Royal Eastern Dragon 2 [commercial]

RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,798

Royal Eastern 2 for Dragon 3

https://www.daz3d.com/royal-eastern-2-for-dragon-3

The Royal Eastern Dragon 2 is a new and fresh take on the classical Eastern Dragon.

Beautifully sculpted with texture presets that can turn this Beast from the East from a lifelike monster to a sculpture made from several different materials. Let wonder and magic soar with this mythical fantasy dragon.

This set was designed with ultra-realistic Iray Shader techniques. The High Definition morphs, and High Quality textures and dForce hair really bring this character to life for your renders.

 

What's Included and Features

  • Royal Eastern 2 for Dragon 3: (.DUF)
    • One Royal Eastern 2 Character Preset
    • One Royal Eastern 2 Shaping Preset
    • One Royal Eastern 2 Pose Preset
  • Material Options:
    • Eight Full Skin Mats
    • Two Eye Material Presets
    • Six Dragon Ball Material Presets
    • Nine dForce Hair Material Presets
  • Attachments:
    • One Royal Eastern 2 dHair Attachment
    • One Royal Eastern 2 Tendril Attachment with 20 Pose Control Dials
    • One Dragon Ball Prop

«13

Comments

  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,085

    Ooooh nice! yes

  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,353

    This dragon looks wonderful! heart

  • RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,798

    Thanx....So glad you like

    I am pretty proud of it

  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,163

    Goodness me. What an improvement on the original Eastern Dragon (https://www.daz3d.com/eastern-dragon) that I got in 2008.

    I wish there were more calls for images of pet dragons walking down the path.. wink

    Regards,

    Richard

  • RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,798

    Thanx Richard...but that was not my original one...this was https://www.daz3d.com/royal-eastern-the-asian-dragon

     

  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,163

    I seem to have been digging deeper into the past than expected.  My apologies.

    Regards,

    Richard

  • RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,798

    Its all cool...I totally forgot about that old daz one. I am sure i had it in my library back then

  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,800

    I am just now looking at the store and @RawArt you came through for me! Thank you from a Dragon Year person for this guy. I have both of the others btw. You can never have too many Dragons.

    Mary

  • NathraiNathrai Posts: 52

    Okay, my wallet is wailing in pain, but I just have to ask: Would this version be compatible with the old maps?

    I love the more stylised scales on the old one (and have already spent days editing them to my own needs), but the new face details and tendrils are mighty fine, and getting rid of the convoluted LAMH workflow would heavily speed up my process ... crying

  • RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,798

    Nathrai said:

    Okay, my wallet is wailing in pain, but I just have to ask: Would this version be compatible with the old maps?

    This is a complete remake, so the scales on the old will not line up with the new one, and the facial tendrils are a totally new mesh as well.

    So the answer is not really....only so much as that they are both Dragon 3

     

  • NathraiNathrai Posts: 52

    Thanks for the quick reply!

    That's a shame, but I guess I'll just have to decide whether I'm up to the challenge of redoing the maps. The new details are just way too compelling ...

  • QuixotryQuixotry Posts: 907

    That is a gorgeous dragon, RawArt. I've enjoyed your older version for years. Going to need to make a new dragon dance render for this one. Here's one with your older dragon.

    She Dances With Dragons.jpg
    618 x 800 - 603K
  • TesseractSpaceTesseractSpace Posts: 1,173

    Just got this one. Looks amazing, love the sculpture materials for it.

  • NathraiNathrai Posts: 52

    That actually worked better than expected ... applying the character to the old version kept the old UVs. It will take a bit of work to get the tendrils to work with the custom head shape, but all in all it almost works out of the box ... yes

    And I absolutely ADORE the new HD morphs and the hair. Great addition to the dragon family! heart

    (Next up: adding the old scales to the fabulous sculpture materials)

    Bild_2024-05-03_021401286.png
    769 x 575 - 713K
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,956

    Thanks, I waited long for a newer take on the Eastern Dragon.

  • JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,879

    heartOMG! I love him!!! heart

    ...but I don't have the Dragon 3 nor the Dragon 3 morphs... 

    And I can't afford $70 right now (which is the price with Daz+ discounts) indecision

    BUT HE DOES LOOK AMAZING! heart So, I had to come in and say so.smiley

     

  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,296

    JasmineSkunk said:

    heartOMG! I love him!!! heart

    ...but I don't have the Dragon 3 nor the Dragon 3 morphs... 

    And I can't afford $70 right now (which is the price with Daz+ discounts) indecision

    BUT HE DOES LOOK AMAZING! heart So, I had to come in and say so.smiley

    Bafflingly, the DO bundles you can get 70% off if you buy the Ankylosaurus bundle does not include the Dragon 3 bundle. Just for goofs, I put together the cheapest cart I could that would trigger maximum discounts and include Dragon 3 and this add-on. I don't know how compromised this dragon would be without the morphs, but you could add them on and still be around the $70 for everything, especially if Dragon 3 and/or the morphs were already in your wishlist.

     

    dragoncart.PNG
    1322 x 655 - 160K
  • RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,798

    I am so glad he is being well recieved....and it is great to see the renders!

  • Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,454

    I am SO HAPPY to see this dragon!  It looks amazing, and the hair is a great add on, very well done and very needed.  My only complaint is that I would love even more for it!  I would buy an add on for more scale textures (bright colors like red and blue!) and/or poses specifically for it, since the body shape is (perfectly) very different and it's a little difficult to find dragon poses that work for it.  But trust me, I am very excited to have it just as it is, it's a real work of art!  Thank you so much for making this, RawArt, fantastic job as always ^_^ 

  • RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,798

    Fae3D said:

    I am SO HAPPY to see this dragon!  It looks amazing, and the hair is a great add on, very well done and very needed.  My only complaint is that I would love even more for it!  I would buy an add on for more scale textures (bright colors like red and blue!) and/or poses specifically for it, since the body shape is (perfectly) very different and it's a little difficult to find dragon poses that work for it.  But trust me, I am very excited to have it just as it is, it's a real work of art!  Thank you so much for making this, RawArt, fantastic job as always ^_^ 

    yeah...that was my problem when making it....I was stuck in the "I could do this, and I could do that, etc." cycle. I eventually had to stop somewhere. An expansion texture set may not be a bad idea though.

     

  • RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,798

    So for an expansion set...you guys liked the colours that were in the old set?

    Anything else?

    (I got a bunch of ideas, but may as well take some requests)

     

  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,956

    RawArt said:

    So for an expansion set...you guys liked the colours that were in the old set?

    Anything else?

    (I got a bunch of ideas, but may as well take some requests)

     

    I would love a update of the old textures to this eastern dragon with proper shader material properties.

  • butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,134

    Maybe something like this?

    red and yellow dragon

    But an update of the old textures would be great, too. II'll probably buy whatever add-on ends up happening. smiley

  • RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,798
    edited May 5

    nonesuch00 said:

    RawArt said:

    So for an expansion set...you guys liked the colours that were in the old set?

    Anything else?

    (I got a bunch of ideas, but may as well take some requests)

     

    I would love a update of the old textures to this eastern dragon with proper shader material properties.

    the older textures wont match, sorry...it is a totally new morph, so nothing lines up.

    everything is going to to have to be made new and fresh

     

    Post edited by RawArt on
  • Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,454

    I would love to see red, blue, purple and white - the white would be the most important, because if you did white, then we could customize it to any color we needed.  Any time there is a texture expansion pack for anything, I am much, much more likely to buy if it has a white option.  I love the huge variety of materials that the first Royal Eastern came with, making different color combos was brilliant!  I still use those textures pretty frequently, even if they don't line up perfectly on different shapes, they still look great with a little tweaking to work with Iray.

  • TesseractSpaceTesseractSpace Posts: 1,173

    I know this is unlikely, but I'd like to see one with some kind of gold inlay. 

  • NathraiNathrai Posts: 52

    Of course I would also love to see some kind of large scales return... laugh

    (To me it's just part of what makes an Eastern dragon an Eastern dragon - and I'm still too busy to try and mix the fabulous new shaders with the old displacement maps.)

  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,956

    RawArt said:

    nonesuch00 said:

    RawArt said:

    So for an expansion set...you guys liked the colours that were in the old set?

    Anything else?

    (I got a bunch of ideas, but may as well take some requests)

     

    I would love a update of the old textures to this eastern dragon with proper shader material properties.

    the older textures wont match, sorry...it is a totally new morph, so nothing lines up.

    everything is going to to have to be made new and fresh

     

    Oh, I thought it would be possible to paint something that was very similar. Also the example image is good too from above.

  • RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,798

    FYI the scales are modelled in, so they wont change.

    But colourful version, a white version, and some other creative ideas in the back of my head are all doable

  • OrangeFalconOrangeFalcon Posts: 44
    edited May 6

    I love this dragon and grabbed it at a discount with the dino discount!  Great job, RawArt!

    Post edited by OrangeFalcon on
Sign In or Register to comment.