Coming soon: Mesh Grabber 4.0 [Commercial]

https://youtu.be/Lr5uEgesPnc

I have submitted Mesh Grabber 4.0 to Daz today. The above video shows everything that will be new!

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,372

Wow, it adds so much! It looks really useful.

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817
    I saw also a new dforce companion version in your video from March 7. So you also updated that? I love the video and it looks awesome. I love to adjust glutes, so I use much glute morphs, with the new scale tool should that be much easier. I asked it at the video, but I ask now also here: Did you find a way to fix the rotation exploding bug,when rotating a object twice? In v3 did I simply made a morph after each rotation and then loaded all morphs to make it into one.
  • FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,922

VERY cool! I'm waiting eagerly for this. I love Mesh Grabber because it's so handy and so easy to use. The new version will be a dream!!

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,958

Oh, please tell me this will work on DS 4.21

• ManFridayManFriday Posts: 559

Loony said:

I saw also a new dforce companion version in your video from March 7. So you also updated that? I love the video and it looks awesome. I love to adjust glutes, so I use much glute morphs, with the new scale tool should that be much easier. I asked it at the video, but I ask now also here: Did you find a way to fix the rotation exploding bug,when rotating a object twice? In v3 did I simply made a morph after each rotation and then loaded all morphs to make it into one.

I probably fixed that at one point, at least I haven't seen the problem in a long time. If it's still there in 4.0, please remind me to fix it.

• ManFridayManFriday Posts: 559

SimonJM said:

Yes, but no Daz Studio versions before 4.21. It uses new Daz Studio features and relies on those being present.

ManFriday said:

SimonJM said:

Yes, but no Daz Studio versions before 4.21. It uses new Daz Studio features and relies on those being present.

Oh no! I still have a old Daz, not even able to use G9. I hate to update, it's not so easy for me, if it would be easy like Gimp. I would do it more often. I don't even remember how to prepare my daz3d for a update to do it correct :( And good to hear, that you could fix the rotation bug, so I can save my time to cut my video tutorial about the solution with 3.0
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,958

ManFriday said:

SimonJM said:

Ok, phew! I qm 'stuck' on WIndows 7 so cannot update Daz Studio sad 

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,838

Ohhhh, finally. Looks like, we're getting closer to Poser's MorphBrush.
    This update 4 is a dream come true. I'm all exited here.
    Great work Thank you.

SimonJM said:

ManFriday said:

SimonJM said:

That's very bad, because Win7 doesn't get security updates since years. And you are connected to the Internet, so you risk your own security. Win 10 is free for win 7 users.

Ohhhh, finally. Looks like, we're getting closer to Poser's MorphBrush.
    This update 4 is a dream come true. I'm all exited here.
    Great work Thank you.

I hope one day meshgrabber will become a real "grabber". I love the hand tool in Marvelous Designer, you can so nice drag on clothes. I saw it often in Videos.
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,189

Loony said:

SimonJM said:

ManFriday said:

SimonJM said:

That's very bad, because Win7 doesn't get security updates since years. And you are connected to the Internet, so you risk your own security. Win 10 is free for win 7 users.

Like SimonJM I'm also stuck on Win7 - in my case I have lots of old software and hardware that is not compatible with later versions of Windows, so I have no desire to upgrade Win version. My PC does not connect to the internet, and I scan any drives I attach on a newer PC. (The laptop I'm typing this on is Win11 and the one I now use for internet - it's not strong enough to do DS on it.)

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,148

Take my money!!! LOL laugh

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,849

I can see so many uses for 4.0 and a reduction in my frustration levels.

I will buy on first day.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,023

Yes, version 4 looks really great.

If we only could get some clever UV mapper for any meshes in Daz Studio.

That would be a real game changer.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,502

i use the older version a TON... like all the time. This will be a definite no-brainer. 

MelanieL said:

Loony said:

SimonJM said:

ManFriday said:

SimonJM said:

Like SimonJM I'm also stuck on Win7 - in my case I have lots of old software and hardware that is not compatible with later versions of Windows, so I have no desire to upgrade Win version. My PC does not connect to the internet, and I scan any drives I attach on a newer PC. (The laptop I'm typing this on is Win11 and the one I now use for internet - it's not strong enough to do DS on it.)

If your computer can't handle Win 10 (should have min 8gb ram) then, how do you use Daz3d?
  • kprkpr Posts: 69

Sculpt looks particularly fantastic, and fantastically useful.

Another brilliant toolset to go with the existing. Really well done, MF. smiley

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,189
    edited May 12

Loony said:

MelanieL said:

If your computer can't handle Win 10 (should have min 8gb ram) then, how do you use Daz3d?

It's not that the hardware wouldn't support Win 10 (I have 32 GB RAM) and DS 4.21.0.5 runs quite acceptably (although I can only CPU-render all but the simplest of scenes with my 2GB VRAM graphics card).

Like I said, I have a lot of hardware that I still use - printers, scanners - that have no installers and drivers that work beyond Win7 - they are old but still work so I object to throwing them away. I also use some software which only runs on OS up to Win7 (I even use some bought  for a Win98 PC and it can barely be run on Win7) - I don't want to upgrade to a later version either for cost reasons or in some cases because they are no longer available.

ETA: Apologies to Man Friday for digressing from the main thrust of this thread. I would like to add that Ver4.0 looks like a great development and I look forward to using it.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,826

This is great news! Looking forward to using the new version as the current one is quite valuable.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,496

This looks so, so good! I'm always having trouble with handling the gizmo correctly, I LOVE the addition of the sculpting tool! Can't wait to see it in the store. Thank you for updating!

• Mart1n71Mart1n71 Posts: 127

This looks like such a great update. Will I be able to save any edits to strand based hair as a morph? Something I think is currently a PA only tool.

tsroemi said:

This looks so, so good! I'm always having trouble with handling the gizmo correctly, I LOVE the addition of the sculpting tool! Can't wait to see it in the store. Thank you for updating!

Really? I never head problems using meshgrabber, it was always very handy :)
    Mart1n71 said:

This looks like such a great update. Will I be able to save any edits to strand based hair as a morph? Something I think is currently a PA only tool.

When you can edit it, this should be possible. Btw. @MF why is it still not released? Does Daz3d plan to include it into a bigger announcement or are you still working on it?
  • ElorElor Posts: 806

What was shown looks useful smiley

A couple of questions:

• Will the tools added by the current version addons be included with Mesh Grabber 4 or will the addons still be required ?
    • Are the changes created with the new version compatible with the current version ? I'm asking because I currently only have Mesh Grabber for Mac but I'm also using a Windows machine and I'm thinking about buying the new version for Windows initially, to get Mesh Grabber here too (right now, I'm using the saving morphs function to get the changes to the Windows machine).

Loony said:

tsroemi said:

Really? I never head problems using meshgrabber, it was always very handy :)

Thing is, I often try to make changes to clothes where there are two or more layers of mesh on top of each other - as in the lapels of a jacket, say, laying in top of the mesh of the jacket chest. Because the gizmo has this spheroid form and general zone of influence, I almost always snag the second mesh layer as well if I want to work with just one of them. And since they are the same object and (often) material zone, I cannot exclude it from being affected. The sculpting tool will fix this for me I think! 

"Thing is, I often try to make changes to clothes where there are two or more layers of mesh on top of each other - as in the lapels of a jacket, say, laying in top of the mesh of the jacket chest." Ohh, I solve that very often and easily, I made a video for that, but didn't finished it to release it. You NEED to combine meshgrabber with the geoeditor. I made hotkeys for both ctrl+G = geo, ctrl+M = Mesh. I switch often between both, both uses the same selection. You can select better with the geo editor, then switch back to meshgrabber and start moving it. If you want to move layers who are on each other use first a falloff radius of 0, then after you moved it slightly away, ho to 0.5 The further you get away, the more can you increase the impact of the falloff radius. It's important to go out of the selection to change the impact radius, so just jump between geo and mesh and you can adjust it, without loosing the selection. Also I geo can you create regions and save it with right click "assign selection to group " or something similar, I had the name in my mind, but just lost it (I have a very bad brain), I write all from my phone on the couch :D I think it was selection group. Assign selected to selection group, this won't have impact on the mesh or the surfaces, so you can adjust and delete the selection group as much as you want.

Loony said:

"Thing is, I often try to make changes to clothes where there are two or more layers of mesh on top of each other - as in the lapels of a jacket, say, laying in top of the mesh of the jacket chest." Ohh, I solve that very often and easily, I made a video for that, but didn't finished it to release it. You NEED to combine meshgrabber with the geoeditor. I made hotkeys for both ctrl+G = geo, ctrl+M = Mesh. I switch often between both, both uses the same selection. You can select better with the geo editor, then switch back to meshgrabber and start moving it. If you want to move layers who are on each other use first a falloff radius of 0, then after you moved it slightly away, ho to 0.5 The further you get away, the more can you increase the impact of the falloff radius. It's important to go out of the selection to change the impact radius, so just jump between geo and mesh and you can adjust it, without loosing the selection. Also I geo can you create regions and save it with right click "assign selection to group " or something similar, I had the name in my mind, but just lost it (I have a very bad brain), I write all from my phone on the couch :D I think it was selection group. Assign selected to selection group, this won't have impact on the mesh or the surfaces, so you can adjust and delete the selection group as much as you want.

Thank you Loony, I kind of forgot all about the selection groups it seems!  Yes, I can definitely try that. The other way - first falloff zero, and then moving one layer away and such - doesn't work very well because I usually want to make just tiny adjustments, and these big movements tend to mess up the whole mesh in the area. But the selection groups will be very helpful, of course! Doh me ... blush

If you go to a radius of 0, nothing should break, it's not very smooth, but it does work. And after moving a bit away, you can work with 0.5 radius a bit smoother. Next tip is, use ALWAYS the mode "linear" it's much smoother than the mode "smooth".
  • kirbawirbakirbawirba Posts: 123

Insta-buy