TangoAlpha's Coming Soon Thread [Commercial]

Comments

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

Nice!  Will be watching for this!

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,695

aaand a Carrara render. . . wink

March Madness or DAZ-soon ?

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Not March Madness - it isn't submitted yet, although it's close.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

Can't wait.  I am working on a scene for my storybook that includes kit-bashing of your Tangy Apple Orchard, Jackson's Fields, End of Tracks, and other Carrara artists' props and things to bring it together. I now feel for Sci-Fi Funk when he said it took two years to build his apocalyptic London city.  It's taking me months to build a simple rural English scene with just a few buildings.

yes  Silene

Soon . . . very soon . . . smiley 100% Carrara Native . . . 

A 360-degree render: https://360player.io/p/d9cAnV/

Awesome !!! yes

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,078

Awesome !!! yes

+1

Can't wait!  yes  Silene

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,801

link not working on any of my browsers cool

link not working on any of my browsers cool

Was working in Firefox - now getting a timeout error

Awesome !!! yes

Bought !!!!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,141

And when I buy it, do I get a free cake?

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,223

yes Absolutely gorgeous! 

Got it... hope to work with it next week!   yes  Silene

Versatility!  In addition to full scene, product page says lots of plant props centered at zero.  Two enthusiastic thumbs up.  Great job, TangoAlpha.

Must quibble.  Carrara files.  Set DIM to install in my place to install Carrara files.  See screenshot.  But I can't find your scene.  DIM's "show installed files" option says all sorts of wacky things, like creating a Daz Store directory in a Carrara appdir_commons area.  ?????????????

aaaaaaa DIM setting for carrara.JPG
    559 x 540 - 69K
    aaaaaaaaa where did they put tang alphas set.JPG
    569 x 234 - 64K
    edited April 2019

Versatility!  In addition to full scene, product page says lots of plant props centered at zero.  Two enthusiastic thumbs up.  Great job, TangoAlpha.

Must quibble.  Carrara files.  Set DIM to install in my place to install Carrara files.  See screenshot.  But I can't find your scene.  DIM's "show installed files" option says all sorts of wacky things, like creating a Daz Store directory in a Carrara appdir_commons area.  ?????????????

Found it.  The installation created another Carrara folder inside my Carrara 8.5 folder, then installed the subdirectories there.  Will get it sorted out.  yesyes

EDIT:  May I add that the release timing worked well for me.  It triggered sale prices for a couple props that I always thought were interesting.  Realize that PAs have no control over that sort of thing, but it is nice when sales line up with my interests.

Post edited by Diomede on
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,191

Wow, first new Carrara item since the Dodgers were in Brooklyn (codger reference), looks good, in my cart.  Nice 3D viewer, can go straight up or down, I recall the old Quicktime viewer would not do that (another codger reference). 

Found it.  The installation created another Carrara folder inside my Carrara 8.5 folder, then installed the subdirectories there.  Will get it sorted out.  yesyes

EDIT:  May I add that the release timing worked well for me.  It triggered sale prices for a couple props that I always thought were interesting.  Realize that PAs have no control over that sort of thing, but it is nice when sales line up with my interests.

Hmm. The files I submitted were correctly set up. I guess they get so few Carrara sets they don't quite know what to do. I'll raise an update when I get the chance.

Yeah we have no control over the dates - I only found out myself a few days ago.

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

TA, terrific name, terrific product!

I'm doing taxes this weekend, and not in the mood to spend.  But I'm wavering :)

Thank UB. Waver away wink

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

Wonderful set!  Thanks for making this for both DS and Carrara!  Grabbed it immediately.

Now if it only came with a big box of spare time....my small bargain-basement Carrara RenderFarm (14 six-core Westmere CPUs) nears completion.

I quit wavering and got it. :)

I haven't downloaded it yet.  Most of my Carrara products are still on Daz servers, as I have a really tiny drive where my Carrara products go.  How much space does Soggy Bottom take up in the hard drive?

I quit wavering and got it. :)

I haven't downloaded it yet.  Most of my Carrara products are still on Daz servers, as I have a really tiny drive where my Carrara products go.  How much space does Soggy Bottom take up in the hard drive?

Size of the zipped file is 44004 KB, size in my Scenes folder is 18373 KB, size in my Textures folder is 35.7 MB

Thanks Bunyip!  I'm guessing that the total size is less than 100MB.  That should work.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

did you have sets with modeled leaves?  instead of transmaps?

edited April 2019

44MB for the zip, roughly 60MB uncompressed (22MB for the .car and leaf presets, 38MB for the textures). This is a lot smaller than the DS version, thanks to tree and terrain primitives etc.

All the tree leaves are modelled, although quite low poly (about 15 polys per leaf). Some of the other plants have transmaps.

Post edited by TangoAlpha on

TA, thanks.  I'm guessing that you meant 80 MB uncompressed.smiley  Still well within my constraints.

You the man!

edited April 2019

Nope, 60MB. I mistyped the textures value! (now fixed) blush

The DS version is 812MB uncompressed!! (still with 38MB of textures)

Post edited by TangoAlpha on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,223

44MB for the zip, roughly 60MB uncompressed (22MB for the .car and leaf presets, 38MB for the textures). This is a lot smaller than the DS version, thanks to tree and terrain primitives etc.

All the tree leaves are modelled, although quite low poly (about 15 polys per leaf). Some of the other plants have transmaps.

I love that you do that!

In case I haven't mentioned this before... I really love your work, TA! Very nicely done... All of it! Every product - through and through!