Serial code not valid? (solved)

lili2997lili2997 Posts: 0
edited October 2012 in New Users

This is probably a stupid question, but Daz doesnt seem to be accepting my serial code. I got the code after downloading, and put it in multiple times. Even copied and pasted it in. But no matter what it always tells me DAZ studio requires a valid serial number. I made a new account, got a new serial code, and it still wont work. What am I doing wrong?

Post edited by DAZ_bfurner on

Comments

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

lili2997 said:
    This is probably a stupid question, but Daz doesnt seem to be accepting my serial code. I got the code after downloading, and put it in multiple times. Even copied and pasted it in. But no matter what it always tells me DAZ studio requires a valid serial number. I made a new account, got a new serial code, and it still wont work. What am I doing wrong?

Which version of DAZ Studio are you using? 4.5.0.114?

What Operating System are you using? PC Mac, and which version?

• lili2997lili2997 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I downloaded the current one, 4.5 I believe. And I'm on a Max OS X 10.6.8

edited December 1969

lili2997 said:
    I downloaded the current one, 4.5 I believe. And I'm on a Max OS X 10.6.8

Ok, so I was able to look into your account and test the SN in my session of DAZ Studio 4.5.

Here is what I did. If you are doing this exact thing let me know.
    * Open DAZ Studio 4.5
    * Select the pull down menu "Help"
    * Register DAZ Studio...
    * The registration window will open "Thank you fro registering DAZ Studio 4 Pro!
    * In the Serial Number area, paste in your SN, if the yellow/orange check shows up to the right it is valid.

Is that what you are doing?

• lili2997lili2997 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Oooh ok, I just noticed I have Daz studio 3, and I think my code if for 4.5... I'll see if it works once I get the current version.

edited December 1969

lili2997 said:
    Oooh ok, I just noticed I have Daz studio 3, and I think my code if for 4.5... I'll see if it works once I get the current version.

Yep, a DAZ Studio 4.5 serial number won't work on version 3. Good catch!

• DrowElfMorwenDrowElfMorwen Posts: 536
    edited December 1969

I just got a brand new computer and trying to install DAZ Studio 3 on it... but I am getting the same error; the serial number is not being accepted. Please help! I am getting it straight from "My Serial Numbers" in my account but not working, even when copying/pasting!

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited September 2012

The most common error used to be adding an extra space at the beginning or end of the serial number. DS3 always had a free version anyway, which should run as far as I know. If you bought the Advanced version, make sure that you are entering the correct serial number for that version.

What version of DS3 is it, the last one was 3.1.2.32

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited September 2012

Okay it seems I have a serial for 3.1.2.24
    mine is.... 3.1.2.32

which I cannot seem to find a serial for :(

Post edited by DrowElfMorwen on
    edited December 1969

I have never heard of seperate serial numbers for each point version, but if they do exist, then when you reset your download for DS3, you should have got another serial in your My Account area. Is that what you did?

If so, then you will need to contact Support for a serial number I think.

edited December 1969

I didn't do that, no.. but I will look more into it. Either way, nothing is working, even if I try to find a serial off site. It's the same.

edited December 1969

Reset your download from your Itemised Order History, and if another serial number is required, then it will be put into your Avaialble Serial Numbers automatically. DS3 is no longer available to buy as far as I know, so getting it though the DAZ 3D website is the way to go.

You didn't say if you bought the Advance version or not? If not, it is not free, and any serial you get will only run the basic version.

edited September 2012

I guess it must be basic. I will try to find it. I was only able to find DS4 in my itemized history, even when the date went back to 2007.... I will try again.

Thank you for all your help.

edit: Yea, I see DAZ Studio 4 every time I reset a download for "DAZ Studio Registration", which I see 3 of them, all with different dates, but it will not give me DS3... ugh. I don't want DS4, how annoying >.>

Post edited by DrowElfMorwen on
  • WolfieWolfie Posts: 39
    edited October 2012

I am having an issue with D|S 4.5 I downloaded the version from the D|S site. I read the included PDF that says in order to get a serial key, you need to get the upgrade from Daz, which is currently free:
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/daz-studio-4-pro

I have done this twice now, and both times the order shows as complete, but when I visit my serial numbers page in my account, I only have the serial for D|S4, not 4.5 Pro. Not only that, I haven't received an email confirmation either for the orders I placed.

I also took a shot in the dark, and added the D|S 4.5 Pro Beta to my cart, checked out, and same thing happens. No confirmation, no serial.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
    ~Wolfie~

Post edited by Wolfie on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

The serial number is in the readme that comes in the zip.

edited December 1969

But there was no read me in the zip file.

Zip file "DAZ-Studio-Windows-64-bit.zip" contains:

.DS_Store
    14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.3_trx.exe
    DAZStudio_4.5.0.114_Win64.exe
    Install-Guide-Windows.pdf

~Wolfie~

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Have you chaecked for the serial number in Your serial numbers on the account dashboard ?

edited October 2012

Yes, I did.. which is why I am confused. Maybe I am missing something, a step or? I am not sure.
    But I only have my serial for D|S 4 Pro, not D|S 4.5.

*Edit* Ok, all the downloads are now available, but the serial is still MIA. Unless these are the zip files which Frank0314 was talking about in a previous post? I downloaded the zip file from the Daz main page, not through my Downloads, since it wasn't there after check out. Does that make sense? :-)

Gonna download the zip file this way and see if it's there.. Hmm.. these are exe's tho. Now I am confused. lol!!!

~Wolfie~

Post edited by Wolfie on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

In available downloads you will see that the zip files are for the Mac platform. THe exe are for PC. If you still do not see a serial number in your available serial numbers then please file a support ticket with sales dept, using the zendesk system, from the Help button at the top, and then contact us. frpom the dropdown.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    In available downloads you will see that the zip files are for the Mac platform. THe exe are for PC. If you still do not see a serial number in your available serial numbers then please file a support ticket with sales dept, using the zendesk system, from the Help button at the top, and then contact us. frpom the dropdown.

They are there now. Took a couple hours, but there they are. :-)
    Thanks for the help!

~Wolfie~