"I've become addicted to TV" September Freebie Challenge

Comments

• ShanarahShanarah Posts: 94
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

I don't think we count Limited time freebies of this sort. They would be now counted as paid for, even though you got them free. It is a difficult thing to call, but genuine freebies, which have alwasys been free, but for whatever reason you cannot find links for now, do count as "not counted" freebies.

The rules actually say that freebies have to be available for the entire month that the contest is running. DAZ 3D freebies are the only exception, and I should clarify what the rules say about them. You can use, in the September Challenge, any of the weekly freebies that are released in Spetember. This is because DAZ 3D sponsors this contest, making it an Official COntest.

Sorry if my previous post was a bit misleading.

Thanks chohole. I wanted to have that clarified before I posted my entry. :)

edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    So not to get off topic.... but We were taking a walk last night around a couple of hours before sunset, just out of our house and down the street on a dirt road, about a mile total if we go to the end of the street and back. Now I have seen bear poop in my front yard, and heard that a bear has tried to get into my neighbor's back yards, and I have seen bear poop on the road where we take our walk, fresh almost ever time as well as coyote poop too, the hubby has even ran across a coyote pack once when he went alone. But last night was a first for me, first we saw a tree on the way out that had been seriously marked by a bear, a big one, and just been done, we got to the end of the road and turned around after doing our usual see how many fresh poops we could count, as we were walking back I heard a crunch of a branch and a rustle in the bush nearby. Further down we saw the biggest pile of bear poop I had ever seen, and it was VERY fresh. We continued on and started picking some blackberries, just as we had stopped we heard a loud ROAR and I personally high stepped it outa there, my husband laughing all the way. I guess living at the foothills of the mountains really means having wild animals near. I have seen my share of deer but that bear scared the crap out of me.

That is scary, Jeeperz. Glad you got out of there quick. We once had a bear rooting through our garbage can about 6ft from our back door. It dragged the can partway up the mountain and made a huge mess. Our dog was going nuts, she wanted to get out there and chase it.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    So not to get off topic.... but We were taking a walk last night around a couple of hours before sunset, just out of our house and down the street on a dirt road, about a mile total if we go to the end of the street and back. Now I have seen bear poop in my front yard, and heard that a bear has tried to get into my neighbor's back yards, and I have seen bear poop on the road where we take our walk, fresh almost ever time as well as coyote poop too, the hubby has even ran across a coyote pack once when he went alone. But last night was a first for me, first we saw a tree on the way out that had been seriously marked by a bear, a big one, and just been done, we got to the end of the road and turned around after doing our usual see how many fresh poops we could count, as we were walking back I heard a crunch of a branch and a rustle in the bush nearby. Further down we saw the biggest pile of bear poop I had ever seen, and it was VERY fresh. We continued on and started picking some blackberries, just as we had stopped we heard a loud ROAR and I personally high stepped it outa there, my husband laughing all the way. I guess living at the foothills of the mountains really means having wild animals near. I have seen my share of deer but that bear scared the crap out of me.

If something like that ever happens while you're out walking with your husband again, remember that you don't have to outrun the bear - you only have to outrun your husband.
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    jeeperz said:

If something like that ever happens while you're out walking with your husband again, remember that you don't have to outrun the bear - you only have to outrun your husband.

LOL

Me I am just happy that we don't have bears in these here mountains. About the wildest thing we come across would be a mountain pony stallion feeling a bit frisky, even the sheep are well behaved. Ask Chris (the Bryster) about welsh sheep, they have even more in his mountains than we do in ours. (that's for tjohn, btw, the rest of you won't know Chris).
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Me I am just happy that we don't have bears in these here mountains. About the wildest thing we come across would be a mountain pony stallion feeling a bit frisky, even the sheep are well behaved. Ask Chris (the Bryster) about welsh sheep, they have even more in his mountains than we do in ours. (that's for tjohn, btw, the rest of you won't know Chris).

Why would someone from Cydonia, Mars know anything about welsh sheep? I thought they were only interested in Earth cattle and making crop circles?

:lol:

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Thanks all. Now I'll decide on my TV show, and nab an appropriate PhilC item and seven more freebies to be determined. If I don't get lazy. Or forget...what was I saying?

:roll:

A suggestion, from experience: Grab a few extra freebies.

For my second-ever Freebie Challenge entry, I downloaded all eight of the freebies I wanted to use, took two days to get the render just right, and posted the image... only to learn that one of the freebies was no longer available. I had to re-do the image with an flower vase in the corner of the room for it to count.

Don't make my mistake. Grab more than you need, but use everything you grab.

edited September 2012

Dollygirl said:
    Title: Would'ja be wantin' some coffee now, Rowdy?

Software: DAZ Studio 4.5.
    Postwork: Add signature only.

This render is based upon my very first memory of TV. Can you guess what show it was? They were in their first season.

Wasn't the show's theme song covered by the Blues Brothers in their first movie?

Keep movin', movin', movin',
    Though they're disapprovin',
    Keep them doggies movin' ...

Freebies:

Chuckwagon: Base Chuck Wagon by Helmut Schaub. 3DS model Requires PoseRay to convert to object format
    Chuckwagon: Dishes Ladle 3D Model by Wagner Otto.
    Chuckwagon: Dishes Coffee Pot LD by Fisty.
    Chuckwagon: Dishes Kuhkri Knife by PhilC. Row 22 3rd Column Required Freebie
    Chuckwagon: Dishes Fireplace by Zippys.
    Chuckwagon: Dishes * Frying Pan for Poser by DOA Services.
    Chuckwagon: Dishes * Wooden Crate with Apples by AllenArt.
    Chuckwagon: Food Cookie 3D Model by Tami Rino.
    Chuckwagon: Food: Flour Bags * Toon Burlap Sack by 3D Universe.
    Chuckwagon: Food: Lard * Rusty Barrel by Wsupatoi.
    Chuckwagon: Food: Roasted Chicken * Turkey Fried by Throck.
    Chuckwagon: Light * RDNA Brass Oil Lamp by Traveler.
    Chuckwagon: Tailgate * Chain Works by atoxic.

Environment: Cattle Lyne's Creations Bovine Bonanza by Lyne.
    Environment: Ground Big Rock basement/scenery by Aerysoul. Sixth row down, first column
    Environment: Ground Morphing Ground V. 2 by Porsimo.
    Environment: Ground * Fennja's Stones by Fennja.
    Environment: Ground * Pebbles & Boulders by Spacebones.
    Environment: Lighting InaneGlory's Simple Soft Lighting by InaneGlory.
    Environment: Plant Grass #1 by Drew Costigan.
    Environment: Plant Grass #8 by Drew Costigan.
    Environment: Plant * Clematis and Chestnut for Poser by Free Fashion.
    Environment: Plant * Bushes by Yughues aka Nobiax.
    Environment: Sky * Sky Dome by glaseye.
    Environment: Sky * Skydome Expansion 1 by glaseye.

Rowdy and Wishbone: Clothing * Mountain Blues Boots for M4 by mint3d.
    Rowdy: Clothing DD M4 pants by aoaio. 2nd on the left side
    Rowdy: Clothing Western Bandana M4 by Optitex. 2nd row 3rd item
    Rowdy: Clothing Western Vest M4 by Optitex. 2nd row 2nd item
    Rowdy: Clothing * M4 Hat by Axe Swipe.
    Rowdy: Hair All Back Style by Digital Babes (Kozaburo). Mouse over right side of pick for Download link. 2 item down

Shaders: Chuckwagon * old paint wood by duskbitz.
    Shaders: Chuckwagon * Seamless Rope Texture #38 by HoboBo.
    Shaders: Clothing * J-Tex Tartan for Fabricator by jansilla.
    Shaders: Flour Bags * YuleTide (Victorian Christmas tiles) by teresatyllo.
    Shaders: Flour Bags * Seamless Sack texture #01 by HoboBo.
    Shaders: Metals * Ultimate Shader Pack for DAZ Studio by Georgehaze.

Wishbone: Clothing * Base Scarf for V3 and V4 by Uzilite.
    Wishbone: Clothing * Bowler Hat Smart Prop for Victira 3 by Inception8.
    Wishbone: Clothing * Genesis Jackets by Wilmap.
    Wishbone: Clothing * Genesis Jeans by Wilmap.
    Wishbone: Dishcloth Morphing Tissue Prop by Most Digital Creations. 11th down
    Wishbone: Hair * Genesis Fibermesh Beard by joequick.

No Count:

Rowdy: Bed * Bedroll and Canteen by Travler. RNDA weekly freebie No Longer Available
    Environment: Fire * Camp Fire by Eric VanDycke . RNDA Weekly Freebie No Longer Available
    Chuckwagon: Rifle * Western Firearms by Questor. Old DAZ freebie offerings No Longer Available
    Chuckwagon: Dishes * Dinner Time by DarkSpartan. Day 13. No Longer Available
    Wishbone: Hair * Duke Hair by DAZ 3D SWAM goldtassel. Part of the content sold with DAZ Studio 4.5
    Wishbone: Base * Genesis by DAZ 3D. Part of the content sold with DAZ Studio 4.5
    Rowdy: Base * Michael 4 Morphs++ by DAZ 3D.
    Rowdy: Base * Michael 4 Base by DAZ 3D.

Paid For:

Rowdy: Bed * Western Horse Tack for the Millennium Horse by WillDupre.
    Rowdy: Clothing * M4 Tuxedo by DAZ 3D Ravenhair.

* indicates Registration is required.

All the links check out, and you've got PhilC's Kuhkri Knife.

Post edited by robkelk on
    edited December 1969

Here's my contest entry.
    Ranma 1/2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiW3FFDedk0

I was about to complain about the scene you rendered not being possible, but then I remembered episode 41... so, okay.
  • ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Couldn't think of anything last month so I quietly bowed out. Did think of something here but my inner fanboy is cringing at how bad the textures are. Actually contemplating retexturing it since I didn't use many paid items. Carmen Sandiego and Daz 4.5 starring in...

The Rare Artifact

DEFAULT/UNCOUNTED
    Genesis
    Tankini
    Shader Mixer leather preset

PAID
    SF Multiplicity for Genesis

FREE
    Morphs -- DieTrying's 182 V4 Morphs for Genesis -- http://www.sharecg.com/v/58198/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/DieTryings-182-V4-Morphs-for-Genesis (requires login)
    Trench Coat -- Sickle Trench Coat M4H4 -- http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=60788 (requires login)
    Pants -- Genesis Trousers -- http://www.sharecg.com/v/61927/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Trousers (requires login)
    Skin texture -- Francisca for V4.2 -- http://www.sharecg.com/v/29483/View/11/Poser/Francisca-for-V4.2 (requires login)
    Lipstick, eyes, skin bump map -- Kiko A4 -- http://rendercandy.com/product_info.php/cPath/25/products_id/132
    Hair -- wavy-tresses hair prop for poser -- http://www.sharecg.com/v/3779/View/11/Poser/wavy-tresses-hair-prop-for-poser (requires login)
    Hat -- The Fedora -- http://www.sharecg.com/v/42597/View/11/Poser/The-Fedora (requires login)
    Display Case -- Display Case -- http://www.sharecg.com/v/61457/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Display-Case (requires login)
    Cube Puzzle -- Cube Puzzle -- http://www.philc.net/freestuff_archive.php
    Display case security console -- B Movie C4 Prop -- http://www.sharecg.com/v/56770/View/11/Poser/B-Movie-C4-Prop (requires login)
    Wall -- The Streets - Part 02 -- http://www.sharecg.com/v/41337/View/11/Poser/The-Streets---Part-02 (requires login)
    Floor -- BOLD shiny floor -- http://www.freeposes.net/freebie-archives/191-free-props-for-poser-and-daz

Carmen.jpg
    1263 x 1200 - 117K
    edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:
    Couldn't think of anything last month so I quietly bowed out. Did think of something here but my inner fanboy is cringing at how bad the textures are. Actually contemplating retexturing it since I didn't use many paid items. Carmen Sandiego and Daz 4.5 starring in...

The Rare Artifact

So, this week Carmen steals the only solved "cube puzzle" on Earth? :cheese:

All the links check out, and you've got a PhilC freebie.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

Thank you Krissy!

robkelk said:

Wasn't the show's theme song covered by the Blues Brothers in their first movie?

Keep movin', movin', movin',
    Though they're disapprovin',
    Keep them doggies movin' ...

All the links check out, and you've got PhilC's Kuhkri Knife.

Yes it was! I just loved Frankie Lane's cowboy songs.

Zamuel I remember playing my first Carmen adventure game on my first home PC!

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:

So how big was the pile of "Jeeperz poop" compared to the bear poop? :-)

Kendall

about as much as the bear had... fortunately my husband carries a gun when we hide just for times like this one.

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

This render is based upon my very first memory of TV. Can you guess what show it was? They were in their first season.

Freebies:

Chuckwagon: Base Chuck Wagon by Helmut Schaub. 3DS model Requires PoseRay to convert to object format

Environment: Ground Big Rock basement/scenery by Aerysoul. Sixth row down, first column

Rowdy: Hair All Back Style by Digital Babes (Kozaburo). Mouse over right side of pick for Download link. 2 item down

No Count:

Rowdy: Bed * Bedroll and Canteen by Travler. RNDA weekly freebie No Longer Available
    Environment: Fire * Camp Fire by Eric VanDycke . RNDA Weekly Freebie No Longer Available
    Chuckwagon: Rifle * Western Firearms by Questor. Old DAZ freebie offerings No Longer Available
    Wishbone: Hair * Duke Hair by DAZ 3D SWAM goldtassel. Part of the content sold with DAZ Studio 4.5
    Wishbone: Base * Genesis by DAZ 3D. Part of the content sold with DAZ Studio 4.5

Paid For:

stunning as always dollygirl

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    jeeperz said:

LOL, actually I stay close so that when he shoots I am not in the way

• Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Zamuel great render..
    Soon I will have some time off ( now is check, answer, come back later time:))
    jepeerz.. ehh... good you didn't started to trow pie at the bear ... remember never do that.

I once met a little wild boar.. and was really happy his momma was not around ;)

Other encounters with wildlife I had only in the zoo .

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    chohole said:

Why would someone from Cydonia, Mars know anything about welsh sheep? I thought they were only interested in Earth cattle and making crop circles?

:lol:

I was thinking of this actually, Filmed in theat bit of Mars that looks most like North Welsh mountains

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bEu6ilyHCw

edited December 1969

Hahaha! Great video, thanks for the giggles!

edited December 1969

Yeah, it is great. Apparently, according to The Bryster it was filmed just a wee bit away from him.

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited December 1969

Can we combine shows in one image?

edited December 1969

Eustace .. err.. I didn't thought of that but why not.. they made Flinstones meet Jetsons ( or other way around) so why couldn't Munsters meet Addams. ( or whatever you will put here)

edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:

The Rare Artifact

DEFAULT/UNCOUNTED
    Genesis
    Tankini
    Shader Mixer leather preset

PAID
    SF Multiplicity for Genesis

FREE
    Morphs -- DieTrying's 182 V4 Morphs for Genesis -- http://www.sharecg.com/v/58198/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/DieTryings-182-V4-Morphs-for-Genesis (requires login)
    Trench Coat -- Sickle Trench Coat M4H4 -- http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=60788 (requires login)
    Pants -- Genesis Trousers -- http://www.sharecg.com/v/61927/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Trousers (requires login)
    Skin texture -- Francisca for V4.2 -- http://www.sharecg.com/v/29483/View/11/Poser/Francisca-for-V4.2 (requires login)
    Lipstick, eyes, skin bump map -- Kiko A4 -- http://rendercandy.com/product_info.php/cPath/25/products_id/132
    Hair -- wavy-tresses hair prop for poser -- http://www.sharecg.com/v/3779/View/11/Poser/wavy-tresses-hair-prop-for-poser (requires login)
    Hat -- The Fedora -- http://www.sharecg.com/v/42597/View/11/Poser/The-Fedora (requires login)
    Display Case -- Display Case -- http://www.sharecg.com/v/61457/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Display-Case (requires login)
    Cube Puzzle -- Cube Puzzle -- http://www.philc.net/freestuff_archive.php
    Display case security console -- B Movie C4 Prop -- http://www.sharecg.com/v/56770/View/11/Poser/B-Movie-C4-Prop (requires login)
    Wall -- The Streets - Part 02 -- http://www.sharecg.com/v/41337/View/11/Poser/The-Streets---Part-02 (requires login)
    Floor -- BOLD shiny floor -- http://www.freeposes.net/freebie-archives/191-free-props-for-poser-and-daz

Ok, links were checked by Rob ( thank you/!) I checked all freebies are visable.. the render is on a bit dark side, but I could notice them very quickly with my poor eyesight, so it is good to go :)
    Keep eye on you PM box ;)

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

Freebies:

No Count:

Paid For:

Ok thank you again rob for checking the links :)
    All freebies are fairly seen , I really like how it is done dollygirl.. a lot of items, but no clutter. really nice :)

Keep your eyes on your PM box :)

edited December 1969

Dollygirl - Fantastic image! Great lighting and composition. I really love it. :)

ZamuelNow - Nice one! Recognised her right away. :) I was personally more into the DOS game than the show, but Carmen Sandiego was awesome either way.

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

Krissy said:
    Eustace .. err.. I didn't thought of that but why not.. they made Flinstones meet Jetsons ( or other way around) so why couldn't Munsters meet Addams. ( or whatever you will put here)

ermmm....I got Herman Munster meets Barney Fife!

:-)

barnherman.jpg
    295 x 221 - 47K
    edited December 1969

Krissy, I found Dollygirl's "Canteen and bedroll" that she listed as no longer available in a RDNA weekly freebie page.

it is here: http://www.runtimedna.com/newsletter/2011_05_06/index.html

scroll to the bottom, on the right.

edited December 1969

Krissy said:
    Dollygirl said:

Freebies:

No Count:

Paid For:

Ok thank you again rob for checking the links :)
    All freebies are fairly seen , I really like how it is done dollygirl.. a lot of items, but no clutter. really nice :)

Keep your eyes on your PM box :)

OK...I GIVE! What show is it...Wagontrain?

:)

edited December 1969

Dollygirl - Fantastic image! Great lighting and composition. I really love it. :)

ZamuelNow - Nice one! Recognised her right away. :) I was personally more into the DOS game than the show, but Carmen Sandiego was awesome either way.

Where in the world is.......

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

OK...I GIVE! What show is it...Wagontrain?

:)

Rawhide, of course! But it would be fun to do Wagontrain too or Gunsmoke or Davy Crocket or Daniel Boone or Maverick or Wild Wild West or Have Gun will Travel or what else was?

Thank you ShanarahPSU.

edited December 1969

Ok guys.. looks likie 4shared is playing games so will have to find another hosting site.
    I am very sotty for inconviniece ...

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Krissy, I found Dollygirl's "Canteen and bedroll" that she listed as no longer available in a RDNA weekly freebie page.

it is here: http://www.runtimedna.com/newsletter/2011_05_06/index.html

scroll to the bottom, on the right.

Well she did listed it in no count :)
    It is soch a shame with a lot of RDNA Newsletter freebies.. they have loads of very useful little props, but then to look for it you have to have a day ful.
    would be nice if they would crawl them all into zero priced items ;)