Runtime DNA Merges With Daz 3D

Comments

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,437

This should be fun, welcome RDNA!

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,979

Well popped over to the RDNA forums and with the news breaking, people over there are not happy with this and a lot are saying adios to RDNA..

• edited February 2016
    Karibou said:
    frogimus said:

im hoping Littlefox takes Cookie and Star somewhere else.

Not trying to be dense... but is there something wrong with them being here?  Because DAZ is welcoming Poser content, including original figures like Cookie and Star.

So they are saying NOW.

Daz has a long history of "changing it's mind."

And that is PRECISELY why some of us are LESS THAN HAPPY about this move. I am not even a Poser artist. I'm a DS artist. But the BIGGEST reason I bought from RDNA was precisely the very things that DO NOT FIT within Daz's MUCH more conservative world-views. It's the DARKER THEMED products that sold on me. The grittier themes. And I have NO faith that Daz will continue to allow those products to be brokered. RDNA was about the only place I know of that filled that niche. And now, Daz has done what looks to be another "buy out and bury" move.

NOT happy.

Syyd, Colm, Traveler... I wish you folks the best. But I'm sorry, I just am NOT feeling the "happy fluffy bunnies" on this one. At all. And I'm not swallowing the PR campaign, either.

And that's 'nuff said from me.

Post edited by Seliah (Childe of Fyre) on
  • KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    Karibou said:
    frogimus said:

Not trying to be dense... but is there something wrong with them being here?  Because DAZ is welcoming Poser content, including original figures like Cookie and Star.

So they are saying NOW.

And that is PRECISELY why some of us are LESS THAN HAPPY about this move. I am not even a Poser artist. I'm a DS artist. But the BIGGEST reason I bought from RDNA was precisely the very things that DO NOT FIT within Daz's MUCH more conservative world-views. It's the DARKER THEMED products that sold on me. The grittier themes. And I have NO faith that Daz will continue to allow those products to be brokered. RDNA was about the only place I know of that filled that niche. And now, Daz has done what looks to be another "buy out and bury" move.

NOT happy.

Syyd, Colm, Traveler... I wish you folks the best. But I'm sorry, I just am NOT feeling the "happy fluffy bunnies" on this one. At all. And I'm not swallowing the PR campaign, either.

Except Daz never really changed thier mind about Poser support. PA's were the ones who stopped wanting to support it because the sales did not match the time put into support. If SM had wanted continued support for the Daz figures they could have made that happen. Really it was everyones choice BUT Daz.

• DanaTA said:

Looks like the Deep Freeze is already gone.

I just checked and noticed that all the Deep Freeze items that are in my wishlist are up to higher prices.  Sad.  The newsletter that was sent said that nothing changed.  I wouldn't call that nothing.   sad

Dana

Rats! I wish they had let us know ahead that they were closing Deep Freeze so we could have a chance to buy them  at the lower price.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677
    Ashcloud said:

We are DAZ. Lower your shields and surrender your content. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

Thank you for the laugh. I really enjoyed that one. World domination seems pretty cool---unless you're the world.

• Luv LeeLuv Lee Posts: 229

Happy for you Sydd, However pretty sure that's the final nail in the coffin of my 3D purchases. RDNA was the last remaining major vendor site I utilized, since rendo's nightmarish user-unfriendly site overhaul and out of touch customer service, daz's focus on DIM only items and the whole "encrypted" thing had made RDNA the last bastion of customer friendly purchasing. Sorry to see it end but wish you and yours the best of luck.

That is my concern as well. When a company that was more user and customer friendly is taken over by one that is..well...not to much...the customer service, deals, and concerns about buyer wants goes down and u r back at square one.  I mean, the DIM thing sucks cause I always had custom content directories set up for my animation pipeline...now I am forced ot use  hard to locate directories for smart content which works half the time ("ll click genesis 2  for hair and get only two items--another time--ten items. Seirosuly?) .  So, I am a litle  bummed...

Karibou said:
    frogimus said:

So they are saying NOW.

NOT happy.

I am into daker stuff too--I have nothing against fluffy bunnies--but that wasn't my thang, and at least we had an alternative place to go.  What happens to those of us who don't want to be relegated and reigned in by PC regulations?

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996
    Luv Lee said:

Happy for you Sydd, However pretty sure that's the final nail in the coffin of my 3D purchases. RDNA was the last remaining major vendor site I utilized, since rendo's nightmarish user-unfriendly site overhaul and out of touch customer service, daz's focus on DIM only items and the whole "encrypted" thing had made RDNA the last bastion of customer friendly purchasing. Sorry to see it end but wish you and yours the best of luck.

That is my concern as well. When a company that was more user and customer friendly is taken over by one that is..well...not to much...the customer service, deals, and concerns about buyer wants goes down and u r back at square one.  I mean, the DIM thing sucks cause I always had custom content directories set up for my animation pipeline...now I am forced ot use  hard to locate directories for smart content which works half the time ("ll click genesis 2  for hair and get only two items--another time--ten items. Seirosuly?) .  So, I am a litle  bummed...

I think you're thinking of Connect, not DIM. DIM basically just does the same things as the manual download process but with fewer button presses, and is never required over manual downloads anyway.

• lx, I think what happened is that some folks that use DIM forgot to tell iy to use their existing directories (I know I did when I installed it) and now they  have content in multiple places, or something similar. As for the comments about "darker and grittier", while the promotional images I've seen for the Vampire and Zombie stuff in the DAZ store don't show blood and guts, is that really needed to sell those kind of products?

• Nice move, RDNA family integrating with DAZ!

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,814
    edited February 2016
    Luv Lee said:

I am into daker stuff too--I have nothing against fluffy bunnies--but that wasn't my thang, and at least we had an alternative place to go.  What happens to those of us who don't want to be relegated and reigned in by PC regulations?

Given Daz 3D has darker sets here like:
    http://www.daz3d.com/dead-walker-mr-happy-hd
    http://www.daz3d.com/long-time-dead-for-genesis-2-male

(lots more but I just wanted to pick a couple)

I don't think there is an issue as far as "darker themes" go. Just it is a market a PA is either into or is not, and only a few PAs here are into it.

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
    lx said:
    Luv Lee said:

Ah you are right--I did get my wires crossed...

lx said:
    Luv Lee said:

I think you're thinking of Connect, not DIM. DIM basically just does the same things as the manual download process but with fewer button presses, and is never required over manual downloads anyway.

Luv Lee said:

Given Daz 3D has darker sets here like:
    http://www.daz3d.com/dead-walker-mr-happy-hd
    http://www.daz3d.com/long-time-dead-for-genesis-2-male

(lots more but I just wanted to pick a couple)

I don't think there is an issue as far as "darker themes" go. Just it is a market a PA is either into or is not, and only a few PAs here are into it.

I was thinking more of the really cool Dark Femme's Sydd and others created   Dead Nurse  http://www.runtimedna.com/Sister-No-Mercy.html  ; De La Morte http://www.runtimedna.com/De-La-Morte-M4.html and  Lucreziahttp://www.runtimedna.com/Beautiful-Monsters-LucreZia-VFour-Poser-and-DS.html   ...those characters were unique and darkly wonderful in concept, making RDNA my go to place for such things.  I understand that some  PA's are not into that and that's cool, to each thier own, but still leaves me and those with my proclivites with no place to go for that kind of thing...

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,814
    edited February 2016

Well going by what Daz 3D Posted on their Facebook page: *See Attached*

It may be worth waiting and seeing how things pan out smiley It may not be the way you think.
    FBPostDaz.jpg
    492 x 231 - 31K
    Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • I checked out their site and found a serious omision.

It is very easy to find all legal documentation stating all the rights and protections and responcibilities

of the sellers.

I found absolutely NO documentation listing the rights of purchasers.

as far as I can tell, I could buy a model..use it and end up in court being sued. For copyright infringement.

That stuff needs to be UP FRONT and it is not.

Well going by what Daz 3D Posted on their Facebook page: *See Attached*

It may be worth waiting and seeing how things pan out smiley It may not be the way you think.

Fingers crossed

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,558
    ghosty12 said:

Well popped over to the RDNA forums and with the news breaking, people over there are not happy with this and a lot are saying adios to RDNA..

Well if they do come over would anyone like to guess whether they would join the anti or pro DRM contingent here?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    DanaTA said:

Looks like the Deep Freeze is already gone.

I just checked and noticed that all the Deep Freeze items that are in my wishlist are up to higher prices.  Sad.  The newsletter that was sent said that nothing changed.  I wouldn't call that nothing.   sad

Dana

Rats! I wish they had let us know ahead that they were closing Deep Freeze so we could have a chance to buy them  at the lower price.

You and me both ...

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited February 2016

I checked out their site and found a serious omision.

It is very easy to find all legal documentation stating all the rights and protections and responcibilities

of the sellers.

as far as I can tell, I could buy a model..use it and end up in court being sued. For copyright infringement.

If you mean the RDNA EULA, it's listed at the bottom of their pages listed as Content Licence, and it's also here: http://www.runtimedna.com/Content_License.html

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,120
    edited February 2016

will we be able to use or PC+ Monthly Coupons over there or still only use them here?

I would assume they are only usable here, but given content is said to be migrating over here you should have items to use it on as that happens :)

Edited to clarify.

Post edited by Daz Jack Tomalin on
  • I checked out their site and found a serious omision.

of the sellers.

If you mean the RDNA EULA, it's listed at the bottom of their pages listed as Content Licence, and it's also here: http://www.runtimedna.com/Content_License.html

Is also included with every product

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342

Hi Syyd!!

Wow. Welcome!

It'll take a while to digest this but my initial reaction is so positive!!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

will we be able to use or PC+ Monthly Coupons over there or still only use them here?

I would assume they are only usable here, but given everything is migrating over here you should be ok :)

Do you know for sure everything is migrating? Like older Koshini content, content for Pauline and so on?

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,120
    edited February 2016
    Kerya said:

I would assume they are only usable here, but given everything is migrating over here you should be ok :)

Do you know for sure everything is migrating? Like older Koshini content, content for Pauline and so on?

I was going on what Steve said.. so don't take anything I say as literal, 100% fact...

We are working to link up customer accounts between the two sites, and as we migrate products over they will be added to your account here at Daz.

I just trying to address the comment made about the PC coupons.  I've edited the post to clarify.

Post edited by Daz Jack Tomalin on
  • Great news guys! And not too surprising considering the landscape at the moment. Wish you the best and can't wait to see what new products will be released :D

• Lol what a coincidence.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

I'm especially curious about RTEncoded stuff like Melody, which I've always wished could be easier to install...  I don't have a large number of purchases from RuntimeDNA, but amusingly about half of them are from when Aeon Soul left there...for here. O_o¡  Those'll be particularly interesting to see show up, if they do.

I do also have Melody for A3, and Capsces fox and wolf for her...and if I could get anything converted over so it was easier to install and work, it'd be those two items.  It makes for an EXCELLENT 'toon-ish fox!

--  Morgan

• father1776father1776 Posts: 982
    edited February 2016

It would be better if it was listed under the drop down category support, right under copyright policy and listed as

Content Licence

Where all the other legal stuff is.....

ok, off my soap box

Post edited by father1776 on
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,312
    Havos said:
    Whilst I see many positives in this move, it does make the DAZ marketplace a step closer to a monopoly in DS/Poser products, which is obvious not a great thing.

I agree: Though there might be certain positive aspects, it means more concentration of the market. I don't see the benefit in a reduction of competition, and of choice for the customer.