals w/SuperFly, that I can get w/IRay and other PBR engines.

And the people who say that SuperFly is not Cycles are right.  SuperFly is based on Cycles, but some of the Cycles components were not implemented in P11.

I just read that SR3 for P11 is out, but I don't know what improvements are in SR3.

Unless SR3 installs some jim-dandy improvements, I would not rely on P11 for Next Generation PBR renders.  For Firefly renders, yes.  They're great, as always.

But I'll see what SR3 has to offer. :-)

Post edited by Jan19 on
    edited March 2016

About Poser 11 SR3 -- the only improvements to SuperFly that I've found interesting are 4 material guides, which show placement and Gamma value for various PBR maps.

Still no in-house HDRI dome, unless I'm overlooking it.  Default scene still loads with the 1/2 dome Construct.

Post edited by Jan19 on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    Jan19 said:
    nicstt said:
    Jan19 said:

@OP

There ought to be a place to put the HDRI though.  And as of SR2, there was no HDRI dome in P11, and the Construct (P11's 1/2 dome) won't do the job.  There are outside domes that can be brought into P11, but I didn't like the results I got.  Plus, no matter what I used for an environment that influenced lighting, I didn't get the flashy look for metals w/SuperFly, that I can get w/IRay and other PBR engines.

And the people who say that SuperFly is not Cycles are right.  SuperFly is based on Cycles, but some of the Cycles components were not implemented in P11.

I just read that SR3 for P11 is out, but I don't know what improvements are in SR3.

Unless SR3 installs some jim-dandy improvements, I would not rely on P11 for Next Generation PBR renders.  For Firefly renders, yes.  They're great, as always.

Ahh, so i did remember correctly. Lets hope they do fully implement Cycles.

I don't see the point from my pov of buying Poser at this stage. Poser has some things I like, but I've figured a work-round in Daz using Blender too. So Smith Micro, I feel, have missed an opportunity here. Having said that, there is lots to like about Poser 11 Pro, so will watch that space. :)

edited April 2016
    nicstt said:
    Jan19 said:
    nicstt said:
    Jan19 said:

@OP

Ahh, so i did remember correctly. Lets hope they do fully implement Cycles.

I don't see the point from my pov of buying Poser at this stage. Poser has some things I like, but I've figured a work-round in Daz using Blender too. So Smith Micro, I feel, have missed an opportunity here. Having said that, there is lots to like about Poser 11 Pro, so will watch that space. :)

To be fair, the only thing about P11 that I don't like is the SuperFly render engine.  But since that's the major addition -- PP 2014 will give users most everything else -- SF oughta be a lot more than it is.  I wish they'd never considered that Cycles implementation and just added another (next gen pbr) light model to the Alternate Channels.  Pair that with a dome that could be imported from the Library -- and it seems to me that P11 would have quick and easy next gen pbr, especially since IBL was already possible w/the FF engine.  I guess they thought they had to go big or go home, though.  Or there's an inherent flaw in my idea -- entirely possible. smiley  

Anyway, the SR3 did not provide a PBR dome, as I'd hoped for, but someone found a way to create a dome-environment from the advanced material room background.  I had to add lights to render the figure though -- it blacked out otherwise -- so I can't see that the pseudo-dome is of much use.  

Post edited by Jan19 on
  •  

About Poser 11 SR3 -- the only improvements to SuperFly that I've found interesting are 4 material guides, which show placement and Gamma value for various PBR maps.

Still no in-house HDRI dome, unless I'm overlooking it.  Default scene still loads with the 1/2 dome Construct.

Hum.

"SR3: Added Cast_Light option to Background shader node"

HDRIDomP11.png
    1920 x 1041 - 687K
    edited April 2016
    Jan19 said:

Hum.

Someone showed me that, as I said in my last post. :-)  I couldn't get the HDRI to light a human figure though.  She rendered black w/o added lights.  The HDRI was in the background, but that's it.

Post edited by Jan19 on
  • Oh, sorry.

Jan19 said:
    Jan19 said:

Hum.

Someone showed me that, as I said in my last post. :-)  I couldn't get the HDRI to light a human figure though.  She rendered black w/o added lights.  The HDRI was in the background, but that's it.

Oh, sorry.

Jan19 said:
    Jan19 said:

Hum.

No worries. smiley​  I am grateful for any tips and hints.

• Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,747

I've been using DAZ Studio almost exclusively for several years. Last year I bought Poser 10 just because I was feeling nostalgic. I don't use Poser any more. Awhile ago I decided to go almost exclusvely with Genesis figures. That cinched it for me. It's DAZ Studio all the way.

Oh, sorry.

Jan19 said:
    Jan19 said:

Hum.

Actually, it's me that needs to apologize.  An HDRI on the Material Room bkg will light a figure, if Cast Light is checked. blush​  I overlooked that little step.  I'm sorry.

I still need to find out if there's a way to get a preview of the HDRI on the background before rendering, and a way to make the HDRI catch shadows.  At least the HDRI light is a step forward though. :-)

There's a guy on another forum who manages to figure all this stuff out -- so I watch his posts.

I've been using DAZ Studio almost exclusively for several years. Last year I bought Poser 10 just because I was feeling nostalgic. I don't use Poser any more. Awhile ago I decided to go almost exclusvely with Genesis figures. That cinched it for me. It's DAZ Studio all the way.

I use both. :-)  I love the ease of rigging in DAZ Studio, and IRay, and the way morphs are organized for figures.

I like the smooth transition between Poser and ZB though, via GoZ.  And I like the depth of Poser renders, when I get a good one.  And I like the Cloth Room, for draping.

Each program has advantages. :-)   

edited April 2016

Jan10, that's the difference between you & me. I never do rigging or work in the Cloth Room etc. I want to put together a scene and render an image. The "regular" version of Poser doesn't have many desirable features (64-bit, etc.) You gotta buy the Pro version for the good stuff. But Poser still doesn't handle Genesis characters to the extent or ease of use that I'd like. In my estimation, the owners of Poser never created very good human models. DAZ has always been the best provider of massive amounts of content. No other company has stepped in to fill the void left when the arrival of Genesis figures became an issue. I get all the "Pro" features in DAZ Studio for free. And I can use Genesis.

Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504

For me, the one great advantage of Poser is the cloth room. Dynamic clothing in Daz is too restrictive (even with the paid plugin, which I own), and due to the expense, there aren't many PA's who can create content for it. I own both, so I'm always exporting my work to Poser to use the cloth room. The day Daz Studio gets a full cloth room is the day I'll put Poser away for good, but until then it's still got a lot of utility for me.

For me, the one great advantage of Poser is the cloth room. Dynamic clothing in Daz is too restrictive (even with the paid plugin, which I own), and due to the expense, there aren't many PA's who can create content for it. I own both, so I'm always exporting my work to Poser to use the cloth room. The day Daz Studio gets a full cloth room is the day I'll put Poser away for good, but until then it's still got a lot of utility for me.

I agree -- the Cloth Room is one of Poser's strengths. :-)  If it was bulked up, it could be a selling point in itself, especially for we unfortunate folk who can't use MD5.

Jan10, that's the difference between you & me. I never do rigging or work in the Cloth Room etc. I want to put together a scene and render an image. The "regular" version of Poser doesn't have many desirable features (64-bit, etc.) You gotta buy the Pro version for the good stuff. But Poser still doesn't handle Genesis characters to the extent or ease of use that I'd like. In my estimation, the owners of Poser never created very good human models. DAZ has always been the best provider of massive amounts of content. No other company has stepped in to fill the void left when the arrival of Genesis figures became an issue. I get all the "Pro" features in DAZ Studio for free. And I can use Genesis.

Peace, Ron K.  :-)  I'm not criticizing your app of choice.  It's my app of choice, too, at the moment.  I like being a dual user, but if one program isn't making me happy, I'm not going to fight with it. 

• Jan19 said:
    I like the smooth transition between Poser and ZB though, via GoZ. 

DS does have a GoZ plug-in (which you may know - I'm not sure if you are perhaps commenting on their relative merits rather than saying DS lacks one entirely).

edited April 2016
    Jan19 said:
    I like the smooth transition between Poser and ZB though, via GoZ. 

DS does have a GoZ plug-in (which you may know - I'm not sure if you are perhaps commenting on their relative merits rather than saying DS lacks one entirely).

Yes, but thanks for clarifying my comment. smiley​  Poser sends to ZB w/either material or polygroups though, and I can't figure out how to get DS to do that.  I get one big polygroup in ZB from DS.

Post edited by Jan19 on

Jan19, I have no problem with your preferences, or anyone else's. At the same time, I've really said all I need to say. I'll politely bow out of this discussion. I wish everyone all the best!